PDA

View Full Version : merlins-portal.net index is faster and more up to date

JustDOSE
11-10-2010, 08:17 AM
merlins-portal.net index is faster and more up to date then other sites, i know i bashed them for the vip they did but id gladly donate(no strings attached OFC) for their site. awesome job guys keep up the good work:D

Disme
11-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Merlin's portal looks good indeed.

Been using nzbs.org a lot but might start using Merlin's more in the future.

gamesover
11-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Is it any better than NZBMatrix or newzbin?

It would be interesting to compare all the top indexing sites, especially since I can't afford to buy VIP at all of them LOL

Cabalo
11-10-2010, 01:20 PM
If there's one site where I could consider donating, it would be nzbsrus.
The old merlin's was huge, and this one is still slowly regaining its former glory. Have not used it much since the comeback, might start doing that now.

JustDOSE
11-11-2010, 05:17 AM
NZBsRus is ok, but dont you hate how they over edit their sites index? You go to search for a new release and there is only one post because the mod on duty that day felt it was the best one; NZBsRus sucks for that. Let me decide for myself which one I want. Fascists

As for Merlin's Portal the only thing that sucks ass is their sites forum type layout and constant thanks required. If i didn't have to click 5 times per nzb Merlin's Portal would be #1 :yup: non-conformists

KFlint
11-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Nzbmatrix feels like home to me, I compared the content to nzbsrus and it has probably twice as much NZBs on the site. Merlin's Portal feels odd to me, I don't like the layout either.

I'm curious of nzbs.org though, I tried a couple times registering without success. Do they have an invite system?

mayhemInc
11-11-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm curious of nzbs.org though, I tried a couple times registering without success. Do they have an invite system?

Site news says: new user registration have been disabled for the time being

But you could try https://nzb.su/ - it's practically the same and works well with sickbeard and couchpotato, as well as with sabnzbd for automation/rss etc.

JustDOSE
11-11-2010, 07:38 PM
NZBs(dot)ORG is the shit, its probably were merlins portal harvests their nzbs from. Simple and effective, up to date like merlins. I just noticed that they closed registration, just like nzb.to(one of the best pr0n nzb site). prob too much bandwidth usage from leeches:yup:

tesco
11-11-2010, 09:09 PM
The old merlin's was huge, and this one is still slowly regaining its former glory. Have not used it much since the comeback, might start doing that now.
You wouldn't donate to fst? :O

Cabalo
11-11-2010, 09:28 PM
You wouldn't donate to fst? :O
:rolleyes: I don't have to answer to that, do I ?

k2bug
11-20-2010, 11:25 AM
JustDOSE and others have you actually used merlins portal nzb section? Strange you mention thanks when it is not all required and mention odd layout when it is the cleanest on any site. http://www.merlins-portal.net/usenet/nzb.php

They also do not accept donations and from what i see all the features available to all members maybe the critics should visit more often and actually look around. Said in another post all you need is FST and merlins portal. I am big fan of both FST and merlins portal because there open and transparent in what they do.

PS
just been over at merlins portal and they are now telling people not to register today but go check out other sites then come back and see what they get for free there.

Taken from there front page.

What you get at merlins-portal.net as a member:

FREE downloads, 100+ Ways to filter your search's (by region, language, format to mention the popular choices), Free NZB cart, Choice to save your filter selections, Save all your NZB files in one place to download as and when you want to when you want to, download NZB as NZB and not compressed and many many more features that most sites make you pay for. Merlin's Portal uses 3 servers to offer fast, efficient NZB's to you at no cost to the members, SSL as standard if you wish to use SSL. Merlin's Portal was built on respect and everyone is treated as an equal regardless of site rank. We offer that much as standard it's hard to list in one welcome message.

What you won't get at merlins-portal.net:

You won't be forced to thank to get a file, you wont get stupid promotions just to get you to part with your hard earned cash for sub standard sites, you won't get weekly begging emails, you won't have to pay for the privilege not to "thank", you are not expected to donate, in fact the site does not accept donations at this time. In fact we encourage members to explore other NZB sites to see for themselves all the tricks there using to get there hands on your hard earned cash. Merlin's Portal does not sit on shared servers with 100's of other sites and claim it costs 1000's when it costs pennies (this sickens me and my staff when we see most sites make this claim).

In fact DON'T register with us today but go Google for NZB sites then make your choice and see why 10's of thousands use us in the past and do so now in the present & future.

Don't be lured by these sites that promise everything and give nothing, hide all new releases until you pay or force you into blowing smoke up someone's arse and rubbing there ego to gain a file. At Merlin's Portal ALL files are available to everyone regardless of site status. Hopefully see you on the other side and not just as a guest.

Bold statement indeed but one that is very much true.

maphongbax
11-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes, they do require people to push the "thank you" button. (Even though they claim they don't). Wow, I wonder how much of that bold statement is true.

http://www.merlins-portal.net/usenet/images/misc/paperclip.png Attached Files

Press " http://www.merlins-portal.net/usenet/dbtech/thanks/images/thanks.png Thank For This Post" Bottom Left To Reveal Attachment.

towerblocks
11-26-2010, 07:22 PM

I lol so hard at this, The site is run by jokers, I wouldn't give them my sweat of my sack.

JustDOSE
11-26-2010, 09:22 PM
JustDOSE and others have you actually used merlins portal nzb section? Strange you mention thanks when it is not all required and mention odd layout when it is the cleanest on any site. http://www.merlins-portal.net/usenet/nzb.php

lmfao, the size of that images on that page is retarded.... i can only view like 5 at a time on nzbmatrix i can view 50 with the same space.... lol .. its meh you can tell old blind men made that section :whistling

k2bug
11-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes, they do require people to push the "thank you" button. (Even though they claim they don't). Wow, I wonder how much of that bold statement is true.

http://www.merlins-portal.net/usenet/images/misc/paperclip.png Attached Files

Press " http://www.merlins-portal.net/usenet/dbtech/thanks/images/thanks.png Thank For This Post" Bottom Left To Reveal Attachment.

Yet another that has not explored the site properly before commenting.

lmfao, the size of that images on that page is retarded.... i can only view like 5 at a time on nzbmatrix i can view 50 with the same space.... lol .. its meh you can tell old blind men made that section :whistling

Suppose if matrix your thing then so be it but i watch with eager eyes that some day you will say something nice about somewhere else that are not stroking your sack. Wait browsing MP now and can't see any comments from you oh wait your only good at doing it here and anonymous, Lets face it you recently said TB would not be missed of FST meh TB is FST.

Think i am done and anyone reading this FST and merlins-portal is all you need.

whiteboy
11-28-2010, 05:06 PM
I used to love Merlins but yah the layout is horrible. 3 releases A PAGE DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. NZBS.ORG IS THE BOMB. pLUS THIS SITE AND NZB INDEX.

fuckin caps

k2bug
11-28-2010, 07:20 PM
I used to love Merlins but yah the layout is horrible. 3 releases A PAGE DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. NZBS.ORG IS THE BOMB. pLUS THIS SITE AND NZB INDEX.

fuckin caps

You using an iphone i have 30 something on my page to view at a time. This thread getting so funny now i just can't help visiting once a day for the latest bullcrap

Radon0r
11-29-2010, 02:33 AM
You're right. With people saying bullshit like "I have 30 something visible at once," I guess this thread is one worth visiting occasionally.

Pics or didn't happen as all the kids say...

hal2k2
06-08-2012, 09:48 PM
It would appear that ONCE AGAIN merlins portal is a non site ... For SEVERAL weeks as of this date it is "not found".

It appears that Merlin has "confused" us again .... so sad as he was ONCE a respected member of the nzb community.

RP3X
06-09-2012, 01:12 PM
I paid a sub for merlins portal but regretted it cos nzb matrix I found later and noticed it was more up to date and better layout.

anyhow merlins portal died quickly...

nzb org has been my no1 place to source nzbs, simple and fast and works however there new website layout is horrible but will need to get use to the yukky colour scheme and system I guess.