PDA

View Full Version : Free Text Posting?

WindWalkerX
03-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Is there a group that offers this?
My provider has posting disabled.
I'm not in need of binary uploading capacity. Just text. Mostly for thanks and harassing people for pars :lol:

nntpjunkie
03-15-2011, 03:22 PM
You could give just4today.net a try - it's free, but if you want access to the most newsgroups available you would need to get an account with a premium provider like newshosting...

industrialpunk
03-15-2011, 04:30 PM
You could give just4today.net a try - it's free, but if you want access to the most newsgroups available you would need to get an account with a premium provider like newshosting...

There is also http://anonymouse.org/anonnews.html

WindWalkerX
03-15-2011, 04:53 PM
I already tried just4today and got an error. I assumed it must have had posting disabled.

There is also http://anonymouse.org/anonnews.htmlI hadn't considered web based. Gave it a shot :) Guess I'll find out if it works in 12 hours :p
However... I don't see how you could use it to reply to a thread. It looks like it can only make a new thread.

zot
03-15-2011, 11:26 PM
While there are several free text-only posting NNTP providers, such as Eternal-September.org, but the problem is that they don't let you connect to alt-binaries groups. I suggest getting a block account (the kind that never expire) -- as cheap as $2 from sellers like Usenet-News.net or Newsdemon -- and for posting text, that $2 will probably last you for life.

Just4today and every other alt.binaries-supporting free service, trial, and test server I've used has had posting disabled -- and for obvious reasons.

It's funny that you picked Newshosting -- because unlike the vast majority of paid providers, Newshosting has posting disabled, and a user must log in to the member control panel and request it.

hdjunky
03-16-2011, 05:37 AM
It's funny that you picked Newshosting -- because unlike the vast majority of paid providers, Newshosting has posting disabled, and a user must log in to the member control panel and request it.

Not that funny! He pimps newshosting all around cause his website in his signature shows that he works or gets affiliate paid to do so!

Why would you suggest to him to pay each month when he specifically said he wants free posting?

Just pay the 2.75 for blocknews nd you gt all the posting you want plus 5 gigs t use whenever you want or need a backup.