PDA

View Full Version : Unfair Laws For Minors

Terminator
11-07-2003, 02:09 AM
i need an unfair law regarding minors for my homework. Anyone got one?

UKMan
11-07-2003, 02:12 AM
Yepp:
Paragraph 32a, subsection 2, ammendment 1a:
#There are no Unfair Laws for minors!

Peace
UKLawMan

Terminator
11-07-2003, 02:13 AM
exactly, its hard trying to find an unfair one. I need oine thats unfair.

Spindulik
11-07-2003, 02:20 AM
Here's one.

You can be 18 years old and die for your country by enlisting into the army, yet you cannot have any alcohol beverage until you are 21.

JONNO_CELEBS
11-07-2003, 02:21 AM
Yeah I got one

Why is it that a 17 year old is classed as a child/minor and can only be charged for serious offences such as murder as a child?
Yet that same child can leagally drive a 3ltr Ferrari?

Does this mean we have thousands of children driving cars?

(Of course this does'nt apply in all countries)

Jonno B)

UKMan
11-07-2003, 02:23 AM
Check this site out:

h**p://www.lawforkids.org/

Hope it helps you out.

Peace
UKMan

Terminator
11-07-2003, 02:26 AM
thanks

Darth Sushi
11-07-2003, 02:32 AM
The penal system in the U.S. (varies from state to state) allow minors to be charged as adults based on the severity of the crime, instead of your age.

Billy_Dean
11-07-2003, 07:20 AM
Court case against water pistol boy thrown out

A 10-year-old boy taken to court because he fired a water pistol at a woman has had the case against him thrown out.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, did not attend the hearing at Weymouth Youth Court, Dorset.

The youngster was summoned to answer a charge of assault on the woman in Sherborne, Dorset, in April this year. He is at the youngest age to be prosecuted in a court.

The Crown Prosecution Service told the court there was insufficient evidence to continue with the case and it was thrown out.

The woman in her 50s called police after the 10-year-old fired the water pistol at her in Sherborne.

Two police officers went to the youngster's house where his mother told him off and confiscated the pistol, but refused to let her son be cautioned by police for the "offence".

Frances Crook, director of the Howard League for Penal Reform, said the case had been a terrible waste of public funds.

She accused the Government of being obsessed about criminalising youngsters for such behaviour when it failed to act effectively in cases concerning corporate manslaughter, domestic violence and tax fraud.

Source (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_831977.html?menu=)

:)

sparsely
11-07-2003, 07:52 AM
I'd say the drinking age in the US would be a good one.
There's absolutely no reason it should be any higher than 19.

leonidas
11-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Sparsely@7 November 2003 - 08:52
I'd say the drinking age in the US would be a good one.
There's absolutely no reason it should be any higher than 19.
In France drinking alcohol it's prohibited till 18. But the kid and his parents don't risk anything if they caught him drinking. I had my first drunked night at 16. (Not a so young age to sart drinking in France :lol: )

masta.z
11-07-2003, 05:16 PM
how about the fact (in britain) you have to pay taxes to a government you can't even vote for between 16 and 18

Money Fist
11-07-2003, 05:38 PM
Whats is the world coming too
also i think Americans have it bad (im UK)

having to wait until 21 to drink

i know none of them follow them rules
i mean WHO WOULD!

kurtsl0an
11-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Fiber@7 November 2003 - 17:38
Whats is the world coming too
also i think Americans have it bad (im UK)

having to wait until 21 to drink

i know none of them follow them rules
i mean WHO WOULD!
no1 here does, and then when you can finally legally drink - you don't want to as much! it does suck!

i also agree w/spindulik....i was in the marines and old enuf 2 be sent to war and die....but not old enough to DRINK BEER???? WTF?

they should at least make a law that if you're in the military, you can drink when your 18 - i'm sure that would give us more service members - :lol:

MagicNakor
11-08-2003, 12:35 AM
You know, most countries don't have a law that prohibits drinking until 21. Usually it's lower than that. ;)

:ninja: