PDA

View Full Version : Rar's crackers???

johhny
01-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Well i got i weird archive which is encrypted....so i tryed RAR.Password.Cracker.v4.00
which it say it no password..i tryed also rar magic password recovery...he find me a pass i enter it click ok ...after the first file extracted wrong pass;then i tryed again with rar magic and gives me another pass same thingh

any suggestion?

anon
01-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Try another RAR cracker. :eyebrows:

And unless you have a supercomputer or the password is very short, don't expect to crack it today. Or this century.

johhny
01-10-2011, 10:19 PM
well the pass have 3 characters my luck...i'll try another ...

that's weird some crackers tell there is no pass others do

Expeto
01-11-2011, 09:01 AM
well the pass have 3 characters my luck...i'll try another ...

that's weird some crackers tell there is no pass others do
That because there is different tools and ways to make a passworded rar. Crackers cannot support all the existing types.

How do you know that its 3 characters? a cracker said that.?

Appzalien
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Rar Pass crackers are fairly usless. Your best bet at finding the pass is to google an entire rar file name (xxxxx_la_la_la_part1.rar) and see if you can find another listing on another site with the pass listed. Just right click a rar and select rename but do not rename it, instead select right clcik copy and you will have the exact name to search.

Expeto
01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
BTW, you opened the rar by double click and looked inside the rar for passwd, right?

johhny
01-18-2011, 08:37 PM
i can't access the files from the rar's archive but yeah i can see the files...

Expeto
01-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Passwords are usually in the file names or in the sidetext. Alsot try release group name, uploader name or the name of the original source.

Appzalien
01-23-2011, 02:18 PM
You also need to be aware that often if one of the files is corrupt, winrar will spit out a "wrong pass" error even when there is no pass. If you watch the extraction status bar you can often get an idea which position the corrupt file is in. In otherwords if it starts extracting and fails half way through then the corrupt file is somewhere in the middle. If it fails immediately the first file may be corrupt (or there is a pass).
I have also notice a few scene releases that have been renamed to appear to be rar files but they are not (or .001's that are not hjsplits). This offers the scene people a little exclusivity and if they know which are which they can extract the correct way but others will not be able to. One way around that is to use 7zip and drag and drop out the files so 7zip can decide how to handle them for you. Just using "extract here" doesn't seem to work the same as drag and drop for some reason.
I had an iso in a rar set that when extracted with winrar was unreadable with ultraiso, when extracted with 7zip, it was also unreadable. But when dragged and dropped out with 7zip, it came out fine. Go Figure!

anon
05-20-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm afraid of not doing

What about not breaking the forum rules?

A
05-21-2011, 03:44 AM
I'm afraid of not doing

He is afraid to read the rules.

mjmacky
05-21-2011, 05:00 AM
He is afraid to read the rules.

This forum has rules?

anon
05-21-2011, 05:06 PM
This forum has rules?

This forum rules. :fst: