PDA

View Full Version : My Review of Rapidpeer

theshadow1234
10-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Ordered the Gold Package with FTP turbo and the Dedicated Server non 1GB option on both...

Setup Time was instant. And email was sent with login details to seedbox.

Logged in to both sessions with no problems..

Transaction and setup time was Excellent 5/5
Speeds...

Once i had a few packages going i was able to test some speeds. Speeds were very good. Id see about 8-9 Mb/s both ways on both boxes. THe dedicated box is a waste of time only because they don't give you access to anything else besides your secured session to the ru-t. No Root, VNC, NX, Terminal, nothing. Its just like ordering the Gold Package or any other Basic Seedbox Package. I am not sure how many people they stick you in with on the shared boxes but by judging by the speeds, they avertised exactly what was on their website. IMHO

FTP TUrbo was consistant for a week then it slowed down big time. Since I am located on the other side of the world, i needed a ftp proxy for faster transfer rates. This would be the big key in deciding if i would stay with these guys. Well it slowed down after a good solid week and then it went all down hill. I would say i was DLing @ about 135 kb/s. That was about 20 times slower than what i started out with.

SO speeds on seedbox is 4/5 and FTPTURB0 is 1/5 :(

Support

Forget about it. Just like my previous provider they are useless. I submitted about 15 tickets and probably 2 were answered. The other ones were closed by staff for no reason and the problems were still unsolved.

Support 1/5 :cry:

Extras. THe only thing cool was FXping to between seedboxes. Although they do not provide any plugins built into ru-t, a simple FTP client ( I use smart FTP) does help transfer data across multiple seedboxes.

If these guys could get thier act together with thier support this would be a good place to go but because thier horrible support and ftp proxy speeds it wasn't worth it settling in for.

Overall 3/5 :dry:

CevapsizSorular
10-12-2010, 06:38 PM
You get 9 MB/s max? :D Nice bro. It is better then other shit seedunlimited than. xD

They were known about the supporting. And now we see it again. :D Shits? Süx? :D

I wonder the speed. It is stable really? :D I really surprised 9 Mb/s. This must be record! :D

Mugur
10-12-2010, 06:45 PM
He said non 1 Gbit
Still, rapidpeer is a place to stay away from due to the lack of support they are famous for.

CevapsizSorular
10-12-2010, 06:46 PM
I saw that but i feel it surely their 1 gbps are not better then that shit. :D

Thelen
10-12-2010, 11:05 PM
If you want a budget (well not really but lol), by all means use them, otherwise you'll want to go to a provider that knows what they are doing and can provide good support...

seeder22
10-14-2010, 03:59 AM
ive always been happy with rapidpeer, but support can take up to a day..i havent needed support much so maybe thats why i like them.. prices are great and i get amazing speeds.

lmn8r
10-14-2010, 04:58 AM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5251/rapidpeer1.jpg

I've had rapidpeers $16/mo package for a short time now. Server is a kimsufi france box, speeds are decent for the money. I've already pushed 4TB I think so far, although I don't know for sure since there are no totals. I didn't get "TurboFTP" since I don't need it, I can typically maintain 500kb/sec per thread uploading. I dunno about downloading. I'm skeptical about the amount of users they advertise share the machine, some days it will take HOURS to check a 350mb torrent, other days I can get 10gb checked in only a couple minutes. I have had absolutely zero contact with support, I basically just signed up, got my login and started using. I subscribed to them primarily for the instant activation-at the time I need an emergency influx of bandwidth.

They lock out a couple of rutorrent's cool features but have added their own stuff like a proxy, file manager built into rutorrent which is good for those new to seedboxes. So far they've been reliable, not a second of downtime. I'd definitely recommend them to newcomers to the seedbox industry. As for myself, I probably won't be renewing.

Thelen
10-14-2010, 05:55 PM
It makes no sense you can get 7MB/s upload on a 100Mbit server, so either they are using Gbit and therefore aren't truly unmetered, or you were lucky on the server you got on.

CevapsizSorular
10-14-2010, 07:32 PM
It makes no sense you can get 7MB/s upload on a 100Mbit server, so either they are using Gbit and therefore aren't truly unmetered, or you were lucky on the server you got on.

Exactly!

seeder22
10-14-2010, 08:34 PM
what are you talking about? i see 11 MB/sec on my rapidpeer 100mbit dedicated.

i think 12MB/sec = full 100% 100mbit.

so what is so weird about seeing 7MB/sec?

i like lmn8tr have been quite happy with rapidpeer and their speeds, if you are so unhappy with them have you tried emailing support and showing them this thread, or email the admin or something, when i had to wait for gigabit they were very fair and gave me a big credit on my 100mbit dedi for free, just bc i had to wait i think a day or 2. just my 2c

CevapsizSorular
10-14-2010, 08:39 PM
This is ur luck. Their support is like my ass. Nothing more. Hf with ur gosu box xD

lmn8r
10-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I've never done more then 9mb/sec. Usually the average is around 5mb/sec.