PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Ftn ...

Stabber
11-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi guys!

This is a long shot i know but i would to give it a shot . I' m already 3 years member of FST and this is my first time asking for FTN .

Why would i like to join ?

Ratiofree : Because after Sct died i'm still looking for something as good as Sct was and even better and i strongly believe that what i'm searching is FTN . Scc is great as well but with my connection i can't afford buying a seedbox every month to keep a descent ratio . With FTN the only thing that is needed is time to seed the torrent , that's all , and this makes torrenting even more easy and enjoyable .

Packs: There are some great packs over at FTN from what i've heard like movie packs , games etc . Since i'm both a games and movie fan i think this site would suit me the best .

Forums : The forums are active and entertaining . So since is it a small community you can easily make friends and have some fun over at the forums .

Those are the basic reasons why i would like to join FTN . Of course i will help the site by being active and even donating every now and then . If you need proof just ask , and i will send them you .

If you could help me out , i would be grateful .

Cheers! :naughty:

anon
11-15-2010, 09:07 PM
This is a long shot i know but i would to give it a shot . I' m already 3 years member of FST and this is my first time asking for FTN .

Wait, we can ask more than once? :lol:

Ratiofree : Because after Sct died i'm still looking for something as good as Sct was and even better and i strongly believe that what i'm searching is FTN .

Let me ask the usual question... why not Pretome?

IPT also has packs and an active community, and it's so easy to seed over there that shouldn't be an issue...

Waddafocky
11-15-2010, 09:23 PM
I just discovered the wonders of IPT, and although I am grateful to the person who gave me my SCC invite, I find myself loving up the IPT.

Also, if you're looking for packs, you're better off at PiN (also ratio-free, has movies but don't know about games). And the packs at SCC are freeleech as well...

Perhaps the question is this: how can you prove you're not a trophy hunter?

KFlint
11-15-2010, 09:25 PM
I just found out that IPT has a free-leech Richard Pryor movie pack, oh life is good! Wait.... am I off-topic?

The truth is that there is just no good reason to want to join FTN no matter how good you think your speech is and I'm afraid you are only wasting your time asking here.

Di@monds
11-15-2010, 09:27 PM
collectors will always be collecting things they cant have, doesnt matter its good or not

Stabber
11-15-2010, 09:56 PM
I just discovered the wonders of IPT, and although I am grateful to the person who gave me my SCC invite, I find myself loving up the IPT.

Also, if you're looking for packs, you're better off at PiN (also ratio-free, has movies but don't know about games). And the packs at SCC are freeleech as well...

Perhaps the question is this: how can you prove you're not a trophy hunter?

How can anyone really answer this question ? The only way is to get invited and prove that you really are not a trophy hunter by being active .

But the only way to do that is that someone can trust you , and this is what i'm asking you for .

QPD
11-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I still wait for Idol's opinion on this matter!

Waddafocky
11-15-2010, 09:59 PM
That is not a satisfactory answer.

Many have already told you that things at FTN can be found elsewhere, a lot easier. It is up to you to explain what FTN has besides a reputation that attracts you to it. Packs of movies and games - already found elsewhere. Good community - elsewhere. Ratiofree - OK, I admit not that many elsewhere but FL and BP in other places make up for that. So what is it about FTN?

Cabalo
11-15-2010, 10:01 PM
After reading your request, what you are looking for is either SCC (it replaced SCT since its demise) or PTM, which is ratio free plus nearly 3x the contents. I can help you with the latter, should you decide to close the request.

Stabber
11-15-2010, 10:03 PM
The answer is simple , FTN has the whole package . Yes i can find packs elsewhere like someone mentioned Pin , yes there are a lot of 0day tracker , yes there are other good forums but FTN combines all these into one great tracker . This is my answer , not sure if this what you wanted to hear but i'm being honest

anon
11-15-2010, 10:03 PM
what you are looking for is either SCC (it replaced SCT since its demise)

And judging from his SCC giveaway thread, I'd say he's already there. :)

Stabber
11-15-2010, 10:04 PM
That is not a satisfactory answer.

Many have already told you that things at FTN can be found elsewhere, a lot easier. It is up to you to explain what FTN has besides a reputation that attracts you to it. Packs of movies and games - already found elsewhere. Good community - elsewhere. Ratiofree - OK, I admit not that many elsewhere but FL and BP in other places make up for that. So what is it about FTN?

The answer is simple , FTN has the whole package . Yes i can find packs elsewhere like someone mentioned Pin , yes there are a lot of 0day tracker , yes there are other good forums but FTN combines all these into one great tracker . This is my answer , not sure if this what you wanted to hear but i'm being honest

QPD
11-15-2010, 10:06 PM
FTN has 13000+ torrents
PTM has 37000+ torrents

I rest my case!

IdolEyes787
11-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Packs: There are some great packs over at FTN from what i've heard like movie packs , games etc . Since i'm both a games and movie fan i think this site would suit me the best .

Forums : The forums are active and entertaining . So since is it a small community you can easily make friends and have some fun over at the forums .

Devil's advocate,btw I think you are perfectly entitled to ask for whatever you want but since you played these particular cards......

IPT is as mentioned free-leech on just about anything of any size including both movie and game packs . Even is something isn't, if it is the the slightest bit popular maintaining as ratio is basically a snap. Also if you are a "movie fan " then probably a dedicated tracker like goem or PTP ( both again that are brimming with freeleech) is probably a better choice unless you are content limiting yourself to scene releases that is. In which case ,let's be clear,you are a scene and not a movie fan.
Same goes with games and BGC , which you really have to consciously work at being an idiot not to stay on the good side of positive there.

As for forums I might be totally misinformed here but wouldn't "activity " be more of a certainty on sites with large as opposed to small userbases? Same goes with the likelihood of finding a "friend" or at least someone with common interests. :unsure:
I think what you are mistaking for genuine friendship is more a shared sense of self satisfaction and a common desire not to lose what was so "hard-won".
Of course I could be wrong and just being on a site such as FTN suddenly makes everyone care for each other whereas they couldn't have the same feelings of friendship with anyone on TL.:mellow:

Stabber
11-15-2010, 10:13 PM

Devil's advocate,btw I think you are perfectly entitled to ask for whatever you want but since you played these particular cards......

IPT is as mentioned free-leech on just about anything of any size including both movie and game packs . Even is something isn't, if it is the the slightest bit popular maintaining as ratio is basically a snap. Also if you are a "movie fan " then probably a dedicated tracker like goem or PTP ( both again that are brimming with freeleech) is probably a better choice unless you are content limiting yourself to scene releases that is. In which case ,let's be clear,you are a scene and not a movie fan.
Same goes with games and BGC , which you really have to consciously work at being an idiot not to stay on the good side of positive there.

As for forums I might be totally misinformed here but wouldn't "activity " be more of a certainty on sites with large as opposed to small userbases? Same goes with the likelihood of finding a "friend" or at least someone with common interests. :unsure:
I think what you are mistaking for genuine friendship is more a shared sense of self satisfaction and a common desire not to lose what was so "hard-won".
Of course I could be wrong and just being on a site such as FTN suddenly makes everyone care for each other whereas they couldn't have the same feelings of friendship with anyone on TL.:mellow:

Idoleyes i respect your opinion a lot that is why i will close this thread since i do believe that you are right .

But what i'm saying is that i don't like to have 10 trackers , 1 for the movies , 1 for the games etc etc and since FTN has the whole package it would be great to be a part of it . Anyway if anyone decides to help that would be great . I will close this thread since i know the outcome of it . Cheers

KFlint
11-15-2010, 10:30 PM
FTN has the whole package it would be great to be a part of it .

You don't seem to get it, it's NOT.

Cabalo
11-15-2010, 10:31 PM
No one wants my PTM invites. :(

Stabber
11-15-2010, 10:41 PM
FTN has the whole package it would be great to be a part of it .

You don't seem to get it, it's NOT.

To you it isn't , to someone else it is the whole package . It's a matter of taste , some think that bmw are the best cars others think that mercedes are the best cars . You can't be absolute about FTN .