PDA

View Full Version : Why I Feel That Console Gaming Is Better Then Pc

Vamp
11-08-2003, 10:01 PM
What I Own

I own the 3 best consoles

PS2
Xbox
Dreamcast (I refuse to buy a gamecube because there are no games on it that appeal to me!)

I play them all on a 150CM (around 74") TV with a dolby surround 5:1 sound setup. All my consoles are chipped so I can play copies on them.

I also have a relativly good PC, and I honestly say that Console gaming far surpasses PC Gaming.

Why?

With console games you just pop the CD into your system and you're ready to play without having to install and without having to pray to God that the game will run nicely.

I prefer playing FPS's on consoles with the Controllers to playing with a Keyboard and Mouse...With Halo on Xbox, my thumbs adapt easily to the controls while on PC I find it more harder to play. (maybe because there is a shorter distance between keys on a controller then on a keyboard.)

The graphics for PS2 and Xbox on my TV are much crisper and clearer then what I can get on a 17" PC monitor (especially on Xbox) where games like Splinter Cell and Halo are far superior to the graphics on the PC version. You'll never, ever have to worry about upgrading your console to be able to play a single game or worry about hardware drivers etc, until 3 or 4 years after the latest console is released, when a new one comes out.

With split-screen multiplayer on my TV, when playing a 2 person game each person has a screen the size of a PC monitor, so that's not a problem... However 97% of the time, I'll be playing games Single Player, so let's keep this thread to just that. No Multiplayer talk.

a Geforce FX5900 costs around $400... That's the hardware alot of people say is superior to both the Xbox and PS2 graphical power, however those people forget that with that money, you can get both a PS2 and Xbox! Plus, seeing as consoles are made specifically for games and use their resources for nothing else, one cannot compare Console specs with PC specs. The Xbox has a 64MB 3D Card if I'm correct, however that plays games like Halo incredibly smoothly, while if you were to play that on a PC on high settings you'd need a 128MB card at least.

My friend spent around $2000 buying a:

P4 3.2GHZ
1 gig Ram
Geforce FX5600
500GB HD
LCD Flatron Monitor (which was a big mistake as all the games he plays seem really blurry and have transparent trails)

He is perhaps the biggest gamer I know, he owns 4 consoles (same like mine + Gamecube) and over 200 games for each, around 476 for PS2. He agrees that he prefers Console gaming because there are more experimental and original games that come out for them... However he says he'll only play FPS's on PC (Halo was an exception) I on the other hand, can play FPS's on consoles and have alot of fun. I'm indifferent to using a Keyboard and Mouse or a Controller. He is also right about the games... PC's mainly get FPS's (65%) Third Person Action/Adventure and RTS, with the odd Sports game here and there. I admit that Strategy is bad on consoles, except for Gladius, which is supposed to be quite good.

Consoles also come out first with more original games... L.A True Crimes, Cookies and Milk, Blinx the Time Sweeper, Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time, Silent Hill 2, This game where you draw your characters and the system places them into the game as a 3D, playable model, can't remember the name of the game though, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City, Splinter Cell, Head-Hunter, Shenmu and Socom with it's voice-activated friendly AI etc.

Console games usually get higher marks then PC games for the ratio of Console games being released in contrast with PC games. Also note that Soul Calibur on Dreamcast got the coveted 10/10 on IGN.com

All the best games I've ever played appeared first on consoles before being ported to PC... And the console versions are still better.

Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA 3 and Vice City
Halo
Hitman 2
Silent Hill 2

Etc.

Onto Mods... Alot of people use this in defence of PC games. Yes, downloading new mods and levels is not so readily available on consoles as it is on PC's but it's getting there. Local magazines here in South Africa release fan-made mods and missions on a Demo CD which can be installed onto the Xbox Box, and with Xbox Live, you can download missions to games such as Splinter Cell... I can see modding on consoles to become more popular soon.

Now we come to prices.

I have a P4 1.7GHZ, 256MB DDram, 20Gig HD, 17" Monitor and a Geforce 4 MX440... This came to around $700 wholesale. (PC's are quite expensive here)

A PS2 and Xbox, chipped, would come to around $500...There you have above-PC Standard gaming at a low price and games are now practically free. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping PC Gaming at all... I think it's awesome, however it's just too expensive and too tedious to have to always upgrade and worry about your systems performance in games when you can just buy a console and not have to hassle over that again!

All in all, in my opinion...Consoles are better for gaming then PC's. If you're going to reply to this thread, do so in a legible and intelligable way, don't flame me or call me a N00b or some wacky crap like that. This is an in-depth debate, so if you're going to argue for or against Consoles... Do say with a backed up opinion!

Evil Gemini
11-08-2003, 10:54 PM
I wish people would stop making these stupid ass threads about console VS pc.

Their are hundreds of them and just the other day their were two of them. :angry:

Xare
11-08-2003, 10:56 PM
There is alot of Potential for console gaming...

But can't you play MMORPG's on console yet... or many other Multiplay games.

You want to keep this thread just for single play ? Screw that .. its not fair.. Your title says Console "gaming" is better then PC..

Well if your talking "gaming" you HAVE to include multiplayer. Its reality.

Consoles are find and dandy for single player now... But i have this nice powerfull PC right here... Its capable of a much more Exciting "gaming" experence. I can play with my friends and family. I can make new friends...

Multiplayer gaming is our future... Single player gets BORING.. fast.

Where is the challenge ?

Soon consoles will move onto focusing on multiplayer gameing.. They have already started. Untill i can play a MMORPG like everquest 2 or world of warcraft... Consoles will be the underdog.

joalien
11-08-2003, 11:10 PM
you obviously have not seen the merits of clanplay.

joeyipod
11-08-2003, 11:28 PM
PC's will always be more surperior to consoles...

I never have to worry if my comp won't run my games as it is always up-to-date consoles are shit specially the (Shit-Box) there controlers are fuckn' shit there so big you have to use your whole fist to hit a button. X-box has 1 good game Halo but it soooooooooooo much better on pc graphic wise.

Fuck you console lovers PC will always be that 1 step ahead!

:angry:

Stonecoldfreak1
11-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Vamp@8 November 2003 - 22:01
What I Own

PS2
Xbox
Dreamcast (I refuse to buy a gamecube because there are no games on it that appeal to me!)

I play them all on a 150CM (around 74") TV with a dolby surround 5:1 sound setup. All my consoles are chipped so I can play copies on them.

I also have a relativly good PC, and I honestly say that Console gaming far surpasses PC Gaming.

Why?

With console games you just pop the CD into your system and you're ready to play without having to install and without having to pray to God that the game will run nicely.

I prefer playing FPS's on consoles with the Controllers to playing with a Keyboard and Mouse...With Halo on Xbox, my thumbs adapt easily to the controls while on PC I find it more harder to play. (maybe because there is a shorter distance between keys on a controller then on a keyboard.)

The graphics for PS2 and Xbox on my TV are much crisper and clearer then what I can get on a 17" PC monitor (especially on Xbox) where games like Splinter Cell and Halo are far superior to the graphics on the PC version. You'll never, ever have to worry about upgrading your console to be able to play a single game or worry about hardware drivers etc, until 3 or 4 years after the latest console is released, when a new one comes out.

With split-screen multiplayer on my TV, when playing a 2 person game each person has a screen the size of a PC monitor, so that's not a problem... However 97% of the time, I'll be playing games Single Player, so let's keep this thread to just that. No Multiplayer talk.

a Geforce FX5900 costs around $400... That's the hardware alot of people say is superior to both the Xbox and PS2 graphical power, however those people forget that with that money, you can get both a PS2 and Xbox! Plus, seeing as consoles are made specifically for games and use their resources for nothing else, one cannot compare Console specs with PC specs. The Xbox has a 64MB 3D Card if I'm correct, however that plays games like Halo incredibly smoothly, while if you were to play that on a PC on high settings you'd need a 128MB card at least.

My friend spent around $2000 buying a:

P4 3.2GHZ
1 gig Ram
Geforce FX5600
500GB HD
LCD Flatron Monitor (which was a big mistake as all the games he plays seem really blurry and have transparent trails)

He is perhaps the biggest gamer I know, he owns 4 consoles (same like mine + Gamecube) and over 200 games for each, around 476 for PS2. He agrees that he prefers Console gaming because there are more experimental and original games that come out for them... However he says he'll only play FPS's on PC (Halo was an exception) I on the other hand, can play FPS's on consoles and have alot of fun. I'm indifferent to using a Keyboard and Mouse or a Controller. He is also right about the games... PC's mainly get FPS's (65%) Third Person Action/Adventure and RTS, with the odd Sports game here and there. I admit that Strategy is bad on consoles, except for Gladius, which is supposed to be quite good.

Consoles also come out first with more original games... L.A True Crimes, Cookies and Milk, Blinx the Time Sweeper, Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time, Silent Hill 2, This game where you draw your characters and the system places them into the game as a 3D, playable model, can't remember the name of the game though, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City, Splinter Cell, Head-Hunter, Shenmu and Socom with it's voice-activated friendly AI etc.

Console games usually get higher marks then PC games for the ratio of Console games being released in contrast with PC games. Also note that Soul Calibur on Dreamcast got the coveted 10/10 on IGN.com

All the best games I've ever played appeared first on consoles before being ported to PC... And the console versions are still better.

Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA 3 and Vice City
Halo
Hitman 2
Silent Hill 2

Etc.

Onto Mods... Alot of people use this in defence of PC games. Yes, downloading new mods and levels is not so readily available on consoles as it is on PC's but it's getting there. Local magazines here in South Africa release fan-made mods and missions on a Demo CD which can be installed onto the Xbox Box, and with Xbox Live, you can download missions to games such as Splinter Cell... I can see modding on consoles to become more popular soon.

Now we come to prices.

I have a P4 1.7GHZ, 256MB DDram, 20Gig HD, 17" Monitor and a Geforce 4 MX440... This came to around $700 wholesale. (PC's are quite expensive here)

A PS2 and Xbox, chipped, would come to around $500...There you have above-PC Standard gaming at a low price and games are now practically free. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping PC Gaming at all... I think it's awesome, however it's just too expensive and too tedious to have to always upgrade and worry about your systems performance in games when you can just buy a console and not have to hassle over that again!

All in all, in my opinion...Consoles are better for gaming then PC's. If you're going to reply to this thread, do so in a legible and intelligable way, don't flame me or call me a N00b or some wacky crap like that. This is an in-depth debate, so if you're going to argue for or against Consoles... Do say with a backed up opinion!
AMEN :beerchug:

Vamp
11-08-2003, 11:34 PM
See, you're a moron... You cannot make an intelligable comment... Stop blaming the controllers, that's the biggest exscuse you console-haters come up with... Do you own any consoles? You get used to the controls... If you can't then you have carpal tunnel syndrome... You can buy the smaller Xbox S Controller, or get the the Triscenian Chaos adapter which allows you to use PS2 or Dreamcast Controllers... The default controllers for Xbox are awesome, I got used to them the second I touched them. And Halo is not the only good game.

Splinter Cell
Silent Hill 2
Hitman 2
Shenmue
Dead To Rights
Fatal Frame

etc.

And by the way, when you play on a 150cm screen, nothing beats those graphics. Ign even gave Halo on PC lower points for graphics then the Xbox version.

The main reason I play games is because it acts as an interactive movie. I like games because of the storyline and fun... I can't stand playing games with no storyline against other people.

Edit: Sorry Stonecold! Not you! I'm talking about JoeyIpod, who's trying to make himself feel good by bashing consoles because he doesn't have one and will never be able to play revolutionary games the way they should be played!

Twist3r
11-09-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1+9 November 2003 - 00:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stonecoldfreak1 @ 9 November 2003 - 00:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vamp@8 November 2003 - 22:01
What I Own

PS2
Xbox
Dreamcast (I refuse to buy a gamecube because there are no games on it that appeal to me&#33;)

Why?

With console games you just pop the CD into your system and you&#39;re ready to play without having to install and without having to pray to God that the game will run nicely.

I prefer playing FPS&#39;s on consoles with the Controllers to playing with a Keyboard and Mouse...With Halo on Xbox, my thumbs adapt easily to the controls while on PC I find it more harder to play. (maybe because there is a shorter distance between keys on a controller then on a keyboard.)

The graphics for PS2 and Xbox on my TV are much crisper and clearer then what I can get on a 17" PC monitor (especially on Xbox) where games like Splinter Cell and Halo are far superior to the graphics on the PC version. You&#39;ll never, ever have to worry about upgrading your console to be able to play a single game or worry about hardware drivers etc, until 3 or 4 years after the latest console is released, when a new one comes out.

With split-screen multiplayer on my TV, when playing a 2 person game each person has a screen the size of a PC monitor, so that&#39;s not a problem... However 97% of the time, I&#39;ll be playing games Single Player, so let&#39;s keep this thread to just that. No Multiplayer talk.

a Geforce FX5900 costs around &#036;400... That&#39;s the hardware alot of people say is superior to both the Xbox and PS2 graphical power, however those people forget that with that money, you can get both a PS2 and Xbox&#33; Plus, seeing as consoles are made specifically for games and use their resources for nothing else, one cannot compare Console specs with PC specs. The Xbox has a 64MB 3D Card if I&#39;m correct, however that plays games like Halo incredibly smoothly, while if you were to play that on a PC on high settings you&#39;d need a 128MB card at least.

My friend spent around &#036;2000 buying a:

P4 3.2GHZ
1 gig Ram
Geforce FX5600
500GB HD

He is perhaps the biggest gamer I know, he owns 4 consoles (same like mine + Gamecube) and over 200 games for each, around 476 for PS2. He agrees that he prefers Console gaming because there are more experimental and original games that come out for them... However he says he&#39;ll only play FPS&#39;s on PC (Halo was an exception) I on the other hand, can play FPS&#39;s on consoles and have alot of fun. I&#39;m indifferent to using a Keyboard and Mouse or a Controller. He is also right about the games... PC&#39;s mainly get FPS&#39;s (65%) Third Person Action/Adventure and RTS, with the odd Sports game here and there. I admit that Strategy is bad on consoles, except for Gladius, which is supposed to be quite good.

Consoles also come out first with more original games... L.A True Crimes, Cookies and Milk, Blinx the Time Sweeper, Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time, Silent Hill 2, This game where you draw your characters and the system places them into the game as a 3D, playable model, can&#39;t remember the name of the game though, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City, Splinter Cell, Head-Hunter, Shenmu and Socom with it&#39;s voice-activated friendly AI etc.

All the best games I&#39;ve ever played appeared first on consoles before being ported to PC... And the console versions are still better.

Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA 3 and Vice City
Halo
Hitman 2
Silent Hill 2

Etc.

Onto Mods... Alot of people use this in defence of PC games. Yes, downloading new mods and levels is not so readily available on consoles as it is on PC&#39;s but it&#39;s getting there. Local magazines here in South Africa release fan-made mods and missions on a Demo CD which can be installed onto the Xbox Box, and with Xbox Live, you can download missions to games such as Splinter Cell... I can see modding on consoles to become more popular soon.

Now we come to prices.

I have a P4 1.7GHZ, 256MB DDram, 20Gig HD, 17" Monitor and a Geforce 4 MX440... This came to around &#036;700 wholesale. (PC&#39;s are quite expensive here)

A PS2 and Xbox, chipped, would come to around &#036;500...There you have above-PC Standard gaming at a low price and games are now practically free. Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;m not ripping PC Gaming at all... I think it&#39;s awesome, however it&#39;s just too expensive and too tedious to have to always upgrade and worry about your systems performance in games when you can just buy a console and not have to hassle over that again&#33;

All in all, in my opinion...Consoles are better for gaming then PC&#39;s. If you&#39;re going to reply to this thread, do so in a legible and intelligable way, don&#39;t flame me or call me a N00b or some wacky crap like that. This is an in-depth debate, so if you&#39;re going to argue for or against Consoles... Do say with a backed up opinion&#33;
AMEN :beerchug: [/b][/quote]
i second that amen :D

Smith
11-09-2003, 01:04 AM
the reason pc&#39;s will always over run consoles is

#1 aiming on pc&#39;s is way way way way way betterx50000 instead of that fuckin retarded aiming with that little fucktaded stick on the middle of it. how the fuck am i suppose 2 aim with that??

Smith
11-09-2003, 01:05 AM

#1 aiming on pc&#39;s is way way way way way betterx50000 instead of that fuckin retarded aiming with that little fucktaded stick on the middle of it. how the fuck am i suppose 2 aim with that??

Stonecoldfreak1
11-09-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@9 November 2003 - 01:05

your complaing about consoles when you cant even use a mouse to begin with?

InverseKinetix
11-09-2003, 01:18 AM
Isnt Micro&#036;oft stopping development of DirectX at version 10? I read that somewhere.

As for PC vs Console, I can&#39;t see what the argument is. Theyre both f**king great. Just better for different kind of gameplay. Theres no doubt that Pc&#39;s rock when it comes to online multiplayer gaming, and consoles are great for all games but they lack the online capabilities now.

I have x box ps2 and 2 kick ass pc&#39;s, I love playing them all. BTW unreal and quake looks awesome on a 1.5 metre data projector display, so does Halo and Marvel vs X men 2.

Its kind of funny, I wonder if there was this kind of debate when we had the choice of a commodore64 or a famicon.

silent VI
11-09-2003, 01:44 AM
thers is no better you cannot compare a console to a pc think about it there in ther own leauge i thin kthere all great (nintendo company eas shit) i couldnt be without my ps2 i love my xbox and i love my pc all the same i wouldnt choise either 1 of them over the other

Pitbul
11-09-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Vamp@8 November 2003 - 16:34
See, you&#39;re a moron... You cannot make an intelligable comment... Stop blaming the controllers, that&#39;s the biggest exscuse you console-haters come up with... Do you own any consoles? You get used to the controls... If you can&#39;t then you have carpal tunnel syndrome... You can buy the smaller Xbox S Controller, or get the the Triscenian Chaos adapter which allows you to use PS2 or Dreamcast Controllers... The default controllers for Xbox are awesome, I got used to them the second I touched them. And Halo is not the only good game.

Splinter Cell
Silent Hill 2
Hitman 2
Shenmue
Dead To Rights
Fatal Frame

etc.

And by the way, when you play on a 150cm screen, nothing beats those graphics. Ign even gave Halo on PC lower points for graphics then the Xbox version.

The main reason I play games is because it acts as an interactive movie. I like games because of the storyline and fun... I can&#39;t stand playing games with no storyline against other people.

Edit: Sorry Stonecold&#33; Not you&#33; I&#39;m talking about JoeyIpod, who&#39;s trying to make himself feel good by bashing consoles because he doesn&#39;t have one and will never be able to play revolutionary games the way they should be played&#33;
i&#39;ll tell you right now. take your own advice you fuckin moron. IGN gave halo lower graphical pionts because they did not improve the graphics for PC. they only got as good as they do on the X-Box cause bungee was cheap and didn&#39;t want the hassel of going all through coding and on. if they did then it would have been a completely diffrent story. and you sayin a good Gaming PC cant compare to console gaming cause of price? well i got a P4 2.4 533MHz FSB PC with 1 gig DDR RAM a 9800 XT a 80 gig HDD a CD-RW and DVD-ROM for &#036;1000. not to mention i&#39;ll have graphics on this PC you wont see surpassed till the next gen consoles roll out in 2 years. not to mention that extra programming and all kinds of features having to be turned down on the upcoming titles like Doom 3 and HL2 (whenever the fuck its out) for the X-Box cause it cant handle them power wise. as far as controllers go. yes Console controllers fair well "somtimes" given the devs put effort into them. other then that i prefer a mouse for more control. just about anyone who has a little expierence would own anybody on a console controller in an Online match in Halo. also count your consoles all for its original retail. the ps2 was 300 and so was the X-Box and the dreamcast well its so old just count it as 50 dollars. now add that oh so impressive 70+ inch TV :rolleyes: (he must like man dick cause when he watches porn he likes to see it as detailed as possible) then any sound system? now add any online charges for X-Box live or the Online Adapter for the Ps2 then monthly internet cost. how much is that? not only that but a TV&#39;s res is limited so everything wont be as detailed which is good cause most consoles aren&#39;t ment to go any higher on res or they loose FPS. unlike most PC&#39;s which can go way beyond a TV&#39;s res. before you say i hate consoles oh so much i do own a Ps2 and play it somewhat often. i only reply cause you talk out of your ass and you act like a console is a god send spoutin off your mouth rather quick. their are some good games coming out for the Ps2 and one im eagerly anticipating is Killzone and second would be MGS3 a few others but not to important to list. but what about Doom 3 which is coming to PC first? or HL2? for Far Cry which i think is PC only. same with Deus Ex 2: IW? and Medal Of Honor Pacific Assualt? thats a PC Exclusive. the devs are making Rising Sun for consoles but its short and nowhere near as advance as PA. for one PA has way better graphics. second it has the new Havok 2.0 engine. that and the facial movements are detail are almost exactly like HL2. while if you watch a trailer for RS you&#39;d laugh at it after watching the PA Trailer.

TheDave
11-09-2003, 01:50 AM
ooh, i just thought of an arguement.

a console costs about £100, but an equivilent pc cost £100s more

i just read and everyone made that point. i suck :(

Formula1
11-09-2003, 02:02 AM
What I Own

PS2
Xbox
Dreamcast (I refuse to buy a gamecube because there are no games on it that appeal to me&#33;)

Why?

With console games you just pop the CD into your system and you&#39;re ready to play without having to install and without having to pray to God that the game will run nicely.

I prefer playing FPS&#39;s on consoles with the Controllers to playing with a Keyboard and Mouse...With Halo on Xbox, my thumbs adapt easily to the controls while on PC I find it more harder to play. (maybe because there is a shorter distance between keys on a controller then on a keyboard.)

The graphics for PS2 and Xbox on my TV are much crisper and clearer then what I can get on a 17" PC monitor (especially on Xbox) where games like Splinter Cell and Halo are far superior to the graphics on the PC version. You&#39;ll never, ever have to worry about upgrading your console to be able to play a single game or worry about hardware drivers etc, until 3 or 4 years after the latest console is released, when a new one comes out.

With split-screen multiplayer on my TV, when playing a 2 person game each person has a screen the size of a PC monitor, so that&#39;s not a problem... However 97% of the time, I&#39;ll be playing games Single Player, so let&#39;s keep this thread to just that. No Multiplayer talk.

a Geforce FX5900 costs around &#036;400... That&#39;s the hardware alot of people say is superior to both the Xbox and PS2 graphical power, however those people forget that with that money, you can get both a PS2 and Xbox&#33; Plus, seeing as consoles are made specifically for games and use their resources for nothing else, one cannot compare Console specs with PC specs. The Xbox has a 64MB 3D Card if I&#39;m correct, however that plays games like Halo incredibly smoothly, while if you were to play that on a PC on high settings you&#39;d need a 128MB card at least.

P4 3.2GHZ
1 gig Ram
Geforce FX5600
500GB HD

He is perhaps the biggest gamer I know, he owns 4 consoles (same like mine + Gamecube) and over 200 games for each, around 476 for PS2. He agrees that he prefers Console gaming because there are more experimental and original games that come out for them... However he says he&#39;ll only play FPS&#39;s on PC (Halo was an exception) I on the other hand, can play FPS&#39;s on consoles and have alot of fun. I&#39;m indifferent to using a Keyboard and Mouse or a Controller. He is also right about the games... PC&#39;s mainly get FPS&#39;s (65%) Third Person Action/Adventure and RTS, with the odd Sports game here and there. I admit that Strategy is bad on consoles, except for Gladius, which is supposed to be quite good.

Consoles also come out first with more original games... L.A True Crimes, Cookies and Milk, Blinx the Time Sweeper, Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time, Silent Hill 2, This game where you draw your characters and the system places them into the game as a 3D, playable model, can&#39;t remember the name of the game though, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City, Splinter Cell, Head-Hunter, Shenmu and Socom with it&#39;s voice-activated friendly AI etc.

All the best games I&#39;ve ever played appeared first on consoles before being ported to PC... And the console versions are still better.

Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA 3 and Vice City
Halo
Hitman 2
Silent Hill 2

Etc.

Onto Mods... Alot of people use this in defence of PC games. Yes, downloading new mods and levels is not so readily available on consoles as it is on PC&#39;s but it&#39;s getting there. Local magazines here in South Africa release fan-made mods and missions on a Demo CD which can be installed onto the Xbox Box, and with Xbox Live, you can download missions to games such as Splinter Cell... I can see modding on consoles to become more popular soon.

Now we come to prices.

I have a P4 1.7GHZ, 256MB DDram, 20Gig HD, 17" Monitor and a Geforce 4 MX440... This came to around &#036;700 wholesale. (PC&#39;s are quite expensive here)

A PS2 and Xbox, chipped, would come to around &#036;500...There you have above-PC Standard gaming at a low price and games are now practically free. Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;m not ripping PC Gaming at all... I think it&#39;s awesome, however it&#39;s just too expensive and too tedious to have to always upgrade and worry about your systems performance in games when you can just buy a console and not have to hassle over that again&#33;

All in all, in my opinion...Consoles are better for gaming then PC&#39;s. If you&#39;re going to reply to this thread, do so in a legible and intelligable way, don&#39;t flame me or call me a N00b or some wacky crap like that. This is an in-depth debate, so if you&#39;re going to argue for or against Consoles... Do say with a backed up opinion&#33;
Yeah you&#39;re pretty correct, and im not trying to be rude but also 50-60% of PC_GAMES_ARE_PURE_Crap , by this i am meaning that most pc games are developed by amatueur Developers (developers new to creating a game i mean). The only good types of games that Pc&#39;s tendo to have are First person shooter and MMORPG&#39;s , but as for consoles it has alot of great FROM ALL DIFFERENT types of Genre&#39;s (such as fighting , racing , rpg, platformers , action adventure and many others , which Pc&#39;s dont have).

Psycho_Medic
11-09-2003, 03:32 AM

P4 3.2GHZ
1 gig Ram
Geforce FX5600
500GB HD
Your friend is an idiot...

Psycho_Medic
11-09-2003, 03:41 AM
The console is a shitty computer crammed into a tiny box without a keybord or a monitor and no speakers. you have to buy a tv, controlers, and you have to buy online gaming crap monthly i think for most of the games. You cant edit anything in a console, you cant get on the net or download games or anything with that pos. also the resolution can only go up to a certin height and if you dont have a computer the only way to look at porn is to buy movies and magizenes lol

*edit*
and all you retards that are like i bought a graphics card for 20k when i could of bought a console for &#036;2 are bein really stupid because if you bought some video card that equaled the graphics of a console and couldnt change the resoultion, download new updated drivers, change color quality, or connect to multiple monitors and crap then it would be like a &#036;20 graphics card.

although i do have like 20 reasons why console is better but i have already chosen sides

Vamp
11-09-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@9 November 2003 - 01:05

Umm...Ok.

I can aim fine with the Xbox controller, just push the sensitivity on games up to your standard, and as I said before, you get used to them... Either that or I don&#39;t know what your hands look like... All gnarled up and shit.

Don&#39;t try and rip consoles because of their controls, because that is the #1 exscuse people use to bash consoles.

And just by the way, a Keyboard and Mouse is available for PS2 and with a mod-chip and BIOS, there are for Xbox as well ;)

So check out your facts before making bad attempts at making PC&#39;s look better then consoles... And by the way, after playing Halo for an hour with the Xbox controller, I could play and aim just as well as with a mouse and keyboard.

Vamp
11-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Psycho_Medic@9 November 2003 - 03:41
The console is a shitty computer crammed into a tiny box without a keybord or a monitor and no speakers. you have to buy a tv, controlers, and you have to buy online gaming crap monthly i think for most of the games. You cant edit anything in a console, you cant get on the net or download games or anything with that pos. also the resolution can only go up to a certin height and if you dont have a computer the only way to look at porn is to buy movies and magizenes lol

*edit*
and all you retards that are like i bought a graphics card for 20k when i could of bought a console for &#036;2 are bein really stupid because if you bought some video card that equaled the graphics of a console and couldnt change the resoultion, download new updated drivers, change color quality, or connect to multiple monitors and crap then it would be like a &#036;20 graphics card.

although i do have like 20 reasons why console is better but i have already chosen sides
Ok...Another shitty exscuse is "I could have gotten something... But didn&#39;t"

You obviously could not have gotten a console for &#036;2, because if you could, you would have bought that piece of Stolen machinery right away, whether you like consoles or not.

Second of all, I can download upgrades and mods fine with PS2-Online and Xbox-live. Although I prefer getting my mods on magazines.

And w&#39;er talking about games not porn,

ngemei
11-09-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by joeyipod@8 November 2003 - 23:28
PC&#39;s will always be more surperior to consoles...

I never have to worry if my comp won&#39;t run my games as it is always up-to-date consoles are shit specially the (Shit-Box) there controlers are fuckn&#39; shit there so big you have to use your whole fist to hit a button. X-box has 1 good game Halo but it soooooooooooo much better on pc graphic wise.

Fuck you console lovers PC will always be that 1 step ahead&#33;

I agree that console will never beat PC.

Console is for kids. Is there any strategic games designed for console? I dont think so&#33;&#33; How about LAN games? I dont think so either.. Maybe, who know which dumb ass will bring their own tv to gather in onw place for that purpose. Or, there might be some rich ass that is willing to built one game room provided with tvs for each player on diff console&#33;&#33;...

PC can do all those mentioned above without any hazard.

PC gaming rules&#33;&#33;&#33; :ph34r:

iamtheoneandonlyone
11-09-2003, 08:39 AM
Ummm... you do make a point but I don&#39;t think the Dreamcast and XBOX are the best consoles. I think it&#39;s the PS2, Gamecube, and PS1. You do make good points on how it is better then PC but everyone will like PC because you don&#39;t have to burn anything to play it. You can just play it by installing it.

Vamp
11-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Pitbul+9 November 2003 - 01:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 9 November 2003 - 01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vamp@8 November 2003 - 16:34
See, you&#39;re a moron... You cannot make an intelligable comment... Stop blaming the controllers, that&#39;s the biggest exscuse you console-haters come up with... Do you own any consoles? You get used to the controls... If you can&#39;t then you have carpal tunnel syndrome... You can buy the smaller Xbox S Controller, or get the the Triscenian Chaos adapter which allows you to use PS2 or Dreamcast Controllers...&nbsp; The default controllers for Xbox are awesome, I got used to them the second I touched them. And Halo is not the only good game.

Splinter Cell
Silent Hill 2
Hitman 2
Shenmue
Dead To Rights
Fatal Frame

etc.

The main reason I play games is because it acts as an interactive movie. I like games because of the storyline and fun... I can&#39;t stand playing games with no storyline against other people.

Edit: Sorry Stonecold&#33; Not you&#33; I&#39;m talking about JoeyIpod, who&#39;s trying to make himself feel good by bashing consoles because he doesn&#39;t have one and will never be able to play revolutionary games the way they should be played&#33;
i&#39;ll tell you right now. take your own advice you fuckin moron. IGN gave halo lower graphical pionts because they did not improve the graphics for PC. they only got as good as they do on the X-Box cause bungee was cheap and didn&#39;t want the hassel of going all through coding and on. if they did then it would have been a completely diffrent story. and you sayin a good Gaming PC cant compare to console gaming cause of price? well i got a P4 2.4 533MHz FSB PC with 1 gig DDR RAM a 9800 XT a 80 gig HDD a CD-RW and DVD-ROM for &#036;1000. not to mention i&#39;ll have graphics on this PC you wont see surpassed till the next gen consoles roll out in 2 years. not to mention that extra programming and all kinds of features having to be turned down on the upcoming titles like Doom 3 and HL2 (whenever the fuck its out) for the X-Box cause it cant handle them power wise. as far as controllers go. yes Console controllers fair well "somtimes" given the devs put effort into them. other then that i prefer a mouse for more control. just about anyone who has a little expierence would own anybody on a console controller in an Online match in Halo. also count your consoles all for its original retail. the ps2 was 300 and so was the X-Box and the dreamcast well its so old just count it as 50 dollars. now add that oh so impressive 70+ inch TV :rolleyes: (he must like man dick cause when he watches porn he likes to see it as detailed as possible) then any sound system? now add any online charges for X-Box live or the Online Adapter for the Ps2 then monthly internet cost. how much is that? not only that but a TV&#39;s res is limited so everything wont be as detailed which is good cause most consoles aren&#39;t ment to go any higher on res or they loose FPS. unlike most PC&#39;s which can go way beyond a TV&#39;s res. before you say i hate consoles oh so much i do own a Ps2 and play it somewhat often. i only reply cause you talk out of your ass and you act like a console is a god send spoutin off your mouth rather quick. their are some good games coming out for the Ps2 and one im eagerly anticipating is Killzone and second would be MGS3 a few others but not to important to list. but what about Doom 3 which is coming to PC first? or HL2? for Far Cry which i think is PC only. same with Deus Ex 2: IW? and Medal Of Honor Pacific Assualt? thats a PC Exclusive. the devs are making Rising Sun for consoles but its short and nowhere near as advance as PA. for one PA has way better graphics. second it has the new Havok 2.0 engine. that and the facial movements are detail are almost exactly like HL2. while if you watch a trailer for RS you&#39;d laugh at it after watching the PA Trailer. [/b][/quote]
Why insult me? Did I insult you ever? Make your point in an intelligable way, don&#39;t give off jealous comments like "he must like man dick cause when he watches porn he likes to see it as detailed as possible" and please, learn how to spell... It&#39;s L-O-S-E&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Not L-O-O-S-E that means something is not tight, like your intelligence. You&#39;re a moron, how old are you? Thirteen?

Second. Congratulations on blowing all that money on a PC... You could have gotten a console like Xbox that will run Splinter Cell 2, Halo 2 and Deus Ex 2 without any slowdown, like your machine will do on Halo 2.

"not to mention i&#39;ll have graphics on this PC you wont see surpassed till the next gen consoles roll out in 2 years. " Your PC cannot generate good graphics... If the developers put shit effort into a game, it will look shit, not matter how advanced your PC. The graphics on Xbox will look just as good on the console as it will on your PC (Only better on my setup).

No programming or graphics are being turned down for the Xbox version of Doom 3, according to ID, it will look and play with perfect performance, with detail the equivalent of a PC&#39;s high detail.

"which i think is PC only. same with Deus Ex 2: IW? " I&#39;m talking out of my ass? DE is coming out for Xbox... Check your facts before posting on here.

Vamp
11-09-2003, 11:48 AM
This post has been deleted.

Vamp
11-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ngemei+9 November 2003 - 08:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ngemei @ 9 November 2003 - 08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-joeyipod@8 November 2003 - 23:28

I never have to worry if my comp won&#39;t run my games as it is always up-to-date consoles are shit specially the (Shit-Box) there controlers are fuckn&#39; shit there so big you have to use your whole fist to hit a button.&nbsp; X-box has 1 good game Halo but it soooooooooooo much better on pc graphic wise.

Console is for kids. Is there any strategic games designed for console? I dont think so&#33;&#33; How about LAN games? I dont think so either.. Maybe, who know which dumb ass will bring their own tv to gather in onw place for that purpose. Or, there might be some rich ass that is willing to built one game room provided with tvs for each player on diff console&#33;&#33;...

PC gaming rules&#33;&#33;&#33; :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
I&#39;m sorry, but Gamecube is the only console meant for Kids.

Let&#39;s go over the Mature games. Not meant for children, and even that has some mature games.

Halo
Silent Hill 2 and 3
Hitman 2
Splinter Cell
Turok: Evolution

And countless others.

Since when are strategy games only for adults? Never seen kids play Wacraft 3? Crap. And by the way, Gladius is an RTS that&#39;s out for Xbox and PS2 and have gotten good reviews... And what about the Final Fantasy series.

To the other guy that said my friend is an idiot... He&#39;s not... He&#39;s just very VERY rich. When he got his new PC, he gave away his Geforce 4 TI4600 Ultra XTC for FREE. Plus, with a system link you can play lan games. And what about the TV? When you play PC games LAN you have to lug around a 19" monitor don&#39;t you?

Vamp
11-09-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by iamtheoneandonlyone@9 November 2003 - 08:39
Ummm... you do make a point but I don&#39;t think the Dreamcast and XBOX are the best consoles. I think it&#39;s the PS2, Gamecube, and PS1. You do make good points on how it is better then PC but everyone will like PC because you don&#39;t have to burn anything to play it. You can just play it by installing it.
Well, when you have a PS2 you have a PS1 as well... In my opinion Dreamcast has better games then Gamecube, Shenmu, Berserk, Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur etc... I havn&#39;t played any gamecube games I like.

If you get a copied PC game, it&#39;s still a burnt copy is it not? Anyway, I get my Xbox and PS2 games for free from my friend who gets them for around .90 US Cents each.

Formula1
11-09-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ngemei+9 November 2003 - 08:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ngemei @ 9 November 2003 - 08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-joeyipod@8 November 2003 - 23:28

I never have to worry if my comp won&#39;t run my games as it is always up-to-date consoles are shit specially the (Shit-Box) there controlers are fuckn&#39; shit there so big you have to use your whole fist to hit a button.&nbsp; X-box has 1 good game Halo but it soooooooooooo much better on pc graphic wise.

PC gaming rules&#33;&#33;&#33; :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Laughing my ass off kid. Do you know that the average owners of a playstation 2 and an xbox are averagely 25 years old ? Get your facts straight kid. And as for strategy games , they arent for only adults lol, i have seen alot of 12-15 year olds play these kind of games...

Twist3r
11-09-2003, 06:06 PM
its impossible to compair a pc and console there too diffrent&#33;&#33;&#33;

:P so lets stop our bitching and get alot :lol:

Mad Cat
11-09-2003, 08:42 PM
What I Own

PS2
Xbox

Why?

P4 3.2GHZ
1 gig Ram
Geforce FX5600
500GB HD

Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA 3 and Vice City
Halo
Hitman 2
Silent Hill 2

Etc.

Now we come to prices.

Why I feel you should stop posting these threads:
You say the same things, it&#39;s goddam annoying.

Oh and a few of those games that you say are better on consoles (I don&#39;t know how you can put up with Halo and Hitman 2 without a mouse) weren&#39;t ported to PC. GTA3 and Vice City weren&#39;t really ports, as they were also originally designed to be on PC too. Hitman 2 was not a port and was originally PC only. Halo was orginally going to be a PC game till it was introduced to Microsoft&#39;s wallet.

Vamp
11-09-2003, 08:53 PM
I finished Halo and Hitman 2 fine without a mouse...Just takes a little getting used to.

Mik3ll
11-09-2003, 08:55 PM
I say PC is better, you can get emulators and play console games on your computer instead of spending more money on games.

Mad Cat
11-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul+9 November 2003 - 01:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul &#064; 9 November 2003 - 01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vamp@8 November 2003 - 16:34
See, you&#39;re a moron... You cannot make an intelligable comment... Stop blaming the controllers, that&#39;s the biggest exscuse you console-haters come up with... Do you own any consoles? You get used to the controls... If you can&#39;t then you have carpal tunnel syndrome... You can buy the smaller Xbox S Controller, or get the the Triscenian Chaos adapter which allows you to use PS2 or Dreamcast Controllers... The default controllers for Xbox are awesome, I got used to them the second I touched them. And Halo is not the only good game.

Splinter Cell
Silent Hill 2
Hitman 2
Shenmue
Dead To Rights
Fatal Frame

etc.

i&#39;ll tell you right now. take your own advice you fuckin moron. IGN gave halo lower graphical pionts because they did not improve the graphics for PC. they only got as good as they do on the X-Box cause bungee was cheap and didn&#39;t want the hassel of going all through coding and on. if they did then it would have been a completely diffrent story. and you sayin a good Gaming PC cant compare to console gaming cause of price? well i got a P4 2.4 533MHz FSB PC with 1 gig DDR RAM a 9800 XT a 80 gig HDD a CD-RW and DVD-ROM for &#036;1000. not to mention i&#39;ll have graphics on this PC you wont see surpassed till the next gen consoles roll out in 2 years. not to mention that extra programming and all kinds of features having to be turned down on the upcoming titles like Doom 3 and HL2 (whenever the fuck its out) for the X-Box cause it cant handle them power wise. as far as controllers go. yes Console controllers fair well "somtimes" given the devs put effort into them. other then that i prefer a mouse for more control. just about anyone who has a little expierence would own anybody on a console controller in an Online match in Halo. also count your consoles all for its original retail. the ps2 was 300 and so was the X-Box and the dreamcast well its so old just count it as 50 dollars. now add that oh so impressive 70+ inch TV :rolleyes: (he must like man dick cause when he watches porn he likes to see it as detailed as possible) then any sound system? now add any online charges for X-Box live or the Online Adapter for the Ps2 then monthly internet cost. how much is that? not only that but a TV&#39;s res is limited so everything wont be as detailed which is good cause most consoles aren&#39;t ment to go any higher on res or they loose FPS. unlike most PC&#39;s which can go way beyond a TV&#39;s res. before you say i hate consoles oh so much i do own a Ps2 and play it somewhat often. i only reply cause you talk out of your ass and you act like a console is a god send spoutin off your mouth rather quick. their are some good games coming out for the Ps2 and one im eagerly anticipating is Killzone and second would be MGS3 a few others but not to important to list. but what about Doom 3 which is coming to PC first? or HL2? for Far Cry which i think is PC only. same with Deus Ex 2: IW? and Medal Of Honor Pacific Assualt? thats a PC Exclusive. the devs are making Rising Sun for consoles but its short and nowhere near as advance as PA. for one PA has way better graphics. second it has the new Havok 2.0 engine. that and the facial movements are detail are almost exactly like HL2. while if you watch a trailer for RS you&#39;d laugh at it after watching the PA Trailer. [/b][/quote]
I don&#39;t know what you are on about with the Halo graphics part.
1. It was done by Gearbox (of Opposing Force fame)
2. They let you put the game into Higher Resolution (up to 1600x200)

The thing about a lot of console gamers is they only compare the console games, and the console games ported to PC. PC versions getting lower scores (not becuase of crap ports) getting lower scores says to me that PC gamers have higher standards of games.

I finished Halo and Hitman 2 fine without a mouse...Just takes a little getting used to.

Exactly what everyone says, you had to get used to the controller.

Vamp
11-09-2003, 09:17 PM
When someone first plays a PC game with a keyboard and mouse, you have to get used to that as well...

There&#39;s no point whatsoever in getting emulators for PC&#39;s because then you have to spend double the price of the console getting the PC upgraded enough so it can actually run Xbox, GC or PS2 roms... Whereas you can just get a chip and play those games for nothing.

SniperInTheShadows
11-09-2003, 10:10 PM
omfg roflmfao, First it was "My consoles better than your&#39;s" and has now evolved into "My PC&#39;s better than your console"&#33;?

They&#39;re 2 totaly different types of machine, comparing a console to a PC is like comparing a painting to music, they can both give a person some form of enjoyment but are 2 totaly different form&#39;s of entertainment.

A console is designed mainly as a games machine, hence why games mostly tend to play better on a console, whereas a PC is more of a multimedia platform where game playing isn&#39;t it&#39;s only capabilities hence why PC games require higher and higher spec&#39;s and resources in order to keep up with the latest technology and make them run faster and better.

Besides, one person&#39;s views on which is better will alway&#39;s be different to another so there&#39;s not much point in saying "My consoles better than your PC" or anything like that as it doesn&#39;t matter to anyone but yourself really and the fact that you believe your console&#39;s better than a PC is all that should matter to you.

One last thing, "500GB HD"? WTF? I&#39;ve not heard anything about 500GB HD&#39;s, you sure that size is right? If so, where did he get it from and how much did he pay for that? lol (I&#39;d imagine a few hundred £&#39;s&#33;&#33; lol)

Sniper.

Triadcool
11-09-2003, 10:23 PM
Everybody thinks everbody elses concole is better. lol j/k :P

Mr. Peabody
11-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Not sure how one could compare a console to a PC.
I&#39;ll stick with my PC,tried playing Fps on PS2 and X-box-guess what the controls
suck&#33;
As for game quality I played my share of shit-bag titles on consoles to,
it&#39;s just a mater of taken a few minutes to look for a online review.

Also you want to play on a bigscreen,you get a card w/tv out.

I once seen a 500gb HD and CPU made from a Triscit,tinfoil and a piece of gum.
Oh that might have been on Macgyver.

Triadcool
11-09-2003, 11:39 PM
I also will always stick with my computer&#33;

Vamp
11-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by SniperInTheShadows@9 November 2003 - 22:10
omfg roflmfao, First it was "My consoles better than your&#39;s" and has now evolved into "My PC&#39;s better than your console"&#33;?

They&#39;re 2 totaly different types of machine, comparing a console to a PC is like comparing a painting to music, they can both give a person some form of enjoyment but are 2 totaly different form&#39;s of entertainment.

A console is designed mainly as a games machine, hence why games mostly tend to play better on a console, whereas a PC is more of a multimedia platform where game playing isn&#39;t it&#39;s only capabilities hence why PC games require higher and higher spec&#39;s and resources in order to keep up with the latest technology and make them run faster and better.

Besides, one person&#39;s views on which is better will alway&#39;s be different to another so there&#39;s not much point in saying "My consoles better than your PC" or anything like that as it doesn&#39;t matter to anyone but yourself really and the fact that you believe your console&#39;s better than a PC is all that should matter to you.

One last thing, "500GB HD"? WTF? I&#39;ve not heard anything about 500GB HD&#39;s, you sure that size is right? If so, where did he get it from and how much did he pay for that? lol (I&#39;d imagine a few hundred £&#39;s&#33;&#33; lol)

Sniper.
No, it&#39;s actually 538 GB, a little more then half a terrabyte.

2 hard-drives that around 216 or so gigs each...Scuzzy or stretch or some type of new technology... Cost 5999 Rand, around 585 USD

What do you prefer? Consoles or PC?

joeyipod
11-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Holy shit vamp why make this stupid post,

Notice how 3/4 of the ppl that have argued say PC is better get over it they will always be better then the Shit-Box also PC has 1000s more games then x-box. 1 game made x-box famous WHICH is on PC so just take it PC&#39;s are better&#33;&#33;

HA

Vamp
11-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Perhaps you&#39;ve noticed that 3/4 of people only say PC&#39;s are better because

1) Their hands are too deformed to be able to handle a controller

2) They don&#39;t own any consoles

All the console supporters make better points as to why consoles are better...

And we aren&#39;t only talking about Xbox...PS2, Dreamcast and Gamecube as well which have produced the most original games ever played, unlike the 3 types of games you get on PC, FPS, 3RD Person Action/Adventure and RTS

Consoles are built specifically for gaming and therefore have more original games... PS2 releases more games a year then PC.

We&#39;ll see how you feel about consoles when your PC is stuttering with Halo 2 and Splinter Cell 2, while us console lovers wont have to worry about performance issues.

Turd Ferguson
11-10-2003, 12:44 PM
I think PC gaming is probably better, but console gaming is just easier.

Too many times I&#39;ve been in the middle of a Pc game only to have it crash my piece of crap computer. I&#39;d much rather just play on a console system where you don&#39;t have to worry about it crashing or whether or not your system has enough RAM.

mikael_schiffe
07-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Theres ONE FACT that SHUT THE FUCKs UP PC GAMERS.And yes, I am a PC Gamer, and it DID SHUT MY FUCK UP.
When DOOM 3 came out, my Geforce 4 TI4600 i bought 6 months back for a huge fortune couldnt cope with it.I bought the Geforce 6600 PCI-X recently to play the game
And then one fine day, DOOM3 came out for stinkingly cheap X-BOX.And it looked AWESOME!
I hate my PC, and i wanna return my Graphic Card

Adster
07-04-2005, 01:03 PM
umm yeah I wondered how this had that many replies already then i seen that this thread is 2 years old ...

anyway PC is better you can patch things up you can download stuff free no modding :P using mouse is better to shoot then a stupid right analog stick.

things can be fixed once on disk its fucked better graphics better speed

everything

so mikael_schiffe i have no idea why you bumped this maybe to stir trouble or im guessing your a well known member

AcID ZeR0
07-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Well considering the GF4 came out in what, 2002? Do you really expect it to play the latest games?
I've got a Radeon 9700 Pro which is old by top end gamers standards but it still manages to own anything my PS2 or Xbox can put out.

Mad Cat
07-04-2005, 06:34 PM
See, you're a moron... You cannot make an intelligable comment... Stop blaming the controllers, that's the biggest exscuse you console-haters come up with... Do you own any consoles? You get used to the controls... If you can't then you have carpal tunnel syndrome... You can buy the smaller Xbox S Controller, or get the the Triscenian Chaos adapter which allows you to use PS2 or Dreamcast Controllers... The default controllers for Xbox are awesome, I got used to them the second I touched them. And Halo is not the only good game.

Splinter Cell
Silent Hill 2
Hitman 2
Shenmue
Dead To Rights
Fatal Frame

etc.

The main reason I play games is because it acts as an interactive movie. I like games because of the storyline and fun... I can't stand playing games with no storyline against other people.

Edit: Sorry Stonecold! Not you! I'm talking about JoeyIpod, who's trying to make himself feel good by bashing consoles because he doesn't have one and will never be able to play revolutionary games the way they should be played!

Bigger screen makes for worse, not better, graphics. Unless the resolution can match the size of the screen, pixels will become blocks. PC gaming is in a different league to console gaming.
Experimental releases always on consoles? Thats retarded, console games are MADE on PCs. The first FPS was on...... PC, I could go down a looooooong list of genres created/perfected on the PC.
The graphics aren't better, full stop. I agree that they are fairly good for what they are (733mhz celeron Xbox matching a 1.5ghz or so PC), but the graphics on the Xbox Doom 3 come no way close to a properly equipped PC.
The screen sizes.... I'd rather play a game at high resolution on a 19" monitor than at 640x480 on a low rez TV, the fonts are totally unreadable, enemies on a horizon are incomprehensible blobs.
If consoles are better than PCs, why are console manufacturers trying to incorporate more PC like functions; online gaming, DVD/video playback, wireless functionality...
Having games released first doesn't really make much of a difference to the machine and its quality, it just means Sony or Microsoft with their software licensing for consoles will pay a few million to have it exclusively console so they'll make a bunch more money.

I semi-agree with the painting/music comment, but in most respects it'd probably be better explained by comparing consoles to Windows and PCs to Linux.

And at half your other comments, you don't own a PC decent enough to enjoy the games, so your opinion is not allowed.

(Hitman 2 is hardly a revolutionary game, its fun but the same problems and almost exactly the same gameplay as the first one. Thats evolution baby. It had a simultaneous PC/console release, the PC looked and played better (you seriously can't aim a mouse with a sniper rifle, its akin to using a keyboard to drive a car)

Mad Cat
07-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention what I thought was the most idiotic comment in this thread, by Vamp.

Halo got a higher graphics score on console than it did on PC...

Idiot.

Of course a top of the line release on what at the time was the most powerful machine going, rivalling PCs, will get a higher score FOUR YEARS AGO than it would as a non-imrpoved port of a 4 year old out of date (graphically) console game.

Oh, and you consolers can go suck my Far Cry. I own an Xbox, but still.... HAH.

EDIT: Double post, meh. I forgot the edit feature, thing.

GepperRankins
07-04-2005, 10:42 PM
if a game gets a lower score for graphics on pc than it did on console, that means the PC is capable of better graphics than the console :unsure:

i'd disagree about consoles getting all the original games too. as far as i know console homebrew is a myth. i know of a good few home-made PC games and mods though.

MCHeshPants420
07-04-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm old school so graphics don't mean much to me. It is nice when a game has good visuals but it will always be gameplay that makes it for me. Which is why I'd choose a PC over a console any day of the week, for the sheer variety of games I can play. From the "big" commercial games like GTA:SA and Doom 3 to the freeware games like Stick RPG to the vast range of abandonware games hosted at places like The Underdogs.

Plus I've never liked gaming with a pad, modding my console smacks of effort and I defiently can't afford to be paying for games.

Adster
07-05-2005, 12:03 AM
hey cheese you realise your withchese account ahs dropped to 9997 posts :P

and this thread is 3 years old people do know that dont they?

Peerzy
07-05-2005, 12:04 AM
modding my console

You have a console but no TV :huh:

MCHeshPants420
07-05-2005, 11:21 AM
modding my console

You have a console but no TV :huh:

Theoretically speaking, if I had a console it would be a pain to mod it. I still have a PSX from when I had a working TV but my PC can emulate that just as well...

MCHeshPants420
07-05-2005, 11:24 AM
hey cheese you realise your withchese account ahs dropped to 9997 posts :P

and this thread is 3 years old people do know that dont they?

It's back on 10k now but I'm sure teh mods are deleting them when my back is turned. :(

I noticed the thread was old, but it's still a half-interesting topic. Okay, actually it's a done-to-death topic but nevermind... :lol:

Illuminati
07-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh jesus christ - Why is it every tech forum anyone comes to, there's same bloody this vs that debates on games, going on and on, through countless threads, and worn down?

I'll bite my tongue on this for now, but here's an idea thought: What if - Just imagine - the PC and each console were there for different types of gamer?

Mad Cat
07-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Oh, and the PC is the only thing that has Total Annihilation. Total Annihilation is the best game ever, was and still is way ahead of its time. Truly great. You can't play it on your damn console, either.

Vamp
07-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Wow... I just read the first post and I realized just how much I was talking out of my ass... :P

*blush*

maebach
07-06-2005, 04:14 AM
i like both. i usually only play my gamecube with my friends (double dash, MOH Frontline, SSB Melee)

micolithe
07-06-2005, 04:22 AM
I'm going to actually say something important here, so listen up.

Consoles and PCs are the same on average. However, they're compltely different in terms of gameplay. Some games are simply better on a console, such as Fighting games, Racing games and games along the lines of GTA. PC, however, is much better for FPS games and MMORPGs. Sure, there are emulators for the consoles, but it's nowhere near the same, even if you have an adapter that lets you use your console controller on the PC. The experience of playing GTA:SA on the computer is much different than when I played GTA:VC on my PS2, even with my PS2 to USB adapter.

Guyver
07-06-2005, 04:27 AM
When ps3 and xbox360 are release, i think pc gaming will be obsolete lol....

my pc wont handle the next gen games....

Monkeee
07-06-2005, 04:34 AM

when that happens, PC prices will probally go down. Athlon 64's prices will probally go down. i mean they even just came out with a 4800+....

Guyver
07-06-2005, 04:40 AM

when that happens, PC prices will probally go down. Athlon 64's prices will probally go down. i mean they even just came out with a 4800+....

id rather buy a ps3 or xbox360 than buy another computer...

asmithz
07-06-2005, 04:41 AM

I feel the same way;)

Afronaut
07-06-2005, 09:12 AM
I had PS1 and i gave it away to my sister's kids because i thought it sucked.
A friend of mine has the PS2 and I thought it's better than PS1, but still sucked.
Im curious about the PS3 thought, or the XBox and whatnot,
but most likely will not get either since I like the PC better.

There's just too so many things PC can do and consoles cannot.

I dont think the next gen. consoles wil be superiour over PC's,
maybe for Games for awhile (up til new hardware comes available)
but comparing consoles to pc is just silly anyways, imo.

When it comes to games I was never really into OnLine gaming,
I tried the Diablo and it sucked pretty bad, same with Americas Army
(which is probably coming out for console later :O ) and didnt like it,
too many cheaters. The idea is nice but given the human nature...
However, at a LAN party things are different, and much more fun.

Im clearly not a Gamer enough, hehe...
Die Hard gamers probably dont give up so easily.
:D

Maybe upcoming consoles are really cool, who knows,
I might even get me one.

:)

Monkeee
07-09-2005, 02:21 AM

I feel the same way;)

lol same here for now..... there's no games out right now that my comp cant handle... for now...... :mellow: but besides all i play is World of Warcraft.... its like heroine..

Tylerrought
07-09-2005, 02:28 AM
i think everybody hsould just give up on this whole debate thing. its pointless and neither side ever wins.

Peerzy
07-09-2005, 07:16 AM
Agree'd, even more so that people are argueing about two consoles that still have at least 6 months till release date and no real gameplay footage has been released.

I'll be buying the console that offers the best in modability, such as media players, playing copied games and such. Which was in the case of the current three, the Xbox.

bigdawgfoxx
07-11-2005, 04:40 AM
Ok...

You can buy controllers for your computer..

You can play online easier on your computer..

You can adjust the AF and AA on your computer to make the graphics look far surperior to console...MUCH smoother edges..

You can hook your computer up to a large screen and it will look great..

but if you dont know a lot about computers and mods and shit then yah a console is a LOT eaiser..

Peerzy
07-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Ok...

You can buy controllers for your computer..

You can play online easier on your computer..

You can adjust the AF and AA on your computer to make the graphics look far surperior to console...MUCH smoother edges..

You can hook your computer up to a large screen and it will look great..

but if you dont know a lot about computers and mods and shit then yah a console is a LOT eaiser..

True, and computer games are easier to pirate. However you can't invite 3 friends over and play some Burnout 3/Halo 2/Whateverfloatsyourboat on your PC can you?

GepperRankins
07-11-2005, 07:41 AM
you can lan party.

off-topic: last night we got generals working over GIT and coupled with teamspeak it rawks :01: second best thing to a lan party and unless you're drunk and can't do with the hassle... lan party>4 player console

IMO anyway