PDA

View Full Version : Question - gogo6 ipv6 not working

mshassy
12-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Hello all,
today I installed the gogo6 ipv6 client in order to get ipv6 connectivity.
everything was installed successfully.(the virtual driver etc)
and I opened the client and setup everything and pressed connect.
I was connected to one of the servers but the problem is I dont get any ipv6 connectivity.

I'm running on Windows 7
any help will be really appreciated!
Thanks!

Cabalo
12-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Please see the attachments and post yours.
It's always a firewall problem, the software one, should you also use it. Try disabling it and also any anti-virus AIO solution that somehow monitors internet connections you may have on your system.

mshassy
12-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Please see the attachments and post yours.
It's always a firewall problem, the software one, should you also use it. Try disabling it and also any anti-virus AIO solution that somehow monitors internet connections you may have on your system.

yes it is a firewall problem!
thanks Cabalo!
bitdefender blocks it no matter how I allow it

thanks again!

Cabalo
12-29-2010, 03:16 PM
You can still use windows 7 built in firewall, which is pretty good, unlike its previous versions. It can now block both inbound and outbound traffic, along many other advanced options. That's what I use now.

TheKarateKitt
01-19-2011, 02:10 AM
Hey Cabalo, I'm in the same boat. I had no problems w/ IPv6 in XP but now in 7 I can't seem to connect to the XSnews IPv6 server. I've disabled my firewall too so I'm a bit perplexed. I also tried pinging XSNews on IPv6 and it was working. Are there any special things in Windows 7 that need to be enabled/disabled (in services.msc, for instance)?

Cabalo
01-19-2011, 03:17 AM
In services.msc, assure you have iphelper in automatic mode.

TheKarateKitt
01-20-2011, 12:06 AM
OK so I've made some progress.
I completely uninstalled my firewall and disconnected my router. With both disabled, I can get uncapped IPv6 speeds using GrabIt connecting thru 127.0.0.1 port 1120 w/o even having to use Gogo6 (I assume it's the Windows 7 IPv6 drivers in services.msc?)!!! However, when I plug my router back in it'll say "Unable to connect." I'm only able to d/l and connect to XSnews via GoGo6, which is painfully slow in comparison (~300KB/s). I checked my router, I have both ports 119 (newsgroups/Grabit) and 1120 (IPv6) open. Is there something else I need to open or do to get it working w/o using Gogo6? Again everything was working FINE in XP w/ the same setup (firewall AND router)..