PDA

View Full Version : What Dumbells Do You Use And Recommend

xbballplaya223x
11-07-2003, 07:43 PM
what dumbells do you use and recommend for maximum bicep strength.
20pounds, 25pounds or 30 pounds.

kurtsl0an
11-07-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by xbballplaya223x@7 November 2003 - 19:43
u want mass or definition? mass, use the 30's w/less reps. definition, use the 20's w/a ton of reps.

i prefer definition, but after usin 20's for a few months, u'll need to move up 2 the 30's....

xbballplaya223x
11-07-2003, 07:54 PM
thanks ;) do you know an good forums to learn about weight training, etc

kurtsl0an
11-07-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by xbballplaya223x@7 November 2003 - 19:54
thanks ;)  do you know an good forums to learn about weight training, etc
nope, i lift on my own and since i don't wanna b a big stupid musclehead, i don't get into it that much....sorry.

EDIT: PM musleman and ask him some specifics....apparently - he's a big huge freak nugget - :huh:

UKMan
11-07-2003, 08:39 PM
Using your own body weight is the best way so:
Pushups with a nice respectable partner underneath will increase your biceps no end :D

PS: Its a give and take thing, so change positions with your partner after every 50 or so ;)

Peace
UKBicepsMan

Skweeky
11-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by UKMan@7 November 2003 - 21:39
Pushups with a nice respectable partner underneath will increase your biceps no end :D

PS: Its a give and take thing, so change positions with your partner after every 50 or so ;)

Peace
UKBicepsMan
oh...I thought the one at the bottom just had to be there, preferably legs open :huh:

Kunal
11-07-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by xbballplaya223x@7 November 2003 - 19:43
for you 0.5grams! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit oh wait that might be to heavy, lets try 0.0001grams :lol: :lol:

Smooch
11-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Just use two large tins of baked beans ;)

imported_computerfreak76
11-07-2003, 09:26 PM
i use 50 pounders now but started off with 30 pounders.

but whatever you use be careful its easier to tear a bicep muscle than you think it is and very VERY painful. just make sure your comfortable with whatever weight you use too much can be bad as well as not enough.

Darth Sushi
11-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Don't worry about the total weight. Worry about the weight you can control using the correct form. Food, training, and rest must all be in balance to make good gains.

UKMan
11-07-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky+7 November 2003 - 21:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skweeky @ 7 November 2003 - 21:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan@7 November 2003 - 21:39
Pushups with a nice respectable partner underneath will increase your biceps no end&nbsp; :D

PS: Its a give and take thing, so change positions with your partner after every 50 or so&nbsp; ;)

Peace
UKBicepsMan
oh...I thought the one at the bottom just had to be there, preferably legs open :huh: [/b][/quote]
no no no Skweeky - thats old fashioned. Ladies need to train their biceps too (if thats what they&#39;re called on females of course). You see, everyone thinks they need to buy all this expensive stuff just to train muscles, when in reality, nature has provided the perfect training gym - your own body. Its a proven fact that making love is one of the best ways to keep the body and heart in trim - you should know Skweeky - your a fit young lass - he he ;) I&#39;m sure it aint just running round the block that keeps you fit :P

Peace
UKMan

fkdup74
11-07-2003, 11:12 PM
wha....? surely MuscleMan would have an answer to this?
no post yet? :lol:

j/k MM, if you&#39;re snoopin around....
its like was mentioned, decide on wether you&#39;re goin for size or def
size=more weight, less reps
defs=less weight, more reps
but correct form is the most important factor

Octopussy
11-07-2003, 11:23 PM
im a body builder :D

so first of all if your just starting here are some tips

A) You have to start eating healthy
B) If you want muscles really fast and want huge ones you need supplements
C) You need to eat a lot&#33; (good shit i mean stuff not candies and chips)
D) Workout everday (you can take days off on weekends)
E) Work on upperbody (from abs and above) monday, wednesday, friday
F) work on lower body (abs and down, basically legs) tuesday and thursday.

if you work on upper body everytime thats bad for your muscles and you wont gain much

and back to your question i find preacher curling best for buildling muscles or just regular curls *for biceps*

kurtsl0an
11-07-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Octopussy@7 November 2003 - 23:23
im a body builder :D

not tryin 2 flame u wherever u go but, aren&#39;t u like 14? :huh:

Octopussy
11-07-2003, 11:36 PM
yea started last year im a sophmore right now....and no im not lying about being sophmore at age 14 i started school early

so i was in cross country and started body bulding and quit cross country and just stuck to body building been doin it for a year now

MUSLEMAN
11-08-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by xbballplaya223x@7 November 2003 - 15:43
that all depends on what you realy want to do, strength, mass or defs(look like your much stronger then you realy are)

they all have a different routine and eating

make no mistake 80% of your game no matter which one you want is diet(food, eating habbits)

second is workout

third is rest

this is how it works:

when you workout you rip your muscle fibers, ( how you rip them and how they would change depends on the workout routine)

then in order for them to rebuild they need food and rest

food ofcourse is the building block and they can only rebuild when they are resting

so if you tell me what you would like to do i can help you more, but please remember, never workout for looks or size or strength, workout to be healthy and as a side effect you will look great and feell great, maybe even live a bit longer, but one thing is for sure, when you get older you won&#39;t look it or feel ithttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/sgrin.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/w/thumbs.gif

kurtsl0an
11-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+8 November 2003 - 01:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 8 November 2003 - 01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xbballplaya223x@7 November 2003 - 15:43
that all depends on what you realy want to do, strength, mass or defs(look like your much stronger then you realy are)

they all have a different routine and eating

make no mistake 80% of your game no matter which one you want is diet(food, eating habbits)

second is workout

third is rest

this is how it works:

when you workout you rip your muscle fibers, ( how you rip them and how they would change depends on the workout routine)

then in order for them to rebuild they need food and rest

food ofcourse is the building block and they can only rebuild when they are resting

so if you tell me what you would like to do i can help you more, but please remember, never workout for looks or size or strength, workout to be healthy and as a side effect you will look great and feell great, maybe even live a bit longer, but one thing is for sure, when you get older you won&#39;t look it or feel ithttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/sgrin.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/w/thumbs.gif [/b][/quote]
good points MM...

but i work out 2 look good, i don&#39;t care bout my health - i&#39;ll save that 4 when i&#39;m in the hospital dying from something. ? <_<

eating right takes 2 much time as far as food preparation. i just eat small meals, and it keeps the gut from growing. some1 who sits down and eats 2 cheeseburgers and an extra large fry - are bound 2 get fat. i go 2 mc&#39;ds maybe once every other week, and when i do - i never eat an entire meal cuz i get fully quickly.

eat 4 or 5 small meals a day, that will control your metabolism better, instead of 2 or 3 big fat nasty meals - :D

Mr. Mulder
11-08-2003, 06:21 PM
http://www.gis.net/~cht/scully3.jpg

When using Dumbell&#39;s I wear gloves similar to these :shifty:

Octopussy
11-08-2003, 07:21 PM
ok?