PDA

View Full Version : how do you prepare Shrimp?

worldpease
11-09-2010, 10:37 PM
How do you prepare Shrimp, maybe preferably a cocktail as I imagine it would be more simple, less time consuming.

The thing is that a very nice friend who likes to buy us stuff gave us this 'Kroger's cocktail Shrim with Sauce' pre-peeled and deveined, it's a 40 count Ring very similar to this one (http://chickenofthesea.com/product_line_detail.aspx?did=4800009151) and this one (http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/kroger/cocktail-shrimp-wsauce-100-count-40oz.-2lb-8oz./). But since we never prepare seafood here at home, we are not sure what to do with them, I guess we could prepare fresh cocktails with clamato, lemon and what not, but I would like to see if you can give some ideas.

Oh and also, we put the shrimp in the freezer as soon as we got it, and the package says it's good until Nov 2011, wich seems a long time to me for seafood.
Will the shrim be ok if we prepare it, say a couple of weeks from now.

Ok thanks guys.

JustDOSE
11-09-2010, 10:41 PM
bleh if their in a ring its prob pre-cooked, pre-cooked shrimp is nasty, well to me it is. there is not much you can do wiith precooked shrimp except make cold dishes. just throw em in some sauce and eat em. :whistling

or make ceviche, number one food to eat while drinking or whenever. if frozen food is sealed right it can stay for long ass mutherfuckin periods of god damn time http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/66/griny.png

bigboab
11-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Break it to it gently that you are going to boil it in water.:wacko:

clocker
11-10-2010, 12:58 AM
And it will whisper back gently, "I've already been cooked. Fuckstick."

worldpease
11-10-2010, 01:30 AM
And it will whisper back gently, "I've already been cooked. Fuckstick."

or may be it will start telling me how it comes from a large family and how they struggle to make ends meet
and all that stuff. ...lol.

there is not much you can do wiith precooked shrimp except make cold dishes. just throw em in some sauce and eat em.

or make ceviche, number one food to eat while drinking or whenever. if frozen food is sealed right it can stay for long ass mutherfuckin periods of god damn time
yeah well, as I mentioned that was our first thought, fresh cocktail; or ceviche, I hadn't thought of that, and we like ceviche.
or se

clocker
11-10-2010, 02:24 AM
Ceviche is made from uncooked seafood.
Your shrimp has already been cooked and is ready to eat NOW.

How did the gift of some cocktail shrimp become such a dilemma?

worldpease
11-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Your shrimp has already been cooked and is ready to eat NOW.

How did the gift of some cocktail shrimp become such a dilemma?
lol I know, I have a knack for making this kind of threads.

Cabalo
11-10-2010, 05:09 AM
Offtopic, how's life in one of the most dangerous cities in the planet ? Tijuana, right?

megabyteme
11-10-2010, 05:26 AM
Offtopic, how's life in one of the most dangerous cities in the planet ? Tijuana, right?

Cocktail shrimp and danger. Nice mix. :)

ON TOPIC: I would throw them in a colander, carefully rinse in cold water and separate the shrimp, dry them thoroughly with a paper towel and a bit of hand held pressure (wringing), toss them in sauce, or on top of a salad. Serve near ground-level and behind thick enough walls to stop any low-velocity gunfire in the neighborhood. Enjoy!

JustDOSE
11-10-2010, 06:58 AM

fuck no man, you can make ceviche with pre-cooked shrimp, its been done before lots of times.... it just wont soak up as much lemon....

worldpease
11-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Lots of people ask me this or similar questions man, and I kind of like it because that way
I can give another point of view.
So yeah, I would't object to it being considered among the most dangerous places,
lots of trafficking, lots of 'narcos', almost daily kidnapings or sequestering of people (mostly wealthy and governmental [and corrupt] people), drug cartel related shootings now and then, be-headed and mutilated bodies, corpses found in the mornings hanging from bridges,
even different factions of the police force get into shootings with one another
for varied reasons, so yeah lot of corruption on all levels. Although I wouldn't say tourist are particularly targeted, I'd say it's better to be safe than sorry.
All this being said, it is not the Middle East or something like that, it's not like if you go out side you'll get a bullet (it has happen many times these last few years given the circumstances).
Although this environment has also contributed to it being more crime in other aspects, like stealing, armed assaults and robbery, lots of junkies and lazy people that is up to no good,
there is also a lot of hard working people, I suppose, lol.
So as I said, we mostly live normal lives like any growing city, be a reasonable and correct person,
don't go looking for trouble because you will find it, even more in these times; most of the innocent people that get hurt do so because they where caught in the cross-fire for being in the wrong places or with the wrong people, see, the 'sicarios' (cartel gunmen) wont stop and ask who is who.
Obviously most of us here would prefer not having to worry (even if it's only a little) something might happen during our day,
and Thanks God me and those close to me haven't been greatly affected by the circumstances.

Cocktail shrimp and danger. Nice mix.

Serve near ground-level and behind thick enough walls to stop any low-velocity gunfire in the neighborhood. Enjoy!
:lol: Oh man, you made me laugh like crazy.
wait 'till I tell this here at home, lol.
This is what I mean, there are no bullets flying over our heads,
besides this is a relatively tranquil neighborhood. :P

I would throw them in a colander, carefully rinse in cold water and separate the shrimp, dry them thoroughly with a paper towel and a bit of hand held pressure (wringing), toss them in sauce, or on top of a salad.

fuck no man, you can make ceviche with pre-cooked shrimp, its been done before lots of times.... it just wont soak up as much lemon....
Yeah, I kind off figured I could do that,
what the heck right?

JustDOSE
11-11-2010, 04:10 AM
Yeah, I kind off figured I could do that,
what the heck right?

fuckin aye right :boxing: