PDA

View Full Version : Question About Playstation Iso's

Haz
11-07-2003, 05:51 AM
Ok let me get this straight, if I burn a PSX iso to a cd-r, can I play them on my playstation? sorry if this sounds like a bonehead question, but I've heard you can and I've heard you can't. and I'm a little reluctant to try it til I know for sure.

slammy_dunken
11-07-2003, 05:53 AM
Well you could play them on your PSX, that is, if you have a modchip. If you don't, you coudl try the swap disc trick, but I don't think that's healthy for the PSX. Another method is to download a PSX emulator and play the game on there.

Haz
11-07-2003, 05:58 AM
Oh ok, didnt think about the mod chip thing. I did think about emulation but my I don't think my computer could run a playstation game all that well. but whats this swap disc trick?

Broken
11-07-2003, 06:22 AM
as far as i know the switch method only worked on the first batch of playstations. you could keep the lid open and press down on the sensor for the lid and put a real disk in for load up then another one (a rip) and it would work.

Broken
11-07-2003, 06:26 AM
if you do wanna try an emulator on your computer, bleem is great. It is no longer made though, you'd have to get it off kazaa. not only will it play a ripped copy on a disk but also a real playstation game off a disk.

not sure what happened with them... i think sony bought them.

Stonecoldfreak1
11-07-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Broken@7 November 2003 - 06:26
if you do wanna try an emulator on your computer, bleem is great. It is no longer made though, you'd have to get it off kazaa. not only will it play a ripped copy on a disk but also a real playstation game off a disk.

yeah only problem with bleem tho is that it doesnt play everything well

Broken
11-07-2003, 06:46 AM
i have yet to find one that is flawless...
epsxe is good.

bleem is very good all around. I do believe sony bought them with the intentions of releasing it in the future to try and market it.

Mad Cat
11-07-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Broken@7 November 2003 - 06:26

I seem to remember hearing that Sony sued bleem, or at least shut them down.

RealitY
11-07-2003, 09:52 AM
I play ISO and bin/cue files straight off ePSXe, works fine...
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=62876