PDA

View Full Version : newsgroups = more rare stuff or not ?

neoragexxx
11-24-2010, 06:12 PM
i am mainly a bt user and although i have access to big trackers etc i can't seem to find rare applications (like 0day apps&automotive software)

I was wondering how newsgroup fare in otherwise "rare" pirated software?

sassan
11-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Files go back as 2 years based on retention on some popular service providers.

Skiz
11-24-2010, 07:07 PM
You don't need a Usenet subscription to see what's available. Just see if what you're looking for is out there. ;)

http://www.nzbindex.nl/

JustDOSE
11-25-2010, 03:16 AM
torrents are shit apps, rips, etc that are upload by whoever.... usenet is uploaded by scene standards, so yea everything is better and you can find what you want here. WTF are you looking for anyways? :wacko:

Funkin'
11-25-2010, 12:03 PM
If I were you, I wouldn't listen to anyone's opinions about either one. Both have their pros and cons. Just do what Skiz suggested and search for what you're wanting. You can find old and rare material through either method(although with my experiences, I have found more rare files through DDL than Usenet and Bittorrent, so if you can't find what you're looking from either of those then give a look around the various DDL forums).

Duron
11-25-2010, 07:25 PM
torrents are shit apps, rips, etc that are upload by whoever.... usenet is uploaded by scene standards, so yea everything is better and you can find what you want here. WTF are you looking for anyways? :wacko:erm...

scene trackers have scene releases
p2p trackers have nonscene releases

usenet has both - so I don't think you can say usenet has better quality apps than bt....

JustDOSE
11-25-2010, 09:58 PM
so I don't think you can say usenet has better quality apps than bt....
yes it does:dabs:

Skiz
11-25-2010, 10:48 PM
torrents are shit apps, rips, etc that are upload by whoever.... usenet is uploaded by scene standards, so yea everything is better and you can find what you want here. WTF are you looking for anyways? :wacko:

Umm.. "whoever" can upload to Usenet as well. There is plenty of shady content on Usenet.

JustDOSE
11-25-2010, 11:45 PM

Umm.. "whoever" can upload to Usenet as well. There is plenty of shady content on Usenet.

ALOT less then torrents by 99%, and all that "shady" posts your talking about rarely gets indexed by sites like this one

neoragexxx
11-26-2010, 01:38 PM
If I were you, I wouldn't listen to anyone's opinions about either one. Both have their pros and cons. Just do what Skiz suggested and search for what you're wanting. You can find old and rare material through either method(although with my experiences, I have found more rare files through DDL than Usenet and Bittorrent, so if you can't find what you're looking from either of those then give a look around the various DDL forums).

I agree with your testimonial DDL forums are the best for rare files/applications.. From what i discovered last days BT more or less equals with usenet material.

cinephilia
11-26-2010, 11:56 PM

ALOT less then torrents by 99%, and all that "shady" posts your talking about rarely gets indexed by sites like this one
thanks for the laugh.

Radon0r
11-27-2010, 02:32 AM
thanks for the laugh.

+1

Shady content is spammed to multiple newsgroups on a daily basis. Torrents will never be able to compete with, let alone beat, the usenet when it comes to such filth.

Hypatia
11-27-2010, 04:31 AM
With experience you learn how to avoid "shady" content pretty efficiently even using simple indexers.And its a good experience. Manual indexers miss lots of stuff posted out there

Funkin'
11-27-2010, 08:30 AM
I agree with your testimonial DDL forums are the best for rare files/applications.. From what i discovered last days BT more or less equals with usenet material.

That was my conclusion too. I dig Usenet more though because it has better security and guaranteed speeds(but of course it costs).

Disme
11-29-2010, 07:23 AM
thanks for the laugh.

You should go through his post-history ... he's a truly gifted stand-up comedian :rolleyes:

Funkin'
11-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Come on now guys. No reason to bash justdose just because he obviously doesn't know a lot about BT. ;)

filedud
12-05-2010, 07:11 PM

I (seriously) have found it to be just the opposite. Torrent downloads usually take longer to d/l but (I have found) are of better quality while Usenet d/ls are much faster but are of less reliable quality.

kton25
12-08-2010, 12:53 AM
I use BT and Usenet. A good tracker will have good speeds/content. Usenet will always have good speeds but limited retention and varying quality content. Try one of the free usenet trials and see for yourself.

Malcontent
12-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Usenet will always have good speeds but limited retention and varying quality content.

Several Usenet providers have around 850+ days of retention and is growing. How it that limited? A lot of the content found on torrents is the same that is on usenet. The same tv shows and movies, games.

iLOVENZB
12-11-2010, 03:59 AM

I (seriously) have found it to be just the opposite. Torrent downloads usually take longer to d/l but (I have found) are of better quality while Usenet d/ls are much faster but are of less reliable quality.

What? Download apples from Usenet and not oranges.

iLOVENZB
12-11-2010, 10:27 PM
[ Wikileaks_SITEDUMP_2010-06-12-BERND ]-[01/57] - "wikileaks-20100612-bernd.nfo" yEnc (1/1)

WIKILEAKS COMPLETE FILE COLLECTION 2010-12 and 2010-11 as mentioned on wikileaks [024/123] - "cablegate-201011302301.7z" yEnc (1/5)

I can't believe that I still can't find a archive of Wikileaks (p2p, bb) even though the torrents are out: http://wikileaks.ch/file/wikileaks_archive.7z

I don't really think I will be posting the nzbs, but I'm sure if you search the headers you'll find the pot at the end of the rainbow.

Cabalo
12-12-2010, 12:15 AM
It's being upped as we speak. At least I think so, that's what SS reports.

avalon
12-12-2010, 04:04 AM
definitely i found some of teh rare music on usenet which i couldn't find on BT