PDA

View Full Version : a good Hide IP program

mike160
03-19-2011, 09:44 PM
hi looking for a good Hide IP program i been useing this one here Platinum Hide IP for 1 month now but it slows down my internet pages and it lock up the pages from loading up sometimes or they wont display right anyone know of a good fast one to use

anon
03-19-2011, 10:41 PM
What do you want to use it for? Just surfing? In that case, just get Ultrasurf.

mike160
03-19-2011, 10:51 PM
anon-sbi i wanted it for surfing and if possible for p2p when useing programs like utorrent but am not looking for freeware ones

anon
03-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Then what you want is a VPN service, I'll give you some helpful links:
http://myvpnreviews.com/
http://www.vpnreviews.com/
http://bestvpnreviews.com/

mike160
03-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Thank You

cibu
03-20-2011, 03:53 PM
If you wanna pay for VPN services you can use the links above ( or go to spicevpn.com , I use it and they have great services - VPN and socks ) .
But if you just wanna use something that will change your ip ( not just for mozilla or google chrome , but for all of your connections ) then use America Online . You can download
http://download.newaol.com/clients/bush/waol/0.4340.130.1/roadie1.7.16.2/AOL_Desktop_9.6.exe

After you download it , you just need an aol account ( you can make it with ease at aol.com ) , and then , after you have installed it take these steps :
1- Sign in with your username
2-Sign of
3- On the sign-in screen select"Connet Options" and click on "Advanced brodband settings "(when asked hit "Continue" )
4-under the "you are currenty editing settings for " tab select "Add brodband profile" and give it any name
5-Under the "connection Type" choose "home network"
6-Click Save and that is it .
After that you will see that at the "sign in" screen you will have your profile in the "Connection" box . If that appears just type in your username , your password and after Aol signs in you will see that you'll have a different ip ( usually from USA ) . Every time you log out and then log in to America Online you will receive another ip address .

I like to use this because my download/upload speed is the same ( only makes with a couple of kb/s , normaly I reach 6mb/s , with this I get 5.8-5.9 mb/s)

If you have any questions let me know and I will make a tutorial for you ( with pics :lol: , it's easier that way )

P.S If you want to just change your ip address on Mozilla Firefox , give me a pm and I can give you all the socks you need , I have a paid subscription from a proxy provider and I don't really use it .

anon
03-20-2011, 05:23 PM
I like to use this because my download/upload speed is the same ( only makes with a couple of kb/s , normaly I reach 6mb/s , with this I get 5.8-5.9 mb/s)

Did you restart your client after connecting? Because if you don't, your "real" Internet connection keeps on being used. Some of my friends use AOL for that, and they've always complained about slow speeds... it is a nice trick, however.

mike160
03-20-2011, 06:31 PM
thanks cibu is this with Aol free :)

Edit: also are they any good free VPN out there

roland
03-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Hotspot Shield works just fine.

No need to pay for VPN.

anon
03-20-2011, 07:07 PM
thanks cibu is this with Aol free :)

Edit: also are they any good free VPN out there

Yes and yes. I think Hostizzle is the best free VPN around these days. It's pretty fast and the limitations for free users are reasonable.

Hotspot Shield works just fine.

No need to pay for VPN.

It may "work fine", but it's far from good. It lags because of all the lamers using it for P2P, its IP is banned on many places, and they force you to use their custom version of OpenVPN.

If you want a good VPN service, you'll have to pay. None of the free ones will give you dedicated IPs, port forwarding or guaranteed speeds.

tor browser ... works fine

Is that what you're using to register here now, J-Dye?

mike160
03-20-2011, 07:12 PM
@ roland how are the speeds on Hotspot Shield caues alot of them free ones slow down you internet speeds and @ gibzero thanks for tor browser but this works with Firefox i dont like Firefox never have i dont know why so many people use it for me its Internet Explorer

Edit : Thanks anon-sbi Hostizzle does look like one of the best free ones out there will try this one out

roland
03-20-2011, 08:54 PM
I think it slows you down a little, just like any VPN, paid or otherwise.You really can't expect it not to.

anon
03-20-2011, 08:59 PM
I think it slows you down a little, just like any VPN, paid or otherwise.You really can't expect it not to.

I don't know about now, but the last time I used it you could barely surf. Not to mention the ads they stuck at the top of every page. Doesn't help that people in my country use it as a solution for P2P shaping, either...

mike160
03-20-2011, 09:40 PM
i thought you could get ban for useing app's like this that hide your ip when useing torrents sites is ant this considered some way of cheating i dont want this for hideing my ip from torrents just realy for surfing the internet anon-sbi would this vpn you were telling me about Hostizzle would this hide my ip from p2p when uploading and downloading :unsure:

Edit : Thanks roland but i think i will pass on this one Hotspot Shield i dont want to hide my ip for p2p and also dont want any ads :(

anon
03-20-2011, 09:47 PM
i thought you could get ban for useing app's like this that hide your ip when useing torrents sites is ant this considered some way of cheating

It's proxies that trackers have issues with. VPNs are mostly OK, but if you use a free one you may appear as a dupe account if someone else is doing the same.

i dont want this for hideing my ip from torrents just realy for surfing the internet anon-sbi would this vpn you were telling me about Hostizzle would this hide my ip from p2p when uploading and downloading

If you don't want it for torrents, why do you ask? :eyebrows:

It would indeed hide your IP, but Hostizzle will disable your certificate if you continuously run torrents on their service. That's not what it was meant for.

mike160
03-20-2011, 10:00 PM
anon-sbi like i said just realy for surfing the internet dont want to be ban from any torrent sites for hideing my ip either way i would ask them first if this is ok just in case dont want then to think am cheating or i have a dupe account when am not am just trying to protect my privacy thats all

roland
03-20-2011, 10:10 PM

I don't know about now, but the last time I used it you could barely surf. Not to mention the ads they stuck at the top of every page. Doesn't help that people in my country use it as a solution for P2P shaping, either...

Well I used it for Hulu streaming, like many other people and tech sites recommended so it can't be that slow.

and of course they have to monetize somehow, but just adblock the images.

mike160
03-20-2011, 10:23 PM
@ roland yeah that what i also want it for Hulu streaming and other sites i might not be able to access becaues of were i live and of course privacy protection from hacker and so on

Edit : i was watching some videos on youtube on how to change your ip with a router i think buying a router would be the best way to go if this is true :unsure: what would be a good router to get let say from best buy that can do this

anon
03-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Edit : i was watching some videos on youtube on how to change your ip with a router i think buying a router would be the best way to go if this is true :unsure:

Heh. It doesn't work like you think.

mike160
03-20-2011, 11:23 PM
work how ? looks pretty simple to me on theses videos and by what i read i dont remember now were this way it realy hides your ip and it does not realy slow down your internet connection like theses free or pay vpn thats what i read dont remember now were

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMfazJWDqQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdZXKcBE4mw

cibu
03-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Yup dude , aol is free and it's just perfect for what you want .
In case you want , you can change your proxy/socks in both utorrent and mozilla firefox . You can easily use a socks ( a good socks ) for mozilla firefox to surf with another ip , and you can enter the same socks in utorrent ( at preferences ) for downloading .
I used this for Zamunda when they only allowed a certain country to download from them :lol:

p.s @mike , trust me you can't just change your ip address that easily . If you have a router just restart it and if your ip is dynamic ( which I think it is ) , it will change . But my advice is to use AOL . It always gives you US ip and you can watch hulu , browse and download with better speeds than a proxy/socks or any other stuff .

mike160
03-20-2011, 11:47 PM
thanks cibu yeah i use to use Zamunda to but i cant access the site any more becaues of were i live so changeing my ip would be also good for this :) i would like to try the router as they say this way your internet speeds pretty much stay the same and you can also hide your ip but i need to wait to i can go buy one frist maybe this week what is a good router to do this with also whats Zamunda url i forgot haven't used them in awhile i hope my account is still there good site for old stuff its something like demonoid with good speeds :)

Edit : i also found this link here on how to do this useing your router looks pretty easy but who know to i buy the router and try it

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/122708-how-change-your-ip-linksys-router.html

anon
03-21-2011, 01:52 AM
I don't feel like explaining it in detail, so I'll make a quick analogy: thinking you can change and "hide" your IP using a router is like thinking the cops will never catch you if you move to a house that's right next to your current one. I could explain it in detail, but it does not achieve what you want.

Zamunda's URL is their name plus .net.

mike160
03-21-2011, 02:59 AM
ok thanks i will look more then into router and hideing ip useing router i thought you could use a router from what i read about paid vpn then this will do the job right ? it will hide ip ? and about Zamunda.net all i get when i type this in is google results not the site :(

anon
03-21-2011, 03:05 AM
paid vpn then this will do the job right ? it will hide ip ?

Yes, that will work.

and about Zamunda.net all i get when i type this in is google results not the site :(

You need an IP from Bulgaria for the site to load.

mike160
03-21-2011, 03:52 AM
ok thanks anon-sbi :)

cibu
03-21-2011, 10:39 AM
If you ever need a bulgarian ip (socks 5)to acces Zamunda just pm me and I can give you one . If not , you can google for free proxy.
I used to have an account there but I lost it due to inactivity :( ....too bad because they have a big archieve

anon
03-21-2011, 03:41 PM
They say the following HTTP proxy also works well for surfing and announcing:

tehif.eu:3128

Sadly, it does not for me...

mike160
03-21-2011, 06:07 PM
so whats the best piad one from this link you give me anon-sbi looks to be this one VPN4All Basic can i use this one for torrents

http://bestvpnreviews.com/

anon
03-21-2011, 06:12 PM
so whats the best piad one from this link you give me anon-sbi

I don't know. Besides a quick test on Perfect-Privacy, I never tried any paid services :P

mike160
03-21-2011, 06:19 PM
the reason i want a piad one is they look to be faster and unlimited and theses guys look to be the best out there

VPN4All http://www.vpn4all.com/

Blackbeard
03-23-2011, 06:02 AM
I recommend Tor but it'll be slow. I use it from time to time :P

mike160
03-24-2011, 06:12 AM
i just install on my computer Hostizzle it looks to be working but when i check my ip online its still showing my real ip :( does it work like this

Edit : i think am going to go with Tor does anyone know if this can be use with google chrome i was reading that this is the fastest browser right now would be nice to be able to run Tor with it :) i now it runs well with firefox but would like to run it with google chrome

Tor

https://www.torproject.org/

Google Chrome

http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl=en&brand=CHMA&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha

Edit : WoW am useing Tor with firefox right now pretty fast of course not full speeds but pretty fast nice lil program does anyone know how to change countries useing Tor

anon
03-24-2011, 05:15 PM
i just install on my computer Hostizzle it looks to be working but when i check my ip online its still showing my real ip :( does it work like this

Nope. You actually, hm, connected to Hostizzle, right? :unsure:

Edit : i think am going to go with Tor does anyone know if this can be use with google chrome i was reading that this is the fastest browser right now

I think it can be used despite Chrome using IE's proxy settings, which don't support SOCKS.

does anyone know how to change countries useing Tor

http://scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi?Gw=tor+country+selection&n=2

mike160
03-26-2011, 10:09 PM
thanks

XDA
03-27-2011, 03:27 AM
Here is what I'm using at the moment
http://www.yourprivatevpn.com/?q=en

mike160
03-28-2011, 02:05 AM
thanks XDA looks good i will check them out but i think am going to go with Tor looks pretty easy to use

anon
03-28-2011, 02:09 AM
...except that Tor shouldn't be used for P2P.

mike160
03-28-2011, 08:09 PM
i know anon-sbi i was reading that on there site no p2p so am just going to use it for internet not for p2p

Edit : Tor is not working now with google just yahoo when you use google to search you get

About this page

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot

This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop. In the meantime, solving the above CAPTCHA will let you continue to use our services.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more

Sometimes you may be asked to solve the CAPTCHA if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly.

:( :( :( dont know why and i love useing google to search