PDA

View Full Version : To all you mp3 p2p groups..

iLOVENZB
11-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Please, for gods sake, include a m3u file at the very least in your releases.

kthxbye

TraLaLa
11-17-2010, 06:09 PM
I will pass it on ..

bijoy
11-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Please, for gods sake, include a m3u file at the very least in your releases.

kthxbye

Nice idea indeed...

ca_aok
11-18-2010, 01:05 AM
To all you mp3 scene groups...

Switch to V0 (or FLAC), ditch the useless .m3u files, and stop releasing useless mutt rips and transcodes as "legit" releases.

kthxbye

anon
11-18-2010, 01:01 PM
ditch the useless .m3u files

Hey, they save you the hassle of dragging the folder to Winamp's playlist. :lol:

Actually, I appreciate the presence of M3U playlists just for that.

bijoy
11-18-2010, 02:20 PM
But the news is, not everyone present here uses winamp.

elbuitre
11-18-2010, 05:19 PM
To all you mp3 scene groups...

Switch to V0 (or FLAC), ditch the useless .m3u files, and stop releasing useless mutt rips and transcodes as "legit" releases.

kthxbye

that would be great! also a better file naming convention.

anon
11-18-2010, 06:13 PM

Other players can't load M3U files?

ca_aok
11-18-2010, 11:24 PM

Other players can't load M3U files?
Other players don't need to.

Foobar auto adds anything in my music directory to my library.

whatcdfan
11-28-2010, 02:05 PM
so does the WMP 12

iLOVENZB
11-29-2010, 03:44 AM
People still used WMP? How behind the times is everybody? XMMS FTW :D

ca_aok
11-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Actually from the brief look at it when I installed Windows 7 they seemed to have made some sizable improvements over the old versions. Not enough for me to switch from foobar though.

Speedo
12-03-2010, 01:16 PM
People still used WMP? How behind the times is everybody? XMMS FTW :D

You still use XMMS? Bah! Get with the times man, install Banshee.

Expeto
12-03-2010, 04:20 PM
XMMS FTW :D
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

can your precious banshee run with less than %1 cpu? can you change its song without touching the mouse? :P
seriously dude, novell is the next Microsoft

iLOVENZB
12-04-2010, 06:19 AM

can your precious banshee run with less than %1 cpu? can you change its song without touching the mouse? :P
seriously dude, novell is the next Microsoft

Exactly, However claiming Novell is the next Windows worries me a bit. Once you start going mainstream and try catering for every tom, dick and harry's needs do you start to lose your top position. I believe this is what Ubuntu, although a great distro, is currently doing.

Ubuntu's side projects aren't currently trying to grab attention of the mainstream mainly because not everybody has a shit pc build or would even think of getting a Debian based server.

jkl49
12-06-2010, 02:57 AM
How do you change the song without using the mouse? Do you mean using only the keyboard? If so, I'm pretty sure any decent program has that capability. If not, do you mean using a remote control? If so, then I also believe that just about any decent software player can do the same. So I don't see the big deal. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else there is besides mind control. Also, unless I'm missing something, most audio playing software doesn't really use much for cpu resources. Even on an old computer, an audio player will usually sit between 00-01 being used, even if you're playing high bitrate FLAC files or 24-bit audio. But it's possible there's something I'm missing.

Expeto
12-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Exactly, However claiming Novell is the next Windows worries me a bit. Once you start going mainstream and try catering for every tom, dick and harry's needs do you start to lose your top position. I believe this is what Ubuntu, although a great distro, is currently doing.

Ubuntu's side projects aren't currently trying to grab attention of the mainstream mainly because not everybody has a shit pc build or would even think of getting a Debian based server.

To be honest I don't think ubuntu is a great distro, It is becoming a garbage salad. Its a distro where smart linux users go to die.

How do you change the song without using the mouse? Do you mean using only the keyboard? If so, I'm pretty sure any decent program has that capability. If not, do you mean using a remote control? If so, then I also believe that just about any decent software player can do the same. So I don't see the big deal. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else there is besides mind control. Also, unless I'm missing something, most audio playing software doesn't really use much for cpu resources. Even on an old computer, an audio player will usually sit between 00-01 being used, even if you're playing high bitrate FLAC files or 24-bit audio. But it's possible there's something I'm missing.
What I mean was plain cli controls, like typing "xmms2 next" to command line for the next song, such controls have mindblowing potential.

iLOVENZB
12-07-2010, 02:04 AM
To be honest I don't think ubuntu is a great distro, It is becoming a garbage salad. Its a distro where smart linux users go to die.

It's where users go to dip their toes into a distro ;). Although Mandriva and OpenSUSE seem more popular with newcommers now-days. On the campus they're using Mac OSX (Snow Leopard) so I haven't really touched a Linux distro in a few years.

I dived into about 6 distros at one time when I ventured into Linux. Have to say Ubuntu was a great starting point; their forum was full of noob questions and answered all my issues - haven't touched it since Dapper Drake :D.