PDA

View Full Version : Where Is The Love.

hobbes
11-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Currently, I am totally pissed and plan on getting pissed.

My Alma Mater lost their game today, ruining an otherwise glorious season. I came here for mindless goodwill and levity, to find bickering all over the place.

Could you fuckers shut up and focus your energies on creating a positive environment for ole Hobbes? When I find Gemby and Titey quarreling, I question God more than usual.

BTW, my hair fell out today, that may be contributing my foul mood.

kurtsl0an
11-08-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@8 November 2003 - 23:14

My Alma Mater lost their game today, ruining an otherwise glorious season. I came here for mindless godwill and levity, to find bickering all over the place.

Could you fuckers shut up and focus your energies on creating a positive environment for ole Hobbes?

mindless bickering is what lounges r 4 - :P

JONNO_CELEBS
11-08-2003, 11:17 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Your avatar :lol: :lol: :lol: LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, cheer up, or I'll start winging too and you know you don't want that :P

Jonno B)

hobbes
11-08-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by kurtsl0an+9 November 2003 - 00:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kurtsl0an &#064; 9 November 2003 - 00:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@8 November 2003 - 23:14

My Alma Mater lost their game today, ruining an otherwise glorious season. I came here for mindless godwill and levity, to find bickering all over the place.

Could you fuckers shut up and focus your energies on creating a positive environment for ole Hobbes?

mindless bickering is what lounges r 4 - :P [/b][/quote]
Fuck you, you shit.

Oh, never mind, I guess you&#39;re right.

Well, couldn&#39;t we at least be funny?

bigboab
11-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Who is your alma mater may I ask?

kurtsl0an
11-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@8 November 2003 - 23:17
Fuck you, you shit.

Oh, never mind, I guess your right.

Well, couldn&#39;t we at least be funny?
i thought i was being funny, but maybe not....

Fuck you, you shit.

that was funny&#33; we&#39;re off 2 a good start on this thread - :D

JONNO_CELEBS
11-08-2003, 11:26 PM
Hobbes dude, chill man.........think of the children...............actually don&#39;t, they give you a headache :blink: .............erm................think...........

PUSSY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

:D

Jonno B)

hobbes
11-08-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@9 November 2003 - 00:18
Who is your alma mater may I ask?
http://www.rivals.com/uploads/1014/65294.JPG
http://img.realtor.com/columbia/region1.gif
http://go.hrw.com/atlas/norm_map/missouri.gif Look in the center for Columbia, above Jefferson City.
http://www.metabolicprofile.com/united%20states.jpg Again, look in the center, Missouri is MO.

BTW, I currently live in TX, that huge state at the bottom.

College was the best 10 years of my life.

hobbes
11-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@9 November 2003 - 00:26
Hobbes dude, chill man.........think of the children...............actually don&#39;t, they give you a headache :blink: .............erm................think...........

PUSSY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

:D

Jonno B)
I&#39;m chillin&#39; Jonno as I have no hair left to maintain my core body temperature.

I think I will get a tattoo of hair on my head, I&#39;m sure it will look "very natural" and the ladies will be all up ons&#33;

j2k4
11-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Hobbes-

Might I distract you from your pique momentarily to draw your attention to the fact of my impending 200th post?

I am quite joyful at the prospect, and would appreciate your not ruining the moment, which should arrive sometime between now and New Years, providing Clocker&#39;s thread in "Hardwareworld" continues to hold my interest.

It really is my only hope to reach the magic number.

Thank you in advance. :)

hobbes
11-08-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@9 November 2003 - 00:39
Hobbes-

Might I distract you from your pique momentarily to draw your attention to the fact of my impending 200th post?

I am quite joyful at the prospect, and would appreciate your not ruining the moment, which should arrive sometime between now and New Years, providing Clocker&#39;s thread in "Hardwareworld" continues to hold my interest.

Oh, how selfish of you J2&#33;

Let me see, my team loses and I am upset.

Who did we loss too? Colorado.

Who lives in Colorado???

Oh right, evil incarnate himself, Clocker&#33;

Do you remember the 5th down, which allowed Colorado to beat Missouri several years ago, allowing them to win the National Championship?

Oh the scars run deep, so irritating and infected. Please let us ignore this tradition for the purpose of a simple post count&#33;

Wow, I should get an emeritus degree in drama for that tirade&#33; :lol:

bigboab
11-08-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@8 November 2003 - 23:29

To think my wife has been calling that adipose tissue for years. :lol:

hobbes
11-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by bigboab+9 November 2003 - 00:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 9 November 2003 - 00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@8 November 2003 - 23:29

To think my wife has been calling that adipose tissue for years. :lol: [/b][/quote]
All I can say is "LOL"&#33;

What is your "alma mater".

To extend the question, in the US, I think there may be more passion for college sports than professional. We spend Saturday for college American football and Sunday for Professional.

Do you guys have something similar?

titey
11-09-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@8 November 2003 - 18:14
When I find Gemby and Titey quarreling, I question God more than usual.
:unsure: When did that happen?I don&#39;t think I was there to witness it. :blink:

hobbes
11-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by titey+9 November 2003 - 01:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (titey @ 9 November 2003 - 01:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@8 November 2003 - 18:14
When I find Gemby and Titey quarreling, I question God more than usual.
:unsure: When did that happen?I don&#39;t think I was there to witness it. :blink: [/b][/quote]
Oh it was just terrible, the whole affair.

I had to take you back to the mothership for, ahh, err, your therapy&#33;

titey
11-09-2003, 12:26 AM
.http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/crazyeyes.gif

bigboab
11-09-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+9 November 2003 - 00:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 9 November 2003 - 00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bigboab@9 November 2003 - 00:58
<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@8 November 2003 - 23:29

To think my wife has been calling that adipose tissue for years. :lol:
All I can say is "LOL"&#33;

What is your "alma mater".

To extend the question, in the US, I think there may be more passion for college sports than professional. We spend Saturday for college American football and Sunday for Professional.

Do you guys have something similar? [/b][/quote]
I have been to that many schools, colleges(both as a student and lecturer) and a couple of universities that I suppose I consider them all &#39;Alma Maters&#39;. The system does occur here (UK), But it is more likely to be used by people who have gone to public schools (Privately funded education).

hobbes
11-09-2003, 12:43 AM
When I consider my college years, I think about the amazing transformation in my my mind, from being a simple storer of information, to a processor of data.

It was such a transformation/evolution, that I consider my experience at college (as most of my development occured in the wee hours of the weekend, and not in class) as a sacred time in my life.

I could care less about the prestige of the university, and I focus on that time where my physical body was and my abstract mind flexed its muscles.

College to me, is where I became a human.

I am not saying that people who do not go are inferior, I am just saying that those years spent at the University were a real privilidge/bonus to me, which gave me the opportunity to switch my mental machinery from being concrete to abstract.

I have loyalty, not to those places I have visited, but to those places where I "became".

j2k4
11-09-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+8 November 2003 - 19:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 8 November 2003 - 19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@9 November 2003 - 00:39
Hobbes-

Oh, how selfish of you J2&#33;

Let me see, my team loses and I am upset.

Who did we loss too? Colorado.

Who lives in Colorado???

Oh right, evil incarnate himself, Clocker&#33;

Do you remember the 5th down, which allowed Colorado to beat Missouri several years ago, allowing them to win the National Championship?

Oh the scars run deep, so irritating and infected. Please let us ignore this tradition for the purpose of a simple post count&#33;

Wow, I should get an emeritus degree in drama for that tirade&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
Oh-

How callous of me&#33;

Please forgive my insensitivity. :(

Would you, then, do me the favor of informing me when the mood lifts?

BTW-Clocker has alluded, on occasion, to feelings of guilt over the aforementioned game.

He is consumed and racked with self-loathing. ;)

hobbes
11-09-2003, 03:22 PM
No. 72 - You always go for it on fifth down.
Colorado 33Missouri 31 October 6, 1990
A good Colorado team, ranked No. 12 in the country, was going into Missouri for just another Big 8 conference game against a relatively bad Missouri team. Little did everyone know that the controversy that would ensue would only grow as the season went on. Down 31-27 with 31 seconds to play, the Buffaloes had the ball first and goal on the Missouri three. Quarterback Charles Johnson spiked the ball to stop the clock. Second down: Running back Eric Bieniemy, who ran for 217 yards on the day, barreled down to the one. Colorado called time out with 18 seconds to go. On third down, Bieniemy was stuffed. The officials stopped the clock with eight seconds to go saying Missouri wasnt unpiling fast enough. Fourth down: Johnson spiked the ball again to stop the clock. Why? The down marker said third down as they failed to flip it after second down. Soooooo.Fifth down: With two seconds to play Johnson forced it in from the one, getting in by just the nose of the ball, if at all, for the winning touchdown. The officials didnt signal for a touchdown and the fans rushed the field even tearing down one of the goalposts. When an official signaled touchdown, a riot erupted on the field. After Missouri tried to change the outcome, they were informed that, under NCAA rules, it couldnt.
Historical Significance: Colorado went on to beat Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl and won a share of the national title along with Georgia Tech finishing the season, officially 11-1-1. In many people&#39;s eyes, Colorado was really 10-2-1 and shouldnt have been given any piece of the national title. And a certain Colorado citizen walked away some 40,000 dollars richer&#33;