PDA

View Full Version : Why are things in the bittorrent world more complicated than they should be?

OlegL
02-07-2011, 04:44 AM
Why are things in the bittorrent world more complicated than they should be? Why don't private trackers have a permanent open sign-up? Why do people sometimes get banned from trackers, if we all want one thing, just to get along? All that we want is to download something, upload something, and interact with people that are on bittorrent trackers. We want to be accepted; we want to be treated well; we want respect from others. We also want to treat others the way they want to be treated themselves. We don't want to be hurt; we don't want to hurt others; all we want is just to have fun. Why can't we just try to understand each other? What is it that divides us?

chrisbeebops
02-07-2011, 04:45 AM
There is no point in arguing or fighting.

Just bend over and spread those cheeks.

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Why are things in the bittorrent world more complicated than they should be? Why don't private trackers have a permanent open sign-up? Why do people sometimes get banned from trackers, if we all want one thing, just to get along? All that we want is to download something, upload something, and interact with people that are on bittorrent trackers. We want to be accepted; we want to be treated well; we want respect from others. We also want to treat others the way they want to be treated themselves. We don't want to be hurt; we don't want to hurt others; all we want is just to have fun. Why can't we just try to understand each other? What is it that divides us?

Same things which divides country states region etc. Probably its becoz we/people want to ensure Superiority of themselves over other. In short due to absence of perfect world

slocker
02-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Is this a philosophical question?.

OlegL
02-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Maybe.

megabyteme
02-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Conflict is inevitable. We all have our own self-interests guiding us. The sheer diversity of intellects, values, resources, and views inevitably add to this. The fact that people want things that are denied to them also makes for a competitive environment.

We all have seen what a mess public trackers become (often due to "anti-piracy" groups and stupid kids). However, private trackers have their own flip-side failings, too (largely due to stupid kids).

DonkeyPacker
02-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Why don't private trackers have a permanent open sign-up?
Only a moron spouts an oxymoron.

...No offence

ca_aok
02-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Dude, you need to get outside and stop worrying so heavily about this stuff.

slocker
02-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Did I say philosophical?.I meant stupid.

megabyteme
02-07-2011, 06:32 AM
There's a pretty good chance Oleg is just trolling, but one of the things that has kept me on FST and in some other BT forums is the ability to observe/participate in/stir up what has to be one of the most open communications platforms anywhere. There are forums all over the internet, but BT has a draw, and member base that is multi-generational, multi-cultural, and multi-interest. This group would not gather for any other reasons than as a platform to gain access to digital media. It turns out that there are many other things for us to spam about discuss while we are here.

Intr4ns1t
02-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Same things which divides country states region etc. Probably its becoz we/people want to ensure Superiority of themselves over other. In short due to absence of perfect world

:whistling

OlegL
02-07-2011, 06:54 AM
There's a pretty good chance Oleg is just trolling, but one of the things that has kept me on FST and in some other BT forums is the ability to observe/participate in/stir up what has to be one of the most open communications platforms anywhere. There are forums all over the internet, but BT has a draw, and member base that is multi-generational, multi-cultural, and multi-interest. This group would not gather for any other reasons than as a platform to gain access to digital media. It turns out that there are many other things for us to spam about discuss while we are here.

Stop saying that I am trolling. Seriously. I am tired of it. Think about a person's personality, not about if he's trolling or not.

Disme
02-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Is this a philosophical question?.

Nope, it's a rhetorical one.

bijoy
02-07-2011, 09:45 AM
OlegL, either you are trolling here by creating these stupid topics or you are psychiatric.

Stop saying that I am trolling. 2 options are there, you choose one.. Seriously. I am tired of it. Think about a person's personality, not about if he's trolling or not.

Interesting comment!!

megabyteme
02-07-2011, 09:49 AM

Stop saying that I am trolling. Seriously. I am tired of it. Think about a person's personality, not about if he's trolling or not.

Did you read anything past the first comma, TrollEgg?

IdolEyes787
02-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Exactly how complicated should they be?:unsure:

Also this
We all have our own self-interests guiding us.

Besides that far from being some sort of an idealized Utopia bt can to some degree better be described as a world without (m)any strictly enforced moral restrictions .
In an environment like that some people will be "good" , some will be "bad" and some will see it as an opportunity to try and impose they will upon others.

Btw this isn't conjuncture on my part I've seen the exact same thing it happen in Waterworld .:mellow:
Although in fairness Dennis Hopper was a lot more mature than most bt despots.

Also life is simple if you just look at it from the point that everyone is going do what is best for themselves first and adjust your thinking around that fact.

Expeto
02-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Why don't private trackers have a permanent open sign-up? Why do people sometimes get banned from trackers, if we all want one thing, just to get along? All that we want is to download something, upload something, and interact with people that are on bittorrent trackers. We want to be accepted; we want to be treated well; we want respect from others. We also want to treat others the way they want to be treated themselves....

Because this is the internet, people are assholes and trolling is fun

Why are things in the bittorrent world more complicated than they should be?
because torrent is free and illegal

slocker
02-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Also life is simple if you just look at it from the point that everyone is going do what is best for themselves first and adjust your thinking around that fact.

unless you believe in communism, anyway.then you're beyond help.

chrisbeebops
02-07-2011, 12:26 PM

Stop saying that I am trolling. Seriously. I am tired of it. Think about a person's personality, not about if he's trolling or not.What is a person's personality is that of a troll?

People keep saying that Oleg is retarded, but I still think he's pulling one big troll on us all. One day he is going to stop and be like, haha gotcha.

IdolEyes787
02-07-2011, 12:59 PM
People keep saying that Oleg is retarded, but I still think he's pulling one big troll on us all. One day he is going to stop and be like, haha gotcha.

Entirely possible since there is at least one person that I know of that has previously created multiple fake persistent personnas to troll this board.

Who is the last person who seemed unreasonably clueless here ( the name escapes me ,he seemed unable to speak English well but most everyone liked him ) ? He was one of those dupes.

Anyway that person stopped as some as he was found out only I assume to go onto his next identity as I've been told that he's been going the same thing forever here and elsewhere and is obviously certifiably insane .

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-07-2011, 02:26 PM

I believe in communism and I wonder wats link of Political/social believe with it.

On side mark this thread might be troll but the ques is most sensible 1 in recent time

slocker
02-07-2011, 02:46 PM

I believe in communism and I wonder wats link of Political/social believe with it.

On side mark this thread might be troll but the ques is most sensible 1 in recent time

that was barely comprehensible.

ca_aok
02-07-2011, 03:42 PM

Entirely possible since there is at least one person that I know of that has previously created multiple fake persistent personnas to troll this board.

Who is the last person who seemed unreasonably clueless here ( the name escapes me ,he seemed unable to speak English well but most everyone liked him ) ? He was one of those dupes.

Anyway that person stopped as some as he was found out only I assume to go onto his next identity as I've been told that he's been going the same thing forever here and elsewhere and is obviously certifiably insane .
Swepsycho

Cisco---Scene
02-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Torrent world is something like human socity
and your quistion is like that : why there is so many countries?so many language?since we have 1 aim :sex ;D
somebody thinks that topsite leads pirating like freemasonary leads world lol

anon
02-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Why don't private trackers have a permanent open sign-up?

In a perfect world, that's how things would be. If that tells you something.

ca_aok
02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Of course, in a perfect world, trackers wouldn't be full of bad eggs constantly trying to sneak back in, and the RIAA/MPAA wouldn't be actively pursuing filesharers.

Ahh well, it's nice to dream :P

anon
02-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Or maybe people would pay for the things they're pirating. It all depends on who you ask. :idunno:

slocker
02-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Of course, in a perfect world, trackers wouldn't be full of bad eggs constantly trying to sneak back in, and the RIAA/MPAA wouldn't be actively pursuing filesharers.

Yes it is, but here in reality things cost money and can't just be given away for free;).

ca_aok
02-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Or maybe people would pay for the things they're pirating. It all depends on who you ask. :idunno:
Well in a truly ideal world the media conglomerates would have realized by now that they need to somehow adapt their business models to compete with piracy instead of suing the shit out of children. Music is a bit ahead of the curve in that respect, for example the iTunes store is now the #1 retailer of music on the planet by quite a large margin. If they made a few changes, like offering lossless copies (maybe for a bit of a surcharge), options other than their proprietary formats, and full track previews, they'd be even farther ahead. Services like Spotify and Pandora are also a huge advancement, where you can pay a monthly fee and stream all the music you want.

Movies are slowly getting off the ground with services like Netflix, but it's still slow going. Steam is doing well in the gaming industry but they have very little competition, and hence, very little pressure to innovate.

Either way, I think it was implied by the subject matter and forum that BT should be involved in the hypothetical somehow :P

OlegL
02-07-2011, 05:19 PM
My point is simple: it doesn't require much IQ to simply download and upload stuff. Since this is true, why don't trackers have permanent open sign-ups? I think I am making a completely valid point here. If it doesn't require much IQ to download and upload stuff, why do people sometimes get banned from trackers? It doesn't make sense. As I keep saying, we all want one thing: to be treated well, to treat everyone else the way we want to be treated ourselves...
The real world requires a lot more IQ. In the real world, you have to work, and it requires a lot more IQ (especially, if you are a lawyer or a doctor). In the real world, you have to go to school, and, of course, passing exams in school requires a lot more IQ than simply downloading and uploading...
So, why are things in the bittorrent world more complicated than they should be?

ca_aok
02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
There'd be no point in having signups at all. Private trackers wouldn't exist, everything would be like The Pirate Bay, full of people that hit and run, throttle their upload speeds to zero, there'd be fake files everywhere, zero retention, and kicking off any of these fucktards would have no effect because they could just rejoin.

Things in BT really aren't that complicated if you're not an idiot and don't care about getting involved in the drama and hype. Sign up for a tracker. Follow their rules. Seed and keep a ratio. That's it. If you don't want to follow their rules, there are hundreds of other trackers you can join, or if you don't want to deal with any of that, go back to TPB, where there are no rules.

I'd suggest you try Usenet, since you really don't seem to have a grasp on this. No need to worry about being banned, being intelligent, seeding, etc, just grab your shit and go.

Also, I don't think you understand the term "IQ". You can't use it interchangeably with the word "intelligent".

However, since I don't truly believe anyone could be this clueless, the above was more written for other thread readers. Perhaps a more fitting response would be lol n00b u g0t b&, QQ moar.

slocker
02-07-2011, 05:35 PM
full-track "previews"??.Nice try dude.

ca_aok
02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
If you'd ever used the iTunes store (or any other digital store for that matter) you'd understand. Sure some people would just listen to the previews over and over again, but generally they're shitty bitrate and it's annoying to have to sit there in the store and search through albums each time you want to listen to a track. You could also limit people to "X" previews per day, or 2-3 previews per track. It's really not that difficult.

The point is that some people including myself view music piracy as a "try before you buy" type deal, since there's really no other way to do it.

The ideal solution, imo, would be a site like What.CD, community driven via uploads, with a substantial monthly fee and unlimited downloads. Then distribute that revenue to the rights holders. I'd easily pay a few hundred dollars per year for a site with their breadth of selection and content in both formats and # of albums, with an active community portion as well. But it'll never happen.

IdolEyes787
02-07-2011, 05:47 PM

In a perfect world I would be starring in some of the stuff I'm stealing and/ or I would be sitting in my Ferrari with a mute Adriana Lima .:unsure:

I'd suggest you try Usenet, since you really don't seem to have a grasp on this. No need to worry about being banned, being intelligent, seeding, etc, just grab your shit and go.

Clearly we hang out on vastly different trackers if being intelligent is now seen as a requirement. :mellow:

Burnsy
02-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Swepsycho

:lol:

I used to love reading his/her posts... cracked me up a lot of the time... who was he/she though? I never did find out...

goydfomsla
02-07-2011, 05:55 PM
what is so complicated about bittorrent ?

IdolEyes787
02-07-2011, 05:57 PM
I forget. I have a terrible memory for things that I have no interest in.
Maybe Cabalo will post since he knows apparently everything except how to ingratiate himself to the former demonstration of CN.

Of good look J-dye's returned.

slocker
02-07-2011, 06:12 PM
If you'd ever used the iTunes store (or any other digital store for that matter) you'd understand. Sure some people would just listen to the previews over and over again, but generally they're shitty bitrate and it's annoying to have to sit there in the store and search through albums each time you want to listen to a track

Yet you're praising Spotify and Pandora?.It's a trade-off at best, really.

Intr4ns1t
02-07-2011, 06:15 PM
My point is simple: it doesn't require much IQ to simply download and upload stuff. :noes:

Since this is true, why don't trackers have permanent open sign-ups? I think I am making a completely valid point here. :noes:

As I keep saying, we all want one thing: to be treated well, to treat everyone else the way we want to be treated ourselves...:noes:

The real world requires a lot more IQ. (debatable, but :noes: imo)

In the real world, you have to work,:noes:

In the real world, you have to go to school,:noes:

So, why are things in the bittorrent world more complicated than they should be?

You are trying to impose your view of what the world should be on all of humanity, and that is bunk. BitTorrent is NOT complicated, and your premise that it is, is based on your own complication of a simple process. That is the truth.

anon
02-07-2011, 06:15 PM
I'd suggest you try Usenet

It requires a higher IQ.

Wait, to stay in line with Oleg's post I should say "more IQ".

goydfomsla
02-07-2011, 06:22 PM
all i could say is that , on a personal level . only :wub: stays ..

90% of the people don't get it ..

the rest of the 5 fucking percent don't see it ..

and the 3 percent wont believe it ..

anon
02-07-2011, 06:37 PM

What about the remaining 2%? :unsure:

Burnsy
02-07-2011, 06:42 PM

What about the remaining 2%? :unsure:

You do know that's J-Dye?? :lol:

goydfomsla
02-07-2011, 06:42 PM
they can feel happy , if they want to .. other than that i cant think of anything else

my internet is slow today , otherwise i could have watched family guy ..

anon
02-07-2011, 06:50 PM
You do know that's J-Dye?? :lol:

:yup:

ScottK
02-07-2011, 06:59 PM

you make a valid point. i'm proud of you

ca_aok
02-07-2011, 08:09 PM
You can't queue things in store previews, make playlists, listen while offline, put the tracks on your portable devices, etc, etc.

And I didn't say Spotify or Pandora are ideal, but they're certainly steps in the right direction. Miles ahead of the MPAA's stance on the matter, where they still think they can stop people from PVRing movies :lol:

slocker
02-08-2011, 07:00 AM
You can't queue things in store previews, make playlists, listen while offline, put the tracks on your portable devices, etc, etc.

And I didn't say Spotify or Pandora are ideal, but they're certainly steps in the right direction. Miles ahead of the MPAA's stance on the matter, where they still think they can stop people from PVRing movies :lol:

Just to be clear....you can't listen offline and put on portable devices with those 2 streaming services right, that's what I meant as a draw-back.

Quarterquack
02-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Also, I don't think you understand the term "IQ". You can't use it interchangeably with the word "intelligent".

It requires a higher IQ.

1) I have never loved you guys more than right now.
2) You still practically played into his game. He just has a new playground.

bijoy
02-08-2011, 08:03 AM
bittorrent world is a minimal world ..

lol , found that word between two phone rings

so i broke the mobile ..

whew .. what a shitty day ..

wow!! this is fast and first time.. :) 2 accounts in 1 day?? Great going...

Vorx
02-08-2011, 08:10 AM
why do YOU always come up with these gay threads

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-08-2011, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=slocker;3556822]
And I didn't say Spotify or Pandora are ideal, but they're certainly steps in the right direction. ol:
Step In right direction? Since when restricting service 2 certain country is SRD?

slocker
02-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Are you attributing me to that quote?.

OlegL
02-08-2011, 10:05 AM
It requires a higher IQ.

You need to shut the fuck up, do you understand it? If you don't shut the fuck up now, I will find you in Canada and beat you to death.

Disme
02-08-2011, 10:49 AM

You need to shut the fuck up, do you understand it? If you don't shut the fuck up now, I will find you in Canada and beat you to death.

I lolled ...

BTW ... 1 day left to find out if it's a week or a permanent ban ... place your bets ladies and gentlemen !!!

bijoy
02-08-2011, 01:41 PM
your avatar is so cute

what the #$#%$@......
85 posts burst!!
wtf?

ca_aok
02-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Step In right direction? Since when restricting service 2 certain country is SRD?
Hopefully we'll eventually have similar services or they'll be opened up in time. Part of the idiocy of copyright is that people internationally can't work together unless they're suing each other, it's all a matter of borders and boundaries.

bijoy
02-08-2011, 02:31 PM

Funniest post in FST...
Btw, I think Canada have no rules on murder, right? :unsure:

ca_aok
02-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Of course not, we're too busy watching hockey in our igloos while eating poutine. Plus, he could always make a getaway via dogsled.

anon
02-08-2011, 04:35 PM

1. thank you. :wub:
2. you may be right but I found that it's more entertaining if you participate. Looking at the post I'm quoting below, I'd say you just proved that. :lol:

http://villagethinker.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/e-thug.jpg

OlegL
02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
There'd be no point in having signups at all. Private trackers wouldn't exist, everything would be like The Pirate Bay, full of people that hit and run, throttle their upload speeds to zero, there'd be fake files everywhere, zero retention, and kicking off any of these fucktards would have no effect because they could just rejoin.

Things in BT really aren't that complicated if you're not an idiot and don't care about getting involved in the drama and hype. Sign up for a tracker. Follow their rules. Seed and keep a ratio. That's it. If you don't want to follow their rules, there are hundreds of other trackers you can join, or if you don't want to deal with any of that, go back to TPB, where there are no rules.

However, since I don't truly believe anyone could be this clueless, the above was more written for other thread readers. Perhaps a more fitting response would be lol n00b u g0t b&, QQ moar.

Using usenet is a bit annoying 'cause often files have to be unpacked and stuff... Also files on usenet often require a password. On a bittorrent tracker, you just grab what you want and all you have to do is to keep your ratio above a minimum level. Yet staff on bittorrent trackers often makes things more complicated.

mrnobody
02-08-2011, 10:36 PM
uh it's not complicated at all. Lots of people in private tracker just leech/seed files and get back to their life. They don't bother with tracker forum, invite forum, tracker irc, what tracker is worth what, trading/selling and all that.

It's as simple as you want it to be.

anon
02-09-2011, 01:47 AM
Using usenet is a bit annoying 'cause often files have to be unpacked and stuff...

What's the difference between that and downloading RARed stuff from a private tracker?

Also files on usenet often require a password.

Which should be readily available unless you're downloading bogus/shady files to begin with.

On a bittorrent tracker, you just grab what you want and all you have to do is to keep your ratio above a minimum level.

So is the case in Usenet or file hosters, excepting the ratio keeping part.

OlegL
02-09-2011, 04:34 AM
I am not sure what to tell you. I had a usenet account for a brief period of time. I remember that some of the things I was required to do were annoying. For example, downloading hellanzb program on linux, using wine to install that program that unpacks usenet files, and sometimes not finding all the required parts for unpacking the whole thing that I downloaded.
But at the same time I feel frustrated with the bittorrent world. I don't understand why certain things happened to me and etc. So maybe I should purchase a usenet account again... Not sure yet... It's just that the bittorrent world has something... dunno how to call it... but it has something that attracts me... I just wish people were never banned from any tracker.

Quarterquack
02-09-2011, 06:39 AM

Here's a dare. I will gladly give you my address. Come and fucking do it.

EDIT: For the record, I love stroking my ego so here it goes. I think if we both had a race to find where the other person lives, and to beat them to death first, I'd win within the first two days because you're so goddamn retarded it's practically a joke finding your ass. So why don't you put your keyboard where your mouth is and try and find me before flat out asking me first? Here's a bet, I can find you in one day. Dolt.

OlegL
02-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Why are you making fun of the poor autistic boy who has trouble making friends and who never had a girlfriend?

th0r
02-09-2011, 11:12 AM
b/c it's the internet!

bijoy
02-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Why are you making fun of the poor autistic boy who has trouble making friends and who never had a girlfriend?

cause, you are gay & impotent. :P
Get yourself checked by a doctor.

The_Martinator
02-09-2011, 11:39 AM
I didn't read the thread, I'll just answer the question. Because of OlegL and people like him.

Why complicate when it's really simple? :P

anon
02-09-2011, 04:36 PM
So maybe I should purchase a usenet account again... Not sure yet...

You've already tried torrents and Usenet. Get a Hotfile Premium account now. :D

It's just that the bittorrent world has something... dunno how to call it... but it has something that attracts me...

We call it "drama" around here.

senegal
02-12-2011, 10:14 PM

I don't get it! Being gay it's wrong?
Why does people think we have to be hetero?

sez
02-14-2011, 03:13 PM
My point is simple: it doesn't require much IQ to simply download and upload stuff. Since this is true, why don't trackers have permanent open sign-ups? I think I am making a completely valid point here. If it doesn't require much IQ to download and upload stuff, why do people sometimes get banned from trackers? It doesn't make sense. As I keep saying, we all want one thing: to be treated well, to treat everyone else the way we want to be treated ourselves...
The real world requires a lot more IQ. In the real world, you have to work, and it requires a lot more IQ (especially, if you are a lawyer or a doctor). In the real world, you have to go to school, and, of course, passing exams in school requires a lot more IQ than simply downloading and uploading...

There is a difference between suffering from autism and being stupid.Am starting to incline towards the former and if indeed you are autistic then I think whoever raised you deserves praise.

OlegL
02-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Am starting to incline towards the former and if indeed you are autistic then I think whoever raised you deserves praise.

It's not like I have a full-blown autism. It's relatively mild. Officially, I have 3 diagnoses: Asperger's, obsessive compulsive disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder.

Disme
02-14-2011, 05:20 PM
It's not like I have a full-blown autism. It's relatively mild. Officially, I have 3 diagnoses: Asperger's, obsessive compulsive disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder.

Oh my ... that explains a lot ... if it were true off course.

OlegL
02-14-2011, 06:26 PM

It is true.

bijoy
02-14-2011, 07:29 PM

I don't get it! Being gay it's wrong?
Why does people think we have to be hetero?

well, as I'm not think so (persnal opinion though)

Quarterquack
02-15-2011, 03:03 AM

Alas, it's not. Asperger's is diagnosed by multiple factors, none of which Oleg exhibits. OCD is such an intensive issue that people cut their own skin off while trying to clean it. It's not a laughing manner when just to bring your blood pressure down you almost kill yourself. And I won't even go near GAD. Either whoever diagnosed Oleg is just as smart as Oleg, or some part of the story is made up.

Source: My entire family is psychiatrists with the exception of myself.

OlegL
02-15-2011, 03:27 AM

Alas, it's not. Asperger's is diagnosed by multiple factors, none of which Oleg exhibits. OCD is such an intensive issue that people cut their own skin off while trying to clean it. It's not a laughing manner when just to bring your blood pressure down you almost kill yourself. And I won't even go near GAD. Either whoever diagnosed Oleg is just as smart as Oleg, or some part of the story is made up.

You met me on the internet, so how can you really know anything about me?

whatcdfan
02-15-2011, 06:17 AM

When did Israel got shifted in canada :O

OlegL
02-15-2011, 06:29 AM
I thought he was living in Canada. Anyway, Darth Rings, I need to apologize to you. I was overreacting and that's why I wrote that silly post. So, sorry.

Disme
02-15-2011, 07:06 AM

Thank you Dr. Rings, as my background is more legally-orientated it's nice to see here at FST we have the necessairy medical knowledge to diagnose our members before going to trial!

whatcdfan
02-15-2011, 08:40 AM
I thought he was living in Canada.

So far, I did not know where the country are you from?

Israel.

:whistling

OlegL
02-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Darth Rings, you honestly confuse me. Maybe you are just trolling?

ca_aok
02-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Pot calling the kettle black :lol:

OlegL
02-21-2011, 05:35 AM

Then explain to me why the private tracker cinemageddon has permanent open sign-ups, yet it still exists.

stoi
02-21-2011, 11:41 AM
The current user account limit (21,000) has been reached.

Accounts are deleted every 30 minutes, you can either wait for a slot to open or obtain an invite from a registered user.

They may just prune 1 or 2 accounts a day (if that) so they are not exactly open, I am not a member so they may very well let in 1000 a day, but with a userbase of 21,000 i very much doubt it. it just looks like they are open, but really they may be tight shut more than most sites.

PS: we are probably going to do the same when we reach 40,000 members, just stay open and when someone gets deleted someone gets in, 1st 2-3 months we may very well let in 200 a day, but it will calm down eventually, and then we will get 1-2 a day max, unless we increase the max member number.

IdolEyes787
02-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Accounts are deleted every 30 minutes, you can either wait for a slot to open or obtain an invite from a registered user.

They may just prune 1 or 2 accounts a day (if that) so they are not exactly open, I am not a member so they may very well let in 1000 a day, but with a userbase of 21,000 i very much doubt it. it just looks like they are open, but really they may be tight shut more than most sites.

It's a very strange site with often very strange content and consequentially a very small dedicated userbase proportional to the total membership.
I think, although I've never been disabled even with periods of long inactivity , with the current ease of entry/re-entry people just use the site as much or as little as they wish and if they end up disabled for inactivity then figure they can just create another account.
With BCG it might be a far different situation since even with the SP bonus and the possible but less likely recreation of account, I'm thinking that people in general are a lot more invested in your site than in CG.
I could be wrong though as this forum often proves some people don't apparently care about anything or anyone.

anon
02-21-2011, 04:25 PM

They may just prune 1 or 2 accounts a day (if that) so they are not exactly open

That's correct. I'd hardly call CG open, as they're closed most of the time.

I've observed many/most of the sites that are almost always open for signups also have large userbases. This way, even if a fraction of them break the rules by hit & running, cheating, and so on, most of the site will not be doing so. However, that has the disadvantage people from copyright agencies can join with just a couple of clicks. And besides blocking their (known) IPs, there's not much that can be done about that, either. BitTorrent's far from secure, anyway...

Just look at Filelist.ro. They do have some rules, but the only ones they really enforce are "don't act like an idiot on the forums/IRC", and "at least try to seed what you've downloaded". No one there really cares if you cheat or trade your account, as long as you respect those two. And the place is still awesome because of its large amount of content, speeds, and ease of seeding.

stoi
02-21-2011, 05:04 PM
I think you will be surprised at how many do hit and run/cheat/trade or even donate just to get gigs and VIP (hit and run privilages really, and that to me isnt a Very Important Person on the tracker), you just have to see how good zynga is doing, you pay to get forward in the game faster, so basically cheating, and they are raking it in.

before we had the SP, and this is going back a few years now and i am getting old and memory isnt as good as it used to be, we had 100,000 members, but only 4,000 torrents and torrents would generally die within a month or 2 (there was the odd exception obviously) and ppl were donating getting VIP getting 50 hit and runs a month and also a really crap ratio, then when their donation ran out would just donate again (to be immune from warnings and bans really) we had members with 500 torrents and 500 hit and runs and ratios of 0.001 but we couldnt touch them with the way the tracker was set up, and i hated it lol

anyway there are some good members obviously, but for every good member you get 5 that are not so good, BT is basically going to the dogs tbh

OlegL
02-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Darth Rings, let's assume you are not trolling and you actually believe in what you say. Well, then you have no idea what a psychopath/sociopath is. According to what you think, psychopaths victimize themselves. Well, ask anyone on this board what a psychopath/sociopath is, and people will tell you that sociopaths victimize other people, but they don't victimize themselves. Yes, I often feel as if I am a sociopath because I usually care only about my own desires, but not about the desires of others, but it's just not the diagnosis I received. I already told you what my diagnoses are and if you are not actually trolling, then you will stop acting the way you have been acting for the past few weeks. You said things that are very bizarre, and no one else here ever said such things. I repeat, you are THE ONLY ONE that ever did it.

Quarterquack
02-22-2011, 06:31 PM
That makes me rather special, then, don't it? Is this where you try to get a rise out of me by projecting your own idiosyncrasies onto me, or is this where you try and get the last word "in" then run away? We both know you'll be reading this, so here's a hearty : Fuck you and die in a fire, you bloody moron. You seem to think it's funny to troll by picking random diseases and associating them with yourself, so let's hope that your god bestows upon you as many diseases as his memory can muster.

My apologies to Stoi and Anon for interrupting their conversation. If it's any consolation I'll pitch in by saying: The people who got into BT for the content as opposed to source collecting are the ones that will remain upstanding members at your tracker. Always remember that it takes a lot less bad to tip the scales in favor of an opinion, than it takes for good to make it all seem more positive. I get how it could easily become sickening seeing people abuse your good will and patience, but at the same time, at the end of the day, I'm sure you don't do it for the bad members. Your purpose is achieved at the end, and that should be all that matters to you.

You also have to remember that the nature of the content makes it difficult to seed. I recently found out that I lost my badge of honor at BCG because I had two hits n runs, and I had to go through hoops and hoops to remember which hard drive (that I had moved into my console room) had the files that needed to be seeded longer. Matter of fact is, and with the current state of gaming and piracy the way they are, people who seed for longer probably seed less files (unless they're dedicated) or don't need to download as much as they did at one point (they started off for collections' sake). If I download a new game, then as soon as I think I have the time to start playing it, I move it indefinitely out of my torrenting array. The same can't be said for things such as music and movies which I can just stream to my entertainment setup as opposed to necessitating that I either duplicate the files (effectively putting a limit on how much further I can download) or stop seeding.

IdolEyes787
02-22-2011, 08:02 PM
OlegL in whose enforced absence as translated by IdolEyes

Why do you feel the need to pick on me ?What have I ever done to you?
I don't care about any of this except that I really miss HDbits especially since they all got nice there and finally accepted me.
PS I wish things weren't so complicated and that I could get a women to have sex with me ......

preferably in HiDef.

Vorx
02-22-2011, 10:43 PM
darth rings, let's assume you are not trolling and you actually believe in what you say. Well, then you have no idea what a psychopath/sociopath is. According to what you think, psychopaths victimize themselves. Well, ask anyone on this board what a psychopath/sociopath is, and people will tell you that sociopaths victimize other people, but they don't victimize themselves. Yes, i often feel as if i am a sociopath because i usually care only about my own desires, but not about the desires of others, but it's just not the diagnosis i received. I already told you what my diagnoses are and if you are not actually trolling, then you will stop acting the way you have been acting for the past few weeks. You said things that are very bizarre, and no one else here ever said such things. I repeat, you are the only one that ever did it.

troll. <.<

OlegL
02-22-2011, 11:15 PM
That makes me rather special, then, don't it? Is this where you try to get a rise out of me by projecting your own idiosyncrasies onto me, or is this where you try and get the last word "in" then run away? We both know you'll be reading this, so here's a hearty : Fuck you and die in a fire, you bloody moron. You seem to think it's funny to troll by picking random diseases and associating them with yourself, so let's hope that your god bestows upon you as many diseases as his memory can muster.

My apologies to Stoi and Anon for interrupting their conversation. If it's any consolation I'll pitch in by saying: The people who got into BT for the content as opposed to source collecting are the ones that will remain upstanding members at your tracker. Always remember that it takes a lot less bad to tip the scales in favor of an opinion, than it takes for good to make it all seem more positive. I get how it could easily become sickening seeing people abuse your good will and patience, but at the same time, at the end of the day, I'm sure you don't do it for the bad members. Your purpose is achieved at the end, and that should be all that matters to you.

You also have to remember that the nature of the content makes it difficult to seed. I recently found out that I lost my badge of honor at BCG because I had two hits n runs, and I had to go through hoops and hoops to remember which hard drive (that I had moved into my console room) had the files that needed to be seeded longer. Matter of fact is, and with the current state of gaming and piracy the way they are, people who seed for longer probably seed less files (unless they're dedicated) or don't need to download as much as they did at one point (they started off for collections' sake). If I download a new game, then as soon as I think I have the time to start playing it, I move it indefinitely out of my torrenting array. The same can't be said for things such as music and movies which I can just stream to my entertainment setup as opposed to necessitating that I either duplicate the files (effectively putting a limit on how much further I can download) or stop seeding.

I am glad you are not calling me a sociopath or a psychopath now.

OlegL
02-25-2011, 09:22 AM

Why can't you be just like everyone else on this board? If you start behaving like everyone else, I will like you as a person. If you continue behaving the way you behave, you will only cause the feelings of aggression in me.

yamada
02-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Because human control internet, there r always conflict between individuals, groups, countries. etc. OlegL, u can always find somebody like u, somewhere accept u, just like in the real world. So, stop worrying about this kind of questions and try to be happy.

anon
02-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Why can't you be just like everyone else on this board? If you start behaving like everyone else, I will like you as a person. If you continue behaving the way you behave, you will only cause the feelings of aggression in me.

That post in a nutshell: "I don't like you, either change so that I do or go away". I hope you realize what's wrong with that.

By the way, if you really don't like someone else's posts, vBulletin has an ignore list.

OlegL
02-26-2011, 12:54 AM
I want the old jojosalami to be back. The one who used to treat me nicely; the one who used to respond to my private messages; the one who helped me with my math problems; the one who I used to understand; the one who never said even one mean word about me; the one who was understanding... Why did you change? Why? Again, why? I wanna understand you. Please become the old Jojosalami. I really miss the old one. I really do. Come back.

MusicalMind
02-26-2011, 12:34 PM
If you didn't -troll- everyone and say things like

[01:27:19] [Oleg] I am so fucking angry
[01:29:06] [Oleg] if you don't fucking re-enable my bitmetv and bitme accounts now, I will find you in England and kill you. Do you fucking get it? I want my accounts to be re-enabled.
[01:29:34] [Oleg] you cause violent feelings in me
[01:30:03] [Oleg] you make me so angry
[01:30:08] [Oleg] SO ANGRY
[01:30:49] [Oleg] do you understand that you truly cause violent feelings in me now?
[01:31:09] [Oleg] DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND IT?!!!!!

People might be more sympathetic to you.

kostnkost
02-26-2011, 02:16 PM

[01:29:06] [Oleg] if you don't fucking re-enable my bitmetv and bitme accounts now, I will find you in England and kill you. Do you fucking get it? I want my accounts to be re-enabled.
[01:30:49] [Oleg] do you understand that you truly cause violent feelings in me now?

I really hope this does not represent NYC.......?

OlegL
02-26-2011, 03:29 PM

But you really did make me angry.

anon
02-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Once again, I keep on reading this thread for the IRC logs.

ca_aok
02-28-2011, 06:17 PM
You mean the fake logs, right?

anon
02-28-2011, 06:48 PM

:dabs:

OK, they're still entertaining...

OlegL
02-28-2011, 07:23 PM

They are not fake. As you can see, MusicalMind (who's a staffer) posted that IRC log here.

gamesover
03-02-2011, 07:12 PM
My guess is that any chat logs that OlegL puts up are fake but the other ones put up by real people are real.

IdolEyes787
03-02-2011, 07:48 PM
My guess is that any chat logs that OlegL puts up are fake but the other ones put up by real people are real.

Let me get this straight their are fake people here? You mean like Bruce Willis in the movie Surrogates or more like Kim Kashardian in real life ?

OlegL
03-02-2011, 09:57 PM

What are you talking about? Is it a joke? All the chat logs that I put up were 100 % genuine.

Quarterquack
03-03-2011, 02:57 AM
Unfortunately, all the logs are real.

Intr4ns1t
03-03-2011, 04:08 PM
I really hope this does not represent NYC.......?

That's just buying a cup of coffee at the local deli in the morning :P

justinius23
03-04-2011, 01:05 PM
best thread on the internet.

TheFoX
03-05-2011, 10:04 AM

In one word, 'stupidity'.

Why aren't there open signups? Stupidity.

Why do people get banned from trackers. Stupdity.

Why don't we all get along. Stupidity.

Why don't we download, upload and get along. Stupidity.

Why don't we get respect from others. Stupidity.

Why do we get hurt? Stupidity.

Why can't we have fun? Stupidity.

What divides us? Stupidity.

In short, there are stupid people in the world, from the stupid person who leeches but does not seed, to the stupid person who opens multiple accounts and tries to sell them, to the stupid person who thinks everyone else is stupid, and treats them as such, to the stupid person who executes their own civilians, and thinks everyone loves them.

Some people call it greed, but I call it stupidity, because to be intelligent is to accept others, regardless of their drawbacks, for what they are.

Stupid people wage war, and use others to do their fighting (they are stupid because they don't know human worth). The intelligent person will look at a peaceful approach, or use a method that will minimise human loss.

Remember that each and every one of us has a life. That life is precious, and we don't need stupid people trying to snuff that life out, which includes practically all our leaders.

Maybe when the world has changed, and the people in power respect that each and every one of us has a god given right to live on this planet peacefully, then maybe you will see open signup trackers where people don't get banned and everyone gets along.

Intr4ns1t
03-05-2011, 03:25 PM

In short, there are stupid people in the world, from the stupid person who leeches but does not seed, to the stupid person who opens multiple accounts and tries to sell them, to the stupid person who thinks everyone else is stupid, and treats them as such, to the stupid person who executes their own civilians, and thinks everyone loves them.

Some people call it greed, but I call it stupidity, because to be intelligent is to accept others, regardless of their drawbacks, for what they are.

Stupid people wage war, and use others to do their fighting (they are stupid because they don't know human worth). The intelligent person will look at a peaceful approach, or use a method that will minimise human loss.

Remember that each and every one of us has a life. That life is precious, and we don't need stupid people trying to snuff that life out, which includes practically all our leaders.

Maybe when the world has changed, and the people in power respect that each and every one of us has a god given right to live on this planet peacefully, then maybe you will see open signup trackers where people don't get banned and everyone gets along.

Isn't your post a demonstration of what you are railing against at the end? I am not trying to be a troll either, but your post, while I tend to agree with most of it, is a pretty ironic battle between what you would like to see from the entire world, and you being just that very same self oriented, judgmental type you rally against at the end. You're, in essence, labeling everyone who ever gets banned as stupid, yet I know that most people who get banned, statistically(globally, not specific to your tracker) are inactive, not malcontents or actively "bad" individuals.

My point being, while I would love to see the world exactly as you describe it, how can it become that way when you also frame that argument with an example of that exceptional-ism that has infected world government, so all pervasively? Just some food for thought.

TheFoX
03-05-2011, 07:53 PM

Isn't your post a demonstration of what you are railing against at the end? I am not trying to be a troll either, but your post, while I tend to agree with most of it, is a pretty ironic battle between what you would like to see from the entire world, and you being just that very same self oriented, judgmental type you rally against at the end. You're, in essence, labeling everyone who ever gets banned as stupid, yet I know that most people who get banned, statistically(globally, not specific to your tracker) are inactive, not malcontents or actively "bad" individuals.

My point being, while I would love to see the world exactly as you describe it, how can it become that way when you also frame that argument with an example of that exceptional-ism that has infected world government, so all pervasively? Just some food for thought.

The whole point of my drive is that there are people who disrespect others. Regardless of whether they order us to war, or leech yet not seed.

In my time, I have released my own source to a number of people. While most have shown the respect for the effort I made in implementing the script, a few have disrespected me by publishing my scripts as their own work. This happens all the time. It is one thing to copy something, but to actually claim ownership of something you never created is sheer ludicrousness.

But, otherwise, I totally agree with everything you say...

mjmacky
03-07-2011, 02:52 AM
[QUOTE=Intr4ns1t;3564484]
In my time, I have released my own source to a number of people. While most have shown the respect for the effort I made in implementing the script, a few have disrespected me by publishing my scripts as their own work. This happens all the time. It is one thing to copy something, but to actually claim ownership of something you never created is sheer ludicrousness.
I've commented on this scenario before, but I'll say it again here. If someone takes my script and settings, calls it their own, I'm fine with that. Sure I've worked hard to tweak it that way, but I'd rather spread something that works and is good (or rather great), even without getting credit, then having trash all over the place out there. I'm speaking hypothetically of course.

Intr4ns1t
03-07-2011, 12:46 PM

The whole point of my drive is that there are people who disrespect others. Regardless of whether they order us to war, or leech yet not seed.

But, otherwise, I totally agree with everything you say...

A crime of any degree is still a crime? An interesting argument, considering the field we work in :P I know what you mean, don't get me wrong, it is a problem/paradox. Especially in regards to the whole issue of "ownership." I know I am always very apprehensive about posting anything I write for writing's sake, as I do worry about plagiarism, but I would also have to feel a sense of the pride that mjmacky alludes to, at the fact that someone would regard my work enough to call it their own. I've only ever posted any of my creative writing on two sites, and I still thought very long(and I mean months) before doing so.

The bigger issues are the definition of "mine" in each individual, and our personal standard for "stupid." Personally, I very much embrace the belief that we all, every last stupid one of us, have individual merits that make us worth something, in some niche, somewhere, if we are willing to look for and accept it when we see it. But, many people get caught up in that eternal struggle to expand the boundaries of that "mine" and get away from their natural aptitudes.

Maybe. Haven't really thought too much about it.:whistling

IdolEyes787
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I've only ever posted any of my creative writing on two sites, and I still thought very long(and I mean months) before doing so.

Penthouse forum is probably a very intimidating place .

Intr4ns1t
03-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I've only ever posted any of my creative writing on two sites, and I still thought very long(and I mean months) before doing so.

Penthouse forum is probably a very intimidating place .

And critics are a dime a dozen :P

mjmacky
03-08-2011, 11:21 AM
and opinions are like...

Evelyn
06-29-2011, 12:15 AM
is this thread done ?
all drama over ?

anon
06-29-2011, 01:35 AM
I'd tell you of another good thread that could be bumped, but if I do, it may actually happen...

mjmacky
06-29-2011, 01:56 AM
is this thread done ?
all drama over ?

I killed this thread, why are you reviving it with the power of the question?

OlegL
06-29-2011, 07:09 AM
is this thread done ?
all drama over ?

Yep, the drama is over, and I still remain the same person: dumb, underdeveloped, not having a clue about things...

Cut-Copy-Paste
06-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Yep, the drama is over, and I still remain the same person: dumb, underdeveloped, not having a clue about things...

Its sad you think this way. I think you raised a legitimate question here..

whatcdfan
06-29-2011, 03:38 PM
is this thread done ?
all drama over ?

If you start visiting the other sections of this board, you wouldn't need to bump an old thread for supreme entertainment.

Evelyn
07-05-2011, 06:48 AM
is this thread done ?
all drama over ?
If you start visiting the other sections of this board, you wouldn't need to bump an old thread for supreme entertainment.

i guess this is one of the fuck-free thread with legitimate issues