PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a newsreader to replace Alt.Binz

the mighty
10-27-2010, 04:33 PM
I’ve been using Alt.Binz ever since I started using newsgroups, and I’ve found it perfect for my mostly TV related downloading. The most important feature was using it to download TV shows automatically using the RSS feed from nzbs.org and then having those downloads extract into individually selected folders. For the past week, however, the RSS function has stopped working. The feed from nzbs.org loads, and Alt.Binz is able to find the files that I’ve requested for download, but they aren’t added to my queue. The same thing happens using the RSS feed on NZBMatrix.com. I’m hoping that someone can point in the direction of a newsreader similar to Alt.Binz that will able to do the same thing. I tried SabNZB for a while, but couldn’t really work it the way that I like.

Thanks for any help!

ericab
10-27-2010, 05:50 PM
try sabnzbd again

the mighty
10-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the advise. I just had another look at SabNZB, but I still haven't been able to completely get a hang of it. I will have another go tomorrow, but the RSS instructions confuse me.

Say, for example, I want to download an episode of a television show which aired last night, and only the HD version, and also select the folder that it extracts to. Is that possible to set up on SabNZB? How do I set up my filter so that it "requires" the HD file for one program, but can download the regular XVID file for others? And is the only way to make each program download and extract into seperate folders by creating a catergory for each show and then selected that in my RSS feed. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.

ericab
10-28-2010, 06:37 AM
yes

have you seen this

http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-rss-v2

Duron
10-28-2010, 10:48 AM
sabnzbd is king!

Disme
10-28-2010, 12:37 PM
sabnzbd is king!

True story!

link2009
10-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Personally, I like SABNZBD because it is free and has about the same functionality (if not more in certain cases) than other popular news readers (Newsleecher, Alt.Binz). But, if I am at my local Windows machine, I will almost always use Newsleecher, since the interface is clean, simple and managing downloads is a breeez, imo.

n07
11-01-2010, 05:49 PM
i never used rss but i really like alt binz ,i even paid for the full version lol .

tabalogino
11-06-2010, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the advise. I just had another look at SabNZB, but I still haven't been able to completely get a hang of it. I will have another go tomorrow, but the RSS instructions confuse me.

Say, for example, I want to download an episode of a television show which aired last night, and only the HD version, and also select the folder that it extracts to. Is that possible to set up on SabNZB? How do I set up my filter so that it "requires" the HD file for one program, but can download the regular XVID file for others? And is the only way to make each program download and extract into seperate folders by creating a catergory for each show and then selected that in my RSS feed. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.

As "the mighty" reading won't be a matter for you (lol). The link posted by ericab "http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-rss-v2" shows how to DIYS.
BTW: Sabnzbd is like linux (if you can configure things yourself, there's nothing better in the market).

freakadude
11-08-2010, 10:21 PM
SABnzb is the only way to go - it works flawlessly with my RSS feeds from both NZBMatrix and NZBS.org