PDA

View Full Version : COD BO: New mp videos

towerblocks
10-17-2010, 10:09 AM
dead links

gooner
10-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Looking good so far except the no-scope crapness which treyarch said shouldnt be possible this time...

WHiKWiRE
10-22-2010, 04:46 AM
I like what I see. Thumbs up TB for the vids :D

towerblocks
10-25-2010, 04:35 PM
I've added some new videos to the first post, Getting my copy for ps3 at sainsburys, There doing it cheap like they did with mw2 last year £25, So i'll be outside there at 5am before the crowd get there, Opening at 7am, It was crazy last year for mw2, The doors opened and everyone rushed the joint lol.

WHiKWiRE
10-26-2010, 12:13 AM
New vids look awesome but unfortunately when I preorder the hardened edition for ps3 at best buy my only option is to have it shipped. So I'll have to wait a few days. I would go elsewhere but I got a 20 dollar gift certificate. :(

WHiKWiRE
10-28-2010, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahfMb4JIwsg

WHiKWiRE
10-31-2010, 02:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28lJsl0eoo4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyqcYV7hPdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Yxv07YOiI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6xL-hK8pcE

towerblocks
11-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Nice to see some seananners playing in the first video, The guy is pretty beast, Watched alot of his videos of him playing cod waw and mw2 since he started his youtoob channel.
Only 6 more days to go and i can finally put that lagging piece of shit mw2 on the shelf never to be played again, I'm just hoping i'm not going to be crippled in BO like i am in mw2 with the anti lag system.

All the complaining on the BO forum about quickscopers is funny, Seem's vahn part of the developer team has stated that they are nerfing it and making it harder to quickscope, Doesn't bother me has i don't really quickscope, In all 32 days played on mw2 i very rearly got killed by quickscopers, I got killed a thousand times more by ump sluts and marathon and lightweight pricks, If one thing needs nerfing in BO it should be being able to use lightweight and marathon at the same time.

Skiz
11-03-2010, 09:49 PM
I wonder if this little car that looks like a bomb (http://cdn2.callofduty.com/assets/codbo/images/buy-prestige-cta.png) is going to cause any issues when they all get shipped out? :pinch:

WHiKWiRE
11-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Nice to see some seananners playing in the first video, The guy is pretty beast, Watched alot of his videos of him playing cod waw and mw2 since he started his youtoob channel.
Only 6 more days to go and i can finally put that lagging piece of shit mw2 on the shelf never to be played again, I'm just hoping i'm not going to be crippled in BO like i am in mw2 with the anti lag system.

All the complaining on the BO forum about quickscopers is funny, Seem's vahn part of the developer team has stated that they are nerfing it and making it harder to quickscope, Doesn't bother me has i don't really quickscope, In all 32 days played on mw2 i very rearly got killed by quickscopers, I got killed a thousand times more by ump sluts and marathon and lightweight pricks, If one thing needs nerfing in BO it should be being able to use lightweight and marathon at the same time.

Yeah quickscopers have never been a problem for me either but I will admit that I would rather it not there. Quickscoping relies on the aim assist rather than the player which IMO has to go.

Apparently and don't quote me on this but from what Josh Olin (community relations) has said the Marathon perk won't be unlimited sprint just increased like MW1 which is a real blessing.

I will admit too that I love the UMP45 with holo sight and silencer. It truly is the Cadillac of SMG's in MW2 but then again the weapon selection I always found was a little lacking.

And I love the restructuring of the perks as Stopping Power and Juggernaut have always been these series weaknesses.

EDIT: I guess I put my foot in my mouth, Marathon Pro is Unlimited Sprint http://www.cod7blackops.com/perks/

towerblocks
11-05-2010, 07:06 PM
The servers are up, So i'm going to make a new gamertag on xbox to get a free 1 month gold live account, I just can't wait any longer, Don't care about being banned from live, Haven't got a gold sub anyways, Will be jumping on in half an hour.

Skiz
11-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Just put in my preorder for the PC version. :D

Cabalo
11-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm not yet convinced, as a CoD fan. Bad Company 2 raised the bar on this level of gameplay, let's see if they can keep up.
Didn't buy MW2, and don't plan to buy this one made by Treyarch, as all treyarch versions sucked hard.

WHiKWiRE
11-05-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm not yet convinced, as a CoD fan. Bad Company 2 raised the bar on this level of gameplay, let's see if they can keep up.
Didn't buy MW2, and don't plan to buy this one made by Treyarch, as all treyarch versions sucked hard.

Why is everyone always hating on Treyarch? Don't get me wrong Modern Warfare 1 was a stellar game a real classic in my mind which Infinity Ward should be proud of but Modern Warfare 2 was putrid filth. World At War had better maps, zombies and there was more balance with the weapons. In terms of kill streaks Modern Warfare 2 went above and beyond and essentially blew it and ruined the novelty behind the whole idea.

towerblocks
11-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Been playing mp for a few hours now, And to be honest i'm not all that impressed, It takes nearly a whole clip to take some one down, I've shoot people 3 or 4 times and just got hitmarkers, I don't know if its lag or what, The local search filter doesnt work, I still end up in games with americans instead of uk, I'm going to play it for a few days and see how it goes, But if i feel the same then i won't be buying it, The weapons don't feel has good in mp has they do in the sp campaign.

WHiKWiRE
11-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Oh that worries me, but just to play devil's advocate couldn't it be cause the game still isn't released yet? And to be fair you said the servers just came online today so hopefully it's the same COD quirk that happens with every game.

towerblocks
11-06-2010, 02:31 PM
I doubt it, After playing again today i'm most def not buying it, I shoot this one guy 5 times, He drops into last stand and i shoot him again, Thats 6 bullets to kill him, The recoil of some of the weapons is just rediculous, Some of the maps are far to big for my liking, I'm not putting myself through the shit of the anti lag system like i have with mw2, Activision.. IW.. Treyarch keep shitting on its loyal customers with this p2p connection shit, Pc get dedi servers, We the console gamers get the p2p shit.

WHiKWiRE
11-06-2010, 02:44 PM
That all worries me worst case scenario I sell my copy back to gamestop/ebgames :lol:

Skiz
11-06-2010, 06:15 PM

Why is everyone always hating on Treyarch? Don't get me wrong Modern Warfare 1 was a stellar game a real classic in my mind which Infinity Ward should be proud of but Modern Warfare 2 was putrid filth. World At War had better maps, zombies and there was more balance with the weapons. In terms of kill streaks Modern Warfare 2 went above and beyond and essentially blew it and ruined the novelty behind the whole idea.

That's opinion. I haven't liked the Treyarch versions either.

CoD and Cod:UO rocked.
CoD2 - Awful.
CoD3 - Wasn't on PC so I never played it.
Cod4 MW rocked
CoD MW2 - The SP rocked but I never bought it because I knew the MP sucked with no dedi servers.

Hopefully this new one will be good. :unsure:

Cabalo
11-06-2010, 07:08 PM
I share the same view as you do, except Cod2 wasn't that bad and I had a lot of fun on its MP.
The problem here comes when EA got in the game and rose the stakes with Bad Company 2, which is easily the best FPS multiplayer game on the market as we type.
They made an attempt to get MoH in direct competition with CoD, though it is not working as they expected. CoD BO should top MoH, but not without some patches first. I will have to wait and see, no pre-ordering for me as I did with BC2.

WHiKWiRE
11-07-2010, 05:22 AM
The single player is pretty sweet though I've yet to try the multiplayer due to no one being on psn yet. :lol:

towerblocks
11-07-2010, 09:47 PM
the single player is one of the best, No doubt about it, But for me the multiplayer is the worst i've played, I'm already bored, And thats hard to believe coming from me a hardcore cod mp guy, I don't like most of the maps, Far to big, The guns are crap, Sniper rifles are a joke after that patch for quickscoping, Killstreaks are crap and not really worth getting, It doesn't have that call of duty feel to it anymore, The recoil on weapons is just rediculous, The anti lag system is in full force again, Most def not getting my spondollars on launch day.

WHiKWiRE
11-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Do the weapons in multiplayer function differently than in the single player? I have to admit I'm loving the feel of the weapons so all I can say is hopefully when I try the multiplayer I completely disagree with you. :lol:

On another note have you tried Zombies?

towerblocks
11-07-2010, 11:04 PM
No they don't function different, They just dont feel has good and punchy, I'm also finding it harder to aim, The shotguns are really bad, Hitmarker city, No i haven't played zombies with other people online yet, I'm going to now, I hardly played it in waw.

WHiKWiRE
11-08-2010, 03:00 AM
In regards to the aiming have you tried changing your sensitivity?

towerblocks
11-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah i've always had it on 3, Sometimes 4, I've solved the problem, The aim assist was disabled, The game feels alot better now, Precision aiming, Soon has i switched it on i was dishing out the ownage lol, If you switch it off its like killzone 2 controls, Thats why i was getting slaughtered alot, Also the recoil is far better with it enabled, Better control, So thats not a problem anymore either, Its strange because in sp and zombies having it disabled doesn't effect the controls.

So i'll be picking up my ps3 copy in 11 hours from now from asda at midnight.

WHiKWiRE
11-09-2010, 01:02 AM
The multiplayer is so bad ass. I've only really used the mp5 so far but I really love the way it all feels and the maps are just incredible. :D

Also, I won my first wager match (Gun Game is sweet). Zombies is alright but it's sucks to play with people who don't have microphones as per usual. I can't wait for the my Hardened Edition in the mail but for now my rental will get me through. :lol:

And I just finished the Single Player in about 10 hours on veteran so now all I have to do is trophy hunting. :/

KRink
11-09-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm waiting for this to unlock on steam, can hardly wait to try the new zombie mode - the zombie mode in WaW was so cool.

towerblocks
11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Have you tried the snipers yet?, There just awful to use.

WHiKWiRE
11-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah I'm not a big fan either. Mind you I've only used them in Gun Game or Sharpshooter but I can say at least for now that I will defiantly have to practice with them in combat training before I dive into a public match. Though to be fair I always sucked with snipers though except in World At War for some reason.

Cabalo
11-10-2010, 03:05 AM
Best ad ever :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouf9RyA33A

Shinzen
11-10-2010, 04:20 AM

Definitely :D

WHiKWiRE
11-10-2010, 05:07 AM

Definitely :D

ditto :lol:

towerblocks
11-10-2010, 09:09 PM
The lag is rediculous tonight and last night, The cod bo forums are down, Wonder how long this crap will go on for.

WHiKWiRE
11-10-2010, 11:30 PM
An opening week quirk I presume. It would seem the day before it was released was my best playing experience lag wise. Figures that they can't handle the load once again. Hopefully it's fixed in due time. :lol:

WHiKWiRE
11-12-2010, 02:00 AM
There fixing the lag: http://twitter.com/JD_2020/status/2474497965826048

What a novel idea a developer supporting there game without an overpriced map pack (I'm pointing the finger at you infinity ward) :P

towerblocks
11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
IN PROGRESS

* - Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
* - Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
* - Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
* - Additional improvements to party system

Regards,
-JD

Last night i was playing on 360 and it was no where near has bad lag wise has on the ps3.

WHiKWiRE
11-14-2010, 03:47 AM
This lag is really starting to piss me off. I hope Treyarch gets off there asses sooner rather than later. :/

LubTheStaringCat
11-14-2010, 12:07 PM
I've just played the first couple of missions on COD BO, and people pay good money for this type of shit.

towerblocks
11-15-2010, 02:33 PM
This lag is really starting to piss me off. I hope Treyarch gets off there asses sooner rather than later. :/

Is it where you get killed by someone who's ahead of you by 1 or 2 seconds?, I had to put with that on mw2 every single game from when they released the first patch to change the matchmaking system from 100ms to 50ms up untill my very last game, A whole year i played with that shit, I'm not playing bo on ps3 until they fix it, On the 360 version i'm getting very little lag, But lag is my number one concern, Because its the only thing that makes it unplayable.

Don't know if they will ever fix the lag, They can't even keep there forums online.

WHiKWiRE
11-16-2010, 11:35 PM
I have had that happen a lot and I've had so many disconnects it's ridiculous.

And I don't know if it's just me but the bullet damage is just too unreasonable. I'm not sure if its lag but it always feels like I get killed with 1-3 shots and it takes me half a clip. The only way I get any kills is if the other players on the map are running around like rampant dogs. The odd thing is the day before launch on PS3 was perfect. This tells me it's probably lag because the servers weren't flooded.

Also the maps are ridiculously big and some are just downright awful (JUNGLE). Truth be told I preferred World At War in the fact that it felt more open concept. Battlefield BC2 curbed the size of the map with vehicles which I admit I'm not a fan of but they did get it right.

I can't believe I'm saying this but for now I'm gonna throw Bad Company 2 in the ps3 and enjoy some decent game play. At the moment the only redeeming qualities of Black Ops are the awesome wager (sadly no xp gained) matches and Zombies.

towerblocks
11-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Patch 1.03 is out.

# 11/17 (full title update)
# · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
# · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
# · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
# · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
# · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
# · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
# · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
# · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
# · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
# · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
# · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
# · Additional online security enhancements

Lets see if it makes any difference.

WHiKWiRE
11-19-2010, 04:13 PM
I played a zombie game last night lag free it was pretty awesome. Though after I tried some FFA games and it was a little wonky not sure if it's a PASS or a FAIL.

torrentman123
11-19-2010, 10:03 PM
well i still say this game is great and way better the mow2 i think

greatseeder
11-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Playing it on the xbox 360 and have to say it's pretty sweet. Too bad SP can be completed in < 6 hours.