PDA

View Full Version : Copying DVD's

S!X
01-07-2011, 02:36 AM
I have a couple DVD's my dad gave me to make copies of for friends and I need to know the easiest way to do this. What program(s) will get the job done? I'm thinking of just making ISO's of each disk and then burning them IMGburn :unsure:

SonsOfLiberty
01-07-2011, 02:39 AM
DVDFab, just insert DVD, click copy...you have an option to make a full copy or just main movie (no menus etc). It will make ISO's to if you really want :P But just put the main DVD, start job once it's done reading it, will eject and pop in blanks, takes about 20 minutes, maybe less depending on speed of your burner/reader. (it's not free, but you can find version of it at various sites/here)

anon
01-07-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm thinking of just making ISO's of each disk and then burning them IMGburn :unsure:

Any program capable of doing on-the-fly copies should do. Surprisingly, ImgBurn doesn't appear to be one of them.

Expeto
01-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Try this (http://infrarecorder.org/)

edit: its free :)

teflon05
01-08-2011, 12:06 AM
AnyDVD + CloneDVD2 are also good choices & are easy to use. You can find them on many general content trackers.

Appzalien
01-08-2011, 02:24 AM
Anydvd is not free but that doesn't stop alot of people. It removes protections on the fly and as long as your firewall stops it from calling home you can fix it to run on your PC with a reg hack. Once anydvd is on your PC any copy program will see the disks as unprotected and do the copying for you. Fast is not always best though, slow and steady wins the quality race. Dvd Shrink (freeware) will allow you to copy a DVD9 (8gig) dvd to dvd5 (4.3gig) and still keep all the goodies though there is some loss involved in doing that.
If by chance the dvd's are just home made (wedding clips or joey in band from school), then they will not be protected and anydvd is not necessary. In that case a combination of freeware like Dvd Decrypter and Dvd Shrink will do it for you. Decrypter will remove some protections but it hasn't been updated in years. I still use it, though I also have anydvd running in the background so decypter is basically just doing the ripping and anydvd takes care of the protections.

S!X
01-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Anydvd is not free but that doesn't stop alot of people. It removes protections on the fly and as long as your firewall stops it from calling home you can fix it to run on your PC with a reg hack. Once anydvd is on your PC any copy program will see the disks as unprotected and do the copying for you. Fast is not always best though, slow and steady wins the quality race. Dvd Shrink (freeware) will allow you to copy a DVD9 (8gig) dvd to dvd5 (4.3gig) and still keep all the goodies though there is some loss involved in doing that.
If by chance the dvd's are just home made (wedding clips or joey in band from school), then they will not be protected and anydvd is not necessary. In that case a combination of freeware like Dvd Decrypter and Dvd Shrink will do it for you. Decrypter will remove some protections but it hasn't been updated in years. I still use it, though I also have anydvd running in the background so decypter is basically just doing the ripping and anydvd takes care of the protections.

These are actual movie DVD's :dabs:

TONiC
01-08-2011, 02:05 PM
DVD Decrypter + ImgBurn.

Use DVD Decrypter to back up your DVD's folders - much quicker than creating ISO's which is system intensive - and then burn them onto disc with IMGBurn

MaxxRevs
01-09-2011, 04:16 PM
NERO can do that for you.

S!X
01-19-2011, 03:51 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check out all these options and see which route I wanna go. :)

Appzalien
01-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Just be aware that dvd decrypter has not been updated in a long time, so its protection removals are old. AnyDvd on the otherhand is updated almost monthly and when paired with dvd decrypter you can use the file extraction method mentioned above and anydvd will remove protections on the fly so dvd decrypter see's it as unprotected. When you use dvd decrypter to extract to the hard drive you end up with a VIDEO_TS folder with the movie sections inside. The older Nero Burning rom (not nero express) when opened directly you can choose DVD and then Video DVD in the drop down on the left and it will make a red VIDEO_TS folder for you to fill (after you select NEW). In that way, Nero doesn't get stupid on you (express) and try to re-convert everthing into its own formats, and tell you that the file is too big for one DVD5 disk (Morons). I still use Nero 6 cause after that, Ahead went behind and screwed their product into the ground like a spinning wiley coyote.

hostingguru
02-15-2011, 07:13 AM
go and use iso. u can easily do. what u want.

freddy-8
02-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Just be aware that dvd decrypter has not been updated in a long time, so its protection removals are old. AnyDvd on the otherhand is updated almost monthly and when paired with dvd decrypter you can use the file extraction method mentioned above and anydvd will remove protections on the fly so dvd decrypter see's it as unprotected. When you use dvd decrypter to extract to the hard drive you end up with a VIDEO_TS folder with the movie sections inside. The older Nero Burning rom (not nero express) when opened directly you can choose DVD and then Video DVD in the drop down on the left and it will make a red VIDEO_TS folder for you to fill (after you select NEW). In that way, Nero doesn't get stupid on you (express) and try to re-convert everthing into its own formats, and tell you that the file is too big for one DVD5 disk (Morons). I still use Nero 6 cause after that, Ahead went behind and screwed their product into the ground like a spinning wiley coyote.

It still works for the latest dvd's though, I use it all the time.

zot
02-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Just be aware that dvd decrypter has not been updated in a long time, so its protection removals are old. AnyDvd on the otherhand is updated almost monthly ...

It still works for the latest dvd's though, I use it all the time.

Maybe your experience and knowledge is very limited?

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter were discontinued several years ago. They remove CSS, which was the original copy-protection used on DVDs, but that's all. Many DVDs made in the last 5 or 6 years use additional copy protection schemes -- for instance, Sony ARccOS -- protections which modern softwares such as DVDFab and AnyDVD stay current with.

For anyone interested, there are websites that list the exact copy protections used on each and every movie DVD.

For people not wanting to pay or use cracked sofware, there is a freeware called DVDSmith that is supposed to defeat all the post-CSS copy protections. I've never used it though, but just thought I'd mention it.

www.dvdsmith.com

cibu
02-25-2011, 06:46 PM
I consider alcohol 120% as being one of the best programs for cloning a cd/dvd . It has many options that ensure that no information will be lost .