PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Old Timer Can Anyone Help?

aced
10-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Hello FSTers, I am currently returning to the BT world after a long hiatus and was wondering if anyone would be willing to send me an invite for a decent tracker? I would like my SCC one back, however that cannot be done, and I doubt anyone will just give one to a random guy without decent proof. So anyways anything anyone could spare would be great, I need to make a return and get some ratio proof before I climb the long ladder to the top again, thank you:D

IdolEyes787
10-25-2010, 11:55 PM
You kind of lost me at the whole "climbing the long ladder to the top again" bit.:unsure:

I had like a bunch of invites to SCC too.:mellow:

Slickerey
10-26-2010, 12:25 AM
For all we know, anyone on this site could be an old timer.

Then again, looking at your post count makes me doubt certain conclusions I've jumped to...

gamesover
10-26-2010, 01:18 AM
You kind of lost me at the whole "climbing the long ladder to the top again" bit.:unsure:

He could have been joking about the whole 'climb to the top' thing, saying it tongue in cheek.

That said I wouldn't take a chance inviting him to SCC if he had a previous account, they might have one account per lifetime rule.

If the reason his old account was disabled was legitimate, like being pruned for inactivity, he should just speak to their staff in irc.

aced
10-26-2010, 03:14 PM

He could have been joking about the whole 'climb to the top' thing, saying it tongue in cheek.

That said I wouldn't take a chance inviting him to SCC if he had a previous account, they might have one account per lifetime rule.

If the reason his old account was disabled was legitimate, like being pruned for inactivity, he should just speak to their staff in irc.

I did lose my account due to inactivity and I presumed they wouldn't reinstate it so I never tried their staff.

Nobody willing to give me an invite to low level tracker??? I sure would appreciate anything at the moment!

KFlint
10-26-2010, 03:25 PM
to low level tracker??? I sure would appreciate anything at the moment!

Not getting any better... using traders dialect isn't you best bet here...

You make it sound like easy to join trackers are shit tbh...

Quarterquack
10-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Why were you on hiatus?

aced
10-26-2010, 03:32 PM
to low level tracker??? I sure would appreciate anything at the moment!

Not getting any better... using traders dialect isn't you best bet here...

Trader's Dialect? I am confused on how I offended you, I am asking for a tracker that is the least risky for people to give out ( one that isnt their fav = probably low level) I just need to get in to ANY TRACKER is fine with me is only the point I was making just trying to be thankful for anything anyone would be able to give

Why were you on hiatus?

Due to some RL complications I was without a computer for about a year and a half, and I was stupid and forgot to park my account for later use :(

Cabalo
10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Nobody willing to give me an invite to low level tracker??? I sure would appreciate anything at the moment!

Now we're talking.
Why is it low level? Last time I checked it was rated as a 9 on contents. :mellow:

IdolEyes787
10-26-2010, 04:41 PM
I am asking for a tracker that is the least risky for people to give out ( one that isnt their fav = probably low level) I just need to get in to ANY TRACKER is fine with me is only the point I was making just trying to be thankful for anything anyone would be able to give

All my current "favorites" are low level :unsure:
I'd actually rather give you an invite to SCC or FTN ( if I had one ) and get booted from those if you happen to be phony than lose my account on IPT or TL .:unsure: No matter what anyone claims there is nothing that you can get on SCC or FTN or "whatever" that you can't get on TL or IPT .
Besides on those "lowly" sites I don't have to put up with people with distorted values and overly developed senses of entitlement.
OK the uploaders are assholes but hard to get away from that.

Waddafocky
10-26-2010, 04:48 PM

Now we're talking.
Why is it low level? Last time I checked it had 9 on contents. :mellow:

I don't think he's asking specifically for SCC or calling it low-level. He just needs any tracker, although I don't see why you, aced, can't register at any one of the great trackers that are currently open right now.

Invite-only does not mean that the tracker is good or respected. Unless you have a specific type of quality content that you are aiming for, you are better off at a good general tracker *WHICH DOES NOT MEAN IT'S INVITE ONLY*. If you are trying to make a so-called low-level only a temporary stop, I don't see the incentive in giving you an invite anywhere.

I do sympathize with you, though, because I'm in a similar position. I was on dial-up for the last three years, and lost my accs to SCC and RevTT. But it's more "oh well," because until someone finds the heart to invite me and UNTIL I FEEL CONFIDENT THAT I'LL BE A GOOD MEMBER, I've found good communities and content on both BCG and libble (both of which I got in on open sign-ups).

tl;dr - Get on a tracker which has open sign-ups if you're just trying to "climb the ladder."

IdolEyes787
10-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Now we're talking.

I don't think he's asking specifically for SCC or calling it low-level. He just needs any tracker, although I don't see why you, aced, can't register at any one of the great trackers that are currently open right now.

Invite-only does not mean that the tracker is good or respected. Unless you have a specific type of quality content that you are aiming for, you are better off at a good general tracker *WHICH DOES NOT MEAN IT'S INVITE ONLY*. If you are trying to make a so-called low-level only a temporary stop, I don't see the incentive in giving you an invite anywhere.

I do sympathize with you, though, because I'm in a similar position. I was on dial-up for the last three years, and lost my accs to SCC and RevTT. But it's more "oh well," because until someone finds the heart to invite me and UNTIL I FEEL CONFIDENT THAT I'LL BE A GOOD MEMBER, I've found good communities and content on both BCG and libble (both of which I got in on open sign-ups).

tl;dr - Get on a tracker which has open sign-ups if you're just trying to "climb the ladder."

I'd be quite happy to give an invite to anyone who I have confidence in they won't screw me over and I feel it won't be a totally wasted gesture .
I've helped more than one person that downloaded maybe one file and then just moved onto the next thing.

Waddafocky
10-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Maybe you're just nicer than most, Idol, but I've been reading around FST some more and it seems people are generally not as throat-ripping here as on other torrent invite sites. Many actually seem nice.

Maybe I was being harsh and loyalist ass-kissing. I have done my fair share of d/l once and move on, but now that I've found communities it's fun to be in, I think of it more in terms of establishing myself in one community while still discovering more, rather than "done here move on." So I should have been speaking only for myself.

Anyways, aced, good luck with your climb.

anon
10-26-2010, 05:48 PM
I did lose my account due to inactivity and I presumed they wouldn't reinstate it so I never tried their staff.

I think SCC disables accounts instead of deleting them, so better try IRC first. It's much better than simply getting another invite, and you won't lose your previous ratio.

I do sympathize with you, though, because I'm in a similar position. I was on dial-up for the last three years, and lost my accs to SCC and RevTT.

Wouldn't have taken too much to log in once a month, even on a 56K connection. :unsure:

Waddafocky
10-26-2010, 05:55 PM
It's been about 3 years, and I've tried IRC. It's been deleted.

Also, if I was good person, I should have asked for my acc to be deleted so someone could fill it. Seriously, I wasn't going to be doing any torrenting for the next three years, so I was just dead space to the tracker. It wasn't that I was lazy, but it would've been the wrong thing to do. Maybe if I was going on a vacation, it would've been different.

Now that I can d/l u/l and seed, I don't feel as bad doing things like going to IRC and wondering whether my account still exists. Which it doesn't.

But I'm hijacking aced's thread - I might ask for invites to SCC/RevTT/TL/whatever I had again, but in my own thread or the proper place.

Quarterquack
10-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I've been reading around FST some more and it seems people are generally not as throat-ripping here as on other torrent invite sites. Many actually seem nice.

You've been to high school, right? FST is like that, without all the pretty girls. Welcome in, at any rate. :)
And, hey, if either of you can prove that SCC staff have no problem with you guys rejoining the site (a person I told this to in the past gave me a screenshot of an IRC conversation in the help channel, that was nice); your invite is with me. It sucks that you two missed the massive invite wave over the last couple of weeks.

Waddafocky
10-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Aww, I should have capped my conversation too.

The staff member I talked to basically said that I should feel free to seek out an invite from a friend or check out the what.cd or waffles power user forums for invites. He was really nice, too, although I don't see how that's relevant.

If you'd like me to go back to the IRC and confirm, I can do that. Thanks a lot for the offer.

And you just made me realize why FST was kinda familiar...

aced
10-26-2010, 08:01 PM
I am asking for a tracker that is the least risky for people to give out ( one that isnt their fav = probably low level) I just need to get in to ANY TRACKER is fine with me is only the point I was making just trying to be thankful for anything anyone would be able to give

All my current "favorites" are low level :unsure:
I'd actually rather give you an invite to SCC or FTN ( if I had one ) and get booted from those if you happen to be phony than lose my account on IPT or TL .:unsure: No matter what anyone claims there is nothing that you can get on SCC or FTN or "whatever" that you can't get on TL or IPT .
Besides on those "lowly" sites I don't have to put up with people with distorted values and overly developed senses of entitlement.
OK the uploaders are assholes but hard to get away from that.

I am not saying that I will be able to find things from TL or IPT that I can't find on SCC I simply liked SCC a while ago because of the crazy speeds I used to get there. I agree with you I participated in TL way more and felt like it was more of a community and therefore it was my main uploading place. I am not dissing on "low level trackers" or "high level trackers" I just would be simply grateful for anything.

Now we're talking.

You are exactly right, I am not calling anything low to anything bad I just wanted a tracker! Like I just got computer up and running (yesterday actually) and am totally out of what sites are open, invite, still operational, you know I would be happy for someone to suggest open trackers right now I would love to give one a shot! :D

I've been reading around FST some more and it seems people are generally not as throat-ripping here as on other torrent invite sites. Many actually seem nice.

You've been to high school, right? FST is like that, without all the pretty girls. Welcome in, at any rate. :)
And, hey, if either of you can prove that SCC staff have no problem with you guys rejoining the site (a person I told this to in the past gave me a screenshot of an IRC conversation in the help channel, that was nice); your invite is with me. It sucks that you two missed the massive invite wave over the last couple of weeks.

I am currently at work right now but I will get you the SS very soon, thanks for being thoughtful ringhunter!

I was just shocked at how negative the first page of comments truly were, but thats online forums for you, thank you to the people that are not douchebags and actually contributed to this thread :D

Waddafocky
10-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Well you could check http://btracs.com/index.htm and keep scrolling until you find something interesting, or you could go all the way down and click on one of the categories at the bottom, depending on what sort of content you are aiming for.

And congrats on getting your computer back up. Hope to see you around some trackers.

IdolEyes787
10-26-2010, 08:51 PM
I was just shocked at how negative the first page of comments truly were, but thats online forums for you, thank you to the people that are not douchebags and actually contributed to this thread :D

That's a real douchebag remark.