PDA

View Full Version : New Website Created For You!

silent2k
11-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Please dont take this as spam, I'm not doing this for personal gain. I'm showing this site to you guys because this is a popular board.

Please take a moment to check out http://www.forumsearch.org ...

It would be neat to see it spread around the net and gain some attention. A lot of people think its a great idea.

What is it?

A search engine for forums. Plain and simple. By user submission only. The site is brand new. we have around 80 forums in it so far.

So just take a look, if you like it, try to contribute to it by adding some forums to it, and spreading the site around on some other forums.

I have already added this site to it.

Thank you,

Btw, if this is in the wrong forum area, please move it. And please dont delete this. I'm doing this for everyone not just myself. Thanks.

Add your own personal forums also, will help your website traffic.. you help us by adding your links and we help you by bring more chance of more visits to your website.. even add websites forums taht you regualry visit or know off

Marius24
11-06-2003, 09:24 PM
i like the website, great idea! Only thing i dont like is that the text forum search looks about wierd, asif it doesnt fit in.

part from that it looks great :D

Illuminati
11-06-2003, 09:28 PM
I'll admit - I never thought/saw of the idea of a forum search before. Though the logic behind it is simple - This may become a good engine if it can cope.

But chances are that Google might nick the idea and add it along with the Image and News searches :lol:

I.am
11-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Neat Idea.
Btw, for klite you have Forum Type as phbb. This is based on IPB (invision power board). It was on phpbb ages ago. So you might want to change it if you can.

I.am
11-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@6 November 2003 - 16:28
But chances are that Google might nick the idea and add it along with the Image and News searches :lol:
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/idea.gif I want google to take care of all my search needs :lol:

silent2k
11-06-2003, 09:32 PM
yeah.. i'll change that.. we are jsut trying to get it running first.. get a decent amount.. the website has stuff still to be done on it.. but thanks for your comments... check it out and add your own.. any mistakes will be changed, so dont worry, as for my mistake about the board type.. i will fix that soon, so just keep checking back..

www.forumsearch.org

Thanks again

I.am
11-07-2003, 03:37 AM
No problemo.
Just a hint about posting your link. If you post it more than one time its called spam :P So one is enough, dont post it each time ;)

Goodluck!
I.am

Illuminati
11-07-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by I.am@7 November 2003 - 04:37
No problemo.
Just a hint about posting your link. If you post it more than one time its called spam :P So one is enough, dont post it each time ;)

Goodluck!
I.am
He has got a point.

But there is a loophole - It is acceptable to put the site's link in your signature but it isn't to just post the link around. Kinda an encouragement to post more then, as the more you post around the forum the more it gets around (I mean constructive posts! ;))

Just a thought :D