PDA

View Full Version : What Really Pisses You Off About Console Gaming?

TheDave
11-05-2003, 04:22 PM
today 4 of us had an arguement about sony and nintendo and which was best. i was on the side of nintendo against 3 ps2 bummers (bummers is just the term we use, so im a gamecube bummer.) i cant even remember how it started but one of them converted to my side cos i was right, i think it was about cpu speed or something.

anyway the thing that pissed me off but also made me know i was right. 2 of them said that the ps1 has better graphics than n64, if you look at the 3d games this is a matter of fact not oppinion if you ask me (<<<contradictionee :blink: ) even using examples of great ps1 graphics like gt2 and spyro are only average on the n64. so thats one thing that pisses me off.

another thing is why are the gamecube loading times so long on multiformat games. they dont need to be :angry:

and whats happening to miyamoto? pikmin and luigi&#39;s mansion rock but he didnt half fuck mario and zelda up?

bob_the_alien
11-05-2003, 04:30 PM
N64, was a better system than PS1, as far as graphics go, and Gamecube is a more powerful system than the PS2, and it should be came out more than a year after the PS2 did.

However, I don&#39;t know whether I&#39;d say one is better than the other, I like many games on both consoles, Hell on all three consoles.
X-box is the most powerful of all, but it doesn&#39;t make it the best, just makes it the most powerful.
I think it all just boils down to which games are the most fun.

And I thought the new Zelda and Mario games for Gamecube, kicked ass.

Mad Cat
11-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by TheDave@5 November 2003 - 16:22
today 4 of us had an arguement about sony and nintendo and which was best. i was on the side of nintendo against 3 ps2 bummers (bummers is just the term we use, so im a gamecube bummer.) i cant even remember how it started but one of them converted to my side cos i was right, i think it was about cpu speed or something.

anyway the thing that pissed me off but also made me know i was right. 2 of them said that the ps1 has better graphics than n64, if you look at the 3d games this is a matter of fact not oppinion if you ask me (<<<contradictionee :blink: ) even using examples of great ps1 graphics like gt2 and spyro are only average on the n64. so thats one thing that pisses me off.

another thing is why are the gamecube loading times so long on multiformat games. they dont need to be :angry:

and whats happening to miyamoto? pikmin and luigi&#39;s mansion rock but he didnt half fuck mario and zelda up?
If you close your mind to a console because of preference, thats just stupid. Think of all the games you miss out on.

TheDave
11-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Mad Cat+5 November 2003 - 16:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 5 November 2003 - 16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@5 November 2003 - 16:22

If you close your mind to a console because of preference, thats just stupid. Think of all the games you miss out on. [/b][/quote]
i didnt. that was my point. these people were saying playstation graphics were better when they had obviously never given the nintendo a chance. thats what pisses me off. ive got all free current consoles but my favourite is the gamecube because i prefer the games

Mr. Mulder
11-05-2003, 05:05 PM
At some stage I&#39;ve owned both a Gamecube and a PS2. The cube was considerably better, the graphics were allot smoother and the actual game-play was more enjoyable. Imo the PS2 isn&#39;t as good as people say. I&#39;ve got an xbox at the moment which is fantastic with games like Morrowind, overall, PC gaming is allot more enjoyable ;)

Kid1A
11-05-2003, 05:39 PM
The fact you cant update, patch or mod any games

Komek
11-05-2003, 10:53 PM
nintendo is better, even tho i have a ps2&#33; :)

Rip The Jacker
11-06-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Kid1A@5 November 2003 - 09:39
The fact you cant update, patch or mod any games
Exactly.

Nightwolf
11-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by TheDave+5 November 2003 - 11:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave @ 5 November 2003 - 11:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Mad Cat@5 November 2003 - 16:33
<!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@5 November 2003 - 16:22

If you close your mind to a console because of preference, thats just stupid. Think of all the games you miss out on.
i didnt. that was my point. these people were saying playstation graphics were better when they had obviously never given the nintendo a chance. thats what pisses me off. ive got all free current consoles but my favourite is the gamecube because i prefer the games [/b][/quote]
All free? How&#39;d you manage that? ;)

j4y3m
11-06-2003, 11:06 AM
PS2&#39;s CPU Speed Is Faster Than Gamecube&#39;s...And X-Box&#39;s&#33; X-Box and Gamecube Have Better GPU Though :)

Evil Gemini
11-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Shit not again

TheDave
11-06-2003, 01:12 PM
All free? How&#39;d you manage that?&nbsp;

sorry you know i meant three right? all this filesharing has gone to my head

and im sure the gc is faster than the ps2. i cant remember the figures but its something like; xbox 400, gc 333, ps2 250. not sure though if someone colud find us the official ones id be grateful :)

Cygnuz-Y
11-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by TheDave@6 November 2003 - 13:12

All free? How&#39;d you manage that?

sorry you know i meant three right? all this filesharing has gone to my head

and im sure the gc is faster than the ps2. i cant remember the figures but its something like; xbox 400, gc 333, ps2 250. not sure though if someone colud find us the official ones id be grateful :)
I dont think the hardware matters the most, THE CONSOLE IS MADE BY THE GAMES, i know games like Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime but this are only part of few games meanwhile the PS2 has ToNS AND TONS of really good games...

I would really like a GameCube to play those good games but i preffer the PS2 so i can choose from a lot of good games.... :ph34r:

Vamp
11-06-2003, 06:59 PM
The only things I don&#39;t like about consoles is controller sensitivty. When I play the odd game on PC I have the sens. on full. Luckily, some games allow you to adjust controller sensitivity, like Halo which is great because I play better with a controller then with a mouse and keyboard...

One (out of the hundred) things I love about consoles.

The fact that you CAN download mods and patches, I downloaded the new mission to Splinter Cell, Kola Cell... They might not be as readily available as PC mods, but I can see it happening in the future. A magazine called N.A.G releases mods and patches for PS2 and Xbox games.

I don&#39;t think you can say a console is inferior to a PC unless you have a bunch of consoles plus a decent PC.

I own Xbox, Ps2 and Dreamcast + a plathora of games and I much prefer consoles to PC, my thumbs adapt to the controllers and I can play like a fish in water... Consoles are Super-Standard gaming ona Not-having-to-worry-about-system-specs-or-upgrades platform. When games come out multi-platform, The consoles usually get better marks then the PC... Such as Halo and Enter The Matrix.

TheDave
11-06-2003, 07:50 PM
another thing why is the c-stick so sensetive on some games

Mad Cat
11-06-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by TheDave+5 November 2003 - 16:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave @ 5 November 2003 - 16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Mad Cat@5 November 2003 - 16:33
<!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@5 November 2003 - 16:22

i didnt. that was my point. these people were saying playstation graphics were better when they had obviously never given the nintendo a chance. thats what pisses me off. ive got all free current consoles but my favourite is the gamecube because i prefer the games [/b][/quote]
Sorry, you misunderstood. I am speaking for everyone, not you.

killer04
11-07-2003, 03:41 PM
I always found nintendo games good. What do u suggest i buy, a gc or xbox? If i had an gc i could connect it to my gameboy advance :D

NITENDO ROX :wub:

Cygnuz-Y
11-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by killer04@7 November 2003 - 15:41
I always found nintendo games good. What do u suggest i buy, a gc or xbox? If i had an gc i could connect it to my gameboy advance :D

Nintendo GC, as i said the console is made by the games and i find nintendo games more Enjoyable than Xbox&#39;s....

phAnt0m buRn
11-07-2003, 08:53 PM
There&#39;s so much here I haven&#39;t even bothered reading it, but here is my view.

Even though my favourite is the Nintendo GameCube (it&#39;s the only one I own), I believe that there is no &#39;best&#39; console because of the variety of games on each one.
You&#39;d have to have all three to be even able to make a valid judgement, and quite a lot of people just go off the games a console has. This is probably one of the reasons of the GameCubes lack of extreme success. People think least of it because of the games it has on offer, even though they are made out of pure brilliance (Metroid Prime, Zelda, F-Zero etc.).

I can&#39;t think of what else to say, so I&#39;ll stop.

Nightwolf
11-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Cygnuz&#045;Y+7 November 2003 - 10:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cygnuz&#045;Y &#064; 7 November 2003 - 10:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-killer04@7 November 2003 - 15:41

Nintendo GC, as i said the console is made by the games and i find nintendo games more Enjoyable than Xbox&#39;s....[/b][/quote]
However, Nintendo&#39;s best game developer RARE was recently bought out by Microsoft. That means if and when they make sequels to games like Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, and Conker&#39;s Bad Fur Day they will all be exclusively for the Xbox. Now I just wish Nintendo would port all their Mario and Zelda games to the Xbox as well. B)

Stonecoldfreak1
11-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Nightwolf+7 November 2003 - 20:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf &#064; 7 November 2003 - 20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Cygnuz&#045;Y@7 November 2003 - 10:47
<!--QuoteBegin-killer04@7 November 2003 - 15:41

Nintendo GC, as i said the console is made by the games and i find nintendo games more Enjoyable than Xbox&#39;s....
However, Nintendo&#39;s best game developer RARE was recently bought out by Microsoft. That means if and when they make sequels to games like Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, and Conker&#39;s Bad Fur Day they will all be exclusively for the Xbox. Now I just wish Nintendo would port all their Mario and Zelda games to the Xbox as well. B) [/b][/quote]
rare cant make the DK games for xbox nintendo has the rights to em :lol:

heres a list of the games rare has going for xbox right now

grabbed by the ghoulies (great game ;))
kameo
perfect dark zero
conker live and uncut (remake of the older one with updated graphics and xbox live support)

People think least of it because of the games it has on offer, even though they are made out of pure brilliance (Metroid Prime, Zelda, F-Zero etc.).

metroid prime was HORRIBLE i got it with my GC and i hate it :angry:... i do kinda like f-zero but it gets kinda old.... zelda i wouldnt know i only played the demo for about 2 seconds

kaiweiler
11-07-2003, 09:10 PM
My favorite is Super Nintendo&#33; :D
the sad thing...it really is

Stonecoldfreak1
11-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@7 November 2003 - 21:10
nah that means you get the games for free in less than 30 seconds at a time

Nightwolf
11-08-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@7 November 2003 - 16:10
I&#39;ll second that. I still have mine hooked up, right beside my N64 and Xbox. But the SNES games are just more fun - something that most of today&#39;s games are lacking.

kc1
11-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Hey which is the better console; is a semantic argument&#33; What really pisses me off is the price of the dam games( 50 pounds each is fucked up&#33;)
K...........
:nuke: o:) :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

killer04
11-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Yeah the console games are a bit too expensive&#33;&#33;&#33;

The old console games are fun to play...

Mad Cat
11-08-2003, 09:57 AM
The fact that they all think that their consoles are better then PCs, even though they never even played a PC.

Hehe, they can&#39;t get free games, so for the best of both worlds, a PC and a console is required. Plus with a PC you open up a whole library of new games.

Vamp
11-08-2003, 10:54 AM
I have the 3 best consoles:

Xbox
PS2
Dreamcast (I refuse to buy a Gamecube because not one game appeals to me&#33;)

I also have a pretty decent PC, but I&#39;ll be getting a new one in a few months...I can honestly say that console gaming is far superior to PC...I&#39;d have to get a PC Upgrade in a few months, but I&#39;d only have to get a console upgrade in 2 or 3 years&#33;

killer04
11-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Well, we can upgrade a pc :D but not a console :(

miffo
11-12-2003, 02:39 PM
wtf does it matter what is the best

some games are better on pc some on consoles it&#39;s as easy as that
pc:s as the machines are better cause it will let u do other stuff with them

have&#39;em all and play&#39;em all, if u got the cash that is :D

tHe LiNk
11-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by stupidguy@6 November 2003 - 11:06
PS2&#39;s CPU Speed Is Faster Than Gamecube&#39;s...And X-Box&#39;s&#33; X-Box and Gamecube Have Better GPU Though :)
Where on earth did you get that info from? :huh:

miffo
11-12-2003, 03:14 PM
to answer the topic question:
what I hate isn&#39;t the consoles or the games for them
what pisses me of is those people claiming consoles are the best at everything, and additionally they never owned a new pc or even played a game on one for the last say 5-6 years
if they ever have played a game it wasn&#39;t for a long time, they just tried it and says the controls suck or the screen is too small or the graphics are bad (noo really on a crap-looking-dusty-old.........-pc duh)

personally I think consoles are good gaming machines sometimes (if they&#39;re equipped with a lot of extra gear) the costs for mem-cards and such stuff really sucks but that&#39;s the company manufacturing them that sucks not the games or the machine itself

TheDave
11-12-2003, 03:48 PM
everything has different uses though

i couldnt play battlefield without the keyboard+mouse+joystick setup of a pc

i couldnt play pokemon or harvest moon on anything other than a gameboy

ive tried playing ocarina of time on pj64 and it just doesnt seem as good

:)

miffo
11-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by TheDave@12 November 2003 - 15:48

is it possible to fly a plane any good with a joystick i BF1942
god knows I&#39;ve tried with mouse&#39;n&#39;keyb
almost impossible I&#39;d say

TheDave
11-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by miffo+12 November 2003 - 15:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miffo @ 12 November 2003 - 15:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@12 November 2003 - 15:48

is it possible to fly a plane any good with a joystick i BF1942
god knows I&#39;ve tried with mouse&#39;n&#39;keyb
almost impossible I&#39;d say [/b][/quote]
i tend to fly into mountains anyway, but i like driving with it

Vamp
11-12-2003, 05:27 PM
To the guy who said you can&#39;t get console games for free... Oh, believe me you can. I have a chip in my PS2 and Xbox and just copy my own games, or get my friends to do it for me... I don&#39;t download them though, if that&#39;s what you mean. (I just rent them out and copy them))

Also, it&#39;s not only the people who "Havn&#39;t played a PC in 5 or 6 years" that think consoles are better... I play PC&#39;s all the time, I just finished Max Payne 2 on PC, great game, but I&#39;ll play it again on Xbox. I think there&#39;s more atmosphere when you play a game on a huge TV and sound system then on a PC.

Also take a look at Gamerevolution.com there are 6 new reviews, only 1 of them is for a PC game, where I think my theory that more games come out for consoles then PC. And as someone said, most console games for PS2 are made by JApanese companies, therefore they&#39;re more original, fresh and deep then PC games, which are usually only FPS&#39;s (Very Popular), RTS&#39;s (Getting More Popular) and Third Person Action/Adventure (Rare)

http://www.game-revolution.com/games/xbox/...imson_skies.htm (http://www.game-revolution.com/games/xbox/action/crimson_skies.htm)

That is a review for a flight sim on Xbox that got an A-

One of the Pros for the game was that it has "Great Control"

Also, just remember where all the most in-depth and deep games appeared first&#33;

GTA 3 and Vice City (PS2)
Splinter Cell (Xbox)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
HeadHunter (Dreamcast)
Shenmue I and II (Xbox)
etc

Xelotath
11-12-2003, 07:59 PM
However, Nintendo&#39;s best game developer RARE was recently bought out by Microsoft. That means if and when they make sequels to games like Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, and Conker&#39;s Bad Fur Day they will all be exclusively for the Xbox. Now I just wish Nintendo would port all their Mario and Zelda games to the Xbox as well.

How is Rare a good developer? How long has it been since they put out a game that was good? I think the last one was Perfect Dark, and that was well over a few years ago. It would be nice if Nintendo still had them, but they were just too slow puttting games out. Microsoft has had them for almost a year and they still haven&#39;t realeased a friggen game.

Oh, and DK is owned by Nintendo, so don&#39;t expect to see that on any other system. And I honestly doubt you will ever see a nintendo game on anything other than a nintendo system.

Honestly, all 3 consoles are great, and Pc is great too. it just depends on what kind of games you want to play.

For FPS, MMORPG&#39;s, and RTS Pc is the best, The PS2 has the best RPG&#39;s, X-box has a little bit of everything, and the Gamecube has Kickass First and Second party games like Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, Eternal Darkness, etc..

its all a matter of opinion people.

That&#39;s my 2 cents.

Mad Cat
11-12-2003, 08:22 PM
The PS2 has the best RPG&#39;s

SAY WHAT???

Final Fantasy single handedly makes it the best console for RPGs? (I&#39;ve always hated FF too)

I can&#39;t really think of any great RPGs for PS2.

The PC has all of Bioware&#39;s games, TES3: Morrowind, and soon to be Knights of the Old Republic.

TheDave
11-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Xelotath@12 November 2003 - 19:59
How is Rare a good developer? How long has it been since they put out a game that was good? I think the last one was Perfect Dark, and that was well over a few years ago. It would be nice if Nintendo still had them, but they were just too slow puttting games out. Microsoft has had them for almost a year and they still haven&#39;t realeased a friggen game.

Oh, and DK is owned by Nintendo, so don&#39;t expect to see that on any other system. And I honestly doubt you will ever see a nintendo game on anything other than a nintendo system.

the great shigeru miyamoto once said

"a delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"

which if you think about it has some truth

Nightwolf
11-12-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Xelotath@12 November 2003 - 14:59

However, Nintendo&#39;s best game developer RARE was recently bought out by Microsoft. That means if and when they make sequels to games like Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, and Conker&#39;s Bad Fur Day they will all be exclusively for the Xbox. Now I just wish Nintendo would port all their Mario and Zelda games to the Xbox as well.

How is Rare a good developer? How long has it been since they put out a game that was good? I think the last one was Perfect Dark, and that was well over a few years ago.
My point was that RARE was repsonsible for many of the best games for the N64, and now that they&#39;re working for MS, Nintendo might be in trouble. I believe their last game was Conker&#39;s Bad Fur Day, which I personally never played but it recieved a lot of good reviews. Of course that was a few years ago because it was at the end of the N64&#39;s life cycle. They couldn&#39;t release anything for Gamecube because it wasn&#39;t out yet, and then when MS bought them it took a while to convert all the projects they&#39;d been working on for GC to Xbox format. Incidently, they&#39;ve just released their first new title, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, and all I can say is - it&#39;s different. But I&#39;m still looking forward to more great games from the company that gave us possibly the best game on N64 - Goldeneye. And don&#39;t tell me they won&#39;t be making any more 007 games because I know that. My point is that they know how to make great games, and I trust that they will.

Nuf Said <_<

Nightwolf
11-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by killer04@12 November 2003 - 09:30
Well, we can upgrade a pc :D&nbsp; but not a console :(
Yeah, and for what you spend upgrading you could buy two or three consoles. ;) Trust me, I&#39;ve been through it with several PC&#39;s and it really adds up. Sometimes I like going back to console gaming just so I don&#39;t have to worry about all the constant upgrading and tweaking and other BS that comes with PC gaming.

I&#39;m not taking sides on the issue - I love video games on any platform. I&#39;m just saying they all have their advantages and disadvantages. B)

TheDave
11-13-2003, 01:54 PM
i took starfox adventures back to game yesterday and swapped it for billy hatcher.

starfox adventures being rares last proper nintendo game, and it was pretty average