PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a way to send torrents from work to home?

commandlinekid
01-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Does anyone have a way to send legal torrents from work to your home computer?

I Do have a way: It's new and cool. I want to share it without getting kicked out of here. Please let me know if I may do so. Thanks.

Joe

anon
01-20-2011, 05:53 PM
That'd be connecting to a Radmin server in my home computer for me.

I Do have a way: It's new and cool. I want to share it without getting kicked out of here.

I think you just did. :eyebrows:

commandlinekid
01-20-2011, 06:01 PM
cool

TONiC
01-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Pendrive.

or Re-download the torrent to your home computer...

Expeto
01-20-2011, 07:50 PM
hmm, do I have way to send torrent from work to home?

Other than rsync, scp, rcp, ftp, sftp, http, https, ftam, uftp, tftp, fsp and mtp I don't think I have any way of doing that.

sgamid
01-22-2011, 01:07 PM
U can use utorrent webui, just download it directly from your home by open the file on your work PV and load it to the webui client from home on the web.

A
01-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Use dropbox.
1.) Set the dropbox folder (in your home PC) to automatically load torrents from uTorrent preferences.
2.) Send your .torrents from office to your dropbox and it will start in your home PC :D

Sier
02-13-2011, 12:40 AM
You can always use Teamviewer. If u are working and u think of something u need to do with you home computer, u can log in and do it. :P

Cabalo
02-13-2011, 04:12 AM
Use dropbox.
1.) Set the dropbox folder (in your home PC) to automatically load torrents from uTorrent preferences.
2.) Send your .torrents from office to your dropbox and it will start in your home PC :D
I second that. Easiest possible solution.

anon
02-13-2011, 04:21 AM
You can always use Teamviewer. If u are working and u think of something u need to do with you home computer, u can log in and do it. :P

TeamViewer has the disadvantage it uses its servers as a proxy, to prevent connectability from being an issue, but that also adds a bunch of lag. I've found RAdmin or RemotelyAnywhere to be much faster. Just make sure your home PC is connectable...

Disme
02-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Joe

You mean 'J', right, 'J' from 'J-DYE ...

stan
02-13-2011, 09:42 AM
My company's IT dept use Log-me-in. So as long as I have the free version installed at home and the PC is running. I can pretty do as much as I want by remote control. They cannot ban it without causing themselves huge problems.