PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievably slow speeds with Hotfile!!

Elvenmunky
01-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Oh man I bought Hotfile premium about a month ago and I am not very happy with it. I had Rapidshare before and my speeds were at least 500 KB/s. With Hotfile I am lucky to get over 100 KB/s!! It is not my connection as the torrent I am running go max speed. As I am typing this a file I am downloading is going at 74 KB/s!! :angry: I emailed Hotfile asking for a refund or only to charge me for a month but they have not replied (which was expected :dry: ). I am very displeased with Hotfile and this account expires in Feb 2012. I believe I have wasted my monies. What can I do here? Any suggestions?

anon
01-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Where are you from? Hotfile's routing to your location may be poor, whereas Rapidshare chooses the best backbone for your IP. I'm from South America and can get over 350kB/s in a 3Mbit connection on Hotfile.

What about trying jDownloader and its multiple connections feature? That may speed things up.

Elvenmunky
01-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Where are you from? Hotfile's routing to your location may be poor, whereas Rapidshare chooses the best backbone for your IP. I'm from South America and can get over 350kB/s in a 3Mbit connection on Hotfile.

What about trying jDownloader and its multiple connections feature? That may speed things up.

I am in the U.K and thanks but I already use JDownloader...

Violator
01-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Ditto here

Purchased a premium account from Hotfile after RS turned sh*t aand the speeds are f*cking useless - UK based and I too get 100k or if lucky 300k. Megaupload gives me double that on a free account. I'd never use Hotfile again, absolute rip off.

mjmacky
01-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Isn't hotfile at the other end of a DMCA suit right now anyway?

Elvenmunky
01-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Ditto here

Purchased a premium account from Hotfile after RS turned sh*t aand the speeds are f*cking useless - UK based and I too get 100k or if lucky 300k. Megaupload gives me double that on a free account. I'd never use Hotfile again, absolute rip off.

It's ridiculous isn't it. I might just sell it. Know anywhere where I can sell it?

anon
01-24-2011, 05:37 PM
It's ridiculous isn't it. I might just sell it. Know anywhere where I can sell it?

I don't think the rules here allow that kind of discussion. Can't you just get your money back, anyway?

Elvenmunky
01-24-2011, 06:02 PM

I don't think the rules here allow that kind of discussion. Can't you just get your money back, anyway?

Ah ok sorry about that. How do I get my money back? I emailed them but haven't had a reply back yet.

anon
01-24-2011, 06:20 PM
How do I get my money back?

Paypal dispute? :D

cherio
01-24-2011, 06:22 PM
why didn't you trial the premium speed with a month, instead of committing to a full year? UK ISPs have been known to throttle speeds to some file hosts to deter piracy.

if Hotfile doesn't reply for your refund request, the best option is to file a Paypal dispute. The more people complain to Paypal, the more Hotfile will be forced to give refunds.

mjmacky
01-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Yeah PayPal dispute is the way to go. I tried Hotfile out for a month once, and even though I refused to "subscribe", i.e. had to actively cancel it, they still billed me again the next month. PayPal dispute fixed it for me.

Utopian
02-06-2011, 07:17 AM
I dont experience and slow speeds.

johhny
02-11-2011, 07:51 AM
hahah

i get usually from hotfile 10-11 MB/S how can this be slow?
try force downloads on jdownloader it should work :)

anon
02-11-2011, 04:06 PM
That or multiple segments... two are enough to get maximum speed here.

Stabber
02-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Do yo use IDM ? If not then do it , it's the best one and use 16 segmented connections instead of the default number which is 8 . I always max my speed with hotfile where is with megaupload i sometimes don't .

anon
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Stabber, what's your connection speed? Because on a "normal" line, 16 connections is overkill.

Stabber
02-11-2011, 05:04 PM
About 24mbps downstream

anon
02-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Oh, I thought you were on a 100Mbit pipe or something. :D

johhny
02-11-2011, 07:58 PM
on any premium account you will benefit of full speed :) and that';s a fact

depends how much your ISP gives to you

nothere7
02-21-2011, 04:41 AM
Don't know how much use hotfile will be now it has 'gone to war' against file-sharers.

http://torrentfreak.com/hotfile-goes-to-war-against-copyright-infringers-110219/

anon
02-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Don't know how much use hotfile will be now it has 'gone to war' against file-sharers.

http://torrentfreak.com/hotfile-goes-to-war-against-copyright-infringers-110219/

Hotfile's my favorite hoster, so I was a bit worried when I first read that article. In the event they do become stricter about piracy, uploaders will either have to protect their links, encrypt their files, etc., or just move to a good and more relaxed hoster, for example Fileserve.

It could also happen that they actually want to make it look like they're "bad" for a while, to get less attention from the copyright companies. A friend also suggested this could be a simple cleanup to avoid spending money on extra storage.

mjmacky
02-23-2011, 06:42 AM
A friend also suggested this could be a simple cleanup to avoid spending money on extra storage.

Ha this was also my first thought when reading that article. It is the most motivating factor, all other implications being collateral benefit.