PDA

View Full Version : IPT & TorrentDay, same owner?

AdrianPhoto
03-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Okay, I'm not sure about this..
Couple of days ago I made a donation to IPT, then received the receipt from PayPal.. and to my surprise:

The donation was to TorrentDay
What's this?
After threads and threads about TorrentDay..
I don't know, but this is news to me! :ermm:

TONiC
03-17-2011, 12:20 PM
I recall reading a FSF article, saying that sharky [RiP, admin] had a gut feeling IPT and TD were sister sites because they both went offline at similar times, and both had from russian (?, may have been ukrainian) IPs which were a couple numbers off.

Di@monds
03-17-2011, 12:44 PM
you donate to ipt? damn...

mjmacky
03-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh please not TorrentDay again, are they still around scamming... I mean scumming up the internet?

pastoral
03-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Both of sites could have same owner.

AdrianPhoto
03-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Anyone interested in this NSLOOKUP result

nslookup torrentday.com

Name: torrentday.com
Address: 95.128.245.222
Address: 95.128.245.223
Address: 95.128.245.224
Address: 95.128.245.225
Address: 95.128.242.220
Address: 95.128.242.230
Address: 95.128.245.220
Address: 95.128.245.221

nslookup iptorrents.com

Name: iptorrents.com
Address: 95.128.245.250
Name: iptorrents.com
Address: 95.128.242.250IPT and TD are on the same network!

Edit:
Oh come on!!! Both of them trace to
95-128-240-2.avk-com.ru

Not cool you guys.. not cool

Mokhtar
03-17-2011, 03:19 PM
And speed.cd also belongs to same people. Ask merwais, he owns both.

anon
03-17-2011, 03:22 PM
I think there was a thread about this already. I read the FSF article TONiC mentioned as well, and found that fishy. I hope there's no reason to worry, as while TD is known for its lies and false stats, IPT is an excellent tracker which hasn't engaged in such practices (as far as I know).

What's wrong?

bijoy
03-17-2011, 07:24 PM
And speed.cd also belongs to same people. Ask merwais, he owns both.

who cares untill one is getting quality pirated softwares, movies etc from them. :unsure:

merwais
03-17-2011, 08:10 PM
If you whois Torrentleech, it's in the same network also ;)
torrentleech.org http://95.128.242.231

TD and IPT might have a link but who cares, as i can see, after TD opened. IPT never opened their registration which is good.

+1 to bijoy, who cares, just get the quality releases and enjoy ;)

Di@monds
03-17-2011, 08:12 PM
I think there was a thread about this already. I read the FSF article TONiC mentioned as well, and found that fishy. I hope there's no reason to worry, as while TD is known for its lies and false stats, IPT is an excellent tracker which hasn't engaged in such practices (as far as I know).

What's wrong?

nothing wrong, cheating and stealing is nothing wrong either, you know what i mean

merwais
03-17-2011, 08:20 PM
:lol:

anon
03-17-2011, 08:21 PM
hahahahahhaha +1 to Di@monds
anon-sbi should really stop cheating/stealing torrents, better help a torrent site to grow and provide better service.

if everyone enter a shop and start stealing, you think that shop will bring new stuff ?

anon-sbi grow up mehn, stop ur stupid comments. think 2-3 times before leaving a stupid comments. at least read it before u click on post!

Haha, couldn't wait for your usual shitstorm. Keep up the good work.

merwais
03-17-2011, 08:23 PM
damn you, anon-sbi!
I didn't mean to post that comment for you, i edited mine, how the F*** you copied that fast :P

edit the damn quote ;)

P.S: stop cheating on trackers, that's not good :P

mjmacky
03-17-2011, 08:27 PM
I heard TD is an MPAA tracker, so that you may be intimate with each other before the rough times in court

merwais
03-17-2011, 08:28 PM
I heard TD is an MPAA tracker, so that you may be intimate with each other before the rough times in court

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WTF are u talking about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tracker owned by MPAA :lol: :lol: :lol:

that would be awesome to get great releases from MPAA )))

Now a days, MPAA/RIAA is uploading scene releases ? right ? :P

P.S: please, cut the crap!!!

anon
03-17-2011, 08:35 PM
damn you, anon-sbi!
I didn't mean to post that comment for you, i edited mine, how the F*** you copied that fast :P

edit the damn quote ;)

Not unless you ask nicely. That's my policy. :snooty:

P.S: stop cheating on trackers, that's not good :P

I haven't used torrents for half a year already. Get your shit straight. :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WTF are u talking about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, it makes more sense that you think.

merwais
03-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Not unless you ask nicely. That's my policy. :snooty:

OK bro, please clear that message, that message was not for u :console:

mjmacky
03-17-2011, 08:56 PM

Actually, it makes more sense that you think.
I know right? If the MPAA hosted a tracker, all you would find would be scene releases (if real releases at all). First they try to poison p2p by injecting bad files, thinking the inconvenience would deter the practice (you know, instead of evaluating how moviefilmcos do business). It seems the next logical step to host your own tracker, having people flock to you for IP address collection, intel gathering, and monitoring of illegal activity. It may sound like some conspiracy theory, but from day 3 I was thinking there will be a mass of DMCA letters resulting from TD. The biggest tipoff being the way they censor dissent...

merwais
03-17-2011, 09:03 PM
mjmacky, well... you are mistaken then. 3 day already passed and TD is a one and half year old tracker. I am still there and many US and UK dudes of mine are using them also.
None of them received anything. so u better update yourself ;)

IdolEyes787
03-17-2011, 09:10 PM
hahahahahhaha +1 to Di@monds

anon-sbi grow up mehn, stop ur stupid comments. think 2-3 times before leaving a stupid comments. at least read it before u click on post!

For anyone unfamiliar with English this is what is known as irony.

mjmacky
03-17-2011, 09:38 PM
mjmacky, well... you are mistaken then. 3 day already passed and TD is a one and half year old tracker. I am still there and many US and UK dudes of mine are using them also.
If they act too early, it could jeopardize the entire sting

merwais
03-17-2011, 09:52 PM
If they act too early, it could jeopardize the entire sting

To be honest, living is dangerous also. once again, cut the crap and stop thinking useless about other people and sites.
I think you better kill yourself, why wait till god kill you :P got it ? MPAA/RIAA is not allowed to share copyright material for 1 and half year :lol:

You are way too paranoid. contact the nearest doctor and do a full checkup ;)

anon
03-17-2011, 10:52 PM
I know right? If the MPAA hosted a tracker, all you would find would be scene releases (if real releases at all). First they try to poison p2p by injecting bad files, thinking the inconvenience would deter the practice (you know, instead of evaluating how moviefilmcos do business). It seems the next logical step to host your own tracker, having people flock to you for IP address collection, intel gathering, and monitoring of illegal activity.

Exactly my thoughts.

MPAA/RIAA is not allowed to share copyright material

Both of those organizations have permission from the copyright holders to do as they please with their works.

And mjmacky should kill himself? What the fuck is going on here? :mellow:

Pwner101
03-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Are they already holding this years Special Olympics?

mjmacky
03-18-2011, 01:30 AM
You are way too paranoid. contact the nearest doctor and do a full checkup ;)
Unfortunately my pre-existing condition has prevented me from getting health care for many years now. I know something was overturned recently, but it's still too expensive. Would you be willing to help out? I can tell you have an opinion that would impress any medical professional, and luckily you do it for free. I just need to you gently cup my balls while I let out a few coughs, rub my chest while I breathe heavily, and explore some of my orifices with lights and metal rods. It won't be gay, promise.

anon
03-18-2011, 01:34 AM
Unfortunately my pre-existing condition has prevented me from getting health care for many years now. I know something was overturned recently, but it's still too expensive. Would you be willing to help out?

Looks like a job for... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Simuladores

One of the chapters was actually about health care and pre-existing conditions. I wish someone took the time to make English subtitles. That would allow you people to enjoy its awesomeness :)

mjmacky
03-18-2011, 01:41 AM
They have that problem in Argentina, or was an American in need of assistance?

anon
03-18-2011, 01:43 AM
They have that problem in Argentina

:yup:

n00bz0r
03-18-2011, 03:48 AM
I am still there and many US and UK dudes of mine..
:lol:

Monaco
03-18-2011, 02:20 PM
I picture this guy running both sites:

http://viad.tv/img/2010/10/Discover-Card-Peggy-Customer-Service-Annual-Fee.jpg

mjmacky
03-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Don't know about IPT, but here's your friendly TD staff
http://images.wikia.com/annex/images/4/4b/Matrix_Agents.jpg

anon
03-18-2011, 04:42 PM

"Find them and destroy them!"

merwais
03-18-2011, 05:35 PM
anon-sbi, here i am, going to kill one by one :P

anon
03-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Dodge this.

lol87
03-19-2011, 10:17 PM
What is the purpose to own 2 private tracker sites? To earn more money from donation?

bijoy
03-20-2011, 07:20 PM

Too much use of smilies spoiled the post. :frusty:

http://images.wikia.com/annex/images/4/4b/Matrix_Agents.jpg

:P
:whistling

anon-sbi, here i am, going to kill one by one :P

This thing can kill TD staffs.

What is the purpose to own 2 private tracker sites? To earn more money from donation?

reality can also be opposite.

Cabalo
03-20-2011, 09:16 PM

Right on the spot.

lol87
03-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Thx for the answer Cabalo.

TD is known for faking their stats. Since the owner of TD is the same as IPT, does it mean that IPT fake their stat as well? I'm suspecting that IPT may fake the stats.

anon
03-20-2011, 10:51 PM
TD is known for faking their stats. Since the owner of TD is the same as IPT, does it mean that IPT fake their stat as well? I'm suspecting that IPT may fake the stats.

Unlike on TD, none of the seeder/leecher amounts on IPT is always a multiple of two. I think they also show the same numbers in your client and the site, but I haven't leeched anything for months and I have scrape disabled, so don't quote me on that.

Considering that, they either don't fake their stats or do it very well. Since they've been around for five years already, I'm inclined to think it's the former.