View Full Version : XIX Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi

iLOVENZB
10-09-2010, 05:58 AM
The only major event in the commonwealth and there's no thread on it :unsure:

IdolEyes787
10-09-2010, 12:41 PM
The only ones that care about the Commonwealth Games are the Australians and I'm not even sure about that.
You have to realize that from an athlete's perspective that , coming at the end of a long competition season ,it only holds interest to those looking to up their world ranking to either secure more funding or to solidify their spot on the Olympic long team.

Therefore the Commonweath Games ,regardless of PR or incurred expense , are nothing more than over-blown exhibitions ( they aren't referred to as The Friendly Games ie friendlies for nothing) and I think the majority of the public are (at least sub-consciously ) aware of that fact. Hence the blasé .

The average person barely cares about most of those sports ( or for that matter the Commonwealth) so how much less will they care then when nothing is really on the line?

graywolf
10-09-2010, 01:28 PM
The only ones that care about the Commonwealth Games are the Australians and I'm not even sure about that.
You have to realize that from an athlete's perspective that , coming at the end of a long competition season ,it only holds interest to those looking to up their world ranking to either secure more funding or to solidify their spot on the Olympic long team.

Therefore the Commonweath Games ,regardless of PR or incurred expense , are nothing more than over-blown exhibitions ( they aren't referred to as The Friendly Games ie friendlies for nothing) and I think the majority of the public are (at least sub-consciously ) aware of that fact. Hence the blasé .

The average person barely cares about most of those sports ( or for that matter the Commonwealth) so how much less will they care then when nothing is really on the line?

Agreed totally.. I mean it's even being held in my own country, but I just don't have the time to care..