PDA

View Full Version : A request

IdolEyes787
01-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Please stop arbitrarily closing active threads that are "off-topic" .
Just because they are of no interest or value to you does not mean that they are of no interest or value to anyone.:mellow:

Also please don't tell me that there is "a Lounge for that sort of thing" because topics ,like conversations have a tendency to evolve and what was originally "off-topic" becomes ( apparently unbelievably to some) the new gist of the thread .

If you disagree I perfectly understand since not everyone has read Fahrenheit 451.

Skiz
01-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Topics which have gone to umpteen pages in an 'on-topic' section and haven't had an on-topic post in days, will be closed. If people want to troll or post facepalm images, there is the Lounge for that sort of thing.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Also please don't tell me that there is "a Lounge for that sort of thing"

If people want to troll or post facepalm images, there is the Lounge for that sort of thing.

:unsure:

Please don't troll my thread.

Btw the whole bt section isn't really suppose to be taken seriously is it? :unsure:

Skiz
01-30-2011, 12:34 AM
I wouldn't use the word "seriously" but the discussions should be kept to topic, yes.

The sections that traditionally have not been moderated with as much formality are the Lounge, Movies & TV, Games, Music, Books/Comics, and Sports. It isn't as if the Bittorrent section is heavily moderated or something.

megabyteme
01-31-2011, 03:31 PM
I wouldn't use the word "seriously" but the discussions should be kept to topic, yes.

The sections that traditionally have not been moderated with as much formality are the Lounge, Movies & TV, Games, Music, Books/Comics, and Sports. It isn't as if the Bittorrent section is heavily moderated or something.

So, then, you are making the rare exception to simply kill fun/conversation you don't like. :ermm:

RealitY
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Would have to agree not to close threads like that...