PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Etiv.in

MarioXXL
02-27-2011, 07:10 PM
can anybody help me with invite to Etiv.in?
thx

IdolEyes787
02-27-2011, 07:31 PM

I have to admit the magnitude of your hypocrisy is quite impressive.

anon
02-27-2011, 07:37 PM
It's for the community.

MarioXXL
02-27-2011, 07:42 PM

I have to admit the magnitude of your hypocrisy is quite impressive.

i don't understand your post,sorry!

IdolEyes787
02-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Don't be sorry ,I sometimes have a hard time understanding them myself.

Anyway what I guess I was attempting to say is that knowing nothing of that site except what popped up on google ,I doubt very much that people that are in the habit of doing what you do, are very welcome there.

Of course it does seem to be an invite forum though so the moral standards aren't necessarily set very high.

It's for the community.
I know that you were being facetious but that got me to look and the last 300 or so or Mario's posts are all in the trade/invite sections with emphasis on the trade.

anon
02-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Of course it does seem to be an invite forum

As if that wasn't enough of a reason not to join, their whole database was leaked to the public some months ago. I wouldn't want to register on a place like that.

IdolEyes787
02-27-2011, 08:05 PM
As if that wasn't enough of a reason not to join, their whole database was leaked to the public some months ago.

In that case good luck Mario I hope you get it.:)

Vorx
02-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Good luck with that bro.

Cabalo
02-28-2011, 02:19 AM
At least there he can pretend as most members he isn't a trader. Only trusted people are allowed in.

TPS is a prime example of this.

Vorx
02-28-2011, 03:25 AM
At least there he can pretend as most members he isn't a trader. Only trusted people are allowed in.

As an ex-member, im pretty sure that TPS has no traders...

Cabalo
02-28-2011, 05:58 AM

I do hope you wrote that sarcastically.

Vorx
02-28-2011, 06:13 AM

I do hope you wrote that sarcastically.

No, i dont. But then again, that was before the ban raid of NiNeCaT.

Cabalo
02-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Do you know that I tested that?
I put on my signature FTN, FSC, FTWR and HDbits logos, and guess what? Suddenly I started receiving PMs of all sorts and kinds, namely money and trade offers. And money offers clearly outnumbered any other.

One guy I even tested how far would he go, and he was willing to pay for my FSC account over 90€. True story.

So much about the "trusted" people huh ?

Quarterquack
02-28-2011, 06:59 AM
€95 for Stallone, if you don't mind, kind sir.

wazza100
02-28-2011, 07:03 AM

Anyway what I guess I was attempting to say is that knowing nothing of that site except what popped up on google ,I doubt very much that people that are in the habit of doing what you do, are very welcome there.

Of course it does seem to be an invite forum though so the moral standards aren't necessarily set very high.

It's for the community.
I know that you were being facetious but that got me to look and the last 300 or so or Mario's posts are all in the trade/invite sections with emphasis on the trade.

u mean requesting an invite, or in fst generally :unsure: as there's heaps of traders who only create accounts here for that reason. if it's the former i'd agree that people would be reluctant to give it to a trader but he may get lucky

Vorx
02-28-2011, 07:07 AM
I put on my signature FTN, FSC, FTWR and HDbits logos, and guess what? Suddenly I started receiving PMs of all sorts and kinds, namely money and trade offers. And money offers clearly outnumbered any other.

One guy I even tested how far would he go, and he was willing to pay for my FSC account over 90€. True story.

Wow. No wonder you guys here hate TPS.

A
02-28-2011, 07:26 AM
People who think places like etiv.in is somehow better, are those who are new to all this. In time, you'll understand.

edit:
If getting invites is what you are looking for, then the power user forums of What.CD, Bitme etc are the way to go. If "community" is what you are looking for, having fun with people of similar interests and hopefully are sensible ( taking average ) is the way to go. Keep in mind that, good and better "communities" have always been easily accessible to the masses. Moreover, community is not what you keep on looking for, it is what you make out of a place you feel comfortable with.

edit2:
My bad. Now only did I check his profile. I look like a jackass with the above comments :lol:

IdolEyes787
02-28-2011, 12:27 PM

u mean requesting an invite, or in fst generally :unsure: as there's heaps of traders who only create accounts here for that reason. if it's the former i'd agree that people would be reluctant to give it to a trader but he may get lucky

As I said I don't know anything about Etiv.in except what popped up in the first likely hit in Google. Whether they love,hate or are indifferent to FST I have no idea.

Personally my opinion is that I have no problem with people asking for invites here as some only want to belong to a site and having more life than some of the so called "bt elite" and therefore not so blessed by "friends" or status see little other recourse.

Of course the argument that no one "needs" to get into any of these sites is of course true but as we know that argument is almost always made by people already in those sites.:pinch:

wazza100
02-28-2011, 12:53 PM
^ yeah i'd never heard of etiv.in either

bijoy
02-28-2011, 01:10 PM

I will not pay a single penny for an account. But what for? :unsure:

Cabalo
02-28-2011, 01:33 PM

Not really, it has provided us with some decent drama.
Mostly I pity them for making the bittorrent scene even more focused on ass kissing and try to profit from providing the means for it to happen.

Private bittorrent boards are bullshit. Like Aby said, "People who think places like etiv.in is somehow better, are those who are new to all this. In time, you'll understand.".

IdolEyes787
02-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Just curious doesn't Cast From Society still exist and if it does do they have the request section?
Btw I'll probably show up on some wank thread there just for having the affront to mention the name.

A
02-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Just curious doesn't Cast From Society still exist and if it does do they have the request section?
Btw I'll probably show up on some wank thread there just for having the affront to mention the name.
CFS had enough with all the tracker politics. They don't have section for invites anymore.

I will not pay a single penny for an account. But what for? :unsure:
Don't you think you are overusing that smiley a tad tooooooo much? Just saying ...

anon
02-28-2011, 03:04 PM

I have a general dislike of invite forums, specially the ones with the word "invite" on their names, for a simple reason: you can't build a "community" around giving and receiving invites to trackers. That's not sane, that's not how it works, and it's practically begging to have the place used as a means to an end, or even the kind of stuff Cabalo mentioned (so much for a non-trading forum where everyone's cool and fully respects trackers' wishes :lol:).