PDA

View Full Version : Utorrent Auto Pause Torrent After Completion?

central101
10-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Hello,

After a torrent is downloaded I have a program run on it to extract the torrent file. The issue i've been having is that the file takes several minutes to extract because of so many people accessing the file via other bit-torrent clients. This is causing allot of problems for me.

I'm wondering if there's a way to have a torrent auto pause for 1 minute after it has finished downloading. After that one minute it will start to seed. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

anon
10-18-2010, 09:37 PM
You can make uTorrent automatically stop the torrent forever after it's done, but as far as I know there's no way to pause it for a specific amount of time.

You could fine-tune your uT disk cache settings so that extraction isn't that slow when you upload, though...

central101
10-19-2010, 12:28 AM
I've made some changes to the cache settings. Well see how the performance is now. Thanks!

Mokhtar
10-19-2010, 01:11 AM
i make stop after each torrent. i used seedbox to buffer, and now only download. very good deal, trackers dont pay attention. i Hit n run on tl for more than 1 year on every torrent, and no problems. same with revtt and scc.

snagit
10-19-2010, 03:22 AM
i make stop after each torrent. i used seedbox to buffer, and now only download. very good deal, trackers dont pay attention. i Hit n run on tl for more than 1 year on every torrent, and no problems. same with revtt and scc.

Nice, no wonder they ban Egypt in nearly all trackers. :lol:

central101
10-19-2010, 05:17 AM
I've done what anon-sbi has said and everything works perfectly now. Before files were being cached into the memory which was making it extract slowly. Now it goes its done in a few seconds regardless of the upload speed or amount of connections to the torrents... Thanks :D

Disme
10-19-2010, 08:57 AM
i make stop after each torrent. I used seedbox to buffer, and now only download. Very good deal, trackers dont pay attention. I hit n run on tl for more than 1 year on every torrent, and no problems. Same with revtt and scc.

nice, no wonder they ban egypt in nearly all trackers. :lol:

qft!

anon
10-19-2010, 04:18 PM
i make stop after each torrent. ... i Hit n run on tl for more than 1 year on every torrent, and no problems. same with revtt and scc.

That's pretty selfish of you. :dry:

I've done what anon-sbi has said and everything works perfectly now. Before files were being cached into the memory which was making it extract slowly. Now it goes its done in a few seconds regardless of the upload speed or amount of connections to the torrents... Thanks :D

You're welcome! Glad you managed to sort it out. :)