PDA

View Full Version : Need a client that...

whiteboy
01-21-2011, 10:53 PM
I have been using alt.binz but it has been pissing me off lately doing weird stuff like losing all my settings.

So anyways I am looking for something different.

I have one simple request that the client must do, I just tried newsleecher and unzbin and neither seem to do this.

I want the downloads to go in a folder named the same name as the nzb. Just like utorrent would do. Altbinz does this fine.

Newsleecher just seems to dump all the rars etc into whatever folder I have set for default as my downloads folder. Which just becomes a big mess even if it does delete the rars afterwards.

Unzbin puts them in a folder but they have some number in front of the name, so navigating through your downloads is a pain because they are not in abc order.

Any help here is very appreciated. I don't care for sabnzbd though.

changed thread title. Anyone??

Hypatia
01-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Newsleecher just seems to dump all the rars etc into whatever folder I have set for default as my downloads folder.
ehhh what?
u can specify download folder for each download. RMB->(leech-specify)
and select there an option to download it to a subfolder based on the header also..

if you want imported nzb files to be downloaded udner nzb names, you should check this in the settings- NZB files- save to nzb subfolder

whiteboy
01-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Ah ha, I knew I was missing it thanks man!! Made my day.

Ok one more thing, I downloaded something as a test, its sitting there saying ready to extract but it isn't unrarring it. Any ideas here my extract settings.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7776/captureufw.png

Hypatia
01-22-2011, 12:26 AM
whats in your's leech tweaks settings?
also ion repair and extract page everything should be turned on( enabled\monitor\repair\extract)

whiteboy
01-22-2011, 01:40 AM
I just set it to download the pars as it wasn't doing it even if it needed them.

Cabalo
01-22-2011, 04:06 AM
I don't know what's the issue some people have with sabnzbd. It does exactly what you described and more. And it's quite lightweight too.

krackt
01-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I haven't got a bad thing to say about sabnzbd. On my htpc I feed it nzb's and it happily toils away in the background like a morlock in the darkness.

Detale
01-22-2011, 04:08 PM
I also absolutely LOVE SabNzb and I was having issues with Alt.Binz. Another plus is Sabnzbd has an iphone app! It has an integrated browser that allows you to download your nzbs and send them to sabnzb from your iphone/ipod touch and fully control/monitor them.

sandman_1
01-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Newsbin Pro is great, not free though, but worth the money if you ask me.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3548/newsbinpro.png

Hypatia
01-22-2011, 06:32 PM
i have newsbin pro, newsleecher,(had ultraleecher) and usenet explorer.

The last one is total pwnage

they are implementing into nbpro6(alpha stage as of now) several features that have been in UE for ages.
awesome built-in search, the best id say out there. but its is a sophisticated piece of software, not very user friendly=)
A hardcore newsreader :w00t:
can also save downloads using nzb names though i dont see the point in using nzbs when u have buil-it search supporting boolean wildmats(u can turn them off), with a frequent update rate, stability and completion( shame on you, newsleecher's supersearch!) or being able to specify download patch manualy , or based on the header
lots of settings,features.
it doesnt look modern what can i say but i dont really care as long as it continues to pwn lol

but im really looking forward to NBpro6.. the more good and competitive newsreaders we have, the merrier

whiteboy
01-22-2011, 10:01 PM
I don't know what's the issue some people have with sabnzbd. It does exactly what you described and more. And it's quite lightweight too.
The UI is hideous, I've tried it multiple times and I just can't stand the layout of it.

tesco
01-22-2011, 10:40 PM
The UI is hideous, I've tried it multiple times and I just can't stand the layout of it.
:yup:

Cabalo
01-23-2011, 02:09 AM
Have you tried the plush skin ?

b1scu1t
01-23-2011, 03:59 AM
The folks who love SABnzbd(like me) love it and there are some people who just don't get it. That is the way it is going to be. SAB + SickBeard + CouchPotato and I am in heaven.

whiteboy
01-23-2011, 05:36 PM
The folks who love SABnzbd(like me) love it and there are some people who just don't get it. That is the way it is going to be. SAB + SickBeard + CouchPotato and I am in heaven.
Well I really want an app with a webui. Maybe I will try to give it a try for a while.

Ok got sab all up and running.

Pretty happy with it I can check it from my android phone. And I can manage it from a browser and not have to log into my server, which is what I really wanted.

Sickbeard looks pretty sweet but it looks like a ton of crap to install to get it running and I have never messed with python or any of that.

b1scu1t
01-23-2011, 07:07 PM
What OS are you running? There is a self contained windows executable which is what I use in my windows home server. In mac os x, the install is quite straight forward. I am sure the linux install ought to be quite straight forward. The sickbeard web site has great write ups for install.

whiteboy
01-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Yah I had missed that totally, I have it up and running right now on windows 7. Not sure how to fire it up though do I click the exe?

I want it to always run, so I guess I try to put a shortcut it my startup folder. Running win7 btw.

Cabalo
01-23-2011, 07:59 PM
You can do that, or you can have it ran as a windows service: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/sabnzbd-as-a-windows-service
Quite useful for those who manage their servers remotely, they don't have to logon so the startup folder is checked.

whiteboy
01-23-2011, 08:06 PM
You can do that, or you can have it ran as a windows service: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/sabnzbd-as-a-windows-service
Quite useful for those who manage their servers remotely, they don't have to logon so the startup folder is checked.
I was actually talking about sick beard. Which is freakin awesome!!

Only issue I am having is for one show it processed the files. Which meant it moved them from my download folder, renamed them and all that.

For another show they just sat in the download folder. I had to manually process them, I did tell sick beard to download the whole season so maybe it does all that when all the downloads are finished?

Nevermind I was just being impatient.

@b1scu1t (http://filesharingtalk.com/members/194263-b1scu1t) Thanks a lot man for putting me on to this. Very glad I started this thread. Loving this new config!!

b1scu1t
01-25-2011, 02:30 AM
I am glad you are enjoying Sick Beard, if you can do donate some change to all those developers.