PDA

View Full Version : Filesharing Through Normal Mail?

internet.news
11-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Hello,

ok what I want to ask: does anyone in here already sent a
program or music to a good friend or other Kazaa User by normal
mail, means if a prog. so huge that downloading is more expensive...

...sometimes my cousin in gdansk - a nice city near the sea -
sent me some music cds or films.

I also recently in august this year sent out WinXP to a KaZaA User
in Bordeaux - I have had a nice talk on #klchat (now: #kchat) and after
he received it, he phoned me and - he did not sound like a french when speaking
english :) was really nice ... his pc break down and he need to install it from new...

I now many are arfraid of being caught when sending by normal mail, that what
I think but I share my files & thoughts openly :) Nevertheless I always am concerned a little bit - you never knew if the use is RIAA or not... no, but I always try to share openly :)

~nice dreams...

boxofslavery
11-06-2003, 01:18 AM
A few friends and I will send entire anime series on c.d. to eachother via snail-mail. it's only a couple bucks postage for each series, and it's a very nice thing to do for someone. It's already doubled my collection!!!

internet.news
11-06-2003, 02:07 AM
snail-mail :) ?

yeah it olny costs to poland 4 euro and to france less :)
hehe, that was nice ice nice...

one time long ago I remembered a postbox which still is close to me
all letters I threw in I've never got a response, it seems that this postbox
eat all the letters... or a guy is sitting in the postbox . hehe...

james_bond_rulez
11-06-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by internet.news@5 November 2003 - 22:18
Hello,

ok what I want to ask: does anyone in here already sent a
program or music to a good friend or other Kazaa User by normal
mail, means if a prog. so huge that downloading is more expensive...

...sometimes my cousin in gdansk - a nice city near the sea -
sent me some music cds or films.

I also recently in august this year sent out WinXP to a KaZaA User
in Bordeaux - I have had a nice talk on #klchat (now: #kchat) and after
he received it, he phoned me and - he did not sound like a french when speaking
english :) was really nice ... his pc break down and he need to install it from new...

I now many are arfraid of being caught when sending by normal mail, that what
I think but I share my files & thoughts openly :) Nevertheless I always am concerned a little bit - you never knew if the use is RIAA or not... no, but I always try to share openly :)

~nice dreams...
god you guys are so outdated

use emails dudes

uuencode the files and send them out in thousands of emails, you might get kicked in the balls by ur isp for spam but this is canada... ^_^

Barbarossa
11-06-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by internet.news@6 November 2003 - 02:07
snail-mail :) ?

snail-mail = letters and parcels, because they are so slow ;)

Wizzandabe
11-06-2003, 02:28 PM
internet.news you actually did that :lol: :lol:

LOL, thats so funny, I was thinking about that once.

nanotek
11-06-2003, 03:33 PM
yeh i send cds all the time to a couple of friends at slsk as they only got 56k connections and dl 3 hour sets takes ages and costs lotsa money for them

vivitron 15
11-06-2003, 03:57 PM
hmm maybe this is the way forward...i send someone a dvd rw full of stuff, they copy to HDD, blank the disc, fill it and send it back...i like it.

it&#39;d cost <£2 per send (postage and an envelope) so £2 for 4.7GB approx

its also one of the most secure ways of p2ping. you and the friend set up a "connection" here, swap addresses with a *good* mate, someone you really trust. i send to them without any mention of contents written on the disk, and certainly i dont include any name/address/details of me. that way, if its intercepted, then there is no way to get back to me, and the person recieving has no idea what is sent to them through the post...how should they know what is on the disk being sent to them?&#33;? (esp if there is no name on, just an address)

hmmmm, i like it :)

Evil Gemini
11-07-2003, 01:57 AM
i send someone a dvd rw full of stuff, they copy to HDD, blank the disc, fill it and send it back

B)

UKMan
11-07-2003, 02:33 AM
Unfortunately, my ISP has a limit on how large the attached files may be when sending email.

Peace
UKMan

hooch iam
11-07-2003, 02:49 AM
;) IN.are you looking for some one to send you a file?ive done it miney of times.What are you looking for.

boxofslavery
11-07-2003, 05:42 AM
Ya, e-mailing an entire series is pretty impractical for me too. It&#39;d take less time for me to burn the c.d.s and drive to the post office and mail them than it would to attatch 4 gigs onto an e-mail. And I&#39;ve got T1 speeds right now. And then for the other person to download that much....woo&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Not many e-mails or ISPs will allow that anyway.

Cotton
11-07-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by vivitron 15@6 November 2003 - 15:57
if its intercepted
No one can &#39;intercept&#39; mail its highly illegal.

hooch iam
11-07-2003, 06:14 PM
rolleyes: You are correct cotton.mail can only be delivered to the address on the package.it would take a court order to do otherwise.and far as they know you could be sending famley photo,and no court would issue an order without probley cause.

james_bond_rulez
11-07-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Cotton+7 November 2003 - 10:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cotton &#064; 7 November 2003 - 10:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vivitron 15@6 November 2003 - 15:57
if its intercepted
No one can &#39;intercept&#39; mail its highly illegal. [/b][/quote]
how naive can u get?

the CIA, the FBI and unethical isp do this every day

they can tap ur phone line without ur permission, monitor ur internet connection, not to mention ur email

u say words like ahlla, bomb, bin laden, world trade centor, iraq, hussein ur phone conversation is instantly recorded

illegal? maybe

no one does it? shit my ass <_<

if you really really like ur privacy, learn the dude in "enemy of the state", STAY AWAY FROM TELEPHONES

Daecilius
11-08-2003, 05:22 AM
I remember a long time ago, you could request files to a bot in a chatroom and the bot would email the file to you. The system worked well. P2P file sharing utilitys are much better though. I&#39;m not sure if people still do this though. :D

InverseKinetix
11-09-2003, 01:44 AM
I usually FTP to friends, but sometimes send dvd&#39;s in the mail. Just dont put a return address.

UKMan
11-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by InverseKinetix@9 November 2003 - 02:44
I usually FTP to friends, but sometimes send dvd&#39;s in the mail. Just dont put a return address.
I hope you put the right postage in it :unsure:

Peace
UKMan