PDA

View Full Version : Sorkin/Palin

clocker
12-08-2010, 04:22 PM
This morning Aaron Sorkin wrote about Sarah Palin's "hunting" trip on her reality show.
Read the piece here. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-sorkin/sarah-palin-killing-animals_b_793600.html)

IMO, it's about time that eloquence and outrage were joined in a takedown of this hateful bitch screeching harpy hateful harridan.

sandman_1
12-08-2010, 04:50 PM
This morning Aaron Sorkin wrote about Sarah Palin's "hunting" trip on her reality show.
Read the piece here. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-sorkin/sarah-palin-killing-animals_b_793600.html)

IMO, it's about time that eloquence and outrage were joined in a takedown of this hateful bitch.

Hateful bitch? LOL, I have never seen anyone in my life who has been constantly berated month after month by the media. It is really funny. The more lip service you guys give her, the more popular she becomes. Ever heard of, "Any publicity is good publicity"?

And why would anyone care if she hunts? Like people don't hunt? Most people hunt because they actually use the animal as food. Also like in my state, it is helps keep the deer population under control.

Some idiot on Headline News was saying, "OMG it is so violent!!!" How is it anymore violent than watching a pack of lions taking down a Buffalo and then devouring it while it is alive? Geez what a bunch of fucking pussies.

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

That's what it should mean.

devilsadvocate
12-08-2010, 08:15 PM
So is your problem that she went hunting or that she went hunting for her TV show?

The columnist may very well have a point about the reason she had the cameras there and the giddiness she apparently showed, I haven't seen the clip so I don't know, but the outrage he displays takes away any semblance of eloquence he may have intended.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Why do you hate women so much as to call them "bitches"? Surely you haven't lowered yourself to that of common street thug wannabe rappers. Bitches and hoes, right?

Could probably find the same amount of "eloquence" in a junkie hangout.

clocker
12-09-2010, 12:01 AM
So is your problem that she went hunting or that she went hunting for her TV show?

No, my problem is that while masquerading as a outdoors enthusiast, Palin killed a caribou for what amounts to a political ad.
When Greta Van Susteren visited Palin for her softball campaign interview, Todd had to call around to find someone with moosemeat so Sarah could make her "famous" moose chili.
If Palin wanted to show what real subsistence hunting is all about she could have aired the squirrel gutting scene from Winter's Bone.

devilsadvocate
12-09-2010, 01:22 AM
No, my problem is that while masquerading as a outdoors enthusiast, Palin killed a caribou for what amounts to a political ad.
When Greta Van Susteren visited Palin for her softball campaign interview, Todd had to call around to find someone with moosemeat so Sarah could make her "famous" moose chili.
If Palin wanted to show what real subsistence hunting is all about she could have aired the squirrel gutting scene from Winter's Bone.
So it's her hunting for a TV show.

One would need to be extremely gullible to believe Palin is a frontierswoman, but given that absolutely everything she does is a self promoting ego trip, I'm at a loss as to why this particular thing is raising so many heckles.

If she was shooting wolves from a helicopter I would share you apparent disgust.

Is she only allowed to make moose chili if she shot the moose herself?

clocker
12-09-2010, 01:35 AM
If she was shooting wolves from a helicopter I would share you apparent disgust.
What's the difference?

No.
The implication during the segment is that the Palins- rugged outdoorfolk that they are(n't)- shot/dressed the meat themselves.

devilsadvocate
12-09-2010, 01:57 AM
What's the difference?
I haven't been hunting for many years, but I would go for something we would eat. Usually something not readily available in stores or available only at a high price. I'd pay the local butcher to cut up the carcass into various cuts and we would have a good supply of meat for some time to come. I see this as natural hunting for food and less cruel than what many animals go through with intensive animal farming.
I don't see it as being the same as shooting animals just for fun. I think British fox hunting is barbaric and view shooting wolves from a helicopter when they are not going to be eaten in the same way. Just like big game hunters shooting lions so they could have a trophy on their wall.

No.
The implication during the segment is that the Palins- rugged outdoorfolk that they are(n't)- shot/dressed the meat themselves. Are you implying that they never have?

clocker
12-09-2010, 02:33 AM
No, I'm sure she has, once or twice.
Certainly not for the last few years though.

sandman_1
12-09-2010, 03:02 AM
Clocker who gives a shit about Sarah Palin man. If you don't like the show, don't watch it, if you have that is. I have never seen so much vitriol over 1 fucking person.

I have never watched the show, well except to check it out for a few minutes one time. I do not keep up with the latest Sarah Palin this or that. She is playing you people like a fricking piano and you guys are being pulled in hook-line-and-sink.

The thing I have a huge problem with, is all the fuss over hunting. I mean if she got the proper permits and such for that state, who says she can't hunt? And who cares if she does it for a show. That guy on Headline News last night had me rolling. Po' PETA mad at Sarah. Whatever will we do!

clocker
12-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Clocker who gives a shit about Sarah Palin man.
If you don't think she's going to make a serious run at the Presidency in 2012, you're blind.
That's why attention must be paid.

sandman_1
12-09-2010, 04:13 AM
Clocker who gives a shit about Sarah Palin man.
If you don't think she's going to make a serious run at the Presidency in 2012, you're blind.
That's why attention must be paid.

She isn't electable. It would be the "lefts" dream to have her run because that would almost guarantee the reelection of Obama.

clocker
12-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Barring an economic miracle- which the right will do absolutely everything possible to prevent-Obama is already unelectable.
Look at the overflowing basket of crazypants teadregs that popped out of nowhere this cycle and despair because it's only going to get worse.

Christine O'Donnell- a woman with no visible means of support, zero qualifications and the intelligence of a hamster- was the single largest campaign fundraiser this midterm.
Now that the Supremes have invited corporations to openly buy elections, the travesty of 2000 will look pristine in comparison to the coming 2012 debacle.

Money talks, everything else walks.

devilsadvocate
12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Barring an economic miracle- which the right will do absolutely everything possible to prevent-Obama is already unelectable.
Look at the overflowing basket of crazypants teadregs that popped out of nowhere this cycle and despair because it's only going to get worse.

Christine O'Donnell- a woman with no visible means of support, zero qualifications and the intelligence of a hamster- was the single largest campaign fundraiser this midterm.
Now that the Supremes have invited corporations to openly buy elections, the travesty of 2000 will look pristine in comparison to the coming 2012 debacle.

Money talks, everything else walks.

Choosing Palin as a running mate, along with what seemed like a panicky campaign in general, cost McCain the election, I.M.O.
Palin was being sold as something which I for one found to be far from reality and her rhetoric during the campaign didn't leave the impression that she was a competent person in touch with reality.

Since then she quit being governor before the job was over to ride the financial gravy train of self promoted infamy. She is an attention seeker and you are giving her attention when it's not deserved.

If you feel she is going to be the candidate and attention needs to be payed, then you need to keep your own credibility and deal with real issues and not her shooting a moose on a "reality" show.

I realize America has attention problems, but you think this is the issue? Really?

clocker
12-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Since when have "real issues" made any difference in American politics?
Since when has the information about "real issues" been available to the public so an informed conversation was possible?

12-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Clocker who gives a shit about Sarah Palin man. If you don't like the show, don't watch it, if you have that is. I have never seen so much vitriol over 1 fucking person.

I have never watched the show, well except to check it out for a few minutes one time. I do not keep up with the latest Sarah Palin this or that. She is playing you people like a fricking piano and you guys are being pulled in hook-line-and-sink.

The thing I have a huge problem with, is all the fuss over hunting. I mean if she got the proper permits and such for that state, who says she can't hunt? And who cares if she does it for a show. That guy on Headline News last night had me rolling. Po' PETA mad at Sarah. Whatever will we do!

I agree with you. I have never seen so much vitriol and outright hatred over one person. I think the reason the left hates her so much is because they thought they had women voters on their side, and here is a conservative woman standing in the way of their agenda, so she must be destroyed. And as usual from the left-- including the lefties on this forum-- rather than attacking what she stands for, they attack her personally, hurling personal insults at her.

clocker
12-09-2010, 04:14 PM
I have never seen so much vitriol and outright hatred over one person.
You've heard of Obama, right?

12-09-2010, 04:21 PM
I have never seen so much vitriol and outright hatred over one person.
You've heard of Obama, right?

Unlike Palin, he has always had the media (CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS) on his side. He can do no wrong in their eyes.

clocker
12-09-2010, 04:26 PM
So, you don't watch television either.

12-09-2010, 04:29 PM
So, you don't watch television either.

?n'yeah?

devilsadvocate
12-09-2010, 06:24 PM
I agree with you. I have never seen so much vitriol and outright hatred over one person. She who lives by the sword, dies by the sword. From the moment she hit the national stage she has been a vitriol spewing machine. She is reaping what she sowed.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-09-2010, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=999969999;3537722]
....she has been a vitriol spewing machine....

She's a democrat?

clocker
12-09-2010, 10:36 PM
No, she wasn't smart enough to pass the entrance exam.

devilsadvocate
12-09-2010, 10:43 PM
HMPL is still having trouble with accurate quoting I see

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I agree with you. I have never seen so much vitriol and outright hatred over one person. She who lives by the sword, dies by the sword. From the moment she hit the national stage she has been a vitriol spewing machine. She is reaping what she sowed.

Is that better?

So....she's a democrat?

devilsadvocate
12-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Is that better?

So....she's a democrat?

Yes much better.

So-

How is she a democrat?

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Is that better?

So....she's a democrat?

Yes much better.

So-

How is she a democrat?

You said she is a vitriol spewing machine, and that seems to be democrats stock and trade lately. You have no further than the first post in this thread to see.

devilsadvocate
12-09-2010, 11:02 PM
You said she is a vitriol spewing machine, and that seems to be democrats stock and trade lately. You have no further than the first post in this thread to see. You must be so puffed up with pride at your self perceived cleverness.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-09-2010, 11:03 PM
You said she is a vitriol spewing machine, and that seems to be democrats stock and trade lately. You have no further than the first post in this thread to see. You must be so puffed up with pride at your self perceived cleverness.

Really don't see why you need to try to personally insult me. Apperciate that leetpira...

sandman_1
12-10-2010, 12:22 AM
[QUOTE=devilsadvocate;3537773]

She's a democrat?

:lol: Thanks for the laugh!!

12-10-2010, 04:08 PM
You must be so puffed up with pride at your self perceived cleverness.

Really don't see why you need to try to personally insult me.

That's the main weapon of the lefties-- personal insults.

They keep calling me a moron, and that must make them feel oh so clever, but hey, they're picking on someone who just recently graduated from high school and has never even taken a college class yet. So, yeah, they probably are smarter than me, but that's not really saying much.

clocker
12-10-2010, 04:19 PM
So, yeah, they probably are smarter than me, but that's not really saying much.
Ah, a glimmer of self-awareness.

12-10-2010, 04:20 PM
So, yeah, they probably are smarter than me, but that's not really saying much.
Ah, a glimmer of self-awareness.

Hey, I never said I was some genius. But my opinions are still valid.

clocker
12-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Opinions, by definition, are neither valid nor invalid.

devilsadvocate
12-10-2010, 05:31 PM
That's the main weapon of the lefties-- personal insults.

They keep calling me a moron, and that must make them feel oh so clever, but hey, they're picking on someone who just recently graduated from high school and has never even taken a college class yet. So, yeah, they probably are smarter than me, but that's not really saying much.Says the boy who calls people he knows nothing about "commies" and to date can't actually explain why they earned the title.

Who called you a moron?

Commenting on you apparent lack of knowledge on subjects you opine isn't the same thing as calling you a moron. Someone with a Mensa range IQ can have a lack of knowledge of any given subject.

Apparently commenting on the poor intellectual quality of a "joke" is classed as an insult to HMPL. He's such a sensitive cherub. But then by his own standards he must be a democrat.

clocker
12-10-2010, 05:34 PM
To be fair, I've probably called him a moron a few times.