PDA

View Full Version : any client can quickly change download to" different location easily?

scrambler
10-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi,

I currently use alt.binz and i'm wondering whether there is a different client out there that will allow me to quickly change my download to location. e.g. if i download movie and music, i want to easily select the correct hard drive/folders for them to go to.

At the moment, alt.binz don't allow me to quickly change a loaction when adding a nzb. I find that i have to select the location in settings, then close and re-open for it to work. I want something similar to utorrent where i can select each time i add a torrent.

idas appreciated :)

Duron
10-22-2010, 09:03 PM
sabnzbd and categories feature

zot
10-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Altbinz handles this differently depending on the method you use to load an NZB in the client:

1. downloading an NZB from a webpage and telling your browser window to open it by launching Altbinz OR doubling clicking an an NZB and letting Altbinz open it.
2. downloading an NZB from a webpage and saving to disk, then "importing" the NZB into Altbinz.
3. using Altbinz's built-in search engines - *doing this will ask you every time where you want to make your download directory*.

You don't need to touch altbinz's 'settings' to temporarily set a download folder. You can just rightclick on a file in the download queue and change the destination folder. (This will not move rars that have already downloaded, only subsequent rars if you make this change in mid-download)

I have no clue why the developer decided to use a popup window (asking the person where to place the download) every time you use the built-in search engines, but not giving you that same option when importing an NZB.

Hypatia
10-23-2010, 03:17 PM
All main REAL newsreaders can do that
newsbin pro
usenet explorer

Cabalo
10-23-2010, 03:30 PM
sabnzbd and categories feature

+1

rippinitup4fun
10-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Sabnzbd+ and use the categories.