PDA

View Full Version : Btmusic Account Disabled

peeves
03-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi,

I was hoping for someone to point me the right direction. My Pedro account was disabled for inactivity. I thought I had the account parked. I can't join the irc channel because my username isn't registered. Do I have to find a new invite or is there a way for me to contact the staff to get my account re-enabled?

Thanks.

EvilWalks
03-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Lightly used accounts older than 90 days may be disabled at any time at the discretion of staff, even if parked. Use it or lose it.

What's the point in trying to get an account back that you haven't used for 90 days? That's 3 months mate... chances are, you're never going to make proper use of the site, and as such are just a waste of space on the user list that can be freed up for someone else... which it seems Pedro's have done.

whatcdfan
03-06-2011, 03:06 PM
What's the point in trying to get an account back that you haven't used for 90 days? That's 3 months mate... chances are, you're never going to make proper use of the site, and as such are just a waste of space on the user list that can be freed up for someone else... which it seems Pedro's have done.

Absolutely agree, In the age where trackers have limited spots to be used, I wouldn't bother myself to carry an account which I dont use regularly.

anon
03-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Try sending an e-mail to disabled AT btmusic DOT eu.

Solitude
03-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Try sending an e-mail to disabled AT btmusic DOT eu.

"banned@", not "disabled@"

anon
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Thank you. For some reason I always mix them up. :pinch:

thebookie
05-19-2011, 10:47 AM
It seems like BTMUSIC.EU has been changed to XBTMUSIC.ORG ? The login page has been changed to a new number recognizer, but it's not working and my account was disabled after three times. Worse, the IRC has been changed and I don't know where it is now, as well as the admin emails - yes I tried changing the @... from BTMUSIC.EU to XBTMUSIC.ORG. Also BANNED@, DISABLED@, etc are bouncing for both the old and the new root. Can someone tell me how I can get in touch with ANYONE at BT?

anon
05-19-2011, 05:45 PM
It seems like BTMUSIC.EU has been changed to XBTMUSIC.ORG ? The login page has been changed to a new number recognizer, but it's not working and my account was disabled after three times.

Are you sure you didn't mix accounts with IPs?

Solitude
05-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Also BANNED@, DISABLED@, etc are bouncing for both the old and the new root. Can someone tell me how I can get in touch with ANYONE at BT?

btmusichelp at gmail

thebookie
05-20-2011, 09:56 AM
It seems like BTMUSIC.EU has been changed to XBTMUSIC.ORG ? The login page has been changed to a new number recognizer, but it's not working and my account was disabled after three times.

Are you sure you didn't mix accounts with IPs?

Sorry not sure what you mean?

thebookie
05-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Also BANNED@, DISABLED@, etc are bouncing for both the old and the new root. Can someone tell me how I can get in touch with ANYONE at BT?

btmusichelp at gmail

sorry don't mean to be rude, but can someone verify this?

A13
05-20-2011, 01:52 PM

Absolutely agree, In the age where trackers have limited spots to be used, I wouldn't bother myself to carry an account which I dont use regularly.

This is a 2 and half month late response, but I would like to offer a defense, because I was in this predicament with multiple sites (generously they did not disable my account). I couldn't use all of my sites the past 4 months because of school. When I'm in school, I'm on a network that disallows torrents. So the most I can do is log in. But I cannot torrent. So should the site disable you for not using the account anyway? Sure, but I wouldn't just say those who are disabled have no reason.

anon
05-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Sorry not sure what you mean?

You said your account was disabled after three login attempts. But no site does that - they ban your IP address in an attempt to deter account hijacking/password guessing. So I was wondering whether you may have confused both concepts.

When I'm in school, I'm on a network that disallows torrents. So the most I can do is log in. But I cannot torrent.

Logging in is enough to keep your account alive. If your ratio is good enough, you don't need activity on the tracker level to manage that.

Solitude
05-20-2011, 07:24 PM

Everyone with access to the site can, it's on the front page.
Either way you don't need to send them your your password or credit card number, what do you need verification for?

Funkin'
05-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Logging in is enough to keep your account alive.

Actually it's not over at BTmusic. Along with periodically logging in, you also have to download something here and there.

anon
05-21-2011, 01:52 AM
Oh, I didn't know that. I assumed it'd be just like in the vast majority of trackers. I retire what I said to A13. :)

thebookie
05-21-2011, 02:54 PM

Everyone with access to the site can, it's on the front page.
Either way you don't need to send them your your password or credit card number, what do you need verification for?

because i don't want to give my username to someone at a gmail account when pedro is clearly in poland and ive never seen them use gmail before.

also i didnt download for a few months because i was 1) changing jobs, 2) moving, and 3) getting a new PC so was only checking into the site to see what was new. ive been a member for 5 years almost and im pretty sure i was desireable enough to stay on that long.

Solitude
05-22-2011, 12:12 AM
because i don't want to give my username to someone at a gmail account when pedro is clearly in poland and ive never seen them use gmail before.

I think you're paranoid a little bit too much. Who do you think would need to know your nickname? You left all of your four posts in this thread, nobody knows you and nobody cares.
Mail address change came along with domain change. It's written on the main page under "How to contact staff?" news item. I hope someone here confirms this information for you, it would suck to loose 5 year old account just because you're scared of sending your torrent tracker nickname to a wrong mail box.

thebookie
05-22-2011, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=thebookie;3581237]
I think you're paranoid a little bit too much. Who do you think would need to know your nickname? You left all of your four posts in this thread, nobody knows you and nobody cares.
Mail address change came along with domain change. It's written on the main page under "How to contact staff?" news item. I hope someone here confirms this information for you, it would suck to loose 5 year old account just because you're scared of sending your torrent tracker nickname to a wrong mail box.

i hear you. the problem is that not even the site is loading now.

anon
05-22-2011, 06:21 PM
i hear you. the problem is that not even the site is loading now.

xbtmusic.org? It is for me...

dogcodeo6
06-12-2011, 10:29 AM
same problem here, was a meber for a long time and uploaded a decent amount there. my account was disabled for inactivity (real life, university, job, bills) and I have no way to reach them. forum account was also disabled. so if any btmusic Mod reads this please provide a way to get support for disabled accounts, if that is at all possible. thanks

CleverMan
06-14-2011, 04:17 PM
have you tried this?

btmusichelp at gmail

soulreaper
06-15-2011, 10:33 AM
I think btmusic has really retarded inactivity rules. Like, I could get disabled for not downloading anything even when seeding about 10 torrents.

dogcodeo6
06-15-2011, 10:42 AM
have you tried this?
btmusichelp at gmail After another try I think my account was deleted not disabled, so it's not worth the hassle. What+Waffles has everything btmusic ever had.

zoeygirly
06-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Anybody else having trouble getting the site to load?

anon
06-15-2011, 09:27 PM

Not me.

zoeygirly
06-15-2011, 09:54 PM

Not me.

Well is it xbtmusic.org ?? I can't get it to load at all :P

anon
06-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Well is it xbtmusic.org ??

Yes, and their old btmusic.eu domain should auto-redirect you. IP is 193.189.73.86 in case you want to try adding it to your hosts file or something.

zoeygirly
06-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Well is it xbtmusic.org ??

Yes, and their old btmusic.eu domain should auto-redirect you. IP is 193.189.73.86 in case you want to try adding it to your hosts file or something.

Okay, i'll try it, thanks anon ;)