PDA

View Full Version : Lossless World Official Review

LosslessWorld
12-24-2010, 12:22 AM
#What can you find?
People with experience in the world of lossless audio (FLAC)
Many uploads which are exclusive to the Lossless World.
EAC or XLD are programs used to create 100% perfect copies reviewed by the team of LW moderators.
Own IRC server (Bonus, Contests etc) irc://irc.losslessworld.org:6667/#llw
FLAC Streaming Radio
+ "Bonus" Scene FLAC

#What are you looking for Lossless World?
We want to broaden our horizon. Above all, we seek music lovers
who are willing to share their collections with us. They must have experience
in working with EAC or XLD to create perfect copies (Test + Copy).
We are also happy to help those who want to share, but don't know how to use these programs. We have guides and highly qualified people we can resolve all issues raised in our help forum, PM or via irc.

Scene Uploaders are welcome.

#What we do not want?
We do not want liars, cheats, leeches (hit & run), traders etc.
They will all be banned.

#How can you access?

Two ways:

-Signup Application -> https://losslessworld.org/singapp.php
Part of the Signup Application:
1) Why should we accept your application?
If you truly love music will have no difficulty in filling this space.
2) Musical background.
I say the same as above.
3) Please copy and paste your .LOG
Please copy and paste your .CUE
This is the most important thing. The copy must be recent.
Do not edit the LOG, we will know if you've been.

-Interview -> irc://irc.losslessworld.org:6667/#llw.join
Staff will ask a series of questions you must answer, along with speed tests or other proof that you are a good user... We have brought other people to access LW: normal users leecher / seeder... even though uploaders are the soul of Lossless World, without them this would not exist.

Greetings.

LW Staff

streetrider
12-26-2010, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the nice review. Great new tracker and the quality of the uploads and artwork scans are superb.

gamesover
12-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Nice to see staff actually posting a review here. It's refreshing when a tracker doesn't go all insane to remain secret. Better just to get your information out there and be open, plus if your staff you can control what gets put in a review.

anon
12-27-2010, 08:17 PM
plus if your staff you can control what gets put in a review.

Someone else can always post another review including whatever they want. :unsure:

About LW itself, it's a pretty nice lossless tracker, and not hard to get in unlike the other two well-known ones. :)

dannyyelly
12-28-2010, 05:59 AM
yeah but for me its hard to get into.. i mean i dont own any CDs, whatever music i have is on my HDD, so i cant upload as per their requirement. I just want to download lossless stuff (already have too much lossy) and of course i can seed forever(its music).. but it looks like they dont want normal users.

anon
12-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Well, the site wants people that know how to make FLAC rips and can upload stuff, or at least that can make them believe the former with the invite application, and upload one rip 24 hours after being invited. :D

If you just want to download lossless stuff, get an invite through Waffles' PU forums (if you have access), or just use What, Waffles, RuTracker, Demonoid, FLACshare, ...

dannyyelly
12-28-2010, 06:17 AM
other than demonoid i m not user of any of these (used to be member of waffles,but lost account when i was away)..demonoid has flacs.. never thought of searching there. hows FLACshare , is it open for normal users ?

anon
12-28-2010, 06:29 AM
hows FLACshare , is it open for normal users ?

It's a DDL forum. Everyone may register. :)

They appear to be down right now, however. :ermm:

Funkin'
12-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Don't forget about Avaxhome. Alot of the rips from the two main FLAC trackers make it to Avaxhome. Plus(one of the main reasons I use it), aksman uploads his vinyls to the site on a regular basis. It's probably the best DDL forum for losselss rips.

dannyyelly
12-28-2010, 11:06 AM
File hosts are not good for me :(
my connection tends to get disconnected now and then ,, and i dont have premium account at any of these filehosts..
plus i think i m connected through a proxy.. (see the pic..http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5480/81623630.png) my ip starts from 10.,, which means i am behind a NAT gateway..
i just hope any of the trackers dont ban me.. if some other user connects using these ip.. i probably will be banned :(

whatcdfan
12-28-2010, 04:18 PM
File hosts are not good for me :(
my connection tends to get disconnected now and then ,, and i dont have premium account at any of these filehosts..
plus i think i m connected through a proxy.. (see the pic..http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5480/81623630.png) my ip starts from 10.,, which means i am behind a NAT gateway..
i just hope any of the trackers dont ban me.. if some other user connects using these ip.. i probably will be banned :(

Have you tried rutracker yet? it has served me better then waffles and what, its open at all times now, and has lots and lost of lossless stuff from around the globe

dannyyelly
12-28-2010, 04:31 PM
well i am too lazy to use google translate everytime (i dont like chrome)
but i guess i dont have any option, so will try rutracker.

anon
12-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Don't forget about Avaxhome. Alot of the rips from the two main FLAC trackers make it to Avaxhome. Plus(one of the main reasons I use it), aksman uploads his vinyls to the site on a regular basis. It's probably the best DDL forum for losselss rips.

Thanks for the info! :)

Trackers won't see the 10.*.*.* IP, which is internal and private, only the one that begins with 210. If your ISP uses the "giant NAT" model where many people share the same external IP address, then you may want to contact your trackers' staff and tell them about this! They should put a note in your profile or somehow flag your account so that you won't be banned.

well i am too lazy to use google translate everytime (i dont like chrome)

Once you're registered, you won't even need a translator most of the time. :)

dannyyelly
12-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Trackers won't see the 10.*.*.* IP, which is internal and private, only the one that begins with 210. If your ISP uses the "giant NAT" model where many people share the same external IP address, then you may want to contact your trackers' staff and tell them about this! They should put a note in your profile or somehow flag your account so that you won't be banned.

that's why i am worried. Already got banned from Myanonamouse but got reinstated after i explained this. But i don't think staff on some trackers will give a damn, basically i am from india which probably means they are already suspicious :angry:

anon
12-28-2010, 05:13 PM
But i don't think staff on some trackers will give a damn, basically i am from india which probably means they are already suspicious :angry:

Well, it's not like you're suspected of cheating or anything, and which duper would go ahead to talk to the staff about it? So I'd suggest you try. :)

LosslessWorld
01-19-2012, 01:01 PM
LossLess World Private Music Tracker.

Tracker aims:
LossLess World is a private music tracker that focuses on lossless audio torrents. Only lossless audio files (flac) are allowed to be uploaded to the tracker and accordingly no lossy formats are allowed (mp3 aac ogg.) LossLess World was launched 1 year and 4 months ago (date written December 2011) The administrators focus for site development has been slowly building a user base that is responsible for seeding torrents, recruiting uploaders with a high attention to detail and writing a secure source code (Nexus).

Content:
The major strength of LossLess World and how it differentiates itself from other private music trackers is the content. LossLess World focuses on torrents which cannot be found on other trackers. Uploaders are encouraged (when appropriate) to mark torrents as exclusive to the tracker and reminds members when downloading, to refrain from uploading torrents to other trackers.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1046/genres.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/genres.jpg/)

The number of torrents uploaded currently sits at 12,223 and covers a wide variety of genres including, Classical, Rock, Alternative, Metal and Jazz.
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3641/trackerstats.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/trackerstats.jpg/)

Uploads can be ripped from a variety of sources. Here are the current allowed: Vinyl rips, CD, SACD, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD DVD, Blu-Spec CD, CD + DVD and Blu-Ray / Audio.

User classes
The user classes are easily defined into the following.
User The default class of new members. limited to 3 slots. If ratio falls under 0.8, Warning will be issued. User has 6 weeks to fix it.
Power User Is considered a good member of LW , Unlimited slots, Able to request custom title, No slot restrictions, No wait time restrictions, If ratio falls under 0.8, Warning will be issued. User has 6 weeks to fix it.
Uploader Same privileges as Power User, Dedicated uploader, Immune to automatic demotion, Unlimited slots, access to Uploaders forum. If ratio falls under 0.8, Warning will be issued. User has 6 weeks to fix it.
Uploader Elite Same privileges as Uploader and is considered an Elite Member of this tracker, access VIP & Uploaders forum Immune to automatic demotion. Unlimited invites VIP Same privileges as Uploader Elite and is considered an Elite Member of this tracker, access VIP & Uploaders forum Immune to automatic demotion. Unlimited invites
The members are governed by the following team, Forum Moderator, Moderator, Administrator, SysOp and Staff Leader.

Donations:
Donations are not mandatory but warmly received by the Administration team to cover server costs upgrades and ongoing maintenance. Donations receive a ‘Gold Star’ next to their user name and also significant privileges on the site. Privileges include upload bonuses, invites, Free Leech and user class.

FreeLeech
Staff are acutely aware of the difficulties members face when maintaining their ratio on private music trackers. In an attempt to reduce the burden of ratio maintenance, all torrents receive a seeding bonus. Upon uploading, each torrent has a 20% chance of being Freeleech, 2x up, 2x up and Free Download, 50% download, 2x Upload and 50% Download and finally 30% download.
Furthermore, when each months donation amount is met the entire site becomes Free Leech.

Forums:
The forums cover a broad range of topics but are currently being focused on the development of guides to support new members and new uploaders.
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7421/forumia.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/forumia.jpg/)
https://losslessworld.info/login.php
Membership can be obtained by invite, IRC channel and donation.
Before contacting team on IRC install Exact Audio Copy, rip a disc, produce a .log and .cue file.
Refer to http://blowfish.be/eac/

aaatoel
02-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Interesting tracker and I guess that the 12,223 torrents seen in the screenshot must be even more by now. Is it true that this site has come from the old Need Music tracker and that the owner is actually the owner of that site, by the nick Geddy Lee?

marklefe
02-15-2012, 12:51 PM
This looks like a good tracker, but in almost 2 years, you have 2000 members, I am complete fine with this, but 1.9k of them are still users... do you have some ridiculous criteria for PU or people are just not active?

anon
02-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Maybe it's sort of hard to reach whatever the requirements are with such a low userbase. :idunno:

aaatoel
02-15-2012, 05:10 PM
I friend of mine, who is a member told me that you can only become for PU when you donate over 25$!!!! :pinch:
And indeed the owner is the formerly known as GeddyLee... A black sheep of the lossless community, banned from many places, including E* and P's. Proceed with caution and at your own risk!

gamesover
02-18-2012, 08:00 PM
I friend of mine, who is a member told me that you can only become for PU when you donate over 25$!!!! :pinch:
And indeed the owner is the formerly known as GeddyLee... A black sheep of the lossless community, banned from many places, including E* and P's. Proceed with caution and at your own risk!

I'm a poweruser there and i never donated. Your friend doesn't know shit.

Not joining a perfectly good tracker because of what other people, most of whom are probably assholes themselves, think of the owner makes you a bit of a sheep. Keep following the herd mentality :rolleyes:

Progress
02-18-2012, 10:22 PM

Not joining a perfectly good tracker because of what other people, most of whom are probably assholes themselves, think of the owner makes you a bit of a sheep. Keep following the herd mentality :rolleyes:

Aatoel is right. 100542

Power User When you donate over 25$. Is considered a good member of LW , Unlimited slots,,"

https://losslessworld.info/faq.php#id23

Besides this a few of their releases (from the sysop) are banned from What and Waffles.

anon
02-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Aatoel is right. 100542

Oh, that settles it.

Shame on me for thinking it was seeding difficulty. :pinch:

aaatoel
02-19-2012, 10:00 AM
@progress: Thanks for proving me right.

As far as the owner, he is banned everywhere and his rips too. What, Waffles, E****, P's... He has been accused that his rips are fake cd-r rips, found mostly in Russian sites like Avax or rutracker! So, I definitely wouldn't call it a perfectly good tracker.

@gamesover: Sheep are known for following what others tell them, without being able to know any better. Just food for thought!

whatcdfan
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM

:pinch:

LosslessWorld
04-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Updated