PDA

View Full Version : Google Nexus S

Skiz
12-08-2010, 02:23 AM
The Nexus S will be the first to run Android 2.3, packed with many features like improved copy-paste and VOIP support. The phone has a 4″ curved glass display, and runs a zippy 1GHz CPU. :O

tech specs - http://www.google.com/nexus/#!/tech-specs

If you'd like to waste two minutes of your life, see the below video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxUXulxE5o0

mR.d@hLa!
12-08-2010, 02:36 PM
nice design, dated hardware unfortunately =(

Edit: And I simply donīt like android, I just donīt know why, always seems clumpy to me. Windows Phone 7 in January, yay =)

Skiz
12-08-2010, 11:46 PM
How do you figure the hardware is "dated"? :blink:

tesco
12-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Why does it have a curved glass display?
Besides what teh purpose of it is, isn't that just asking for a ton of scratches on the peak of the curve as well as the glass being more prone to cracking from a drop?

That commercial is so wierd. :lol:

Quarterquack
12-12-2010, 08:57 PM
How do you figure the hardware is "dated"? :blink:

It's dated because phones are already coming out with dual core specs.

Why does it have a curved glass display?
Besides what teh purpose of it is, isn't that just asking for a ton of scratches on the peak of the curve as well as the glass being more prone to cracking from a drop?

When Palm did the same, I believe the mentality was to ensure that the phone fits snugly in your hand and comfortably curves around your cheeks for better calls (which frankly means fuck-all when all editions of the phone don't come with carrier specific radio firmware versions).

As for the phone itself: Seems like a nice piece of hardware, but with phones like the N8 and the HTC Mozart on/coming to the market, it hardly seems justifiable releasing a rehash of an old concept/phone just because.

mR.d@hLa!
12-18-2010, 09:47 AM
It's dated because phones are already coming out with dual core specs.

That and camera ainīt upper level either

Expeto
12-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Fucking google, that sons of bitches, only those ass-clowns can call a linux based device "pure google"