PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Pedros

izkrys
12-03-2010, 12:02 AM
yeah, i know, it's almost impossible to get an invite there for me, person without my CDs (no, i have some, but i think it's not p*'s format) and without seedbox
but... but why couldn't i try? =)
i'm honest BitTorrent community member and could provide some ratioproofs

Stabber
12-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Btw what's your music taste because at pedro's it has mostly classic rock and jazz

izkrys
12-03-2010, 12:21 AM
i know, and i prefer classic rock (Lou Reed, Quireboys, Kinks) =) sometimes i'd like to listen to jazz, but no, i don't want p*'s to find jazz
i have some other tastes, but it's not p*'s
of course, smth i already have and smth i hope to find

CleverMan
12-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Seedbox is definetly the last thing you need there man.

izkrys
12-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Seedbox is definetly the last thing you need there man.

i don't have it, is it increase my chances? i think no =(

anon
12-03-2010, 11:33 AM
What's the problem with writing "Pedro's" in the thread title? "P*" could be that, PussyTorrents or PolishTracker.

If you know how to make FLAC rips with EAC and upload them, then try your luck with LW's invite application, they're a very nice and growing lossless tracker:
https://losslessworld.info/singapp.php

izkrys
12-03-2010, 12:00 PM
anon-sbi
i think i should respect others paranoia
thanks for LW =)

IdolEyes787
12-03-2010, 12:33 PM
i know, and i prefer classic rock (Lou Reed,Quireboys.....)

:unsure:

I find it hard to fathom that the mainstay of The Velvet Underground and a Poison knock- off band could ever be lumped in the same category.
Somewhere Sid Vicious is rolling over in his grave.

izkrys
12-03-2010, 12:50 PM
IdolEyes787
i don't know what knock-off means, but i think i get what you wanted to say
maybe i should write "i prefer rock"
i didn't try to put them in the same category (now i see how it looks), i just listed some groups i like

hope Sid Vicious is rolling back in his grave =)

IdolEyes787
12-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Don't look at me I don't know anything about music , other than I like some of it and don't some other of it.
Btw good luck on the request , I personally feel that any honest person should be able to belong to any tracker they want , regardless of the reason.

izkrys
12-03-2010, 01:10 PM
IdolEyes787
thanks =)

izkrys
12-14-2010, 10:16 PM
up this thread
i heard there are some extra inv. on P****, so maybe somebody could invite me =)

DeadPoet
12-14-2010, 10:28 PM
There are lot of invites flouting around, especially now on christmas time.

You don't need to have a huge CD collection, seedbox and whatnot. The main issue with new member who comes in is that they are not actually downloading a thing.
What they do is log in some times a week, grab some torrent to get they ratio a bit higher and that's all. All those requests 'bout loving FLAC is full of bullshit. What tracker need is active members. Those who actually download something, want to learn to make a proper rips (they have great tutorials on forum), not again some infant who's looking for a new e-penis enlarger as the old one doesn't seem to work anymore.
Be honest to yourself and others and you may be lucky.

Good luck.

ScottK
12-14-2010, 11:11 PM
What they do is log in some times a week, grab some torrent to get they ratio a bit higher and that's all. All those requests 'bout loving FLAC is full of bullshit.
Be honest to yourself and others and you may be lucky.
Good luck.

:yup:

i once help someone getting there with reason love flac, want become uploader, blah..blah...
what happen then = what you written.

Waddafocky
12-14-2010, 11:21 PM
I love flac gimme P* and E* plzus. I alwus uploding bestest MP3 so I <3 P*

For serious, I hope you get your invite izkrys, you look like a legitimate honest guy to me.

ca_aok
12-15-2010, 12:37 AM
i once help someone getting there with reason love flac, want become uploader, blah..blah...
what happen then = what you written.
Precisely. Back when I had uploader status there (I let it lapse a few months ago as I'm away from my physical media) I'd invite people once a month. They'd often have plenty of FLAC snatches elsewhere, know how to rip and upload properly, etc. But they just let their accounts lapse. It's not a site nor a community for everyone, and if you don't have a very specific reason for wanting to be there, you'll be just fine with What/Waffles or even Demonoid/Rutracker. I've got maybe 2/15 people in my tree there that actually uploaded anything and most have downloaded less than 10GB.

Just out of curiosity, are you a member at other music trackers, and if so, what's wrong with their collections of lossless music?

KFlint
12-15-2010, 01:08 AM
P*? :mellow:

Renamed the title to Pedros, no point at all using those wildcards here.

Cabalo
12-15-2010, 03:38 AM
P*? :mellow:

Renamed the title to Pedros, no point at all using those wildcards here.
Because he doesn't want to break the tracker's rules.

:shifty:

KFlint
12-15-2010, 03:55 AM
Very delicate attention he had, sadly he didn't know that I like replacing all those damn **** :whistling

izkrys
12-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Just out of curiosity, are you a member at other music trackers, and if so, what's wrong with their collections of lossless music?
i have what/waffles, there are great lossless collection =), but i can't find there some albums (want a list? john hoskinson any album, Little Richard, Carl Perkins (there are some on what, but not all) and some more ;) )
of course i can live without p* but with p* better =)

and no, i don't want to find "new e-penis", i want p* because it's great tracker, but they have rule like "do not upload our releases somewhere else" (of course, if they haven't this rule they won't be so great tracker :) ), so some music are only on p*

Quarterquack
12-15-2010, 08:04 AM
john hoskinson any album

No Torrents Found
No .torrents were found based on your search criteria.

Little Richard

Little Richard - The Rill Thing (1970) [FLAC]

I'll give you that one. What/Rutracker didn't have this one.

Carl Perkins

Carl Perkins - The Essential Sun Collection (1999) [FLAC]

Found on Rutracker and What.cd.

Pedro's isn't as diverse as you might think. What.CD boasts 30 times as much FLAC content, as Pedro's does in total albums. I will admit I love the mood of the place, and had I had the time I would've applied to be an uploader there because the place deserves my giving back to them, but honestly, you're much more likely finding rock on websites like What.CD and Rutracker.

ca_aok
12-15-2010, 02:32 PM
To be fair if you only count the so-called "Perfect" FLAC at What it's only 5x more.

But yeah, you don't really join Pedro's looking for lots of rare albums you can't find at What. I've barely ever used the search function there. Most of the time you download new stuff as the uploaders release it, just for the sake of trying new music.

izkrys
12-20-2010, 08:39 PM
ringhunter, thanks
hope you won't forget about your offer =)
i'm not suprised, that i didn't get an invite
anyway thread is closed

hope moderators will delete this thread, or at least rename to p* =)