PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find This Kind Of Seedbox.

theshadow1234
11-19-2010, 12:06 AM
I need ...

1. A Non-Shared Seedbox. (One User Only)
2. 1ooMB ConnecTioN
3. Ru Torrent (With all the Addons)
4. FTP\SFTP
5 100GB+ Space
6. Location - U.S. (FDCSErvers)

Thanks.

unoriginal
11-19-2010, 03:08 AM
I need ...

1. A Non-Shared Seedbox. (One User Only)

Does not compute. The only way to be a single user and not share is to get a dedi box. Which will get you more than 100GB of space and probably cost more than you want to pay.

lmn8r
11-19-2010, 04:13 AM
http://www.xirvik.com/dedicated_10.html

Scroll down to "DEDICATED SEEDBOXES (UNITED STATES)"

1. A Non-Shared Seedbox. (One User Only) - check
2. 1ooMB ConnecTioN - check
3. Ru Torrent (With all the Addons) - check
4. FTP\SFTP - check
5 100GB+ Space - check
6. Location - U.S. (FDCSErvers - check

$75/mo is a reasonable price to pay for these specifications, you'll find similar prices with other companies.

Thelen
11-19-2010, 04:22 AM
The American dedicated (regular and supersize) are no longer available from the datacenter. Stock is limited - once they are sold out, they are sold out. We currently have 2 of them. Note: The 400 GB model can be converted to the supersize (1.5 TB) at any time, without data loss.

Sounds like a type of VDS (virtual dedicated server) TBH, though Xirvik aren't known to mislead like that so maybe not. But knowing FDC I somehow doubt they are actually dedicated even if they sell them to Xirvik as such. Be aware if it is in Denver the speeds will be shit.

lmn8r
11-19-2010, 06:04 AM
Sempron was the old servers they used to sell before atoms came along. It's probably old inventory that's why it's cheaper. Comparable to OVH's celery 1.2ghz offer. I think it was what, 2004? I had a sempron dedicated server at FDC. Back in the shared-unmetered 100mbps days. It's probably got 2gb of ddr1 memory.

I'm still waiting for him to say he only wants to pay $15/mo.

Thelen
11-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Yea I've seen those, but afaik they weren't unmetered and certainly not for only $50 or so (given Xirviks profit margin). But, maybe indeed Xirvik got a deal or something.

PooBar
11-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Where's the best place for your server to be placed, EU ,USA or wherever ?

xirvflux
11-29-2010, 03:39 PM
The American dedicated (regular and supersize) are no longer available from the datacenter. Stock is limited - once they are sold out, they are sold out. We currently have 2 of them. Note: The 400 GB model can be converted to the supersize (1.5 TB) at any time, without data loss.

Sounds like a type of VDS (virtual dedicated server) TBH, though Xirvik aren't known to mislead like that so maybe not. But knowing FDC I somehow doubt they are actually dedicated even if they sell them to Xirvik as such. Be aware if it is in Denver the speeds will be shit.

They are dedicated servers (real hardware).

faithless13
01-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I would go with Xirvik i used them just for a month and had speeds of upto 5-10 mbs.