PDA

View Full Version : OrlyDB - Download Files From It

fileshatra
03-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi guys, if i go on this scene site:

http://orlydb.com/

there's Muchest stuff, but i can't download nothing!

Once time i click on "download", it reports me always to "usenet.nl"

I have usent but i don't know how download these files, then, i checked this "usenet.nl" on the net and i discovered that's a scammer site.

How i download all those files? :(

bijoy
03-09-2011, 04:04 PM
i checked this "usenet.nl" on the net and i discovered that's a scammer site.

:huh: And how did you come to this decision?

Back on topic, you can download those files from any usenet servers around. Just get the .nzb file and you are done. :)

anon
03-09-2011, 07:34 PM
As far as I know, ORLYDB is just a pre database and you can't download "from" it. Look for the releases' name elsewhere if you want the files.

fileshatra
03-09-2011, 08:38 PM
So, repeat i read on internet that's "usenet.nl" is a scammer site.

Then, i can't download much files cuz i can't find it anywhere else!

For example: Hawaii.Five.0.S01E01.Aloha.Steve.McGarrett.GERMAN.DUBBED.DL.WS.720p.HDTV.x264-euHD

This file there's but i can't download it cuz i can't find it!! :( (and much other stuff new or old).

industrialpunk
03-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Do you understand how usenet works? Do you have a usenet client and NSP?

http://www.slyck.com/Newsgroups_Guide

So, repeat i read on internet that's "usenet.nl" is a scammer site.

Then, i can't download much files cuz i can't find it anywhere else!

For example: Hawaii.Five.0.S01E01.Aloha.Steve.McGarrett.GERMAN.DUBBED.DL.WS.720p.HDTV.x264-euHD

This file there's but i can't download it cuz i can't find it!! :( (and much other stuff new or old).

Cabalo
03-09-2011, 10:12 PM
You should really check our concise guide to usenet. http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/384765-Noob-s-guide-to-usenet

anon
03-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Judging from a couple of threads fileshatra has started in the Newsgroups section, I'd say he's familiar with at least the basics of Usenet and NZBs.

It'd appear to me that the "DL" buttons on ORLYDB are referral links that redirect you to Usenet.nl's frontpage, the site's owner getting something in return every time someone clicks. Usenet.nl per se isn't a "scam" just because of that.

zot
03-10-2011, 12:18 AM
The sites that advertise the most widely (outside of NZB sites) - Usenext, Binverse, and Usenet.nl - are notorious for ripping people off -- at least according to the mountain of complaints that have been posted all over the internet for years.

It might not be an outright *scam* per se, but do you really want to deal with companies that use deceptive advertising, trickery, use of shills, threats, and "brass-knuckle" tactics against their customers. These companies try to sucker trial users into a yearly prepaid subscription, then refuse to let users out of it. If a user dares to fight back and refuses to pay or does a charge-back, then they have been known to send collection agencies to hunt them down and harass and threaten them.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/333387-Usenext-is-a-SCAM-!-!-!

http://www.usenetshack.com/usenext-scam-review-usenet-provider/

Usenext and Usenet.nl are the same company.

anon
03-10-2011, 12:26 AM
In short, Usenext is full of shit. That's what I suspected since I first saw the advertising tactics zot mentioned (pop-ups, pop-unders, huge banners, referral links), and back then I didn't even know what Usenet was.

fileshatra
03-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Like i said, Usenext is a shit, scamemr site. The best are Giganews and Astraweb (this last one VERY great!).

However now we are a bit off topic, so how i download those files if i can't find 'em anywhere? (But they exsist however!)

anon
03-10-2011, 04:27 PM
However now we are a bit off topic, so how i download those files if i can't find 'em anywhere? (But they exsist however!)

NZB indexer sites? Trackers? DDL forums? Google?

Cabalo
03-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Like i said, Usenext is a shit, scamemr site. The best are Giganews and Astraweb (this last one VERY great!).

Are you acquainted with searches on nzbindex.nl or newsleecher's supersearch ?

fileshatra
03-11-2011, 11:11 AM
mh....... thanks, newsleecher's supersearch is very good! But it searchs in every nzb site?

UsenetGuy
03-12-2011, 05:10 PM

Where did you search? I see it is posted to usenet more than once. https://www.yabsearch.com/search/Hawaii.Five.0.S01E01.Aloha.Steve.McGarrett.GERMAN.DUBBED.DL.WS.720p.HDTV.x264-euHD

They might exist but that does not mean they are posted to usenet. OrlyDB is a scene database that keeps track of the latest stuff released, not all of it gets posted to usenet. In fact most of it doesn't.

fileshatra
03-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Thank you, what's this "YabSearch"? Is good?

tesco
03-13-2011, 08:49 PM
It's in our nzb index.

heiska
03-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Where did you search? I see it is posted to usenet more than once. https://www.yabsearch.com/search/Hawaii.Five.0.S01E01.Aloha.Steve.McGarrett.GERMAN.DUBBED.DL.WS.720p.HDTV.x264-euHD

They might exist but that does not mean they are posted to usenet. OrlyDB is a scene database that keeps track of the latest stuff released, not all of it gets posted to usenet. In fact most of it doesn't.

In fact, very few scene releases don't end up posted to usenet.

shipwreck
03-13-2011, 11:54 PM
OrlyDB is a dupe database, a pretty good / complete one at that. It lists all the releases in the various categories that have been released by the scene over the years. It just lists them, it's not a source itself. The original purpose of dupe databases was for sceners to check for 'dupes', already released software, games, movies, music etc. they intended to release. If no dupe existed, they could release.

The vast majority of scene releases makes it to P2P, newsgroups, DDL forums etc., but not every single one of them. Even scene FTP sites don't store every release, depending on their rules. And then there are internal releases that aren't made to be 'traded' and to remain on the affil sites. So to make sure you get that specific release you can't find anywhere, you'd need an account on one of the scene FTP sites that group is affil on.

P2P emulated this concept with 'internal groups' on private bittorrent trackers, albeit without the dupe rules. While most of those internal releases make it to other trackers, newsgroups, DDL forums etc., not all of them do. So if you're looking for a specific release, you may have to join the tracker also.

fileshatra
03-19-2011, 12:15 AM

So.....where?

@ shipwreck Ok, thank you so much .

I wanna know a thing...... what's the biggest and best DDL forum? Warez-BB?

And then..... where i can find this "FTP Private Site"? There's way to get in?

Thanks.

anon
03-19-2011, 12:35 AM

That's the biggest one I know.

I'm not sure, but I think "private" may be the keyword here.

fileshatra
03-19-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm not sure, but I think "private" may be the keyword here.

mh..... i don't understand what you said...... :D

anon
03-19-2011, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I thought so.

fileshatra
03-22-2011, 11:58 AM

So.....where?

Thanks.

shipwreck
03-22-2011, 02:30 PM
No clue about DDL, but there are basically three ways to get on a scene FTP site. Either be part of the scene yourself, e.g. a scene group member (cracker, supplier, coder, trader etc.), or know the siteop and / or supply hardware / bandwidth, or pay for a leech account.

The last option is the reason why many siteops ended up in jail over the years. The second option is why a number of sites were run by the FBI over the years. The first option isn't really an option, because even if you do have talents or content that may be of interest, the general paranoia in the scene (for obvious reasons) makes it rather difficult to get in contact with the groups, at least the older / better ones (which are affils on the better FTPs).

Top Scene FTPs typically only have a few hundred users on them, so it's rather exclusive. Unless you want to spend years on iRC, learn to know (and arsekiss) the right people and work your way up the ladder, I say you better stick to DDL, Newsgroups or P2P.

heiska
03-22-2011, 06:27 PM

So.....where?

Thanks.

Just go watch yourself the announces on #gotnzb4u-latest and #inner-sanctum @efnet.

fileshatra
03-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks shipwreck.

Just go watch yourself the announces on #gotnzb4u-latest and #inner-sanctum @efnet.

What are these?

anon
03-23-2011, 03:58 PM
What are these?

I see #s and @s so they may be channels on an IRC network called EFnet. Don't take my word for it, though.