PDA

View Full Version : non p2p file service

Applellial
02-28-2011, 03:44 AM
hello everyone I am new here and am wondering if there are any good free non p2p file sharing systems. I am on a wireless broadband internet service and cannot get any of the p2p systems to work with my ISP. Torrents will not even work and I am desparate to get something to work so that i can download some stuff. thanks in advance for the help

Cabalo
02-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Which P2P systems have you tried so far? Bittorrent and ed2k ?

Why don't you give it a try with a usenet / newsgroups service?

Vorx
02-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Even have a go with some DDL's

optiplex
02-28-2011, 10:20 AM
i don't understand your question.

hello everyone I am new here and am wondering if there are any good free non p2p file sharing systems. I am on a wireless broadband internet service and cannot get any of the p2p systems to work with my ISP. Torrents will not even work and I am desparate to get something to work so that i can download some stuff. thanks in advance for the help

anon
02-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Why don't you give it a try with a usenet / newsgroups service?

One-click hosters may also be a good idea... unless the provider is shaping simple HTTP downloads. In that case, I'd switch to a different one.

You may also want to read my reply to your other thread.

bijoy
03-01-2011, 07:27 PM

you can always use tunneling in your advantage. :)

TONiC
03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Does this work for you [assuming you have utorrent]:

Options > Preferences > BitTorrent > Protocol Encryption = Forced, "Accept incoming legacy connections" unticked.
Restart client.

ioluke90
03-04-2011, 04:24 PM
hello everyone I am new here and am wondering if there are any good free non p2p file sharing systems.

What about Filenger? If you can send mail it works...

zot
03-05-2011, 12:24 AM
It seems that many wireless broadband companies go to extreme lengths to block out P2P usage, so simple measures like changing the port or enabling packet encryption in the client may not be enough.

A P2P-friendly VPN should get you through your ISP's traffic-shaping induced blockages, as well as un-firewalling your internet connection, and let you continue with torrenting or whatever P2P you are used to using.

Or, as already suggested, you can switch from torrents to direct-download/file-hosting/"cyberlocker" sites or usenet.

Just be aware that regardless of how you defeat the P2P block, a lot of wireless internet providers play hardball with heavy bandwidth users, so it might pay to research complaints about your ISP's policy and enforcement tactics.

PT8023
03-29-2011, 09:26 PM
May be you can use a seedbox.

Tokeman
03-29-2011, 10:18 PM
I would think direct downloads would work fine, and do not see why newsgroups would be blocked.
If all else fails, have a friend download it and snail mail it to ya on a dvd...
Just kidding!