PDA

View Full Version : RevTT bans Azureus/Vuze

Polarbear
10-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Reason:

Bloated client way to easy to modify to cheat.

Thanks cheaters!

Stabber
10-14-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm suprised that it took them so long to do that .

anon
10-14-2010, 01:25 PM
They should ban uTorrent, also. It's proportionally even easier to modify to cheat.

whatcdfan
10-14-2010, 02:07 PM
They should ban uTorrent, also. It's proportionally even easier to modify to cheat.

yes i agree if someone has to modify a client to cheat they can modify any client but its also banned at the elite trackers like what and waffles and another elite tracker, disappointing for the vuze team who do all the hard work to bring such a great client for free and get such a response

Cabalo
10-14-2010, 02:16 PM

There are more utorrent cheaters for sure than Vuze ones.

Goodbye revTT, won't be using it again until the ban is lifted.

IdolEyes787
10-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Reason:

Bloated client way to easy to modify to cheat.Thanks cheaters!

I don't know I might be wrong but shouldn't you really be thanking RevTT staff instead?:unsure:

I mean they had a simple decision to make and they chose to take the easiest possible way out.
Again I don't really know and obviously it's wrong but how much effect does cheating actually have on the site?

If you are just penalizing a bunch of "good" members to simply discourage the "bad" ( I say discourage because as anon noted there are better means to cheat and being idiots they are more likely to migrate to them then to stop) then wherein does the true blame lie.

Of course some of this might make sense so I doubt anyone here agrees with it.

rounder
10-14-2010, 04:44 PM
vuze lover :p

on uTorrent are more cheaters for sure

Stabber
10-14-2010, 04:58 PM
utorrent is more easy to trace that is fake . vuze with the correct settings is untracable , as they say :)

Renzokuken-
10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned half the world, now banning loads of clients. What's next?

whatcdfan
10-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned half the world, now banning loads of clients. What's next?

truth be said. perhaps they shud ban themselves from existence now.

Polarbear
10-14-2010, 06:22 PM
...its also banned at the elite trackers like .. waffles

Wrong.

anon
10-14-2010, 06:36 PM
vuze lover :p

Well, Vuze itself is a very good, powerful and highly tweakable client. Yes, it's Java, and it uses more resources than uTorrent, but if that wasn't a problem in my 5-year old PC, I strongly doubt it is in current ones.

utorrent is more easy to trace that is fake .

Depends on the mod you use.

And Polarbear is right, Waffles unbanned Vuze quite recently.

deadalive1
10-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Shouldn't people be more pissed at the asses who use cheat modded clients? People always blame the tracker staff but don't say squat at the reasons for why they make certain decisions. For the legit Vuze users, you should be pissed off at the ones who cheat using the client you like so much for causing this action taken by RevTT staff. Of course this is just one persons opinion.

Night0wl
10-14-2010, 11:38 PM
OH NOOOOOOOOOOO!!.. Oh wait.. Never been a member at that crap Vuze banning tracker. Waffles FTW :D:D:D:D

whatcdfan
10-15-2010, 03:48 AM
...its also banned at the elite trackers like .. waffles

Wrong.

thanx for the info

Polarbear
10-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Goodbye revTT, won't be using it again until the ban is lifted.

Neither will I. Especially when I see that RevTT mods censor and close threads where people simply asked for an explanation. TL offers the same and more and I don't have to use another client there. Much more comfortable for me. The mods don't even know why Vuze was banned. I can just guess that they're not able to detect the differences between unmodified and modified versions. If you can't tell who's good or bad - kill em all. The fact that cheaters can easily spoof any client is ignored. If a tracker benefited from an Azureus ban, Waffles would never have lifted it.

Vuze users are a minority and as such they're seen as collateral damage.

Stabber
10-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Why do you prefer vuze over at utorrent ?

Cabalo
10-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Why do you prefer vuze over at utorrent ?

There's already a long thread detailing why. In a couple of lines, Vuze is the choice for advanced users. It has more features, plugins and available configurations than any other client out there, and a fierce and loyal userbase.
Once you start using it, you won't go back to other inferior clients, like utorrent is.
It is also the best available cross platform client, available for Win, Linux and Mac, all versions with the exact same features, thanks to the java platform.

And for the people complaining it takes a toll on the system, give me a break. If you say so, that's because you haven't used Vuze for a long time.

As for the topic, it is widely known that Vuze modded clients are nearly untraceable if correctly used. Anon-sbi is the go to man on that discussion. But statistically, with so much more users using utorrent, it's fair to assume there are way more cheaters using utorrent modded client than Vuze ones.

Condor
10-15-2010, 12:21 PM
if u want advanced features use tixati client , it is more advanced client than vuze and utorrent...if trackers banned this powerful and popular client that means their heads in trouble with cheaters or they have very bad scipts for cheat..
but why they dont banned utorrent ? a lot of utorrent user it is more difficult than control vuze clients on tracker... :)

anon
10-15-2010, 01:41 PM
if u want advanced features use tixati client

Is that even allowed on trackers to begin with? :unsure:

but why they dont banned utorrent ? a lot of utorrent user it is more difficult than control vuze clients on tracker... :)

Yeah, good question. Oh, wait.

Polarbear
10-17-2010, 06:30 PM
RevTT staff reconsidered and allowed the newest Azureus. Good call. :)

bijoy
10-17-2010, 08:00 PM
if any tracker ban utorrent & vize, then I wonder how many people will use that tracker except for the seedbox users!

RevTT staff reconsidered and allowed the newest Azureus. Good call. :)

Sounds like a mature decision.

cepal
10-20-2010, 12:05 AM
shit, that why i cant leech/seed on my server

anon
10-20-2010, 11:52 AM
shit, that why i cant leech/seed on my server

Just update to the latest version, then. :rolleyes: