PDA

View Full Version : megaupload

kukushka
12-01-2010, 05:50 PM
shiiiiiet... they completely changed, introduced new crapware (megakey) and the worst thing is that ll link renewing script stopped to work.... i'm shocked.

anon
12-01-2010, 05:55 PM
shiiiiiet... they completely changed

There's no captcha now, but the rest looks more or less the same to me. :unsure:

The mgr_dl.php trick also works fine if that's what you meant.

whatcdfan
12-01-2010, 06:08 PM
shiiiiiet... they completely changed

There's no captcha now, but the rest looks more or less the same to me. :unsure:

The mgr_dl.php trick also works fine if that's what you meant.

mgr_dl.php aint working

anon
12-01-2010, 06:11 PM
I used it one minute before making that post. It worked.

kukushka
12-02-2010, 04:19 PM
the thing i was talking about, it was a link renewing script to prevent files that you upped there from expiring on regular accounts... but looks like mu just don't delete user files for the last couple of years. so i guess my links will survive without additional help for the moment....

anon
12-02-2010, 05:08 PM
the thing i was talking about, it was a link renewing script to prevent files that you upped there from expiring on regular accounts...

Oh, I see. :)

I've read on a local forum that they're allowing simultaneous downloads for free users, also. Can anyone confirm this? I don't have anything from MU I want to download right now. :idunno:

heiska
12-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Yup, apparently they do allow multiple simultaneus downloads for free users and no captcha. I leeched 4 400-1000MB files at the same time maxing out my 10 Mb line nicely.

Btw they also allow free users to pause/resume downloads, nice.

anon
12-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Thank you for confirming that, those are very nice changes for free users. :)

jkl49
12-03-2010, 10:28 PM
I've always loved Megaupload. In my opinion, it's always been the best overall filehost site for free users and I don't ever see it being beaten in certain aspects, mainly in speed and filesize.

There were actually times in the past that they allowed simultaneous downloads for free users as well, I used to use it a lot before there were things like Jdownloader, or at least before I knew of them. At one point it was like that for almost a full year. It may have had something to do with files being hosted on different internal servers, or maybe it was regional based on country or location. I just know I took advantage of it like crazy while it lasted. I still always find it faster in general to get just one file at a time though, especially if you have a good connection, but this new change could be really useful when you just need to grab a couple files quickly and then step away from the PC in the meantime.

torres90
12-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Thank you for confirming that

Sushi007
12-10-2010, 05:11 PM
They are updating the database to reduce any hacking attempts..............................
Its 2010 man......................................

anon
12-10-2010, 05:54 PM
They are updating the database to reduce any hacking attempts..............................

Explain yourself.

I do know that too many failed login attempts will place a soft ban in your IP, but that was on the "old" Megaupload already. The account cracking communities have adapted to the new MU almost immediately, so if they want to play a cat-and-mouse game, then so be it. :idunno: