PDA

View Full Version : Great new SSD RapidPeer Package, so far so good

seeder22
11-25-2010, 08:09 AM
my exp date was up on one of my 2 xirivk seedboxes (WHICH ARE GREAT BTW) but i wanted to move to France, OVH so i decided to add to my current rapidpeer seedbox (gold 140gb, very happy with it) and try out their 750gb new offer (shared). i paid and got my info immediately with no delay or setup, and im still impressed with the speeds, for a 5 person shared box im getting full 100mbit download speeds (to be expected) but on upload i've seen 10 MB/sec and it stabilized out around 7 MB/sec...we shall see if it lasts.

i seed sometimes 500 small music files so i needed a small, fast (SSD) seedbox to accommodate this (the 750GB one i got is only for huge torrent packages since it becomes hard to sort with 500 small files in there).

so i shot support a question if they have any ssd based boxes, to my surprise i got a reply almost instantly saying they do have SSD boxes but they are request only...so 20$ later i have a SSD 50GB seedbox that is FAST..EVERYTING IS FAST, loading my 500 music torrents was a breeze since they have some ulitily that allows you to upload a single ZIP file of your torrents..this was such a plus.

anyway..i'll update this in a few days to see if im still happy with both my new RP seedboxes. so far so good though lets hope the speeds stay up.

Thelen
11-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Yea SSD based systems are definitely what you need if you want lots of files and ZIP/RAR/SFV type stuff. Normal servers just can't handle it. Having said that, for the price you pay you could just get a normal server with 3x as many disks, giving 5x the space, for the same price, but w/e :D

seeder22
11-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Thelen, PLEASE show me where i can get a SSD seedbox for 20$ "with 3x as many disks, giving 5x the space, for the same price"

You do know ssd drives are more expensive than HDD's?

Thelen
11-26-2010, 12:49 AM
You can't, I was saying you can get a server with normal SATA.

seeder22
11-26-2010, 02:51 AM
yea ofcorse, but as the topic states i clearly wanted an ssd and had specific reasons,

anyway speeds still look great 10.3 MB/sec up on the ssd, 7.6MB/s on the big 750GB.

Thelen
11-26-2010, 05:46 AM
And my point is that your reasons for wanting SSD can be delivered via SATA at a fraction of the cost (or the same cost but 5x the disk). But w/e, if you think you know best :)

nilingyi
12-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Your 10M/s speed is the speed between OVH box?our between your box and other server box except OVH?

seeder22
12-13-2010, 05:24 AM
10 Mb/sec is for torrents, i get about 6 MB/sec to my house