PDA

View Full Version : Is This True ?

*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»
11-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Read the bottom thread HERE (http://pub109.ezboard.com/ffoxprintsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=115.topic) by Marculus Coryphaeus.
Is this true, or is he talking crap ? <_<

cosmic doobie
11-05-2003, 12:24 PM
http://web.gay.hr/smilies/WTF.gif

*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»
11-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by cosmic doobie@5 November 2003 - 12:24
http://web.gay.hr/smilies/WTF.gif
http://home.no/femma/smilies/Drop%20Gob.gif

cosmic doobie
11-05-2003, 12:33 PM
Quote Marcus Wotshisname :D
This isnt as bad as it sounds but, if you use Kazaa, there is a 100% chance you have a virus. Kazaa is pretty much its own trojan... If you dont believe me and you know a little about computers, Check how many ports your comp has open to the internet. There should be between 1 and 10 on an average computer. The first time you launch Kazaa it opens over 400 ports, even if you have a ton of firewalls up. You have to close them all manually even if you delete Kazaa. But, you don&#39;t need to delete Kazaa unless you are paranoid that the people who made it want to screw with you. It&#39;s like the flu, it&#39;s not good, but I doubt it will kill you.

Suffice to say this guy is spouting Bullshit of the highest order <_<

Barbarossa
11-05-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by *´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»@5 November 2003 - 12:16
Read the bottom thread HERE (http://pub109.ezboard.com/ffoxprintsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=115.topic) by Marculus Coryphaeus.
Is this true, or is he talking crap ? <_<
I think he&#39;s talking about AltNet..

Nothing to worry about with K-Lite... ;)

*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»
11-05-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by barbarossa+5 November 2003 - 12:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 5 November 2003 - 12:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»@5 November 2003 - 12:16
Is this true, or is he talking crap ?&nbsp; <_<
I think he's talking about AltNet..

Nothing to worry about with K-Lite... ;) [/b][/quote]
How can i check ?

cosmic doobie
11-05-2003, 12:47 PM
KaZaA or ANY P2P programme i know DOES NOT open 400 ports- the guy is a pratt.
Just ignore it, you get nobs like this on every board :lol:

number6
11-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Hmmmmm, I&#39;m getting tons of SYN port scan attacks at the moment, anything up to 20 a minute (&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;), so I called BT Broadband up to ask how to change IP address so they&#39;d go away.

The techy told me how to do that (dead easy), and then asked if I had Kazaa installed.
"Yes", said I.
"It&#39;s a trojan then" He said.......
"Uninstall it and download Trojan Killer to wipe it out" he said.

Any thoughts, anyone?

ck-uk
11-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Mate the guys speaking metaphorically..as in just using kazaa is as bad as having a trojan.Kazaa its self cant be a trojan.A trojan is basicely a file in two parts one on your computer and the other half on the attackers to control the first.So it dosnt matter what p2p or you use if you&#39;re downloading files your at risk if you&#39;re paraniod.

cosmic doobie
11-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Well perhaps i have golden balls - but i have been using the fasttrack network with KaZaA Lite for the past 14 months as a SuperNode and not once have i got a virus let alone a Trojan.
I think if people are sensible and keep their PC security up to date what is there to worry about.
Common sense and a small amount of PC literacy is all that&#39;s required.
I&#39;m gonna get this topic moved to filesharing now.

number6
11-05-2003, 01:13 PM
No no, he asked specifically:
"Do you run Kazaa?"

He didn&#39;t mean that I had downloaded a trojan by using filesharing software, just Kazaa. i then came on here (I don&#39;t use Kazaa much now, I prefer Bittorrent) having not visited for some time, and I find this topic.

Coincidence? Maybe.

I don&#39;t think it does any harm to mention what BT had to say, he was very specific about Kazaa causing the trojan.

cosmic doobie
11-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by number6@5 November 2003 - 13:13
he was very specific about Kazaa causing the trojan.
BS&#33;&#33;&#33;
Please read my post and people please stop discussing self made RUMOURS&#33;

number6
11-05-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by cosmic doobie+5 November 2003 - 13:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cosmic doobie @ 5 November 2003 - 13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-number6@5 November 2003 - 13:13
BS&#33;&#33;&#33;
Please read my post and people please stop discussing self made RUMOURS&#33; [/b][/quote]
Easy tiger&#33;

I have spoken to BT again, and they say they are being inundated with this problem, and that Ad aware and Spybot should sort it as well as Trojan Killer.

This is not a scam, I have no interest in trolling, and if you don&#39;t believe me, ring the BT Broadband technical line yourself:

0870 240 4650

Don&#39;t just blast someones post &#39;coz it doesn&#39;t fit with what you think you know, they may be genuinely trying to sort a problem&#33;

Thanks,

fr600
11-05-2003, 01:48 PM
NO

ck-uk
11-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by number6+5 November 2003 - 13:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (number6 &#064; 5 November 2003 - 13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by cosmic doobie@5 November 2003 - 13:16
<!--QuoteBegin-number6@5 November 2003 - 13:13
BS&#33;&#33;&#33;
Please read my post and people please stop discussing self made RUMOURS&#33;
Easy tiger&#33;

I have spoken to BT again, and they say they are being inundated with this problem, and that Ad aware and Spybot should sort it as well as Trojan Killer.

This is not a scam, I have no interest in trolling, and if you don&#39;t believe me, ring the BT Broadband technical line yourself:

0870 240 4650

Don&#39;t just blast someones post &#39;coz it doesn&#39;t fit with what you think you know, they may be genuinely trying to sort a problem&#33;

Thanks,
6[/b][/quote]
Maybe not mate..but if your ringing about trojans & p2p your&#39;re obviouely downloading pirate software,music movies.So i doubt they&#39;re going to say anything incouraging anyway.If you&#39;re worried just uninstall whichever and dont use it. :D

number6
11-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@5 November 2003 - 13:53

Maybe not mate..but if your ringing about trojans & p2p your&#39;re obviouely downloading pirate software,music movies.So i doubt they&#39;re going to say anything incouraging anyway.If you&#39;re worried just uninstall whichever and dont use it. :D [/quote]
No, I didn&#39;t ring about trojans and P2P, I rang because I have been getting inundated with SYN port scan attacks. The first question he asked me was:

"Do you have Kazaa installed?"
"Yes"
"It is a trojan.........." and went on to explain how to get rid of it.

If they&#39;re scamming me then fair enough, but I can&#39;t imagine they would ask everyone who rings them the same question with a view to conning them to stop P2P sharing?&#33; They won&#39;t have many customers left if they do&#33;

After the initial accusations of "BS" I got when I first posted this, I called BT back to clarify the situation (somewhat annoyed, because I don&#39;t like being misled), and they assured me that they ARE being inundated with calls over this, that it is a known problem, and that the developers of Kazaa and Kazaalite are fully aware of it.

I don&#39;t know guys, but don&#39;t shoot the messenger&#33;

ck-uk
11-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Mate theres obviousely virus an trojan on kazaa"its not a serect"and when alot of in-experienced users ringing techs on so on they&#39;re going to be told it.Theres virus etc almost everywhere.If your carefull what you open and know what you&#39;re downloading it means nothing mate. :D

cosmic doobie
11-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by number6@5 November 2003 - 13:31

:o

When did I say it was a Scam ?
People come on to the Kazaa Lite forum and start spreading bullshit.
I have already given you my thoughts on the matter :D

And it is not wise to start discussing KaZaa or ANY P2P with British Telecom considering they are now part owned by SBC/Yahoo&#33; who are very anti P2P.
I mean what do you really expect them to say.
Anyhow i hope this topic gets moved because it&#39;s not doing Kazaa Lite&#39;s name any good when people are obviously out to try and trash us.

Goodbye :D

cosmic doobie
11-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by number6@5 November 2003 - 14:04

I have been getting inundated with SYN port scan attacks.
http://www.blackmaxpc.com/avatarsmiles/smiles/crying5.gif

Learn to live with it pal &#33;
If you saw my firewall log you&#39;d be mortified :D

number6
11-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@5 November 2003 - 14:18
Mate theres obviousely virus an trojan on kazaa"its not a serect"and when alot of in-experienced users ringing techs on so on they&#39;re going to be told it.Theres virus etc almost everywhere.If your carefull what you open and know what you&#39;re downloading it means nothing mate. :D
Hehehe, thanks for that ck-uk, but BT were not referring to something I&#39;d downloaded, and I&#39;m not an inexperienced user. I&#39;ve been happily P2P sharing for around 6 years now.

Honestly guys, this is what BT are telling their customers if they are attacked and on Kazaa. I make no other comment. I&#39;m not saying it&#39;s true, I&#39;m not saying it isn&#39;t.

cosmic doobie
11-05-2003, 02:31 PM
http://www.blackmaxpc.com/avatarsmiles/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mountains out of Molehills.
And stop trying to have the last word.
case dismissed :D

number6
11-05-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by cosmic doobie@5 November 2003 - 14:18

People come on to the Kazaa Lite forum and start spreading bullshit.
Anyhow i hope this topic gets moved because it&#39;s not doing Kazaa Lite&#39;s name any good when people are obviously out to try and trash us.

Goodbye :D
Fascinating response, Cosmic.

I&#39;m just telling you what BT told me, as I keep saying.

I have no interest in trashing Kazaalite&#39;s "good name" because I&#39;ve got better things to do with my time.

I suspect, with an average of 5 posts PER DAY since you joined this forum, you are far more interested in speaking than listening. If you&#39;ve been file sharing for the dizzying length of time that you have (14 months, didn&#39;t you say?), then you are truly a god amongst men. How any of us can bear to be in the same forum with someone who has so obviously cornered all of the knowledge in the World is beyond me.

You need to be careful reacting like this to the honest posts of others, else you will never find out stuff &#39;coz no-one will want to post anything.

Still, you obviously know best&#33;

ck-uk
11-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Sorry mate,,i wasnt refering to you personally.I was just talking about

that they ARE being inundated with calls

Anyway thats it for me now..i off to play colin macrae rally 3 for a bit. :D

cosmic doobie
11-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Read my PM and don&#39;t react again on this thread.
PM Me&#33;

number6
11-05-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@5 November 2003 - 14:41
Sorry mate,,i wasnt refering to you personally.I was just talking about

that they ARE being inundated with calls

Anyway thats it for me now..i off to play colin macrae rally 3 for a bit. :D
No worries bud.

jetje
11-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Kazaa is one big giant trojan&#33; i get unasked movies, programs and music on my pc... or did i click wrong :lol:

Could be a nice argument to use when you have to answer your isp.... :lol:

number6
11-05-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by jetje@5 November 2003 - 14:53
Kazaa is one big giant trojan&#33; i get unasked movies, programs and music on my pc... or did i click wrong :lol:

Could be a nice argument to use when you have to answer your isp.... :lol:
Hehehe, now there&#39;s an idea&#33;

number6
11-05-2003, 03:17 PM
OK, I think I&#39;ll try changing my IP address and running an anti trojan before I go as far as uninstalling Kazaalite. I&#39;ll let you know if there are any further problems.

InverseKinetix
11-05-2003, 03:19 PM
KL is a TROJAN I just cant for the life of me decide which one. Ribbed or lubed

http://www.condomzone.com/groups/154.jpg
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cosmic doobie
11-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Hope your "problems" disappear :unsure:

Rat Faced
11-05-2003, 04:55 PM
With the amount of crap that is installed with KaZaa, especially the latest version, it wouldnt surprise me at all if there were a shit load of ports open when you start it... all that adware needs to connect to someone.

However K-Lite has removed the crap, hence the name.

As to BT...they are an ISP. Read their Terms of Use policy...you just told them your breaking them. They dont support p2p or filesharing.

They turn a blind eye of course, like most others...but that does not mean they will help you sort out your p2p problems. They are busy guys and have gallons of coffee to drink before they get home. Give them a nice target (and the obvious one) and that is your problem....with any luck, next tme you ring you&#39;ll get someone else, and they can do some work :lol:

*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»
11-05-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@5 November 2003 - 16:55
With the amount of crap that is installed with KaZaa, especially the latest version, it wouldnt surprise me at all if there were a shit load of ports open when you start it... all that adware needs to connect to someone.

However K-Lite has removed the crap, hence the name.

As to BT...they are an ISP. Read their Terms of Use policy...you just told them your breaking them. They dont support p2p or filesharing.

They turn a blind eye of course, like most others...but that does not mean they will help you sort out your p2p problems. They are busy guys and have gallons of coffee to drink before they get home. Give them a nice target (and the obvious one) and that is your problem....with any luck, next tme you ring you&#39;ll get someone else, and they can do some work :lol:
Thanks for those words Rat Faced. So basically what he says applies to Kazz only not k-lite.

number6
11-05-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@5 November 2003 - 16:55
Give them a nice target (and the obvious one) and that is your problem....with any luck, next tme you ring you&#39;ll get someone else, and they can do some work :lol:
Yep, fair point, but it really didn&#39;t sound like that when I spoke to them on both occasions (you can just tell after a while when you speak to a techy), and I&#39;ve got Kazaalite, not Kazaa.

I hope you are right &#39;coz it&#39;s winding me up&#33;

number6
11-06-2003, 11:53 AM
Ok, so here goes. A few of the doubters in here are bound to pounce on me for this but this is what happened when I got home last night.

My girlfriend had been unable to turn my PC off, so I reset, and it wouldn&#39;t work (got most of the way through the boot, then just a blank screen).

I tried another re-boot. Same result.

I tried a few system restores, didn&#39;t work.

I booted up in safe mode and ran Macaffee. The result somewhat startled me.

Virus found:

program files/kazaacheater/kazaacheater.exe

This, it described as:

New P2P Worm virus

I have had that file on my system for ages without a problem&#33;

After deleting it (and the rest of Kazaalite) my system is totally fragged. I&#39;m going to have to reload XP and everything.

I know this is going to be shouted down, particularly as I have no screen shots (my PC is totally f****d so I couldn&#39;t), but mark my words, this ain&#39;t going to be just me&#33;

Discuss&#33;

6 :blink:

ck-uk
11-06-2003, 12:13 PM
Mate if thats the cheater by rocko is not a virus..its just for the pl level.I dont think its used any more as a seperate prog,its now intergrated in to k++ as far as i know.All i&#39;ve noticed is the icon being used by the kl config wiz.So you must have downloaded that yourself. :D

number6
11-06-2003, 12:17 PM
If it is the one I downloaded myself, then it&#39;s over a year old&#33;

For McAfee to call it "New P2P Worm Virus" seems a little odd if that&#39;s all it is, and how come my system is fragged?&#33;&#33;&#33;

Adster
11-06-2003, 12:26 PM
its a load of BS

ck-uk
11-06-2003, 12:28 PM
It may be old mate ..you downloaded it..I think pauls even add it to the word filter list.With your system mate ..i dont know mate..mines ok.

No just reinstall windows and tri and keep it clean and maintained.And be carfull what you download in the future. :D

*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»
11-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by number6@6 November 2003 - 11:53
Ok, so here goes. A few of the doubters in here are bound to pounce on me for this but this is what happened when I got home last night.

My girlfriend had been unable to turn my PC off, so I reset, and it wouldn&#39;t work (got most of the way through the boot, then just a blank screen).

I tried another re-boot. Same result.

I tried a few system restores, didn&#39;t work.

I booted up in safe mode and ran Macaffee. The result somewhat startled me.

Virus found:

program files/kazaacheater/kazaacheater.exe

This, it described as:

New P2P Worm virus

I have had that file on my system for ages without a problem&#33;

After deleting it (and the rest of Kazaalite) my system is totally fragged. I&#39;m going to have to reload XP and everything.

I know this is going to be shouted down, particularly as I have no screen shots (my PC is totally f****d so I couldn&#39;t), but mark my words, this ain&#39;t going to be just me&#33;

Discuss&#33;

6 :blink:
^^Theres your problem^^........... :lol:

shinzuiski
11-06-2003, 12:55 PM
yes it is true, it is a trojan, we are all gettin punished for steeling millions of dollars from movie companies,

DAMN YOU SALZARR&#33;&#33;&#33; :ph34r:

edit: --
for the dumb asses in here, i was being sarcastic.

number6
11-06-2003, 12:55 PM
Hehehe *´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»

Nice one (It&#39;s funny, because it&#39;s true)

Adster. Great post.

41(&#33;) posts a day and I bet they&#39;re all as incisive as that one, me old mate.

"Its a load of BS"

Genius.

number6
11-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Erm, I would just like to point out that I don&#39;t actually believe that Kazaalite is, in itself, a virus. This was originally someone elses post&#33;

I&#39;m having major problems which SEEM to stem from kazaacheater.exe, but I could be wrong.

.......just in case some of you think I&#39;m just here to slag off KL, which I&#39;m not.

ck-uk
11-06-2003, 07:14 PM
I&#39;m having major problems which SEEM to stem from kazaacheater.exe, but I could be wrong.

Well delete it then mate.Theres no need to have it on your computer.As i said in my previous post,the cheat is built in to k/l lite now & unless you delete it from the filter list you wont be able to downloaded it again so you have nothing to worry about. :D

number6
11-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Yeah, cheers for that CK-UK, it&#39;s long gone, but it seems the damage is already done. I&#39;d love to get hold of whoever stitched me up with this&#33; :angry: :angry: :angry: