PDA

View Full Version : W32hllp.hantaner Worm

popeye222
11-09-2003, 04:33 AM
I just became aware that 75% of software downloads from all p2p, contain a worm virus called hantaner worm. Is anyone else aware of this worm and what is it?

ultimatejester
11-09-2003, 04:36 AM
1.What does this have to do with this forum's section.
2.Have you tried the verifeds

tarzan
11-09-2003, 04:40 AM
well it is a bad worm,but 75% of all downloads?
cmon man thats a load horse crap
maybe one percent of downloads
you need to provide sources if you are gonna come here and try scare tactics
if you say over 3/4s of all software provided via p2p networks is infected with this worm i demand plausable and undeniable proof
so step up and prove it

popeye222
11-09-2003, 04:48 AM
I ran mcaffee virus scan on my computer and found three hundred 300 , instances of hantaner on my computer, all in downloads from p2p, not just k-lite but several others as well. not scare tatics. If you have mcaffee, check it out yourself.

InverseKinetix
11-09-2003, 04:58 AM
if you found the virus after you downloaded you should think about using a AV with realtime scanning capabilty to stop the file before it completes.

tarzan
11-09-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by popeye222@9 November 2003 - 04:48
I ran mcaffee virus scan on my computer and found three hundred  300 , instances of hantaner on my computer, all in downloads from p2p, not just k-lite but several others as well. not scare tatics. If you have mcaffee, check it out yourself.
just because you claim a thing true doesnt make it true
I virus scan regulary my box is clean
and let me quote you here

I just became aware that 75% of software downloads from all p2p

so because you have several instances of a worm on your box leads you to belive that 75% of all shared programs are infected with this virus?
here is a word of advice
real time scanner
scan frequently in case some get in
keep you database up to date
dont warn people unless you have substantial proof other than your word or a virus alert on your box (i.e specific files and or users distributing them with proof to back it up)
otherwise you are going to get flamed by the posters here and told to stop hollaring that the sky is falling