View Full Version : Overall Who Makes The Best Laptops

ultimatejester
11-06-2003, 10:21 PM
IBM

Dell

Toshiba

Acer

Other (please post)

I am getting tired of my Dell 650Cpx, i think i will go with Sony this time.

3rd gen noob
11-06-2003, 10:31 PM
might as well add alienware for those with far too much money

Schuler
11-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Sony Vaio's and Toshiba's are very nice. Voodoo make very nice laptops, great tweaking and customization on their part, very sleek looking. It depends if you're looking for a "desktop replacement" or a totally mobile solution. But those brands are nice. I've also heard good things about Fujitsu.

ultimatejester
11-06-2003, 10:44 PM
I will be going to University soon so i wanna a buy a super computer :D and i want it to last for about 3 years. Thts y i sed money doesnt matter.

Isnt alienware popluar for gaming.

3rd gen noob
11-06-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by ultimatejester@6 November 2003 - 22:44
Isnt alienware popluar for gaming.
yeah, alienware like to ridiculously overcharge for gaming machines...

Schuler
11-06-2003, 10:50 PM
Alienware is a gaming computer and so are voodoos, For that kind of money I'd go with voodoo as opposed to alienware. And by what do you mean by "super computer? If you want a beast of a laptop that has the best video card, fastest processor etc etc and price won't matter, and really aren't interesting is great battery life (2 hours MAX) You'd probably go with Voodoo. I've also seen Centrino solutions with top cards, I think there are 9600 pros with Centrino's which will increase your battery life significantly.

wienerschnitzel
11-07-2003, 02:24 AM
If your looking for a small laptop with a long battery life i would get the Sony PCG-TR2AP3. ( http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....puters_TRSeries (http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=izLNXdqZ-uLNX-UyixzHVpWU8lF76Bq2d9U=?ProductSKU=PCGTR2AP3&Dept=cpu&CategoryName=cpu_VAIONotebookComputers_TRSeries) ). It has a built in wireless LAN which your college most likely has and the wide screen makes it great for watching movies. It also has a burner and a built in camera and has up to 7 hours of battery life.

If your going for power and gaming get the latest alienware.

Smith
11-09-2003, 12:35 AM
sorry alienware owns all laptops, falcon makes some nice ones 2..i think ;)

bigdawgfoxx
11-09-2003, 12:38 AM
Alienware and Voodoo are awesome. Dell is very nice. Stear WAY clear of HP and Compaq....we wont go into that. My friends sony is nice, and comes with alot of great and fun software for a very good price. I would go sony