confirmation.php - done

php file upload - not done

php image upload - not done

any more suggestions ?

or help ..

back to the site design ..

bijoy
12-24-2010, 08:01 AM
go for a full package like tbdev or gazelle as frontend and any php tracker, or xbtt or ocelet as tracker backend.
Only coding some php files is not enough to start a torrent tracker..

gamesover
12-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Sorry it has to be asked, why make another tracker especially if you don't know how to code it? The first thing you need is an experienced coder, otherwise your site won't look good and it will have tons of security flaws. Most people here have enough trackers already, why would they join a tracker that was badly coded. Then you need a dedicated team including a designer, uploaders, experienced mods & admins, and friends who can promote your tracker by getting the word out. Ask yourself a few more questions like what is my niche, what is the purpose of my tracker. If it's just another 0day tracker, a movie or music tracker, there's already way too many of those. Then ask yourself where am I going to host the site, you need a good host (by that I mean a safe host, some countries are better than others for hosting a filesharing site). Where are your donations going to come from to keep the site running? Running a tracker can be very expensive, I've heard some say you should have plenty of your own money saved away to keep your site afloat. It may take your site months, even a year or more, until its established enough to run on its own.

Personally I'm bothered when just anyone thinks they should make a tracker. It's thinning the pool bigtime. There's enough great trackers that are struggling to survive. They can't get donations, there's not enough new members to go around, torrents aren't getting leeched so there's no seeders. It's a common story nowadays. I think this is a new phenomenon, I don't remember there being so many trackers back in the good old days. That's why the trackers you see that are doing the best are the ones that have been around for years or the new ones that have something that the average BT user wants.

Passvvord
12-24-2010, 08:20 AM
go for a full package like tbdev or gazelle as frontend and any php tracker, or xbtt or ocelet as tracker backend.
Only coding some php files is not enough to start a torrent tracker..

i have t o take a look at gazelle ..

bunch of php files .. isnt it ?

Sorry it has to be asked, why make another tracker especially if you don't know how to code it? The first thing you need is an experienced coder, otherwise your site won't look good and it will have tons of security flaws. Most people here have enough trackers already, why would they join a tracker that was badly coded. Then you need a dedicated team including a designer, uploaders, experienced mods & admins, and friends who can promote your tracker by getting the word out. Ask yourself a few more questions like what is my niche, what is the purpose of my tracker. If it's just another 0day tracker, a movie or music tracker, there's already way too many of those. Then ask yourself where am I going to host the site, you need a good host (by that I mean a safe host, some countries are better than others for hosting a filesharing site). Where are your donations going to come from to keep the site running? Running a tracker can be very expensive, I've heard some say you should have plenty of your own money saved away to keep your site afloat. It may take your site months, even a year or more, until its established enough to run on its own.

Personally I'm bothered when just anyone thinks they should make a tracker. It's thinning the pool bigtime. There's enough great trackers that are struggling to survive. They can't get donations, there's not enough new members to go around, torrents aren't getting leeched so there's no seeders. It's a common story nowadays. I think this is a new phenomenon, I don't remember there being so many trackers back in the good old days. That's why the trackers you see that are doing the best are the ones that have been around for years or the new ones that have something that the average BT user wants.

http://www.jrsmith.com/green_building/green_building_images/rain_banner.jpg

my tracker is going to be really special ..

it will have magazine scans ..

old newpaper scans ..

and black and white movies

and

blurays ..

and

old cd's

it even had a fake front page

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5878/indexapk.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/2914481593_7fa98e5cf6.jpg

ScottK
12-24-2010, 08:41 AM
:shifty:

Passvvord
12-24-2010, 08:49 AM
what ?

oh my

look who is here ...

exactly ..

Funkin'
12-24-2010, 09:06 AM
my tracker is going to be really special ..

it will have magazine scans ..

old newpaper scans ..

I would personally stop with that. There's already trackers to get old films, blurays, and cd's from. But a magazine/newspaper tracker(or better yet a DDL forum) would really be great.

Expeto
12-24-2010, 09:07 AM
gamesover and funking pretty much sums it up.

Yet, your question is not even a coding question, which might be forgiveable if it was, you are asking about what pages should a tracked include. It seems like you don't even know what a tracker really is.

Passvvord
12-24-2010, 09:19 AM
signup.php
confirmation.php
login.php
logout.php

will it stay logged in .. and the cookies part is confusing me ..

Duckater
12-24-2010, 09:59 AM
ok you have thought about content and coding thats a good start :)
But have you thought about the other major things needed to run this tracker
1. Money you should make sure you have enough funds to pay for it for at least 6 months as donations are really hard to come by to keep trackers open
2. The time and effort needed for a new tracker is vast m8 if you are alone expect a lot of sleepless nights I had several of those and we had a good team of experienced people that knew one another really well and we all got sleepless nights for a while

Dont get me wrong I am not saying dont do it, but I am saying make sure you are fully prepared for it all

Passvvord
12-24-2010, 02:44 PM
oops the thread looks not so serious ...

thanks Duckater ..

i was wondering how imageshack generates this sort of code

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4249/untitlekun.png

the process.php and form.html are in the same directory ...

everyone calm down ..

the site wont be up until 2012 ..

i am testing my db with md5 encryption ..

these sort of things needs a bit of practice and trust you see ...

<form action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="25000"> Upload Image: <input type="file" name="imgfile">
<font size="1">Click browse to upload a local file</font>
<input type="submit" value="Upload Image">
</form>

that looks a bit incomplete to me ..

does it , to you ?

stoi
12-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Hint.. you will also need a takeupload.php (to validate/put the file where you want etc)

if you are coding this from scratch then you need to be a pro, if not (and it will be very hard if not) grab another tracker software and see what each bit does, then edit/revamp it to what you want.

Ev0
12-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Dont feed the troll people

Passvvord
12-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Hint.. you will also need a takeupload.php (to validate/put the file where you want etc)

if you are coding this from scratch then you need to be a pro, if not (and it will be very hard if not) grab another tracker software and see what each bit does, then edit/revamp it to what you want.

thanks .. something makes a lot of sense all of a sudden ..

yes yes ..

i have a bit of time .. i will try both ..

anon
12-24-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't know you, but I'd never join a tracker run by J-Dye. :idunno:

This thread did get a lot of useful feedback, however.

Passvvord
12-24-2010, 05:55 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7486/16933360.png

i have a doubt ..

i was staring at this demonoid page and wondering why the torrent_upload.php5 isnt changing to anything else ..

when i click the next step >>

or

<<go back

?

http://0.tqn.com/d/g/18472.jpg

tesco
12-24-2010, 07:32 PM
oops the thread looks not so serious ...

thanks Duckater ..

i was wondering how imageshack generates this sort of code

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4249/untitlekun.png

the process.php and form.html are in the same directory ...

everyone calm down ..

the site wont be up until 2012 ..

i am testing my db with md5 encryption ..

these sort of things needs a bit of practice and trust you see ...

<form action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="25000"> Upload Image: <input type="file" name="imgfile">
<font size="1">Click browse to upload a local file</font>
<input type="submit" value="Upload Image">
</form> that looks a bit incomplete to me ..

does it , to you ?
If that doesn't make any sense to you then how do you expect to code a tracker yourself?
Accepting file uploads is not very hard to do at all, but there are a lot of security concerns to deal with...

Just go find something already made, install that to your server, and use the time you would have wasted attempting to code a tracker to instead customize the look and layout of the existing tracker software... like tbdev or gazelle which were mentioned already.

enoughfakefiles
12-24-2010, 08:57 PM
If that doesn't make any sense to you then how do you expect to code a tracker yourself?
Accepting file uploads is not very hard to do at all, but there are a lot of security concerns to deal with...

Just go find something already made, install that to your server, and use the time you would have wasted attempting to code a tracker to instead customize the look and layout of the existing tracker software... like tbdev or gazelle which were mentioned already.

But you've banned him :unsure:

tesco
12-25-2010, 02:23 AM

But you've banned him :unsure:I did not. :O
He'll be back anyway, he always comes back.