PDA

View Full Version : TT was just open signups... already there are more trades

gamesover
10-13-2010, 05:19 PM
What's with all the a**holes trading TT accounts in the trade section here? Some of them are even trying to get higher level accounts:frusty: for the TT account they probably just got during open signups . I knew this was going to happen if a tracker like TT opened their gates for even a few hours to let a flood of new traders get in. I wonder if it was really worth it for them, i mean how many new active members did they get vs. how many new inactive members, collectors, and account traders did they get.

They are not even giving it a little time for the dust to settle first before exploiting the situation. It's like if someone starting hitting on the widow right after a funeral. At least give it some time, otherwise it's very obvious how shameful it is. Trading open signup trackers is just wrong.

Disme
10-13-2010, 05:35 PM

ca_aok
10-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Don't dwell on the minds of the idiots, eventually it'll just tarnish your own.

Score another point for the idiocy that is WTAW.

anon
10-13-2010, 05:54 PM
What's with all the a**holes trading TT accounts in the trade section here? Some of them are even trying to get higher level accounts:frusty: for the TT account they probably just got during open signups .

When a "l33t tracker" opens signups or somehow becomes more accessible, you are going to have such people make as many accounts as they can, to own good trading fodder after its level rises back. It's just bound to happen.

I suppose TT's staff were well aware of this, and decided to open signups nonetheless.

cinephilia
10-13-2010, 06:59 PM
well, you probably would have done the same a couple of months ago. be indulgent.

Burnsy
10-13-2010, 07:05 PM
well, you probably would have done the same a couple of months ago. be indulgent.

I thought anon was a mod on a cheating forum... were you a trader too anon? Not that it makes any difference, just curious....

anon
10-13-2010, 07:09 PM
I don't trade.

Burnsy
10-13-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't trade.

I didn't think you did... must have gotten wrong end of cine's post

IdolEyes787
10-13-2010, 07:14 PM
But you have/had multiple accounts on the same tracker(s) at the same time .You said that yourself . I think that is also what is being implied here.

anon
10-13-2010, 07:21 PM
But you have/had multiple accounts on the same tracker(s) at the same time .You said that yourself .

I do have dupes on some trackers, but not on TT. As a matter of fact, I didn't even have the chance of joining until the open signups this thread mentions.

If I ever said I had multiple accounts on TT, a link to that post would be nice.

IdolEyes787
10-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I never said that you an account let alone a dupe on TT . I merely said that you posted that you had dupes on various unspecified sites .
Now not to put words in cinephilia's mouth but I think he was more addressing presumed hypocrisy and not really so much TT per se.

anon
10-13-2010, 07:41 PM
presumed hypocrisy

In that case, I didn't say you shouldn't make dupes to trade away afterwards. Just mentioned that's how it is. :idunno:

IdolEyes787
10-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Btw I'm not accusing you of anything if that is what you are thinking .I'm only reinterating what has already been said.

Really I'm inclined to just give up caring about bt entirely .

anon
10-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Btw I'm not accusing you of anything if that is what you are thinking .

Not the case at all. :)

IdolEyes787
10-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Still think I will give up caring though . I'm mean outside of self interest no one else seems to.

cinephilia
10-13-2010, 08:12 PM

I thought anon was a mod on a cheating forum... were you a trader too anon? Not that it makes any difference, just curious....
actually, i was talking about gamesover.

sorry anon, didn't mean to tarnish your already bad reputation :P

anon
10-13-2010, 08:17 PM

No harm done. :happy:

Stabber
10-13-2010, 10:51 PM
It's really sad to this great tracker traded by non trannce music fans . They show no respect at all to this great tracker . Although i'm a member there , i wish the level was level 1 so that they wouldn't trade it so much .

Om3n
10-13-2010, 11:48 PM
It was open signup and I missed it !?
:cry:

I'm so missing Elek... Well, hopefully I'll find a recruitment thread somewhere, but I don't think there ever was.

gamesover
10-14-2010, 04:17 AM
actually, i was talking about gamesover.

Thanks for that but actually it's quite different. Look through my old trade threads, the few of them there are, and you will see I wasn't even offering to trade any trackers. I was trying to get an old somethingawful account, and that forum doesn't even have any specific rules about trading. The sites I was offering to trade, like ie. luelinks and ffffound, aren't trackers either which means they also don't prescribe to the same trading rules. Hard to say I'm breaking any rules when they aren't even written up anywhere on those sites (plus on luelinks people even openly sell accounts all the time). So how is that the same as people getting accounts at an ex-high level tracker during open signups, missing the TT rules page that clearly states trading is against their rules, and trading the accounts they just got barely over a week ago?????

Or are you still pissed I haven't given you that ffffound invite yet?

Set, match, and point.

optimuscrime
10-14-2010, 04:40 AM
I ... ...have...

...multiple accounts on TT...
(http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/425207-TT-was-just-open-signups...-already-there-are-more-trades?p=3518675&viewfull=1#post3518675)

There you go

cinephilia
10-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks for that but actually it's quite different. Look through my old trade threads, the few of them there are, and you will see I wasn't even offering to trade any trackers. I was trying to get an old somethingawful account, and that forum doesn't even have any specific rules about trading. The sites I was offering to trade, like ie. luelinks and ffffound, aren't trackers either which means they also don't prescribe to the same trading rules. Hard to say I'm breaking any rules when they aren't even written up anywhere on those sites (plus on luelinks people even openly sell accounts all the time). So how is that the same as people getting accounts at an ex-high level tracker during open signups, missing the TT rules page that clearly states trading is against their rules, and trading the accounts they just got barely over a week ago?????

Set, match, and point.
well, you just seemed to be greedy enough to get into rare sites at any cost. my bad if i was wrong. if you think i was taking a shot at you, then you may be a bit too sensitive... i mean, i wish we could discuss about just everything without being accused of holding a grudge against anyone :unsure:

that said, last time i pmed you, i simply asked if your fffound invite was still available, considering my last pm was from... hmm... 7 months ago.

ok ok, maybe i'm just greedy as you are, after all :idunno:

anon
10-14-2010, 01:31 PM
There you go

Nice try. :snooty:

optimuscrime
10-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Nice try. :snooty:

Sorry, I watch too much Fox news. :(

gamesover
10-15-2010, 05:14 AM

Set, match, and point.
well, you just seemed to be greedy enough to get into rare sites at any cost. my bad if i was wrong. if you think i was taking a shot at you, then you may be a bit too sensitive... i mean, i wish we could discuss about just everything without being accused of holding a grudge against anyone :unsure:

that said, last time i pmed you, i simply asked if your fffound invite was still available, considering my last pm was from... hmm... 7 months ago.

ok ok, maybe i'm just greedy as you are, after all :idunno:

I'm not greedy really. I know a lot of the details about the sites I want to join. Nowadays I don't need to join trackers I wouldn't research first.

You can also call it curiosity too, I'm curious to know if there is anything better or just different than trackers out there.

jubilee
10-15-2010, 07:45 AM
why did they open signups anyways? were they celebrating something. i didn't hear no announcement or anything. i'm surprised how quickly people caught on. some people must regularly check their signups page. it's a pity that people who have other responsibilities don't get in because they aren't constantly keeping up to date.

abosamra
10-15-2010, 08:39 AM
too bad,i missed that
is there any chnace that tt will have open sign up again?

gamesover
10-15-2010, 11:46 AM
too bad,i missed that

If their staff see what is going on now, probably not likely anytime soon.

why did they open signups anyways? were they celebrating something. i didn't hear no announcement or anything. i'm surprised how quickly people caught on. some people must regularly check their signups page. it's a pity that people who have other responsibilities don't get in because they aren't constantly keeping up to date.

FST has good pretimes LOL when it comes to news like that. Check here semi-regularly and a thread will pop up if anything like this happens five minutes after.

gagamel
10-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I know one man who really wanted to join for several years.
But he lost the chance and was crazy.:dabs:

anon
10-15-2010, 01:10 PM

From what I've read, this is the first time they open signups, so I don't think they'll do it again anytime soon.

Funkin'
10-15-2010, 02:20 PM
^ I can't really blame them. I'm sure during this open signups they got a ton of people that aren't even electronic music fans that just registered because it's TT and they're open, and will more than likely not use the account. :rolleyes:.

jubilee
10-15-2010, 03:52 PM

FST has good pretimes LOL when it comes to news like that. Check here semi-regularly and a thread will pop up if anything like this happens five minutes after.

I do regularly lurk here but am just now making an account. also i found out the day it happened but after they closed. wasn't it only open for like an hour?

anon
10-15-2010, 05:23 PM
wasn't it only open for like an hour?

Heard it was a bit more than two hours.

sake
10-15-2010, 05:41 PM
wasn't it only open for like an hour?

So, how all these members entered? :)

anon
10-15-2010, 06:18 PM

They were fast. Very, very fast. :ninja:

Tokeman
10-15-2010, 06:24 PM
I got to the signup page, mearly out of curiosity, but I didn't sign up since I have no need for it, and don't know anyone into trance...
I couldn't believe they opened signups though.

sake
10-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Visiting this page while the sign-ups were open just by chance is really a veeeery huge luck! We all know how often do they open the sign-ups, right? :D

Tokeman
10-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Well I guess I should say that I heard through the grape vine that they were open for signups, and thats why I checked it out to see if it was true or not. Its not like I have a habbit of checking out tracker signup pages for trackers I dont need or anything.

sake
10-15-2010, 08:30 PM
haha :) yeah, exactly what i was talking about :)

gagamel
10-15-2010, 09:42 PM

I heard 800+ members. Thery are lucky.

sake
10-16-2010, 04:31 AM
They could be 800 but the real number of members may be 400 :D I hope this is not true :)

Just look at the trade section! OH MY dear TT :(

Presto
10-16-2010, 05:30 PM
I wonder how many of those 800 new members will wind up getting disabled within the first month.

sake
10-16-2010, 09:25 PM
I just can`t believe what is happening here in the trade section! WtF?!? Everything is TT ... I hope that the bad members will be disabled as soon as possible!

P2PDog
10-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I just can`t believe what is happening here in the trade section! WtF?!? Everything is TT ... I hope that the bad members will be disabled as soon as possible!

You must be new here?

Om3n
10-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Beagle? I'm surprised you didn't comment in the TPS thread, just to put the last nail in the coffin.

Stabber
10-17-2010, 12:00 AM
This is what happens when the staff decides to open signups

IdolEyes787
10-17-2010, 12:12 AM
No this is what happens when there are a lot of dishonest people .

P2PDog
10-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Beagle? I'm surprised you didn't comment in the TPS thread, just to put the last nail in the coffin.

There's really not much to say.

Chief_Garbonzo
10-17-2010, 07:25 AM
I know one man who really wanted to join for several years.
But he lost the chance and was crazy.:dabs:

You know someone who went crazy in real life because he wasn't able to join a tracker?!!? I'd like to hear about it, LOL. Tell me the story gagamel!

sake
10-17-2010, 07:57 AM

You must be new here?

I just don`t visit the trade section. Is this a problem?

anon
10-17-2010, 03:52 PM

I think he's referring more to the "create many accounts if a rare tracker becomes open/accessible to trade them later" phenomenon, which doesn't limit itself to just TT.

P2PDog
10-17-2010, 04:26 PM

I think he's referring more to the "create many accounts if a rare tracker becomes open/accessible to trade them later" phenomenon, which doesn't limit itself to just TT.

Yes, that those who trade and otherwise deal in invites would jump at the chance to register as many accounts as they could so they could profit as much as possible from the open signup should hardly come as a surprise to anyone who's been a member here, or any other torrent related forum, for any amount of time.

hagckz0r
10-18-2010, 04:40 PM

How do bad members affect you?

@dear sake how effectively do they affect you? be sure that if they'll be bad they won't use their accounts at most and everything would be just like before. again how do they affect then you or electronic music?

sake
10-18-2010, 07:30 PM

How do bad members affect you?

I don`t think for myself how all these "bad members" could affect me, but for my best and only one electronic music tracker! Other questions?