PDA

View Full Version : Japan Earthquake...Godzilla Attack Cover-Up?

megabyteme
03-13-2011, 12:04 AM
This whole thing has Godzilla written all over it. Isn't it about time they admit they have problems with giant monsters? I doubt it is a mere coincidence the nuclear power plants and trains were involved in the destruction.

*Note: Sincere apologies to anyone with relatives/friends/loved ones directly involved in this horrible tragedy. I am merely noting the similarities between the destruction caused by the quake, and the chaos left after a Godzilla movie.

iLOVENZB
03-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Maybe the dead whales are rebelling?

...little too soon?

Funny how the world has now forgotten about their whaling tactics, isn't it?

Barbarossa
03-14-2011, 11:22 AM
You and you. come here.

Right, you're making a joke, there's absolutely no reason to apologise for it. OK?

I find your apologies more offensive than the joke.

*cuffs round the back of the head*

Now carry on.

http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/36314/1299854698/JapanEQHorror.jpg
(not mine)

Squeamous
03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
I've been using FB too much - I'm looking for the 'like' button.

It's hilarious watching the media trying to extract some human drama from Japan, of all places.

megabyteme
03-14-2011, 10:30 PM
I find your apologies more offensive than the joke.

I agree with you, wholeheartedly TBH, but thought it might fall under the category of, "too soon". People are still missing/buried/swept away, etc. My intent was for this thread to be lighthearted, and celebrate some of the truly awesome Godzilla scenes.

What I did not want to do was defend myself endlessly from people who could not recognize the dark humor for what it is. I thank you for getting the joke, Barbarossa!

One interesting note that does make me believe my whitewashed apology may have been appropriately used- it took nearly two days for anyone to respond. Apparently, for many, it is still too soon. :(

IdolEyes787
03-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Godzilla's been a failure ever since they stopped using the gay Canadian guy who played a wheelchair bound defense attorney as comedy relief.
Now if you want a good giant monster you need to find Gamera since clearly nothing tops a giant upright flying turtle that can shoot radioactive beams out of his mouth. The only way that he could possibly be better is if he became a giant upright flying turtle zombie that can shoot radioactive beams out of his mouth , had a effeminate centaur as a sidekick and wore a cape.

IdolEyes787
03-15-2011, 01:27 AM
As thousands of bodies wash up (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1366093/Japan-faces-2nd-earthquake-tsunami-2-000-bodies-wash-ashore.html) on the shores of Japan amid fears of a meltdown at nuclear power plants (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365781/Japan-earthquake-tsunami-All-3-Fukushima-nuclear-plant-reactors-meltdown.html) and as scientists warn that a second major earthquake and tsunami might be on it’s way, Gilbert Gottfried probably picked a bad time to go on twitter and make tsunami jokes, or at least he did in the eyes of his bosses at Aflac, who earn about three-quarters of their total revenue from Japan. Jokes like these…
- I was talking to my Japanese real estate agent. I said “is there a school in this area.” She said “not now, but just wait.”
- Japan is really advanced. They don’t go to the beach. The beach comes to them.
- What do the japanese have in common with @howardstern? They’re both radio active.
- Japan had put out this urgent plea….” PLEASE SEND US A FEW BIlLION RUBBER DUCKIES!!!!!”
- Japan called me. They said “maybe those jokes are a hit in the US, but over here, they’re all sinking.”
- What does every Japanese person have in their apartment? Flood lights.
- My Japanese doctor advised me to stay healthy I need 50 million gallons of water a day.
- I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, “They’ll be another one floating by any minute now.”
Needless to say Aflac fired him today (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42077764/ns/today-entertainment/)…
Disability insurer Aflac Inc. fired comedian Gilbert Gottfried as the voice of its iconic duck on Monday after a series of Twitter jokes about the earthquake in Japan, Aflac’s most important market.
Since 2000, Gottfried has voiced the duck in the insurer’s TV ad campaign in the United States, quacking “Af-LAC!” in the comedian’s famously abrasive voice.

megabyteme
03-15-2011, 01:53 AM
I always thought Gottfried was an odd "duck" choice for a spokesperson... :mellow:

pastoral
03-22-2011, 04:22 AM
Hey, Mate, You watch too many Japanese Movies.
What about Australia? What are you gonna say about it? A godzilla drank too much beer, and it urinated all over Queensland of Australia? Then, it caused the flood?

megabyteme
03-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Nah, Australia doesn't need any kind of nuclear disaster to create evil, super mutants of doom- they already live with that stuff. Even Godzilla avoids their spiders... :yikes:

senegal
03-22-2011, 08:35 PM
This thread should be closed and OP banned.
Any association between Godzilla and drama experienced by the Japanese people these days, seems to me ridiculous.
People are dying, ffs!!!

megabyteme
03-23-2011, 06:10 AM
I would like the record to show, that I did not kill a single one, nor is it likely that anyone directly involved has internet access.

I would further like the thread to show that Senegal is a pussy.

May gawd have mercy on his sole (assuming he has fish for lunch)....

:mellow:

Barbarossa
03-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Any association between Godzilla and drama experienced by the Japanese people these days, seems to me ridiculous.
People are dying, ffs!!!

People are always dying. What's your point?

*poof* there goes another one. Oh, and another.

brotherdoobie
03-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Nah, Australia doesn't need any kind of nuclear disaster to create evil, super mutants of doom- they already live with that stuff. Even Godzilla avoids their spiders... :yikes:

They're racist spiders, too...

-doobs :fear:

senegal
03-23-2011, 07:53 PM
I would like the record to show, that I did not kill a single one, nor is it likely that anyone directly involved has internet access.

I would further like the thread to show that Senegal is a pussy.

May gawd have mercy on his sole (assuming he has fish for lunch)....

:mellow:

You're a retard!
Mentally, you have to be to low to say something like this.
Get out of the house to oxygenate that brain full of shit; you've started to confuse reality with the virtual world.

People are dying, ffs!!!

People are always dying. True.
The point is people are dying due to a calamity. People involved: children and active population; not to be confused with natural death.
Rarely, I was given to see such a proof of solidarity, as happens currently in Japan.
Let's all light a candle in memory of those who died!

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn83/metro2525/reuters-id230822.jpg

mjmacky
03-23-2011, 08:47 PM
If someone died in a fire, what exactly would it mean if you light a candle for their death?

brotherdoobie
03-23-2011, 09:05 PM
You're a retard!
Mentally, you have to be to low to say something like this.
Get out of the house to oxygenate that brain full of shit; you've started to confuse reality with the virtual world.

People are dying, ffs!!!

People are always dying. True.
The point is people are dying due to a calamity. People involved: children and active population; not to be confused with natural death.
Rarely, I was given to see such a proof of solidarity, as happens currently in Japan.
Let's all light a candle in memory of those who died!

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn83/metro2525/reuters-id230822.jpg

If you care as much as you're carrying on about, why don't you do something less mental than lighting a candle in memory of strangers.

Donate your money, time or something else.

-doobs

senegal
03-23-2011, 09:24 PM
If someone died in a fire, what exactly would it mean if you light a candle for their death?

:slap:

If you care as much as your carrying on about, why don't you do something less mental than lighting a candle in memory of strangers.

-doobs

Actually, I do this every day, in one way or another.

megabyteme
03-23-2011, 10:05 PM
With enough candles, they can dry the place out!

brotherdoobie
03-24-2011, 02:06 AM
:slap:

If you care as much as you're carrying on about, why don't you do something less mental than lighting a candle in memory of strangers.

-doobs

Actually, I do this every day, in one way or another.

Good for you, lad. Good for you.

-doobs

Squeamous
03-30-2011, 01:00 PM
I don't think you can really go wrong with the word 'calamity' :smilie4: