PDA

View Full Version : Did JP ever really post here or was just a foolish dream of Elysium that I had?

IdolEyes787
02-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Real or not I like to believe it true as the thought makes the present purgatory somehow a little more bearable .

Also is it true that Manker was really the Devil?

Snee
02-18-2011, 05:15 PM
JP
pol
titey
Sara
DanB
NikkiD
Lilmiss
Mathea
manker
TheDave
Spiderdude
Withcheese
DarthInsinuate

All pretty awesome people, all gone for various reasons. And I don't really see many of them wanting to come back the way this place is now, even if they had the time.

I probably forgot a few of the good ones.

Snee
02-18-2011, 05:18 PM
manker was cool.

If you want someone I at times thought might be genuinely evil, look into billy_dean.

Or chalkmongoose, for a whole other kind of bad.

Snee
02-18-2011, 05:20 PM
JP
pol
titey
Sara
DanB
NikkiD
Lilmiss
Mathea
manker
TheDave
Spiderdude
Withcheese
DarthInsinuate

All pretty awesome people, all gone for various reasons. And I don't really see many of them wanting to come back the way this place is now, even if they had the time.

I probably forgot a few of the good ones.

And let's not forget the original SnnY or Arcadia. Those cool sons of bitches were as gods.

KFlint
02-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Let's not forget PatriotForeve, 007 and JessicaAlba :glag:

IdolEyes787
02-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Not to get unnecessarily serious but why the dearth of anyone interesting ?
I mean I realize that people are going to come and go ( apparently mostly go) but since you got my curiosity piqued I spent some time browsing a few of those old names and people used to actually talk on this board , now all it basically consists of is illiterate idiots looking for trades, trolls, people making bad one liners and clocker.

senegal
02-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Honestly, I hope you don't believe this one.
The answers to such a problem doesn't mean that it meet our expectations.

IdolEyes787
02-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Couldn't be much worse.

Snee
02-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Not to get unnecessarily serious but why the dearth of anyone interesting ?
I mean I realize that people are going to come and go ( apparently mostly go) but since you got my curiosity piqued I spent some time browsing a few of those old names and people used to actually talk on this board, now all it basically consists of is illiterate idiots looking for trades, trolls, people making bad one liners and clocker.
It's because the dynamics of the board changed. It went from this sort of benign anarchy where people joined because we had issues with k-lite, and stayed on because we met interesting people, into something less personal. Not to beat a dead horse, but I blame the rise of the invite section quite a lot. It attracted a lot of people who are really crap at communicating whilst very insincere.

It's not just that, though, there were crazy people and trolls since before I joined, it's just that they multiplied, which I think is inevitable on any growing board. What's made it so bad is that the people actually being worth talking to is obscured by the gibbering hordes, and that's on top of the number of trolls and idiots I see as being normal for a discussion board on the internet. Couple that with how the BT section has become the big draw of the place, which means that it's the entry point to the board for nearly anyone who joins now. Anyone who finds their way to there, and sticks around cos they like that cesspool, and then ventures out onto the rest of the board isnt likely to be anything like the people who were here originally.

So people of the older mentality aren't finding their way to here. And the people who were here already: either we stopped talking and/or buggered off, or we shifted attention to other sections, or we got meaner.

It's hard to find old posts of ours now, but If you can find me or chalice to name two examples, you'll see we weren't like how we are now. I had a theory once that boards take on their own life and that the members in part become part of the larger organism that is the board, and that how we changed is as if some people start acting like antibodies to repel the disease that is the trolls and the idiots. Mind you, I'd not slept for days when I first came up with that.

I'm not going to pretend I didn't have a hand in how the board changed though, I had my fair share of mucking about and bitching about the rules. Some of us kept messing pushing the mods and whatnot until many of them gave up. At the time less harsh moderation seemed a good idea, but in hindsight we opened the doors for worse things.

But however that is, there are still a few people I met here who I know better than most of my real life friends. And still a few that I'm visiting so as to not lose contact.

Snee
02-18-2011, 08:33 PM
The ownership of the board is another issue. Not to criticise tesco, but the board as it was when I joined felt like there was a different purpose to it. Back then it had tie-ins to software like k-lite and the codecs, and the people who first created the board made it to be an auxillary to something else, but even so it was sort of a place for everyone and not run for profit or to maximize the number of visitors or anything. Then it changed hands a few times, was given away for free to one guy, who gave it away to another guy (or it was the same dude with a different name), and then it was sold to a sucker, who lets tesco and the mental run it.

I was never really clear on how it all happened. But I do know that it's affected what has been put in place to attract what people.

Snee
02-18-2011, 08:42 PM
And why did KFlint delete his post? It wasn't that far off the mark.

KFlint
02-18-2011, 09:03 PM
shhhhhhh

I thought it wasn't necessary and lacked a bit of perspective after reading your post.

I deleted it so it's gone for good, but I can reiterate that the problem lies mainly in the population of file-sharers interested in talking about it on a forum. Most of them are either young (and probably younger than ever because it's a common thing to steal files) or socially inept. There are still good apples that come up at times fortunately.

Snee
02-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Fairy nuff.

Mind you for all I've posted, others were saying us lounge-people were the worst of the lot years ago. What I've posted is from my perspective, other people from the old days might have a different perspective on things, one in which I'm a bigger part of the problem.

Also, several of the sections used to have their own groups of people hanging around and chatting all day in there. Music world had people like Summerlinda, Funky Capricorn and Gutter. clocker wasn't alone in hardwareworld either. And we even had a couple of guys that prefered bookworld. And the sections didn't always get along.

At any rate, once upon a time this (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/80758-Altered-Carbon?highlight=altered+carbon) was the kind of thread I visited the lounge for. (Minus the broken html.)

Not saying they were all like that, not by far, but we had one or two interesting ones every week, and lots of silly ones.

For some other interesting names, if you're looking for board history, look up hobbes, riddler, yogi and virtualbody.

EDit: Fuck it, I'm getting nostalgic. Die in a fire, all of youse.

KFlint
02-18-2011, 10:11 PM
this (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/80758-Altered-Carbon?highlight=altered+carbon) was the kind of thread I visited the lounge for.

Shocking to see that there are no retarded comments from a troll coming out of nowhere...like it's not the same board at all.

Have to admit that people seemed nice back then.

j2k4
02-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Have to admit that people seemed nice back then.

It's because we were nice.

We're still nice, but with something crusty slathered on us.

IdolEyes787
02-19-2011, 12:05 AM
It's hard to find old posts of ours now, but If you can find me or chalice to name two examples, you'll see we weren't like how we are now. I had a theory once that boards take on their own life and that the members in part become part of the larger organism that is the board, and that how we changed is as if some people start acting like antibodies to repel the disease that is the trolls and the idiots.

You hardly need to justify why you hate a rat .The fact that it's a rat is enough.
Anyway I think what you are saying about the board changing as the reason behind coming here change is closest to the truth.
Chalice said something similar a while back that people used to come here looking for naught but friendship .

Fairy nuff.

Mind you for all I've posted, others were saying us lounge-people were the worst of the lot years ago. What I've posted is from my perspective, other people from the old days might have a different perspective on things, one in which I'm a bigger part of the problem.

Also, several of the sections used to have their own groups of people hanging around and chatting all day in there. Music world had people like Summerlinda, Funky Capricorn and Gutter. clocker wasn't alone in hardwareworld either. And we even had a couple of guys that prefered bookworld. And the sections didn't always get along.

At any rate, once upon a time this (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/80758-Altered-Carbon?highlight=altered+carbon) was the kind of thread I visited the lounge for. (Minus the broken html.)

Not saying they were all like that, not by far, but we had one or two interesting ones every week, and lots of silly ones.

For some other interesting names, if you're looking for board history, look up hobbes, riddler, yogi and virtualbody.

EDit: Fuck it, I'm getting nostalgic. Die in a fire, all of youse.
Anyway thanks for the link ,it was a good read and a bit perspective altering in more ways than one .
Btw strange as it seems, although I can't say I have any nostalgia to revel in, I don't mind reading the old threads in the same way that I don't mind reading any history .
We are afterall what we sprang from .
I know for good or bad the way I post is a reflection of this place and everyone's input in it.

Skiz
02-19-2011, 12:18 AM
The ownership of the board is another issue. Not to criticise tesco, but the board as it was when I joined felt like there was a different purpose to it. Back then it had tie-ins to software like k-lite and the codecs, and the people who first created the board made it to be an auxillary to something else, but even so it was sort of a place for everyone and not run for profit or to maximize the number of visitors or anything. Then it changed hands a few times, was given away for free to one guy, who gave it away to another guy (or it was the same dude with a different name), and then it was sold to a sucker, who lets tesco and the mental run it.

I was never really clear on how it all happened. But I do know that it's affected what has been put in place to attract what people.

tesco codes everything and keeps the board in the tip top shape that it's in. He does an excellent fucking job too; couldn't ask for anything more. Reality's focus is supposed to be pointing the board in the right direction, rule changes, adaptation, etc., but he's never online and doesn't post. Frankly, he's out of touch with what goes on, and he comes around just enough to hold his spot (which is what I think he wants). He hasn't even logged in for 10 days, ffs. :dabs:

Snee
02-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Anyway thanks for the link ,it was a good read and a bit perspective altering in more ways than one .
Btw strange as it seems, although I can't say I have any nostalgia to revel in, I don't mind reading the old threads in the same way that I don't mind reading any history .
I know for good or bad the way I post is a reflection of this place and everyone's input in it.
Have another one, then. (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/112135-Hmmmm......Brokeback-boy)

Skiz
02-19-2011, 12:24 AM

Yogi and Junno were interesting to say the least. Lot's of screws loose between those two.

I think Virtualbody1234 got hounded off the board. He/She (never would say) was one of the good hardware folks along with you and clocker. Always was a decent fellow, just too touchy.

Skiz
02-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Have another one, then. (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/112135-Hmmmm......Brokeback-boy)

Lots of good names there as well.

thewizeard, bustyman, nakor... whackjobs, the lot of them.

Never got along with manker, obviously. Razor sharp articulation, but he was too busy being a prick to ever converse with.

KFlint
02-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Pardon me to ask but how many of the original members (2004 and before let's say) are still active on this board? I always wonder what is real and what is a dupe, thanks to JP.

Snee
02-19-2011, 01:20 AM
Right off the top of my head we've got me*, eric/Arcadia*, Skweeky, Skizo, j2, clocker, bo, callum, colinmacc* and chalice*. Since several people have changed names, and since it's really late, I'm probably missing some more.

*names subject to change.

That's people who turn up on at least a semi-regular basis.

I've seen others pop up briefly though, and I think a couple may have reinvented themselves and not informed me. And half the time I suspect j-dye of being someone from the old days.

EDit: bigboab is another one.

clocker
02-19-2011, 03:34 AM
MagicNakor has come back lately.
VB1234 (in all his/her -almost certainly a him, IMO-incarnations) just disappeared as did Hobbes (whom I miss the most).
No idea what happened to JP...he was a towering presence in the Lounge since before I joined.

The Lounge- as distressing as it may have been- used to have it's own thriving community but now seems to be just a way to up one's postcount to enter the BT sections.
Despite Detale's yeoman efforts, HardwareWorld has essentially withered and the DrawingRoom was probably doomed from the start.

Skiz
02-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Right off the top of my head we've got me*, eric/Arcadia*, Skweeky, Skizo, j2, clocker, bo, callum, colinmacc* and chalice*. Since several people have changed names, and since it's really late, I'm probably missing some more.

I've seen others pop up briefly though, and I think a couple may have reinvented themselves and not informed me. And half the time I suspect j-dye of being someone from the old days.

Mulder, tesco, (remember ROSSCO2004?) Barbarossa, tho he's not active at any more.

brotherdoobie
02-19-2011, 07:24 AM
JP is Jonno, too.

True story.

-doobs

megabyteme
02-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Congrats on 11k, doobs!

tesco
02-19-2011, 02:16 PM

Mulder, tesco, (remember ROSSCO2004?) Barbarossa, tho he's not active at any more.
He counted barbarossa. :whistling

Snee
02-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Only missed one of you :whistling

KFlint
02-19-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm more confuse than I was, thx... :P

Skiz
02-19-2011, 06:58 PM

orly? Was it colinmacc? Not sure if I even remember that name. :unsure:

tesco
02-19-2011, 10:27 PM

Only missed one of you :whistling
That must mean mulder is arcadia?
And that you forgot me! :cry:

Skiz
02-20-2011, 12:48 AM
And bd.

Snee
02-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Yeah, it hit me as I was falling asleep yesterday that that was probably why he was hitting on me in the $20-thread. Weirdest way evar to remind me. Funny tho.

Barbarossa
02-21-2011, 12:37 PM
JP and manker used to have the most fantastic conversations. But not on the 'phone though :smilie4:

If I could be arsed I'd find that link.

I think snee has got it spot on. In the old days we were idealists trying to change the world (and get kazaalite to work properly). Now everyone is just looking for invites...

Also I spent ages purging my name from the archives of this site, you git! :pinch:

Also everyone seems to have forgotten Lamsey...

Snee
02-21-2011, 05:52 PM
JP and manker used to have the most fantastic conversations. But not on the 'phone though :smilie4:

If I could be arsed I'd find that link.

I think snee has got it spot on. In the old days we were idealists trying to change the world (and get kazaalite to work properly). Now everyone is just looking for invites...

Also I spent ages purging my name from the archives of this site, you git! :pinch:

Also everyone seems to have forgotten Lamsey...
Back of the fucking net plouse won :smilie4:

Gripper
02-21-2011, 07:45 PM
:) Ahh the good old days,I came here for serious advice,which I have always received,and I stayed for the madness that was Teh Lounge.
I was seduced away by the evils of Eve which I managed to break by not remembering to renew my GTC on time :(
Still love popping in from thyme to thyme.

chalice
02-24-2011, 10:31 PM
There were distinct eras as I recall. All I knew was Kazaa and a little time later K-Lite.

There was an initial excited puddle of erudite people. I just wanted music. There was a chat function on K-Lite but it seemed nobody wanted to talk to anybody. There was a predisposed suspicion which precluded intimacy. It took me a long time to believe that you, as a nerd, as a consumer, as an audience, as a student, as a scholar can actually obtain all of the information you require without having to mine libraries or unforthcoming texts. I can still hardly believe it.

I ended up here somewhat later than others. JP had already sunken a lodestone. As had Hobbes and Kev and Clocker. We had Crazy Billy Bats and Jonno and LilMiss and Bo and Titewad and Riddler and Zed and Snny and Nikkid and BD and FC and Adster and loads of other fuckers who existed and thrived upon common interest long before bittorent was ever even thunk of.

There is a vast amount of really interesting stuff which happened after that but I really can't be arsed telling you about it just now.

chalice
02-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Nothing very sensitive was touched upon. It was Care-Bear implicit. Debates were long-drawn and sterile. These were the Salad Days.

I believe that the first quantifiable turd in the swimming pool was Chalkmongoose.

This was the end of Eden and what led Bazza post blood-letting pics in the lounge.

chalice
02-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Throughout all of this, of course, was JP, Big Jim, PB Montgolfier, Mr JP Fugley, J'Pol, FromagePais, JPaul, and several dozen others.

He is the lounge and the lounge aspires to be him again.

He is my fwend and I miss him.

IdolEyes787
02-24-2011, 11:14 PM
I hate to admit it but what you just wrote here is better than a lot of what I turned in for credit at University.

chalice
02-24-2011, 11:24 PM
I hate to admit it but what you just wrote here is better than a lot of what I turned in for credit at University.

Never forget.

Canadians are better than Irishmen.

IdolEyes787
02-24-2011, 11:28 PM
I only wish. If it wasn't for the French in Quebec and hockey I think as a people we would be entirely devoid of passion.

IdolEyes787
02-24-2011, 11:29 PM
We could still stand to lose the French though.

chalice
02-24-2011, 11:33 PM
The French don't even come into it.

If I had a bicycle, I'd beat you to death with it in some kinda ironic juxtaposition nastiness.

chalice
02-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm not denying that the French are cunts, like.

IdolEyes787
02-25-2011, 12:40 AM
I'd glad we are all in agreement on that then.
Btw insidious as they are I've been attacked too many times by bisickles for me to hold much fear of them anymore .
Except the recumbents as they are obviously a crime against nature.

KFlint
02-25-2011, 01:53 AM
We could still stand to lose the French though.

You could make a referendum to kick us out, this way nobody here could chicken out when it's time to say yes.

Would be much more interesting to watch than this insincere love fest the rest of Canada did last referendum.

IdolEyes787
02-25-2011, 02:17 AM
It would never happen because if there were to be a sudden freeze on immigration from Eastern Bloc countries then where would all the strippers come from?

KFlint
02-25-2011, 02:28 AM
Just start producing your own decent looking women ffs. Problem solved.

Snee
02-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Nothing very sensitive was touched upon. It was Care-Bear implicit. Debates were long-drawn and sterile. These were the Salad Days.

I believe that the first quantifiable turd in the swimming pool was Chalkmongoose.

This was the end of Eden and what led Bazza post blood-letting pics in the lounge.

I actually came in just after chalkmongoose made his final exit (I'm half sure that during our initial encounter, JP thought I was him). I didn't hit it off with JP, and for the longest time, I thought we'd end up colliding in some big conflict, once he started responding to me again anyways. You, Skweeky, Nigel, DanB, lilmiss and TheDave are the people I remember getting along with on the temp forum. When I joined the forum proper, the first person I hit it off with after that was Johnno :blink:

One of my earliest posts on the temp forum (from whence I joined) was actually questioning whether chalkmongoose was what he was, what with it being a srs accusation (and me accidentally having clicked a link of that sort once). I asked for proof I think, of which there turned out to be some.

Balamm really set the tone during my initial experience of the board, but that I suffered through 50+ hours of insomnia just as I'd found the place also helped. At any rate balamm is still both the harshest, and the craziest mod the board ever had, and I still miss him.

My first six months or so, all I did was being nice, trying to accept everyone for the unique snowflakes they were. I got over it.

I also remember doing weird shit like trying to mediate between the aussies and JP, despite everyone from JP to mediaslayer telling me they were making the place worse, and making overly flowery and archaic sounding posts about every possible subject, for the lulz.

Oh, and my grades really took a hit from finding this place.

EDit: Cheese* once told me I was afraid of conflict, cos I never argued with anyone even if I didn't like them.

*The original Cheebus, not whatever douchebag gets called that now in the BT section, if there still is one.

chalice
02-25-2011, 07:56 PM

I actually came in just after chalkmongoose made his final exit (I'm half sure that during our initial encounter, JP thought I was him). I didn't hit it off with JP, and for the longest time, I thought we'd end up colliding in some big conflict, once he started responding to me again anyways. You, Skweeky, Nigel, DanB, lilmiss and TheDave are the people I remember getting along with on the temp forum. When I joined the forum proper, the first person I hit it off with after that was Johnno :blink:

One of my earliest posts on the temp forum (from whence I joined) was actually questioning whether chalkmongoose was what he was, what with it being a srs accusation (and me accidentally having clicked a link of that sort once). I asked for proof I think, of which there turned out to be some.

Balamm really set the tone during my initial experience of the board, but that I suffered through 50+ hours of insomnia just as I'd found the place also helped. At any rate balamm is still both the harshest, and the craziest mod the board ever had, and I still miss him.

My first six months or so, all I did was being nice, trying to accept everyone for the unique snowflakes they were. I got over it.

I also remember doing weird shit like trying to mediate between the aussies and JP, despite everyone from JP to mediaslayer telling me they were making the place worse, and making overly flowery and archaic sounding posts about every possible subject, for the lulz.

Oh, and my grades really took a hit from finding this place.

EDit: Cheese* once told me I was afraid of conflict, cos I never argued with anyone even if I didn't like them.

*The original Cheebus, not whatever douchebag gets called that now in the BT section, if there still is one.

The temp forum was fucking bedlam. Psychopathic bumper cars to the max. Chalkmongoose had just been exposed as a paedophile just before the board proper went down. He took a healthy disliking to JP and tried to half-stalk him in the temp forum. He popped up with names that were variations on a theme. Tartan Fruitfly was one of them where he used diseased pigeon scots vernacular. The scary thing was that he didn't appear to be that stupid. When the board came up again he posted and I descended upon him in what turned out to be my very firstest apoplectic adventure on the internets.

I liked Balamm too. There seemed to be no catalyst to his histrionics and I was bemused when he went all fruit loop. I always thought he was just joking, like. Turned out he wasn't.

The first troll was Hypo. Innocent days indeed. He was a troll who argued with you. That's not a troll. That's fucking comedy gold. I always got on pretty well with Billy Dean but JP did a number on him over a period of months. He ended up a gibbering blancmange. I used to love nothing better than JP slowly chipping away at some cunt's psyche. The man's a fucking artist.

Nervous breakdowns on the internets. Better than the fucking news.

Snee
02-25-2011, 08:53 PM
I remember Tartanfruitfly. We had a conversation once, before either you or JP tore into him and he eventually just went away. Like everyone else, I thought he was a decent bloke, when you didn't know about his special tastes.

Billy though, I think he was never completely right in the head, but I still talked with him.

It wasn't just JP who did a number on him though. I don't know when it happened exactly but eventually it became open season on him, and the subsequent campaign, if you can call it that, involved several of us and ranged over a few boards. I don't clearly recall exactly my initial motivation behind joining in, but I was raging pretty hard over him defending someone who posted links to kiddie porn (oh, the irony), though all of the defending side claimed it wasn't really, it just looked like that, while I was all like 'fuck you, I clicked that, my eyes are bleeding'. His anti-catholic and anti-israeli posts didn't help either, nor did the fucking around with sock puppets and the constant coming back after he was banned (he was like a coherent version of j-dye with a clear agenda, arguing against whatever the people he liked the least were for).

I think you were gone for most of it. Some of it was funny as fuck, and some of it I'd rather forget. Just know that sam^4 is an evil genius, and that alcohol made him twice as fantastic.

During that time I learned to be harsh on the internet. Then it was more like broadening my range though, not something I did all the time.

EDit: You missed when the troll forum set their sights on FST and came to wreak havoc. While we were arguing with one of the idiots here, one of us had joined their board, and found the login details to the idiot's account here posted, which, as it turned out were the same as what he used for his admin account over there. Their board turned into 'a rubik's cube' they swore vengeance, and were never heard from again, that I know.

Snee
02-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Even the conflicts were better then. Entire, if much smaller than fst, boards got lost in the crossfire, but that was acceptable, cos I was harshing people I genuinely disliked for something else than being idiots.

Also, after having debated with some of the best, or worst, depending on how you look at it, no one adds anything new anymore. I think I've even had a go at hypo, though the main argument was really if he was hypo or not.

Fuck's sake, now I even miss the people I dislike.

Snee
02-25-2011, 09:23 PM
@j-dye, whose post got baleeted: Go away for four years and I might even miss you, you big fucksock.

senegal
02-26-2011, 09:39 PM
^^^
triple post. u deserve a ban

Snee
02-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Fuck off, you stupid idiot.

Squeamous
02-27-2011, 01:39 AM
It's alright, I'm here now!

Snee
02-27-2011, 07:57 AM
hi.

senegal
02-27-2011, 04:42 PM

http://piv.pivpiv.dk/

chalice
02-27-2011, 04:46 PM

I will hurt you every time you post here, you korma stinking cunt.

Do you use your left hand to wipe your arse?

Snee
02-27-2011, 04:48 PM

Yes, no one had seen that link before, and so we clicked it.

Will you be doing rickrolls next?

senegal
02-27-2011, 04:54 PM
:lol: Heeheee, looks like I've really pissed off the snee now.
I'll reply to your angry post with another stupid post, just to troll you some more!

Snee
02-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Ah, the old 'I meant to do that'-defense.

You were only trollling and aren't actually an idiot despite all the evidence. Totally.

chalice
02-27-2011, 04:57 PM
:lol: Heeheee, looks like I've really pissed off the snee now.
I'll reply to your angry post with another stupid post, just to troll you some more!

So you're not denying that your pores exude curry?

I can smell you from here.

j2k4
02-27-2011, 05:00 PM

You were only trollling and aren't actually an idiot despite all the evidence. Totally.

Really?

I'm tempted to take your word, sir.

Don't know the other fellow...you say he's fucked-up?

Snee
02-27-2011, 05:03 PM
A smidge of a tad.

chalice
02-27-2011, 05:06 PM

Really?

Welcome back Kevin.

However, if you think you can waltz back into this tango you're wrong.

Where were you? People who appreciate anal sex want to know.

j2k4
02-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Really?

Welcome back Kevin.

However, if you think you can waltz back into this tango you're wrong.

Where were you? People who appreciate anal sex want to know.

Nuh-uh.

I'll stick it in your ear, but, hey - if your head is already in your ass...

No dancing anymore, either; I can barely throw out a clutch, atm.

Been playing defense, lately...well, a bit longer than that, but not giving up any goals.

Squeamous
02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
:wave:@Snee

Barbarossa
02-28-2011, 03:51 PM
I miss JP and manker :(

enoughfakefiles
03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
I miss internet news:sad:

BawA
03-04-2011, 08:10 AM
god i so miss the old days, lounge is now a post-count for stupid new comers, this the reason i hardly show up on here, it used to be FST 24/7 for me, now i just pass by front page and leave.

senegal
03-04-2011, 08:29 PM
god i so miss the old days, lounge is now a post-count for stupid new comers, this the reason i hardly show up on here, it used to be FST 24/7 for me, now i just pass by front page and leave.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn83/metro2525/3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg

GreenTea
03-05-2011, 12:50 PM

How about disabliing post count for The Lounge? :)

senegal
03-05-2011, 05:17 PM
it sounds interesting!

KFlint
03-05-2011, 10:50 PM
No, it's not... the problem in the lounge is not new comers spamming to increase their post counts, it's members leaking out of the BT section making clowns of themselves and not accepting they just don't blend in this section and who just continue trolling, nothing else.

weenden
03-06-2011, 12:38 AM
man i miss the lounge and the many names mentioned i used to be here alot and as i watch the movie hollywood knights on demand im flashing back to times when it first came out and my friends back then, and now this thread is flashing back days gone by i miss you guys and girls ,,,i still thought a irc lounge would have been great and would have livined up the place ....but thats me a jackass

bigboab
03-06-2011, 12:17 PM
How about disabliing post count for The Lounge? :)

They tried that before. It was not a success and they ended up reinstating the 'lost' post counts. I think KFlint has hit the nail on the head.:)

accat13
03-09-2011, 02:56 PM
man i miss the lounge and the many names mentioned i used to be here alot and as i watch the movie hollywood knights on demand im flashing back to times when it first came out and my friends back then, and now this thread is flashing back days gone by i miss you guys and girls ,,,i still thought a irc lounge would have been great and would have livined up the place ....but thats me a jackass

If my memory serves me right there used to be an irc "lounge" it was fun while it lasted. But it faded out like a bright light eventually will. These memory lane threads seem to pop up every now and then. It gives me food for thought of many great past members who have faded over time. I myself barely post but I visit almost every day. Maybe one day I will reach that elusive 1000 posts :) .

favourite missing members Virtualbody1234,NikkiD

j2k4
03-09-2011, 08:55 PM
favourite missing members Virtualbody1234,NikkiD

Yup, them.

Hope NikkiD and Jonno are still an item - anyone know?

Snee
03-10-2011, 09:20 PM
No, mang. I hurd he dumped her and got back together with his old girlfriend, baz.

j2k4
03-11-2011, 02:46 AM
For real?

Egad.

Snee
03-11-2011, 05:02 PM
No, I made that up for fun.

j2k4
03-11-2011, 09:01 PM
No, I made that up for fun.

Huh.

I'm really out-of-practice.

vivitron 15
03-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Bit bored this evening, so thought I'd come and see if this place still existed! Strange to see so many names here I remember - and interesting that most people on here probably don't remember the old old board, with ?Paul? and Jetje.

chalice
03-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Bit bored this evening, so thought I'd come and see if this place still existed! Strange to see so many names here I remember - and interesting that most people on here probably don't remember the old old board, with ?Paul? and Jetje.

Nobody remembers you. That's for fucking sure.

chalice
03-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Sorry, mate. I didn't mean that to come across so harsh.

chalice
03-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Well, I did, but I regretted it instantly.

Who the fuck are you anyway?

Snee
03-18-2011, 10:18 PM
A cool guy tbh, was off in the periphery when you were the most active is all. Also a musicworld type.

chalice
03-18-2011, 10:25 PM
A cool guy tbh, was off in the periphery when you were the most active is all. Also a musicworld type.

If you say he's cool, then he must be a cunt in some kinda Swedish irony thing.

Also, Musicworld. There you go.

callum
03-18-2011, 10:41 PM
I remember him to, he's ok. Was going to try and defend musicworld, but there was a lot of mongs in there.

vivitron 15
03-19-2011, 07:45 AM
LOL - wouldn't expect you to remember me - I didn't post all that much, and never really got into the lounge. Used to hang around in Soulseek back in the day when Lamsey, Funky Capricorn, SummerLinda et al were on the Board...oh, and Guitar Slinger, whose music I probably still have somewhere.

It's interesting that this place bears no resemblance to the reason it was originally set up - i.e. Klite, yet has managed to evolve - most online (and real world) communities would, i imagine, have folded long ago, on the demise of their original source of members, yet this place has managed to keep going.

Can anyone remember the geordie guy whose name i forget? He used to post loads in hardware world, and was big into the irc channel iirc

Proper Bo
03-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Azzz or something.

j2k4
03-19-2011, 02:36 PM
...oh, and Guitar Slinger, whose music I probably still have somewhere.

I've got the videos he posted here.:)

Squeamous
03-20-2011, 06:05 PM

Nobody remembers you. That's for fucking sure.

:glag:

Biggles
04-27-2011, 11:15 PM
This thread is a trip down memory lane. There used to be some excellent dust ups on here. JP explaining why Billy Dean was just plain wrong on so many levels, Internet News drifting in from some ethereal open hearted dimension, Manker demonstrating the art of love through inappropriate gifts (mostly chrome bins) it was all good.

I think Guillaume, WeeMouse, Gemby and Ratfaced deserve a mention too as do all those cited above who made this probably the funniest and consistently most entertaining board for years. There were a few complete knobs along the way too but that is a given like.

Biggles
04-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Oh and Skweeks - how is Skweeks doing?

j2k4
04-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh and Skweeks - how is Skweeks doing?

The very personification of fertility and motherhood, last we heard.

megabyteme
04-28-2011, 07:40 PM
You don't have to be an old-timer around here to miss Skweeky... :(

Squeamous
04-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Or Crabknickers!

Biggles
04-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Or Crabknickers!

Indeed Crabknickers too (I had it in my head it was slightly different but as I said elsewhere, short term memory is the first to go)

vivitron 15
05-01-2011, 08:12 PM
This thread is a trip down memory lane. There used to be some excellent dust ups on here. JP explaining why Billy Dean was just plain wrong on so many levels, Internet News drifting in from some ethereal open hearted dimension, Manker demonstrating the art of love through inappropriate gifts (mostly chrome bins) it was all good.

I think Guillaume, WeeMouse, Gemby and Ratfaced deserve a mention too as do all those cited above who made this probably the funniest and consistently most entertaining board for years. There were a few complete knobs along the way too but that is a given like.

Ratfaced was the Geordie guy I was thinking of. Wasn't it WeeMouse who was going out with Lamsey (with his monobrow)?

Snee
05-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Yes.

But she dumped him, and then he made some youtube movies with model ballistas shooting stuff off his bed. Whether it's her fault is anyone's guess.

vivitron 15
05-01-2011, 09:27 PM
i just found his website...he's moved on from his site5 address to his own domain, but the content seems remarkable similar.

Alien5
03-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Hmmm...

manker
03-05-2012, 11:04 AM
d'awwhh :wub:

Alien5
03-05-2012, 01:29 PM
What happened to Squeeky?

manker
03-05-2012, 01:32 PM
JP hounded her off via the gift of juxtaposing the German flag with the Belgian one.
Germans don't like to be called Belgian. Who knew.

Alien5
03-05-2012, 01:37 PM
I can't decide weather you made that up or not?

manker
03-05-2012, 01:42 PM
The man was a menace, he had to be stopped.

Snee
03-05-2012, 02:23 PM
I can't decide the weather either, except for very localized showers.

Alien5
03-05-2012, 02:43 PM
The weather's really windy and cold today,

manker
03-05-2012, 02:50 PM
I thought we were talking about JP being a menace and your inability to control nimbostratus phenomena.
What's Dave got to do with that :blink:

Alien5
03-05-2012, 02:52 PM
It's so quiet today I thought I could get a word or two in.

Why was he a menace?

manker
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
The hounding :no:

Biggles
03-05-2012, 08:03 PM
JP hounded her off via the gift of juxtaposing the German flag with the Belgian one.
Germans don't like to be called Belgian. Who knew.

That and she and Gem moved to the coast with their two sprogs. I think she might be busy, Brenda kind of got too busy when motherhood blossomed within her.

JP was good at the cuntpunch version of hounding though :sneaky:

He is probably sipping a glass of apple and reading through the latest Hun travails with a wry smile.

manker
03-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Alrite, Les :D
Yes, there is that too about Skweeks but blaming JP in his absence can only serve to embroider his legend.
Even though I think the last time I spoke to him was over 3 years ago, he was the first person I thought of when I read about the demise of the hun race. I reckon he would look upon it with sadness, soft git as he is. If it was Liverpool, I'd grin and mean every tooth, but I think he'd lament the diminishing of a worthy adversary.

Btw, I'm glad to see you alive and well, Squeams was telling me last night how you weren't a hippy and had aids, can you imagine my surprise.
She later recanted and said you were a hippy without aids, btw.
True story (altho' sensationalised with words).

Biggles
03-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Alrite, Les :D
Yes, there is that too about Skweeks but blaming JP in his absence can only serve to embroider his legend.
Even though I think the last time I spoke to him was over 3 years ago, he was the first person I thought of when I read about the demise of the hun race. I reckon he would look upon it with sadness, soft git as he is. If it was Liverpool, I'd grin and mean every tooth, but I think he'd lament the diminishing of a worthy adversary.

Btw, I'm glad to see you alive and well, Squeams was telling me last night how you weren't a hippy and had aids, can you imagine my surprise.
She later recanted and said you were a hippy without aids, btw.
True story (altho' sensationalised with words).

I'm mostly being glad about the lack of aids thing. The hippy part is but a distant memory :(

manker
03-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Being a hippy means different things nowadays. I wouldn't worry.
Take ben for example, he has a job now and has never once paid for filesharing :o

Biggles
03-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Being a hippy means different things nowadays. I wouldn't worry.
Take ben for example, he has a job now and has never once paid for filesharing :o

I try to be understanding with these modern ways but at times I feel like a Catholic Cardinal confronted with a Moonie style mass gay wedding officiated over by Bruno*

* i.e. a bit non-plussed.

manker
03-05-2012, 11:00 PM
I always wondered what he got up to when it wasn't Panto season.

mjmacky
03-06-2012, 02:13 AM

I assumed most of the adults around here are continued it on an ideological principle.

Artemis
03-06-2012, 04:10 AM

I assumed most of the adults around here are continued it on an ideological principle.

The free shit is a nice side bonus of the ideological stance though. :naughty:

mjmacky
03-06-2012, 12:18 PM

The free shit is a nice side bonus of the ideological stance though. :naughty:

Sure, but I'd happily pay for media if I find them able to distribute it using modern and not overpriced distribution systems without intrusive DRM. Kind of like Steam (in some cases). I would want to max out my download speed grabbing videos and play them on any media player of my choice, without paying $60-$100 a season.